Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement (40006 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by phemmyjohnson: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
With final result in the Adamawa state governorship election yet to be declared, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the election has conceded defeat.

Below is his concession address to the people of Adamawa state.

Mr. Ribadu, a globally respected anti-corruption activist, ran a difficult race with leading members of his own party covertly and openly sabotaging his effort to be governor.

Some of them, including ex-Senator Jonathan Zwingina, with which he travelled round the state canvassing votes, abandoned him and defected to the All Progressives Congress few days to the election.

Mr. Ribadu was the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria in the 2011 presidential election. He was the pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Read the speech below.

“My dear people of Adamawa State,
“I greet you in the best form of greetings.
“I had dreamt of coming back home to lead our dear state to greater strides after years of underdevelopment. I started this journey in August last year and successfully got the mandate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) to fly its flag for the April 11 gubernatorial election. I came into this race knowing fully well that political contests are two-way traffics – one either wins or loses. As a man of faith, I was also aware that leadership responsibility is a product of God’s anointment.
“In the course of this journey, I have seen genuine support and encouragement from the people of Adamawa state. Several individuals from Adamawa and beyond contributed generously to keep the campaign going and many others devoted their time, energy and intellect to see to the success of this project. I sincerely appreciate this belief in my person and my ambition.

“The support I got from my party’s leadership and individual members from President Goodluck Jonathan down to the party agents in our polling units was overwhelming and gratifying. The party leader in the state, Barrister Bala James Nggilari and the state party chairman, Chief Joel Madaki led their lieutenants in making this journey memorable.
“I came into this race with lofty dreams and clear vision for our dear state, but the voice of the majority has not given me this chance. I take this in good faith.

“I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the winner and pray that at the end of it all our dear state will witness the needed progress and development it so much desires.

“God bless Adamawa State
“God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
“Nuhu Ribadu,
Yola”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181313-adamawa-pdp-candidate-nuhu-ribadu-concedes-defeat-releases-concession-statement.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by phemmyjohnson: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
He would have been part of the change buh he wanted disaster instead!!!
Migrating from one party to the other..
Nemesis catching up with Ribadu live in 3D!!!
Definately the end of the journey for him..
"Two minutes silence for his political career"

178 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by dustmalik: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
I love this. APC is the best thing since sliced bread. lalasticlala, front page things.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hahahhahah.....

i laugh the guy....how can you be so stoopid to leave a party that saw you as a presidential material....na wa oo....

If he had been patient...only God knows the kind of position GMB would have given him...that's if he didn't even become the APC governorship candidate

He would have been the Idiagbon of GMB's regime. But now that he has tasted from PdP's blood money..we can't trust him again...what a shame

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Princess042(f): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nuhu, you did the right thing.
Nobody's ambition is worth the blood. of any NIGERIAN

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Realdeals(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Na him sabi!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by ernieboy(m): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
You see yourself? If you had patiently remained in acn, now one of the parties in apc, you would have been part of the change.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by phemmyjohnson: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
dustmalik:
I love this. APC is the best thing since sliced bread. lalasticlala, front page things.

Concur!! Front page Mods...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by bros1234(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
I am waiting for Peterside of Rivers to come out and concede defeat.

PDP is teaching APC how to play politics without bitterness and bloodshed.

Amaechi, Buhari and even Tinubu knows that there is no way APC will win in Rivers, but they hope to get a cancellation by causing enough violence.

Like I said somewhere, Amaechi has tried for Buhari, he should leave Rivers State and move on.

Thanks Ribadu for taking the honorable part. You did not lose.

29 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by reporter1: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu with so much good-will allowed himself to be used by evil PDP. He should have stayed with APC and he'd likely would have gotten the ticket to run for Adamawa guber under APC , or at the very least a political appointment.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Jorussia(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
His defection to PDP was a great miscalculation on his part.His case,reminds me of a message by pastor adeboye which talks about being planted.Just imagine tinubu decamping to PDP?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Sweetguy25: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu don't worry. The ApC will crash before 2019 and you'll become governor. Lets join hands and rebuild a new PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Rahmatuparker: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
As expected. Miscalculation. All of dem thot PDP was going 2 remain d ruling party. How tables turn.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Mutuwa(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
dustmalik:

APC has won 18 governorship seat so far. Other results coming soon.

1. Malam Nasir El-Rufai- Kaduna
2. Speaker Aminu Tambuwal- Sokoto
3. Abubakar Sani Bello(LOLO)- Niger
4. Kashim Shettima- Borno
5. Sen. Jummai Alhassan- Taraba
6. Sen. Jibrilla Bindow- Adamawa
7. Akin Ambode- Lagos
8. Abdul Fatah Ahmed- Kwara
9. Barr M.D Abubakar- Bauchi
10. Umar Ganduje - Kano
11. Aminu Bello Masari -Katsina
12. Ibrahim Geidam - Yobe
13. AbdulAzeez Yari Abubakr -Zamfara
14. Abiola Ajimobi - Oyo
15. Senator Ibikunle Amosun - Ogun
16. Chief Samuel Ortom - Benue
17. Rochas Okorocha - Imo
18. Tanko Almakura - Nassarawa

APC breaks the jinx in the history of our Nation...(Electoral system)
First to unseat an incumbent president in Nigeria
First to elect Female governor in Nigeria
First to re-elect a sitting governor in Oyo state
And you think the change we call for is mere Rhetorics?
This is a common sense revolution
PDP has been swept off by the wind of Change.
What a Tsunami of high magnitude.
Congratulations Nigeria.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by MaleoPearls(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
I had actually wished Ribadu had won. He has so much good service he need to dispense to the Country. I hope the General sees him worthy of carrying along.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by emiye(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
he decamped to PDP when he was on the verge of glory with APC.

Ribadu would have been Governor elect under APC., but.........

Defeat at the edge of breakthrough will not be ours o......

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by ademega(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
I pity this innocent wise politically foolish man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by ionsman: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Eya sori Ribadu. Yours is a perfect example of being at the wrong place at the right time....Take heart cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by tucky200(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
I don't look at this man as a pdp member..I look at him as a change warrior..pls join d ruling party they need u ribadu

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Pavore9: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Eyah, even Ribadu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by makzeze: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu should repent and returned to APC immediately.

After all he was decieved to join PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by teemanbastos(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
he did imself.
Political miscalculation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu has no credibility.

Ribadu in 2011
Jonathan is one of the most corrupt Nigerians I ever investigated while at EFCC & his level of corruption even as deputy governor is just disturbing. PDP is just a disaster and a total failure. Change is the only panacea

Ribadu in 2013:
Jonathan is giving corruption Amnesty--Ribadu

Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has said that the granting of pardons to Alamieyeseigha and the former Managing Director of the defunct Bank of the North, Alhaji Mohammed Bulama is capable of stopping the war against corruption. He described the pardon as very discouraging, saying, “I believe that corruption still remains the biggest problem confronting Nigeria. We should not do anything that will take us back. The action by the government is capable of stopping the entire war.For them to have been pardoned, it is more or less like giving them amnesty. It is a sad development, very unfortunate, capable of negatively affecting the fight against corruption

Ribadu in 2015:
But people think he likes to appoint corrupt people into his government?
That also is another different thing. That does not necessarily mean he (Goodluck Jonathan) is a corrupt person. Governance is a very complicated and difficult thing.
All my life I have been an anti-corruption advocate. I have always tried to be honest in my life. I dislike corruption. At the same time, I know situations do come up where certain issues may be far more important than other things.
Today, the unity of Nigeria is at stake, our continued existence as one united country is far more important than any other thing. Presently, the unity of our country is threatened.

Ribadu speaks from both sides of his dirty mouth. He has no integrity, zero credibity and is a greedy over ambitious individual.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by Lifebender(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ribadu bye bye,ur political career is don for.Just like jims Agbaje

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by babamadiba(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
phemmyjohnson:
He would have been part of the change buh he wanted disaster instead!!!
Migrating from one party to the other..
Nemesis catching up with Ribadu live in 3D!!!
Definately the end of the journey for him..
"Two minutes silence for his political career"
hahahahahahahahahaha, u no well I swear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by ozo13(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
grin
ademega:
I pity this innocent wise politically foolish man

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by stonemind(f): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
what's happening in imo and tarraba state?
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by emiye(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
This defeat for PDP is becoming too crushing for my liking , i would have hoped Ribadu won under PDP.
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by sammyyoung2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
I have a lot to say, but can't type, wat do I do
Re: Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement by drkay(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Congratulations nigeria. Our democracy has come to stay.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Presents Report On Banditry And Terrorism In Nigeria (Photos) / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onochie's Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Lady Trekking For GEJ Shows Off Blisters She Got From The Journey, Make CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.