Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (199660 Views)

Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? / Car Shipment From Uk To Nigeria / Help With Car Shipment From California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 2:43am On Nov 24, 2009
@FHEMMMY, Mr. cooljade is in nigeria. are carfax reports available in the auction venues? do carfax reports indicate a flooded car? you didn't respond on my question about the cost of shipping put by aes shipping.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 2:50am On Nov 24, 2009
The cost by AES is good.
If you are in Nigeria, you could talk to some people that cld check for you.
Carfax report tell you a lot

So tell me, do you know me from somewhere?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 2:57am On Nov 24, 2009
fhemmmy, thanks. i know you on nairaland, had some tough arguments with you on some issues. we ended up on the same page of thoughts though (after your stubbornness calmed down).

but how do i contact a person for the carfax when i'm in the auction. i'm in maryland now and would return to nigeria just b4 xmas
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 3:17am On Nov 24, 2009
Oh ok, now i get your drift.
At the Auction, there is nothing much u could do . . . . it is "as is buy"

Now i remember you, the stuborn woman. tongue
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ChiChi77: 4:06am On Nov 24, 2009
Fhemmmy the Auction I went to does not allow the public to test drive it. The mileage is taking a look at the Odometer which might be rolled back it is any ones guess, and it is hard to do a car fax when the pubic is not allowed to preview the cars and checkout the VIN before the auction. How does one buy from such an auction? Needless to say I did not buy anything.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 5:28am On Nov 24, 2009
Most auctions should allow a preview on the day before the actual auction day. That is the day that they will let you test drive and hear the car run. NOT ON AUCTION DAY! cos everywhere is too busy.

You need to go before the real auction date, hear the car run and get the VIN. You can then find out from the VIN by asking the people here on the site.

Good luck.!
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ChiChi77: 5:44am On Nov 24, 2009
Thanks Kunle, I will find out the preview dates first.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
i know it's funny, but how do i know preview dates and auction venues near rockville, maryland or it's environs.

pls also advice what the difference is btw a public auction and a dealer auction.

does anyone know of a dealer i can work with to assist in purchasing the car at an auction?

thanks friends
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
cooljade:

i know it's funny,  but how do i know preview dates and auction venues near rockville, maryland or it's environs.

pls also advice what the difference is btw a public auction and a dealer auction.

does anyone know of a dealer i can work with to assist in purchasing the car at an auction?

thanks friends

I am no way near Maryland (and don't know anyone now) but you can email me and will call you to put you thru : promise72@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by yelfal: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2009
mystylecars.com a new car website is offering free slots for 10 dealers who are certain of uploading a minimum of 10 cars monthly. the site would be fully operatonal in the first week of december. The organization in charge boast of having access to over 2 million email addy in nigeria if you are interested send e mail to tosinayodele11@yahoo.com.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ChiChi77: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2009
Anyone know of any affordable shipping company from California to Tin Can via Ro Ro? If you know post their name I will like to call them for Estimate and compare them to those in the Mid West and East Coast of the USA. Those in Cali always have to go  East in order to buy Auto due to shipping cost is higher from Cali cos of distance to the Port for 9ja shipments.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
They don't do roro in Cal. What you get is consolidation; that's ur vehicle is loaded on a container with others and you may end up paying unnecessary charges. Best option, get ur vehicle to Florida, New Jersey, Maryland where such happens.
I'm a licence dealer residing in Toronto, Canada and i do a lot of US market; the two countries have a Nafta deal and in specific to trade there's hardly any restriction. Examples of such auto market are: Mannheim, Copart, AAA and the lists goes on.
Most of the items you buy on the auction ground are as is, where is. The only exception are vehicle on green marks - they are guaranteed cars and more expensive.
You may call: 1 416 939 1886 or email kolaotedola@hotmail.com or kolaotedola@yahoo.ca
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 12:09am On Nov 26, 2009
@Coolaje:
You need to ask for the clearing costs for the 2009 benz first; it may end up costing you more than you expected. Most clearing agent do not know that this benz is a van, u need to mention it to the shipping agent in NJ, the one on frelinghuysen Ave, to describe it as a van on the BOL. Better, to avoid drama in 9ja, buy one more truck and ship on a container.
ACL is very good on container and very fast, too. They have their own terminal, PTML, in Lagos. It's usually 17 days to Lagos from the day of sailing. RORO? that another thing entirely. Many factors accounts for the delay and for u to be sure u get what u need on time when u need it use a container on ACL.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ChiChi77: 1:52am On Nov 26, 2009
Thanks @IB612,

It has definitely bee tough to find Ro Ro in Cali that is why most of us look for somebody to buy for us in the East Coast.

Thanks for confirming.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by soladavid(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
please i need info on who can help me to bring my car from cameroon to nigeria through road
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by luckyj: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2009
Hello,Can some please tell me what year car can be shipped to Nigeria and how does the Cotonou shipping stuff works?thanx.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by moha2k: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2010
Hi Adexfem,
How much would it cost to clear two mini buses from cotonou to Abia. the two buses are coming hamburg. 22 february, 2010 is departure date of the ship. I also want to if you can clear for me.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by moha2k: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
To all concern,
How much would it cost to clear two mini buses from cotonou to Abia. the two buses are coming hamburg. 22 february, 2010 is departure date of the ship. I also want to if you can clear for me.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by AMERICANEX(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2010
Best rate currently from East Coast of USA to Tin Can Nigeria : Ro / Ro

$1000.00 all in (Port to Port) - for any vehicle under 650 CFT. - that runs and drives.

Feel free to call for any additional info

American Export Lines
169 Frelinghuysen Ave.
Newark NJ 07114
(973) 824-2333
JSTROZYK@AELSHIPPING.COM
AEL@VERIZON.NET

ask for John / Angela / Hilda / or Ahmed.

Cotonou rates are available as well.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by me4yuu: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
I would like to know how much it would cost for shipping a sedan car from Canada to Lagos and Canada to UK.
Anyway information would be appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by AMERICANEX(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2010
We do not ship from out of Canada. We only work export out of USA.

Current rates for Ro/Ro to Lagos out of USA East Coast start at $1000.00 all in - vehicles under 650 cft. (Example Toyota Corolla or Honda Accord).

If you have any work to do out of USA - let us know.

John

American Export lines
169 Frelinghuysen Ave.
Newark NJ 07114
(973) 824-2333
JSTROZYK@AELSHIPPING.COM
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by alicianna(f): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
AMERICANEX:

We do not ship from out of Canada. We only work export out of USA.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On May 07, 2010
What if you wanted to ship something other than a car?  How do you calculate cost for that? Any shipping company shipping  to tinapa/calabar these days? My other question is how long does is average shipping?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 5:32am On May 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What if you wanted to ship something other than a car?  How do you calculate cost for that? Any shipping company shipping  to tinapa/calabar these days? My other question is how long does is average shipping?

Wonderful sister, i think it all depends on what you looking to shipping, you might be better off with Airline cargos . . . . sometimes, not expensive and will be in Nigeria within a 2 days, that is what i uses for my laptops and some other stuff like phones.
Good luck but not Jonathan
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On May 07, 2010
When you say not expensive with Airline cargo, how much are you speaking of here? I am looking to ship a 400Lb package of dimensions 6 ft by 8ft.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 5:48am On May 07, 2010
I would advice you contact most airline cargo in your area, i uses KLM Cargo, but most of the times, they will refer you to some agents closest to you.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by dcg: 11:31pm On May 12, 2010
Hello good people in da house!
A brother needs to clear a 2007 Lifan car in Lagos soon.Its coming from the UK.LHD.Any good offers?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by elidolg: 5:25pm On May 24, 2010
Hi there,

I can assist with questions and pricing on shipping cars, trucks and boats to Lagos and surroundings.

Shoot me an email solutions@mtlworld.com or feel free to call 412-848-1390. We have our own loading facility in Bayonne, NJ but can ship out of any port in the U.S.

Current rates: Prices for shipments from NY; Valid until May 31, 2010

Consolidation (depends on the availability, includes loading)

Bremerhaven, Germany $525.00 per car

Klaipeda, Lithuania $625.00 per car

Dubai, UAE $675.00 per car

Aqaba, Jordan $720.00 per car

Beirut, Lebanon $650.00 per car

Hodeida, Yemen $720.00 per car

RO-RO (RollOn / RollOff)

Automobiles

Tripoli, Libya $700.00 and up

Lagos, Nigeria $975.00 and up

Bremerhaven, Germany $550.00 and up

Kotka, Finland $850.00 and up

Beirut, Lebanon $650.00 and up

Boats on Trailers

Kotka, Finland $68.00 per m³

Hamburg, Germany $50.00 per m³

All prices are subject to change without prior notice.

Consolidation rates are based on 4 vehicles per container.

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ebuwa101(m): 9:55pm On May 26, 2010
@chichi 77

i do have contact in Baltimore MD,

he is my importer, he has dealer ship lincense in the US, so he also buys from Dealer auctions as well as open auctions, contact him

abuandsons@yahoo.com
www.abuandsons.com

just tell him from Ebuwa

ebuwa101 on nairaland,
friendl
ebuwa101@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by akanudo: 4:58pm On May 28, 2010
I will like to know how much it willcost me to shill a car from mary land to port novo in benin.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by elidolg: 5:23pm On May 28, 2010
Akanudo,

Send me an email: solutions@mtlworld.com, with car description and I can give you a price.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sparkle10(m): 1:52am On May 31, 2010
I have a M-Benz 350 ML here in Houston that I plan to ship to Nigeria, late June, 2010 . Can anybody help with information on shipping cost to Apapa port, arrival time and expected cost of clearance at Apapa port?

Appreciates your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges*** / Buy Your Cars At Cotonu At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.