Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor (61220 Views)

Jummai Alhassan Confirms Release Of 21 Chibok Girls / Profile of Aisha-jummai Alhassan Nigerias' First Elected Female Governor. / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by diasporaman(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2015
You are right OP, I drank to stupor yesterday . I'm yet to get on my feet. I don't even know what I am doing here .
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by ojnnaco(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Dats wonderful ... Dats d women empowerment enacted by d GeJ administration and u are there enjoying it..
Good one Taraba

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by IYANGBALI: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Oyo incumbent jinx broken.
I am sooooooooooooooo happy

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by afyjam: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:
A milestone in Nigerian politics is set to be reached with Senator Jummai Aisha Alhassan‘s ongoing victory in the Taraba governorship polls.

The victory will make Sen. Alhassan the first elected female governor in the history of Nigeria.

According to reports on social media, Alhassan, who represents the All Progressives Congress , is leading the People Democratic Party’s Mr Darius Ishaku.

She will not be Nigeria’s first female governor however, a distinction belonging to Mrs Virginia Etiaba, who became governor in Anambra after then governor Peter Obi was impeached.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/04/nigeriadecides-sen-jummai-alhassan-set-to-become-first-elected-female-governor/
oga Elected !underlined.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by holax: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Educated northern women are really beautiful.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by jobhuntng: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Latest Recruitment At Procter And Gamble VIP League 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2251336/latest-recruitment-procter-gamble-vip
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Eggcelent(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2015
I doubt the veracity of this report. As romantic as it may sound, it'll be a surprise if she wins the election. A female Muslim candidate in a Christian dominated state make for a very unlikely electoral victory. However, having previously won a Senatorial election, she may just be able to take a bigger step.

3 Likes

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Aikaybadex(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:
Nice one!!! Girl power! I am so happy this is happening in the North. I will be the first female Lagos governor. So watch out.
I love ur spirit, may ur dreams come true. cool
baby124:
Nice one!!! Girl power! I am so happy this is happening in the North. I will be the first female Lagos governor. So watch out.
I love ur spirit, may ur dreams come true.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by emeraldo56(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2015
silverdam:
I hope you're not igbo cos we won't vote for you here...
I will vote for her if her Manifesto Ok
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by attoskoly: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Wow. Who will have ever thought that the first governor in Nigeriawill come from the north

APC 4 Life cheesy

apc and propaganda. Out of the 16 lgcs results tricking in, pdp has claimed 10. How on earth would apc win. News like this brings chaos if the actual results are announced and apc didn't win.

2 Likes

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by bamite(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Wow. Who will have ever thought that the first governor in Nigeriawill come from the north

APC 4 Life cheesy
Ur state no get governor ney?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Dubemkelly(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:

Says me. I am a pure Lagos woman. Thunder faya anybody that does not vote for me. I am still gathering steam to contest for Senate
Shows how good a leader you would make... Thunder huh?

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by alerabson(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
The lady from anambra was she elected?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Agbaje Nwosu, how market?

Agbaje EMeka is winning in the following polling units:

Orile Aba- APC 0 PDP 5000

Iyana Owerri APC 5 PDP 70003

Awka Island - APC 34 PDP 5435

Enugu Gbagada - APC 35 PDP 46323

Agbaje will be the NEXT GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE!!

3 Likes

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by kraftykc(m): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Woohoo!!! Great news! I hope this remains the case after collation is done
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Massai77(m): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Idrismusty97(m): 9:49am On Apr 12, 2015
Meanwhile Anambra the so called enlightened educated people have a chance of voting in a female governor but they blew it.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Donbabajay12(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2015
stevSKY:

Tell them o.
Continue hating !! Ishaiaku is trailing by 4 local government and u ar here ranting and causing confusion for yursef !!! Team APC all d way "
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Donbabajay12(m): 9:54am On Apr 12, 2015
attoskoly:

apc and propaganda. Out of the 16 lgcs results tricking in, pdp has claimed 10. How on earth would apc win. News like this brings chaos if the actual results are announced and apc didn't win.
Stop reading fake news "won 10local gov FIRE"
Get authentiated news b4 posting junks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Massai77(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=adewumiopeyemi post=32627839]Agbaje Nwosu, how market?

Agbaje EMeka is winning in the following polling units:

Orile Aba- APC 0 PDP 5000

Iyana Owerri APC 5 PDP 70003

Awka Island - APC 34 PDP 5435

Enugu Gbagada - APC 35 PDP 46323

Agbaje will be the NEXT GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE!!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by TopHand: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2015
Good signs of change, if they are our mothers why cant they b our governors, but all u reversed gear acada women who think men should wash their cloth 4 dem, we no want u, tofi apa, chi na ke God save us
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by davereal(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2015
APC always trying to win it on social media. Stop pasting fake news. Wait for INEC...but if care to know PDP is winning Ten LGAs out of Six already. tongue Dou
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by nickxtra(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Hummmmm.1st female governor in Taraba means we gonna have the office of the first man.Lolz

Meanwhile,
What a time to be alive ,first female gov in Nigeria, Oyo incumbent jinx broken, first incumbent president lost.
I don't think that woman is still married o. Except if the former husband will come back to reconcile with her
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Jbenue: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2015
Nimblemind:
Interestingly the north that has almost always been tagged as backwards shows how much the political atmosphere is developing.... Now its left to her to set a good standard so other women can carry on!

Taraba is not Core North though
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:

Says me. I am a pure Lagos woman. Thunder faya anybody that does not vote for me. I am still gathering steam to contest for Senate
and you are aspiring to be a leader of a decent society with this kind of gutter language!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by olisaEze(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:

She will not be Nigeria’s first female governor however, a distinction belonging to Mrs Virginia Etiaba, who became governor in Anambra after then governor Peter Obi was impeached.
abeg na u preside over the impeachment of peter obi?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by eagleeyez: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:

Uuuummm yes but then she had strong backing and a lot of dirty politics was played to put her there she had the backing of people like atiku.

Girl power ......yes but she's controllled by the powers that put her their
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by eagleeyez: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Jbenue:

Taraba is not Core North though

No it isn't.... She cannever be governor in core northern states.. Quote me anywhere.

Seee in life, opportunity is all u need be there at the right time and for the right post.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by blackpriest0911: 10:21am On Apr 12, 2015
Ado ke ndap
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by eagleeyez: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Aikaybadex:
I love ur spirit, may ur dreams come true. cool I love ur spirit, may ur dreams come true.

Amen!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by MDJALO(m): 10:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Am Realy happy with first choice in taraba state
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by siraj1402(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2015
olisaEze:
abeg na u preside over the impeachment of peter obi?
How old are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNN's Second Report On Lekki Shooting (Video) / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate / Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.