Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? (16320 Views)

Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) / Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by BodePolScience: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2015
franksonautos:
my brother HELL exists be smart, it's one of the greatest truth ever told... u don't want to go there. Receive and live for Jesus.... There's more life to enjoy in Christ. God bless u
that's just it, telling someone to give his life because of hell.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2015
emusmith:
May be you have thought of it too.

I don't know about you but I feel two different ways when I hear the messages of GRACE And that of HELLFIRE.

How do you really feel when one walks up to you and began preaching to you on how hot the fires of hell is and the worms too...

AND

also what's the feeling you get when another keeps telling you about the Grace of God, how God isn't mad at you and how He loves you?

Your contributions please. smiley

The message of Jesus was the 'Gospel' i.e. 'Good news'. It was a reconciliation of God with man, through God's grace, even in man's sinfulness.

How the doctrine of 'Hell FIRE' came about, is still a mystery to me. Religious leaders capitalise on fear of ignorant people to propagate such message.

How do you reconcile a 'Merciful & Gracious' God with one that sends people to eternal fire for every little sin they commit
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Yinkash100(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
na naija we dey, imagin say one pastor com tell you say: "God love you follow him, he go take care of you."
your reply go be lyk: wait he dey twitter, wetin i go gain if i follow am? Another pastor com dey tell you say if you sin you go die, you go burn forever. which pastor you go change ur heart first?
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by simplisity(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Grace of is abundant but u can receive it only if u make urself available and willing to have it. It is d only instrument that can help christians to live above sin and victoriou against d wk of Hell. Hell is real, but God's mercy upon man through d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is Abundant and has destroyed d wk of hell against man. But, that does not mean that we should continue in sin so that grace will abound, bcs it is writen that d soul that sinnet shall. Run away frm sin and any occation of it bcs God has done all for us by sendin His only son to die for us, so if continue in sin Hell is waiting to receive u.

2 Likes

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Ezibless: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Timoleon:

my problem with christians like you is, u try explain what your human mind cant comprehend, as a christian, it wud b safer for u to let ur god answer him than you trying to answer him....are u implying that ur god cant make gold without making it oass through fire? he cant make something perferct? why create a vessel thats is weak only for him to demand of him strength? why do we need to know what opposition means? wgen you see people ask these questions, just ignore dem and let ur god answer dem.

You clearly didn't comprehend my illustration Mr.smiley

I shoul let God answer him?
God won't come down from heaven to answer him o cheesy
Y'knw,not everyone hear God audibly.
So people just have to get the message through others,his word e.t.c
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by simplisity(m): 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
Grace of God is abundant but u can receive it only if u make urself available and willing to have it. It is d only instrument that can help christians to live above sin and victoriou against d wk of Hell. Hell is real, but God's mercy upon man through d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is Abundant and has destroyed d wk of hell against man. But, that does not mean that we should continue in sin so that grace will abound, bcs it is writen that d soul that sinnet shall die.Run away frm sin and any occation of it bcs, God has done all for us by sendin His only son to die for us, so if continue in sin Hell is waiting to receive u.

1 Like

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Timoleon(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ezibless:

and your message 7s dat god created man to suffer cos only through suffering can man appreciate god? clap for yourself!
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by eebruboss(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
howardriddle:
dont you know that is the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? - Rom 2:4

This is what preachers of today fail to grasp. Without God's goodness we are nothing. We wouldn't even be able to call ourselves Christians.

The Goodness of God lead Paul to repentance not fear of hell. Heck, he could have cared less. Hence he described himself as a "Chief Sinner"

Also, remember Romans 5:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

The Gospel of Hell preaches works. We cannot be saved by works note that. This gospel also subconscious instills fear of the devil and his demons which as Christians should be the furthest thing from our minds. This hell consciousness, gives the devil his power and causes us to sin more. Because according to St. Paul, the knowledge of sin, causes us to sin.

The Gospel of Grace, is the only thing that can bring us to righteousness because "Not by works were we saved but by the free gifts of grace and righteousness".
But the knowledge of the HELLFIRE shouldn't be unknown to christians as a caution when time of need arises!
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by prettyJoy22(f): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
The message of hell scares me and gilts me back to reality,it makes me think of life after death & were I would spend eternity. But when I get into d real world(away from all d holiness N being sober)I tend to get carried away N b4 u know it am doing those things which I've promised not to do again. On the other hand the message of grace sounds to good to be true to me a times,but I use it as an opium for my wrong doings when asking God for forgiveness. I've come to conclude that it is the sincere love of God that would keep us on track & not d message or fear of hell.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Ezibless: 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
Timoleon:

and your message 7s dat god created man to suffer cos only through suffering can man appreciate god? clap for yourself!

lol
read my first comment PROPERLY.
cheesy
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by ojnnaco(m): 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cutehector:
its talkin about the horrible things dat will happen to u in d lasts days if u dnt repent

Thank God am a repented Soul
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Cutehector(m): 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
ojnnaco:

Thank God am a repented Soul
we all sin everyday bro.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Finland(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hell is a Myth. How can one burn forever? even Sun will not last forever. nothing lasts forever. The bible says " his mercy endureth forever" So how can his mercy endureth forever and his Punishment and Anger endureth forever as well? It does not add up. One of this statement is false. I think it's the eternal anger/punishment statement. Mercy is for the sinners and it endures forever
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by ojnnaco(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cutehector:
we all sin everyday bro.

and we all pray everyday
#Grace
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Finland(m): 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
prettyJoy22:
The message of hell scares me and gilts me back to reality,it makes me think of life after death & were I would spend eternity. But when I get into d real world(away from all d holiness N being sober)I tend to get carried away N b4 u know it am doing those things which I've promised not to do again. On the other hand the message of grace sounds to good to be true to me a times,but I use it as an opium for my wrong doings when asking God for forgiveness. I've come to conclude that it is the sincere love of God that would keep us on track & not d message or fear of hell.

Hell is a Myth. How can one burn forever? even Sun will not last forever. nothing lasts forever. The bible says " his mercy endureth forever" So how can his mercy endureth forever and his Punishment and Anger endureth forever as well? It does not add up. One of this statement is false. I think it's the eternal anger/punishment statement. Mercy is for the sinners and it endures forever
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by minwafor: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
It is expedient for preachers to maintain a perfect blend of the 2 message of grace and hell. The work of grace is to deliver us from hell. It is imperative for us to know that God loves us and dont wish for any of us to perish. However, the bible makes us to know that our," God is a consuming fire", Heb 12:29. We can also see in the book of Rev 20, that God gave the breakdown of the last judgement. If only people knew how the borders of hell are continously being expanded, the pastor and everybody will frequently remind people of this great eternal irreversible danger.

In preaching, believer should tell the people about the dangers of hell and the grace that have been provided to avert this hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ezibless:

You're wasting ur time here my dear.........
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Ezibless: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Godvilla:
You're wasting ur time here my dear.........
I just noticed o
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Simple
message of Hell leaves you with Negativity and Suicidal Tendencies but messages of Grace lifts up your spirit and make you feel more relevant to God rather than giving you a view of you being a fuel for Hell!

I live under grace not under law!
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by omojeesu(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
CANT BE SURE. ONLY GOD KNOWS. HOWEVER, I THINK IT IS 'GRACE'.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by dayounglor(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Both messages when justly taught leads a sinner to salvation and sanctification. We understand that God is loving and as such doesn't want us to burn in hell and has thereby made an escape route (his Son) though we didn't deserve it (while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us). That is Grace. His undeserved love that rids us of our sinful man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:
Grace n Hellfire, you say?
Who cares anymore? Bro, right now, na the message off Money, how to make money, how to make more money, how to be wealthy ooo.
and how to marry a good husband and bear children, when a couple stay for 2yrs after marriage without having babies, our men of wisdom begin to tell them how their enemies are fighting them and thereby colllecting their money. All these preachers no lnonger talk about living a gOod life but all they tell people is miracle.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by ogahug: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
emusmith:

I don't know about you but I feel two different ways when I hear the messages of GRACE And that of HELLFIRE.

How do you really feel when one walks up to you and began preaching to you on how hot the fires of hell is and the worms too...

AND

also what's the feeling you get when another keeps telling you about the Grace of God, how God isn't mad at you and how He loves you?

Each of the messages is incomplete on its own. The ideal message combines the two aspects. Taking one in isolation makes the message lopsided. This is because Grace can be limited if abused thus making room for punishment. On the other hand, Grace is made available so that hell can be averted. Hence, the message of Grace and punishment should go together.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by brainiac5(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Actually messages about hell and endtime are meant to warn and caution people to be vigilant in christ, but most times it even scares people even pastors. But the message about grace is more humane to sinners and righteous alike depicting God's true nature of love, this kind of message links in salvation to sinners, but if these messages are from God we have to listen
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by CAPTIVATOR: 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
When Jesus Christ sees large crowd of people during his time .. He always felt pity towards them and showed lovin concern by teaching them about Gods Kingdom as a lovin solution to mankinds problem , I will never forget that day when

" well , on getting out , he saw a large crowd, and he was moved with pity for them, because they were as sheep without a shepherd, And he started to teach them many things" Mark 6:34.

He was moved with pity to mankinds suffering ...... HOW I WISH TODAYS CHRISTIAN CAN EMULATE HIS EXAMPLE , modern christians dont care about others , they are only concerned about themselves, their own salvation unconcerned for fellow beings

Many people are suffering, i see lame, blind , deaf , and crippled beens whom are not born again or christians ... Yet christians will tell u that this DEAF AND DUMB persons , BILLIONS OF THEM ALL OVER THE WORLD will go to their fabricated hellfire myth despite their conditions .

Its 100% sure this wicked and tyrant doctrine is directly from Devil.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by Jerryolumide(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
emusmith:

AND

TEACH US LORD GOD TO NOT JUST DESIRE HEAVEN BUT TO FIGHT AGAINST HELL!!!

At the end of it all, love matters most
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by scotz101(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Emmalot121:
.. There is
nowhere in the Bible that states that hell is till eternity.
Jesus warned that we should not fear those that can destroy the body but HE that
can destroy body and soul in hell. A parable of Jesus about a man planting a
vineyard and the enemy coming to sow weed among the good plants, which the man
knowing this, suffered not to destroy the weeds lest the good ones be destroyed. The
man waited until the vine was ripe for harvest and destroyed the weed in fire. Do you
burn weeds forever? Another is the story of Noah's Ark, where God destroyed the
people once, whose difference from the pending destruction is fire, are they still being
destroyed today in water? They were killed once with eternal effects: they died once
and died forever, the same way it is impossible for weed burnt to rise again cos the
effect of the Burning had eternal effect.
To nail it on the head, in order to clarify doubt Jude 1:7 called the fire of Sodom
eternal fire! Is Sodom burning today? Certainly not. They were burnt once with eternal
effects. Though some may point to the Story of Lazarus and the rich man but I want
us to know it was only for the purpose of admonition and not for the purpose of
telling us what hell is about. The LORD shall destroy evil men and affliction shall not
rise second time.

you are Misguided mr...hell is real and eternal and after the Great white throne judgement, hell and death along with hell's content will be emptied in the Lake of Fire which is the second Death...and yes! Souls burn eternally and continually with out bring destroyed in hell
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by ababale(m): 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
kennygee:
I think the fear of Hell fire is what makes people turn from their sinful ways and not the love of God through Grace.

However that kind of repentance is usually short-lived...
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by prettyJoy22(f): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Finland:

I tell you,the thing tire me sef. Let's just keep trying to do what we know is right and ask for mercy any time we fall short.
Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by NnaNna4(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
minwafor:
It is expedient for preachers to maintain a perfect blend of the 2 message of grace and hell. The work of grace is to deliver us from hell. It is imperative for us to know that God loves us and dont wish for any of us to perish. However, the bible makes us to know that our," God is a consuming fire", Heb 12:29. We can also see in the book of Rev 20, that God gave the breakdown of the last judgement. If only people knew how the borders of hell are continously being expanded, the pastor and everybody will frequently remind people of this great eternal irreversible danger.

In preaching, believer should tell the people about the dangers of hell and the grace that have been provided to avert this hell.

minwafor:

minwafor:

I HAVE READ THE POSTS ONE AFTER ANOTHER AND ONLY THIS POST TAKES 100% SCORE.

1 Like

Re: The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? by NnaNna4(m): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
minwafor:

HAVING READ POSTS ONE AFTER ANOTHER, THIS IS THE 100% CORRECT RESPONSE

Hell was created for the evil one and his alluring devices like disobedience, premarital sex ,presumption and those who also join him but if you decide to repent (because all have sinned) and join Christianity u will receive grace (or power) to stay out of sex, say the truth, avoid someone's wife etc. so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? / 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.