Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine (4822 Views)

Must A Baby's Hair Be Totally Shaved At One Or Just A Superstition? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
I call it show off.... let people wear wat they have. If u want some level of organisation give colour combinations. If your friends decide they want asoebi let the do it on their own.
Re: Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine by Giftchidinma: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
But please am confused, my question is, this asoebi what would the be doing in the wedding?.. Will they be like every other guest or are the special guests?
Re: Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine by Chiquitq(f): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
When i got married, it was for the colour that i did aso-ebi. So that my friends would stand out. Thwn, the number of friends that you had was noted on your wedding day to assess your social status.

I had also paid for aso-ebi for my friends wedding so when it was my turn why would I not share my own? But then, it wasn't about making money at all. It was for the colour.

Let me mention that my husband attempted to share ofi for caps but he was unable to sell a single one unlike me that could not meet demand. Looking back now, i know it was a sign that he was an evil person. How would a person not have a single colleague or friend or neighbour that would pay for the cap of their friend's wedding ? That's story for another day, though.
Re: Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Chiquitq:
When i got married, it was for the colour that i did aso-ebi. So that my friends would stand out. Thwn, the number of friends that you had was noted on your wedding day to assess your social status.

I had also paid for aso-ebi for my friends wedding so when it was my turn why would I not share my own? But then, it wasn't about making money at all. It was for the colour.

Let me mention that my husband attempted to share ofi for caps but he was unable to sell a single one unlike me that could not meet demand. Looking back now, i know it was a sign that he was an evil person. How would a person not have a single colleague or friend or neighbour that would pay for the cap of their friend's wedding ? That's story for another day, though.
This is very interesting. Perhaps he wasn't a good marketer?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Baby Eats Too Much. / How Often Do U Call Your In-law / Please Advice A Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.