Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (199704 Views)

Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? / Car Shipment From Uk To Nigeria / Help With Car Shipment From California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Leslexx: 1:04am On Sep 07, 2007
Hi adexfem

so Whats the trick of paying as less as possible then grin?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 07, 2007
adexfem:

Siena
Its only idle agents that will give out fixed land line numbers.As for me i stay in my office when i don't have jobs at hand.Why don't you want to call a mobile number.I am sure you are in UK.Guy if you have a serious business at hand give me a call or send an email. cool

Idle agents? That's untrue. So, are you saying agents of any sort of business that give out landline numbers are idle?

It makes perfect sense to give out a mobile number AND a landline one. It just gives prospective clients a lot more confidence in you, it's not about NOT wanting to call a mobile number, it's more about the ease by which mobile numbers, especially PAYG ones in Nigeria CAN be changed.

Yes, I'm in the UK, and do put a lot of clients in touch with agents in Nigeria, but with a lot of money involved, these guys WON'T deal with an agent that does NOT have a landline number. I'm sure you can understand my point. So, why not have a landline number, in addition to your mobile one?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by folargbite(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
I am also interested in the cost of clearing an Honda Odyssey 2006 model at the Apapa port
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2007
Siena,
Get your gist grin.Sure i have an office land line.But i prefer giving out my mobile number.
I believe the land line you are talking about is not enough but also the office of the person.
My land line is 23417407315. cool
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2007
leslexx,
I already told you oo. angry
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 12:20am On Sep 12, 2007
Folargbite,
That will cost you --------.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Leslexx: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2007
@ ALHAJI ali

I spoke to this people at aashipping now and I wasnt impressed at all because  unlike other shippers they cannot guarantee when my cars would be shipped

Also, their price is as follows:

Prices for Container:

- Container = $3950

Prices for Loading: (which you must pay)

- 1 Car = $450
- 2 Car = $600
- 3 Car = $900
- 4 Car = $1150

Prices for within US Transportationsadwhich you must pay unless you bring the car to them yourself)

- Between $250 - $600

Finally they only ship from 3 Ports as opposed to from every port in the US.

Anyway, I didnt like their setup. Didnt sound professional to me.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2007
Hello. I have a friend who lives in Milwaukee and needs information on clearing a container from TINCAN

1: How much does it costs per car (considering make and year)
2: Does the Model of the car matter? Rolls Royce -Honda
3: Does the year the car was manufactured matter? in nigerian terms
4: What type of containers are popular 1x40, 1x20 etc and why
5: What is the logical process and what documents are required, can one pay into a bank like you pay your nepa bills?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2007
The cost depends on the year of the car you want to clear.Recent cars are usually more expensive to clear.The cost of clearing an Honda 2006 model will be higher than that of Honda 2000 model.
The container you use depends on the size of your car.A 1x20ft container can carry 2 cars while it cannot carry 2 big jeeps.Sometimes it also depends on the expertise of the people at the loading point.
The main processes involved are,
-Get your car abroad,
-Get a shipping company or shipping agent over there,
-Pay freight charges to the shipping company(Freight varies with distance,mode of transportation,type of vehicle, and the shipping company involved),
-Collect a Bill of Lading which is the document that contains detail information about your cargo,
-Give the Bill of Lading to the clearing agent which he will use to track your cargo from the shipping company in Nigeria,
-When the ship arrives its destination, the clearing agent will pay the duty charged on your cargo to the Nigerian custom,pay the shipping company charges and some other miscellaneous expenses on your behalf.
-After all the above processes, your cargo is finally released for you to carry.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2007
Thanks for the info. i am very grateful

There are 2 cars (Honda Accord 2003 and the Toyota Camry 2003) so i guess the 1x20ft Container is best (i hear it is cheaper to ship in containers)

He can handle all other costs, so how much do you figure the cars mentioned will cost to clear at TINCAN. or is it RORO

Do you know of a reputable Agent or can i just go there with the papers and make the payment?

Regards
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2007
As a matter of fact, i am a Licensed Custom agent.I can take care of it.
Using a container is safer but costlier..
If you use a container which i prefer most, i will charge you -------.
You can give me a call on 08056345590 or email me on adexfem@yahoo.co.uk so that you can negotiate the price i charged you easily.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2007
Thanks, will call later tommorrow.

Is that your very best price?

My number is 0806 681 0806

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2007
You are welcome.Will be expecting your call.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Gobi38: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
adexfem - Per your response to questions, it seems you really know your stuff. Here is my storey - My 2007 Toyota Camry was shipped (from Maryland USA) via a shared 40ft container. The other vehicle is a minivan (don't know the year-but it’s a used car). Any way the shipping company consignee in Lagos wants me to pay 680k Naira as part of my charge of clearing the 40ft container. How much will you charge to clear the whole container?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2007
Thanks for the comment.
Whats the name of the shipping company?
Most shipping companies dont clear cargoes, they only ship your cargo and give you the documents.I suggest you ask them very well,probably they are charging you for shipping and not clearing.
I will charge you ,
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Gobi38: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2007
so you are saying your charge for 40ft container with two cars (2007 Toyota Camry and a used mini van) is 1.5m . The shipping company here in Maryland have an agent in Lagos that clears cars/containers for their custmers.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ricki: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2007
Agitus

hi Agitus, i did check your details but you only do logistic.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Jen33(m): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2007
Guys, I'd like to know the general profit margins involved in shipping a 2003-2006 car to Nigeria to sell. How viable is it as an ongoing business venture?

Regards. grin
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by knzguru(m): 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2007
try xcellogistics they bring in cars of their clients together in containers thus lowering the cost of shipment per vehicle. i believe their website is www.xcellgostics.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Agitus(m): 7:09am On Oct 03, 2007
That's our website only with that, but we are doing used cars export as well. If you are interested we are able to get best prices in auctions for used cars in USA.

Waiting for your replies
Thanks
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sanjayPH(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2007
pls i'll be going the US next month and i intend to buy a car for myself and a friend.
1) can you help with the price for CLEARING IN NIGERIA
2) IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOAD THE 2 CARS IN A 20FT CONTAINER
3) CAN IT BE SENT TO PORTHACOURT PORT FOR CLEARING, IF SO IS THE CLEARING CHARGES SAME

PLS I'LL WANT RELIABLE CLEARING AGENT TO GIVE THERE NUMBERS SO I CAN CALL THEM UP
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sanjayPH(m): 9:32am On Oct 03, 2007
THE CAR IS A JEEP AND ONE SALOON CAR BTW 2003 AND 2006 MODELS.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2007
adexfem:

Thanks for the comment.
Whats the name of the shipping company?
Most shipping companies don't clear cargoes, they only ship your cargo and give you the documents.I suggest you ask them very well,probably they are charging you for shipping and not clearing.
I will charge you 1.05M.

@Gobi38
I mean One million and fifty thousand naira (1,050,000) and not One million five hundred thousand naira (1,500,000).
Tell me if my charges are not reasonable.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2007
@Sanjay

A 1x20ft container can contain two cars provided that the cars are not too big, it can contain a small jeep and a small car.This also depends on the experience of the people at the loading point.
You can call or contact me via email so that i can give you my charges.

Femi.
adexfem@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
sanjay-PH:

please i'll be going the US next month and i intend to buy a car for myself and a friend.
1) can you help with the price for CLEARING IN NIGERIA
2) IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOAD THE 2 CARS IN A 20FT CONTAINER
3) CAN IT BE SENT TO PORTHACOURT PORT FOR CLEARING, IF SO IS THE CLEARING CHARGES SAME

PLS I'LL WANT RELIABLE CLEARING AGENT TO GIVE THERE NUMBERS SO I CAN CALL THEM UP

RORO the cars and clear them yourself, you might learn something invaluable.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sunolat: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2007
Adexfem, I have been reading your responses. I need to ship a mini van and some furniture. I suppose it's better to get a container. How much will you charge to clear this? Can you recommend a shipping company in Houston TX? Also, do you know what RORO mean?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sunolat: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2007
Hi Sultaan,
What does RORO mean?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2007
Roll-on/Roll-off, the car is driven on the boat and driven off(possible scratch and dent but unlikely).Cheaper and less secured.Shipping a $3000 car for $900 is more reasonable than $1600, considering the odds.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2007
sunolat,
Importation of funiture has been banned.I wil recomend safmarine.They do come to Houston. www.safmarine.com
or www.mearskline.com
Call me or contact me via email so that i can advise you.
Roro means transporting your goods loosely. Goods transported in this manner are referred to as loose cargo.
Most people use roro for less exotic cars.It is not ideal to put a 2007 car on roro.I hope you understand what i mean.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by longman76: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2007
@Sultan,

I feel you and i appreciate your frankness.

@All

For commercial purposes, shipping cars by container unnecessarily cuts into your margin for those who wish to sell. You may be less concerned if the car will strictly be for private use.

I have had friends who shipped and cleared two 2007 Camrys via RORO and guess was, the cars came in secured without a dent or scratch. Yes you could say that they were lucky but it is nonetheless instructive!

What i need to hear from Adexfem or any other informed person is how one can safely and securely ship even expensive and new model vehicles (06/07) successfully via RORO.
I heard you could make arrangements with some security personnel within the port to keep watch of your car. Is this true, !!
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ricki: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2007
just to be clear, how do people get all the cars under the age permitted in to niga then. please anyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges*** / Buy Your Cars At Cotonu At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.