Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections (10114 Views)

Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. / Photos From 2015 NEDG Presidential Debate, GEJ Present, GMB Absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Ikengawo: 2:17am On Apr 11, 2015
With the elections at an end the word on everyone tongue today is Igbo. From uncertainty about the 'fate' of an oppositional Igbo people in a Nigeria ruled by APC. I'm confident that there's nothing to 'fear' about APC being in power because I believe they will follow the example created by GEJ of politics without bitterness. Moreover, no group in Nigeria has gained more politically in the past 5 years than the Igbo people. I say this because though few of us are keen to this habit, I like to keep myself familiar with the past to contrast it with the present. In the recent past were were fragmented, disunited and voiceless at the center. Today I present the gains we have made in the past few years that has made the Igbo people today's political epicenter.

Rekindled Alliances: Our ability to stay focused on the original adversary to our progress not just as a tribe, but as a region, allowed the
South South which is typically inconsistent to inessence 'see the light'. It also allowed may Igbos to let bygones be bygones the business environment in Nigeria improved under GEJ. Igbos related to the witch hunting, envy and sabotage against GEJ and rallied to support him. At the same time the South South saw this gesture and past transgression from both regions were left as water under the bridge. With an increase of awareness in the south south and an increase in forgiveness in the south east, the Eastern alliance is back. An honorable mention goes to the eastern middle belt which is also firmly pro-PDP as wel.

PDP: Without a doubt Igbos now have a major party that represents and protects their interests. In the past Igbos were a marginal part of all parties in Nigeria except their own APGA. With APGA and PDP allying and Igbos staying loyal to the new PDP built be GEJ, PDP has come of age. Most importantly the exodus of tribalist elements from the SW and North have left the incredibly powerful wide spread machinery of the PDP in Igbo hands as the part reforms to be more technocrat based and the home of fair ethical politics. Today Igbos have a steer and undeniable leadership and equity in Labour, PDP, APGA, and increasingly the APC.

Lagos seats: It is clear that the presence of Igbos in Lagos has reached a level of discomfort for Yorubas (primarily non indigenous yorubas) that even a royal monarch feels the threat of consolidated Igbo domination. While Igbos didn't come to Lagos to dominate, Their successes and presence has been rewarded by the election of multiple Igbo men and women into the Lagos assembly, making Igbos to only ethnic group to win elections outside of their ethnic region. Today the elections of Yoruba Jimi Agbaje and Yoruba Ambode is left with Igbos being the primary focus of discussion but a fearful APC and the lagos populace as a whole because the force of our will has been shown in our electoral victories.

Unity: For the first time in years Igbos are one. We speak with one voice. We went to the polls for one man. the Igbos in the PDP are allies with those in APGA, those in APGA are allies with those in PDP. Delta Igbo and South East Igbo are by the day not see as two separate things. Our vision and focus is now clear and more united than that of any group as Igbos are now seen as the bedrock of power for the east region, the PDP, and the Nigerian economy.

Political Maturity: As a mark of pride, the SE was the only violence free region during the entire 2015 campaign era. Under GEJ our gubernatorial elections have been conducted effortlessly. People are happy with results and because the voice of the people is now king the 'vassals' installed on us by former military rulers are all gone. Today all Igbo leaders are their own man, like them or not, as opposed to the 'boys' of military men.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by pazienza(m): 2:39am On Apr 11, 2015
All true, except the part of being the only ethnic group to ever win an elective post, outside their homeland.

An Urhobo Man also won one of the house of the rep seats in Lagos and I heard the Igbos are heavily populated in the part of Lagos he won.

So, I suggest you edit that part of your otherwise lovely post.

Thanks.

20 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Ikengawo, the problem with a lot of Nigerians is that they have short term memory. Remember how Nigeria was before Jonathan.

How many infrastructural projects was done
How many business friendly policies was passed (ask Dangote)
Look at the competitive ranking of Nigeria today
the FOI Bill
The power reform

where do I begin. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the fact is that the policies implemented under Jonathan administration will benefit the southeast and Nigeria for a long time.

If buhari tries to reverse them, investors will pull out of Nigeria in a heart beat.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 11, 2015
An Urhobo guy also won in Lagos. ...hmm Ikengawo, by now you should know that for that particular point your language should have been more like:

Making Lagosians of non ideginous ethic origins the only ones who won elections outside of their ethnic regions.

Hopefully we'll soon hear of Ndi Anambra of non indigenous ethnic origins winning in Anambra, or non indegenous Kano citizens winning in Kano. I seriously envy where Lagos has gone to.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by playboy99(m): 3:46am On Apr 11, 2015
so what is the moral lesson if u claim pdp is the party of the SE N Ss hope u guys wuld wake up one dAY N SUPPORT UR OWN.koz i didnt knw y u didnt vote 4 chekwas okorie #ACE

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by nzeobi(m): 5:22am On Apr 11, 2015
Unity and ability to forgive and not forget the past. If buhari doesn't perform and PDP fields a northerner and an IBO man then he is gone
Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Lander882: 5:23am On Apr 11, 2015
The Lagoon?
Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by oduastates: 5:25am On Apr 11, 2015
The seven stages of PAIN

SHOCK & DENIAL-
PAIN
ANGER
DEPRESSION & LONELINES
Acceptance : I LEAVE AM TO GOD
WETIN HAPPEN SEF?
NA SO GOD WANT AM.

It is so lonely when you are stripped of power LOL.
You have gone through your 7 stages already. Your brothers are still throwing their toys out of the pram.

Na stage 3 aro ( anger) dem still dey

17 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Sloan: 5:28am On Apr 11, 2015
What if PDP dies again like APGA and PPA?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nice488: 5:30am On Apr 11, 2015
A lot actually

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by mensdept: 5:37am On Apr 11, 2015
LOL @ OP

So PDP is protecting Igbo interest. You mean recycling trash like Theo Orji who smuggled himself into the senate, and even Egwu in Ebonyi?

Igbo have thieves representing them, and therefore PDP is nothing more than the usual crooks that have ssytematically reduced the East to 0 in the upcoming govt of Buhari.

Its APGA or APC

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Akshow: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2015
console ursef op. No crime in that.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 6:56am On Apr 11, 2015
This Op is dull. Winning a seat in a Yeeboe dominated area is an achievement. No wonder they rejoice and party all night during the launching of a paper bridge. Lwkmd

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by ignis: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Truth. ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:
This Op is dull. Winning a seat in a Yeeboe dominated area is an achievement. No wonder they rejoice and party all night during the launching of a paper bridge. Lwkmd

Bro, let's faace the facn these people now pose a threat to us and I blame Tinubu for this,why can't he draw Gani Adams to his side? Now Gani is working against Yoruba interests in Lagos and this people are laughing at us. Most Yorubas in Lagos don't even know there is an underground Cold War being waged by the ibos against us in our back yard and we keep being nice and accomodating to them.

If we win today then Tinubu and his minions have to do something about the ibos in various strata of Yoruba society in Lagos.We just have to do something because the ibos are propelled by hate and revenge for their Civil War loss and we can only stop their match by actually stamping our foot on the ground to reverse whatever gains that have been made by this ibos. Now I know why the Hausas perpetuate serious Violence against the ibos in the North, its evident in what is happening in Lagos today as we are being called weak and "Cowards" by these same people we have accomodated.

ALL yorubas who have the opportunity to see this must in their own little corners start to make the Land uncomfortable for the ibos so as to pass the message that we are not happy with what is happening to us. The ibos would never allow anybody near their political institutions in Alaigbo but due to our "hospitality" and "sophistication" we are about to lose our most prized assets to these marauding biafrans. Eledumare would not forgive the present generation of Yorubas in Lagos if we don't act now to forestall this great calamity from befalling us.

Aboro la n so fun Omoluabi, ti o ba de inu re, a di odidin. Ire oooooo.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Bro, let's faace the facn these people now pose a threat to us and I blame Tinubu for this,why can't he draw Gani Adams to his side? Now Gani is working against Yoruba interests in Lagos and this people are laughing at us. Most Yorubas in Lagos don't even know there is an underground Cold War being waged by the ibos against us in our back yard and we keep being nice and accomodating to them.

If we win today then Tinubu and his minions have to do something about the ibos in various strata of Yoruba society in Lagos.We just have to do something because the ibos are propelled by hate and revenge for their Civil War loss and we can only stop their match by actually stamping our foot on the ground to reverse whatever gains that have been made by this ibos. Now I know why the Hausas perpetuate serious Violence against the ibos in the North, its evident in what is happening in Lagos today as we are being called weak and "Cowards" by these same people we have accomodated.

ALL yorubas who have the opportunity to see this must in their own little corners start to make the Land uncomfortable for the ibos so as to pass the message that we are not happy with what is happening to us. The ibos would never allow anybody near their political institutions in Alaigbo but due to our "hospitality" and "sophistication" we are about to lose our most prized assets to these marauding biafrans. Eledumare would not forgive the present generation of Yorubas in Lagos if we don't act now to forestall this great calamity from befalling us.

Aboro la n so fun Omoluabi, ti o ba de inu re, a di odidin. Ire oooooo.

You are absolutely right. I got to know there motives when one scatter guy said we should go listen to radio biafra to hear most of there plans. They are planning secretly and most yoruba folks are getting to wake up now, Gani is just a paper tiger, there are more ruthless leaders in the OPC. I think they cautioned the yeeboes few days ago, we cant just sit and allow those fools insult us and call us coward. The Hausa know them well and they dare not call Hausa cowards cos those one slaughter them easily. We are cowards cos we accommodate and live with them peacefully, we are truly messing up.

Jimi will lose woefully today either by hook or crook, and we will define for them the true owners of Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by kettykin: 9:30am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

You are absolutely right. I got to know there motives when one scatter guy said we should go listen to radio biafra to hear most of there plans. They are planning secretly and most yoruba folks are getting to wake up now, Gani is just a paper tiger, there are more ruthless leaders in the OPC. I think they cautioned the yeeboes few days ago, we cant just sit and allow those fools insult us and call us coward. The Hausa know them well and they dare not call Hausa cowards cos those one slaughter them easily. We are cowards cos we accommodate and live with them peacefully, we are truly messing up.

Jimi will lose woefully today either by hook or crook, and we will define for them the true owners of Lagos.

A support for biafra would in a single day solve all your problems

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 9:34am On Apr 11, 2015
kettykin:

A support for biafra would in a single day solve all your problems

Whats my own with your foolish biafra. Must we support your cause before it can be achieved, whats holding you from starting your biafra madness. Tell all your fellow yeeboes to leave the North, Middlebelt and SW and start your biafra, then everyone will take you all serious. Your coward biafra director said he will bomb Nigeria and kill everyone, we are waiting for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by kettykin: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

Whats my own with your foolish biafra. Must we support your cause before it can be achieved, whats holding you from starting your biafra madness. Tell all your fellow yeeboes to leave the North, Middlebelt and SW and start your biafra, then everyone will take you all serious. Your coward biafra director said he will bomb Nigeria and kill everyone, we are waiting for him.
If you spent half of the effort you wasted spewing out viles against igbos on the Internet to writing and convincing your kinsmen most of who supported the use of hunger to stop biafra when military combat reached a stalemate and who go about convincing the north not to leave, towards supporting biafra then there at the end of the day there will be no igbos for you to spew your hate on in lagos.

In summary join ,open and contribute on threads that would convince the yorubas and hausas on the benefits of Biafra and not spewing viles on them

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by miracle11: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2015
mensdept:
LOL @ OP

So PDP is protecting Igbo interest. You mean recycling trash like Theo Orji who smuggled himself into the senate, and even Egwu in Ebonyi?

Igbo have thieves representing them, and therefore PDP is nothing more than the usual crooks that have ssytematically reduced the East to 0 in the upcoming govt of Buhari.

Its APGA or APC
speaking of trash dey have defected to apc. D same problems we had in nigeria. One and d same just a change in political party. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2015
[s]
kettykin:

If you spent half of the effort you wasted spewing out viles against igbos on the Internet to writing and convincing your kinsmen most of who supported the use of hunger to stop biafra when military combat reached a stalemate and who go about convincing the north not to leave, towards supporting biafra then there at the end of the day there will be no igbos for you to spew your hate on in lagos.

In summary join ,open and contribute on threads that would convince the yorubas and hausas on the benefits of Biafra and not spewing viles on them
[/s]

Look at this hypocrite, so all your past post filled with hateful words against the yorubas are right. I have always known you yeeboes to be bigot and hypocrites, the curse and hateful words you all spew against the yorubas are good right. Is anyone holding you from going, whats my own with your biafra madness. Start by relocating all your kinsmen to your SE, reject all allocations to your state then everyone will take you serious. You can continue displaying your madness and stupidity, thats your f.cuking problem.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by kettykin: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:
[s][/s]

Look at this hypocrite, so all your past post filled with hateful words against the yorubas are right. I have always known you yeeboes to be bigot and hypocrites, the curse and hateful words you all spew against the yorubas are good right. Is anyone holding you from going, whats my own with your biafra madness. Start by relocating all your kinsmen to your SE, reject all allocations to your state then everyone will take you serious. You can continue displaying your madness and stupidity, thats your f.cuking problem.

I think and suggest a plebiscite or referendum first before relocation or anything

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2015
kettykin:

I think and suggest a plebiscite or referendum first before relocation or anything

My brother, I support the referendum.You ibos should be allowed to go.....We don tire ooo.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by joeyfire(m): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Alcatraz001:

My brother, I support the referendum.You ibos should be allowed to go.....We don tire ooo.

Please lend your voice to the call for implementation of the confab report and put pressure on SW legislators for the referendum to hold. We will do same with the SE legislators. No point our arguing online lets make it happen so our descendants can thank us for being proactive
Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by kettykin: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Don't get tired yet because when they wanted to go in 1966 it was yoruba leaders that were shouting if by omission and commission the east was allowed to go the west would also go

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by joeyfire(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2015
kettykin:

Don't get tired yet because when they wanted to go in 1966 it was yoruba leaders that were shouting if by omission and commission the east was allowed to go the west would also go

Bros leave matter that is old news. We just need to apply efforts to ensure that the confab report is implemented by the APC dominated federal legislature. The Oba Akiolu threat may actually help this task

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by XBLadez: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:
[s][/s]

[s]Look at this hypocrite, so all your past post filled with hateful words against the yorubas are right. I have always known you yeeboes to be bigot and hypocrites, the curse and hateful words you all spew against the yorubas are good right. Is anyone holding you from going, whats my own with your biafra madness. Start by relocating all your kinsmen to your SE, reject all allocations to your state then everyone will take you serious. You can continue displaying your madness and stupidity, thats your f.cuking problem. [/s]
Bastard!
Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by XBLadez: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

[s]Whats my own with your foolish biafra. Must we support your cause before it can be achieved, whats holding you from starting your biafra madness. Tell all your fellow yeeboes to leave the North, Middlebelt and SW and start your biafra, then everyone will take you all serious. Your coward biafra director said he will bomb Nigeria and kill everyone, we are waiting for him.[/s]
Asshole
Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2015
XBLadez:

My wh.ore mother is a bas.tard

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Crueldeed: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2015
XBLadez:

My father will continue to rot in hell!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
pazienza:
All true, except the part of being the only ethnic group to ever win an elective post, outside their homeland.

An Urhobo Man also won one of the house of the rep seats in Lagos and I heard the Igbos are heavily populated in the part of Lagos he won.

So, I suggest you edit that part of your otherwise lovely post.

Thanks.

and hausas have for long had a seat(@least) at the Oyo house of assembly

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Perhaps there is a need to correct the misconception that Igbos are many in Lagos because it was once the capital of Nigeria.

Igbos are many everywhere. Even in Ilorin, Kwara state. This emphasises the need for the Igbo nation to be apprreciative of their hospitable Yorub hosts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[FULL LIST] Ministers And Their Portfolios / 2019: Politicians Storing Weapons, Planning Post-Poll Violence - Security Chiefs / South-West PDP To Buhari: At 78, Seek Forgiveness For Your Sins, Not Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.