Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (42862 Views)

Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? / 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Bioboy1213(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
educational discrimination, tribalism, religious conflict... all in one country! infact... I just don't understand the beef with private unis.. seriously you choose to be in a fedral uni, that's fine. I choose to be in a private uni, totally my business. so what exactly is your problem OP??
"freedom is restricted" let them worry about that
"its expensive" you are not the one paying
"exposure" (really? maybe you should explain the kinda exposure you mean
"life on campus is fun" I can only laugh at this. morality is the key word. but since your definition of fun is clubbing, parties, dating, gossips (well I know you ll out grow that someday). and talking about meeting real people? hehe trust me you have no idea grin
"hard work is compulsory" and you think we don't work hard in private unis? well my dear, we do. the only difference is that we get to see the result of our hard work.. which makes working hard easy cheesy unlike in "some" federal schs that the hard work of a student is being frustrated..
"produce more mature graduates" maturity is an individual thing. private unis graduates are doing just fine.. you might be too hateful to see it buh it doesn't change the fact..
finally, its not the uni that matters, its what you can deliver smiley
. May God bless you abundantly...no mind that idiots....well am not here to insult anybody sha.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2015
Donpizzle:

well spoken....buh i must say that its better to be a graduate of public than a private....private skul graduates are seen by recruiters/employers as pple who were unable to pass UTME. Speakin frm a frnd's xperience.

Seriously!

Which Organization is that? I'm sure its a one man company in a 2 bedroom flat. grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
educational discrimination, tribalism, religious conflict... all in one country! infact... I just don't understand the beef with private unis.. seriously you choose to be in a fedral uni, that's fine. I choose to be in a private uni, totally my business. so what exactly is your problem OP??
"life on campus is fun" I can only laugh at this. morality is the key word. but since your definition of fun is clubbing, parties, dating, gossips (well I know you ll out grow that someday). and talking about meeting real people? hehe trust me you have no idea grin
"hard work is compulsory" and you think we don't work hard in private unis? well my dear, we do. the only difference is that we get to see the result of our hard work.. which makes working hard easy cheesy unlike in "some" federal schs that the hard work of a student is being frustrated..
"produce more mature graduates" maturity is an individual thing. private unis graduates are doing just fine.. you might be too hateful to see it buh it doesn't change the fact..

Guy I throway salute give you.

You too make sense jo.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by dulux07(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Continue to deceive ursef, jst because u cant afford a private, does not mean u shud condemn it.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Bellamoney:
Christian My Engineering brother?Scott....Chemical engineering.
@cityhood,it is not just in private universities that 70% of students don't know wat to
Do with their life after school @least they know that after graduation they
Are on the next flight abroad for masters ......it is even worst in public universities
Where 90% of students still believe they will get a white collar job immediately
after school without having Employabilty skills.....talking about fake lifes....where did u think we
Learnt it from?...... In Corporate Nigeria it is called PACKAGING bro.
Lol..scott u don change ur nick.. I b think say u b iuo chick o.. and congrats on gmb winning u talk am.... No mind ds mumu OP
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by cityhood: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2015
I have seen soe parent selling off their property and even car to meetuup schoool fees!

Hhhhmmn what a pity
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2015
cityhood:
I have seen soe parent selling off their property and even car to meetuup schoool fees!

Hhhhmmn what a pity
Cant u do dat for ur child?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2015
smudge2079:
wink grin Tell me a private university dat dont treat their students like kids . Covenant? babcock, redeeemers, Jabu, Madonna, Bells? except maybe d one owned by ASari Dokubo
Lead city?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
sorry man,you took the wrong route.
I was hoping you will come out with some hooking stuffs,these don't come striking at all.

Apart from the mature graduates ish,the rest are just G I B B E R I S H lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by macuwon(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Op am a product of a private uni. Sharrap please!
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Donpizzle:

well spoken....buh i must say that its better to be a graduate of public than a private....private skul graduates are seen by recruiters/employers as pple who were unable to pass UTME. Speakin frm a frnd's xperience.
honestly you need to know the admission process of some private university. its more that mere UTME. and its only online I read abt how employers prefer fed uni student.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by elbaraj001(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Op...I really agree with u...most of dis schools have succeeded in making abnormal laws in d name of character building forgetting d fact dere so called graduates will compete with odas in d real world...some one talked abt graduates of private unis gaining employment in big companies...d question is...who owns d company? How did dey get it d employment? Dos re question u should ask urself...e.g if my fada or uncle own a company n even if I have diploma qualification, can't he employ me n leave graduates of Universities? So stop fooling urself n accept reality...no hrt feelings pls..one love
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by StarMogul(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
dajoaneke:
What I loved about schooling in University Of Jos is that there are no restrictions to visiting the opposite sex in the hostel. Visit anyone at any time of the day or night. Unijos was & is still fun
for ur parents mind naw my child dey study.Chai!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by JayJustus(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
where are the people that schooled in France and Fiji islands??
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by cityhood: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
I think the level of knowledge now this days
If i get money to sponsor my child i will look at the next things in my hand!

Before embarking on it

I have seen pple who his dad died and then tins start to day go wrong for them!

3 in private universiies
No jamb
So they have to go re write jamb to public school
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by KELVIN086: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
op is just too poor and has suffered alot in this life thats why hes hating on private unis
op pray one day you have the money to send your kids to a private uni or better abroad

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by KELVIN086: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
poor guy just came online to rubbish private unis, and in the course of doing so it backfired on him. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by davereal(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:

Best reply! You've said it all. But let me add this: in private uni you don't pay for 'A' rather you work for it. Private unis produce graduates in character and learning while public unis produce graduates in learning alone: that's why they can't fit into the corporate world.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by fairygeh(f): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
if not that u are a girl/lady like me,i would have publicly kissed u cheesy cry kiss
1 million likes for this post
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:

omg apart from itsdumebi , I tot I'd never see a cu student here . What level and course pls
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
fairygeh:
if not that u are a girl/lady like me,i would have publicly kissed u cheesy cry kiss
1 million likes for this post
lol.. 14years o.. hehehe
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

omg apart from itsdumebi , I tot I'd never see a cu student here . What level and course pls
business administration... smiley
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
davereal:

Best reply! You've said it all. But let me add this: in private uni you don't pay for 'A' rather you work for it. Private unis produce graduates in character and learning while public unis produce graduates in learning alone: that's why they can't fit into the corporate world.
i don't know why they can't understand that.. They don't dash us grades.. For where?! You work for it. Take my sch for example now a simple attendance can make you carryover can you imagine that! Me for example, iv been carrying over a course since 100l cry because of attendance. And you ll hear them saying private uni student don't carryover, they don't fail. My dear come and see student carrying over, repeating and spilling..
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by no2fuks(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
I can't imagine coping with all the stupid rules and regulations. I attended a public university ( unilag) and that felt like it was a "glorified secondary schools" for example any problem they try to involve your parents, students sent out of class until he cuts off his dreads, the way lecturers treat students its hard to explain but it was very backwards imo. nigeria educational system like every other thing handicaps the youth
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by no2fuks(m): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
university is supposed to perpare you for the real world I hope this trend stops asap.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by josgolf(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Msquare220:
Many Nigerian students these days often move quickly to queue for private universities when making a choice of institution. I agree that private universities have advantages like the absence of strike, easy access to lecturers… Well, that’s about all.

Public universities, federal and state, have a lot of advantages, from cheaper school fees, to the freedom to be an adult. Public universities expose you to the real world, introduces you to the hustle of life unlike private universities that consist of a lot of brats who are literally spoon-fed. They are so pampered, ​making difficult to face the real world when they become graduates.
So here’s my case for choosing a public university.

1. Public universities allow for freedom and independence:

Students in public universities enjoy the freedom to make decisions for themselves and learn to be almost independent. Private universities keep students within the four walls of their campuses and under certain rules more suited for teenagers than young adults. The laws in public universities are not imposed on the students; they are just the basic principles a normal student is meant to follow. It’s funny when I see pictures of private university students being punished or hear of certain rules like compulsory attendance of chapel, feeding time tables, dress codes, etc.​.​ It is absurd; these are adults​!​

2. Cost of education:

It is a lot cheaper to attend public university than a private one and this is not limited to school fees. Cost of living on public universities is also cheaper. Students cook their own meals and hav​e access to shops on campus and in town where prices of goods and services are competitive. On the other hand, the cost of living on a private university secluded campus for one semester is enough to build a house.

3. Public university g​ives “exposure” to students:

It’s more than obvious that public university students are ​”​sharper​”​ than private university students. Private university students who are often referred to as “JJC” or “Learners” by public university students, live what I term “the microwave life” which is the easy life. In federal universities you get to meet all sorts: from cultists to Aristo chicks, people with different personalities. It makes one exposed to what life really is. One is exposed to the hustle and learns how to struggle for things. There are still brats in federal universities but most of them get to grow up when exposed to the hustle.

4. Life on and off campus is FUN:

There are so many parties to attend, clubs and events. One gets to meet real people, one also learns to be real. There is a lot of gist and gossip, lot of things to laugh at. Rather than chapel, it’s clubbing. Dating is even fun in federal schools. Couples express love without fear as adults. One gets to see students that are rich and poor mingling as equals; students who express themselves through their dressing and not relegated to some uniform.

5. Hard work is compulsory:

Students in public universities have work​ed​ through exceptional odds to succeed; challenges that help one not take life for granted. Imagine a department of over a thousand students with a very small lecture hall or a lecturer who spends only twenty minutes in a class where he is meant to spend two hours, or one who only gives handouts. Faced with issues like these, students work extra hard to come out with well-deserved results.

6. Public universities produce more mature graduates:

With all the challenges: strikes, nonchalant lecturers, freedom to express yourself as adult etc., public universities are more equipped for life after graduation. They know that things would not just be handed to them and are used to making decisions for themselves. -
guy forget da tin...they no dey give certificate for suffering...if i had my way,i wouldnt mind attendn any f d private schools.The most important thing is d acquisition of knowledge...that said,private school s good,public school is also good...anyone wey your hand reach,go...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by dajoaneke(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
StarMogul:
for ur parents mind naw my child dey study.Chai!
My result can speak for itself
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
I think MOUAU is the only federal school here in naija that their fees are outrageous....
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by millstone(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
Bro... dis is d best answer. I dont know wats deir beef. I schooled in uniben n later completed my studies in a private uni. It's not d uni dat matters. It's what u can give
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by dajoaneke(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emodeee:

y u no go lyk am? Wen una go dey fvck unasef for hostel.

You sound bitter. Did you attend missionary school?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by CallMeBIRA(f): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
GBAM

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful University You Have Been To In Nigeria / University Of Uyo(uniuyo) Students' Chat Room. Great Tuskites. / University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.