Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc (56961 Views)

See Tricky Job Questions / 18 Common Interview Questions, Tips And Answers / 10 Tricky Job Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by alotofgrace(m): 8:15am On Apr 13, 2015
1. a child is born Just once.

2. I'll start with the first floor. if it breaks then floor zero will give me my optimal solution. Since I stand at floor zero , I'll keep the second egg in my hand. there it's safe.

3. split the coins 50-50; they all have heads.

4. this is most tricky..... I'll say the first box contains the piece of fruit opposite to what I selected. so I I picked an apple then the box is an oranges'. the only hitch is that that same box could be the mixture box.
a. box A...pick apple = orange box or orange and apple box.
b. demmit!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Xcely: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2015
DoroBen:
THE EGG QUESTION

Let x be the answer we want, the number of drops required.

So if the first egg breaks maximum we can have x-1 drops and so we must always put the first egg from height x. So we have determined that for a given x we must drop the first ball from x height. And now if the first drop of the first egg doesn’t breaks we can have x-2 drops for the second egg if the first egg breaks in the second drop.

Taking an example, lets say 16 is my answer. That I need 16 drops to find out the answer. Lets see whether we can find out the height in 16 drops. First we drop from height 16,and if it breaks we try all floors from 1 to 15.If the egg don’t break then we have left 15 drops, so we will drop it from 16+15+1 =32nd floor. The reason being if it breaks at 32nd floor we can try all the floors from 17 to 31 in 14 drops (total of 16 drops). Now if it did not break then we have left 13 drops. and we can figure out whether we can find out whether we can figure out the floor in 16 drops.

Lets take the case with 16 as the answer

1 + 15 16 if breaks at 16 checks from 1 to 15 in 15 drops
1 + 14 31 if breaks at 31 checks from 17 to 30 in 14 drops
1 + 13 45 .....
1 + 12 58
1 + 11 70
1 + 10 81
1 + 9 91
1 + 8 100 We can easily do in the end as we have enough drops to accomplish the task

Now finding out the optimal one we can see that we could have done it in either 15 or 14 drops only but how can we find the optimal one. From the above table we can see that the optimal one will be needing 0 linear trials in the last step.

So we could write it as

(1+p) + (1+(p-1))+ (1+(p-2)) + .........+ (1+0) >= 100.

Let 1+p=q which is the answer we are looking for

q (q+1)/2 >=100

Solving for 100 you get q=14.
So the answer is: 14
Drop first orb from floors 14, 27, 39, 50, 60, 69, 77, 84, 90, 95, 99, 100... (i.e. move up 14 then 13, then 12 floors, etc) until it breaks (or doesn't at 100)

From what I know about open-ended interview questions, there are no right/wrong answers. However, there are good and bad logical deductions. Yours would certainly pull it off. Nice one!!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Abbey2sam(m): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2015
Me Go ask the chairman question too

if you give your housemaid two eggs and ask her to fry one

how will you know the particular one she fried?

answer this one and I will answer your questions
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by gonzales38: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2015
Are you Bold, Sharp, Smart and Intelligent? Then you are what we are looking for.
3DIM is hiring Brand Ambassadors on short term contract.
Minimum requirement is an OND.
Please send your CV to gdirisu@3dimgroup.com on or before 15th April, 2015.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by dexterush(f): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2015
K
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by iphanyiuma(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
1) Babies are born not children so I guess not less than 1 everyday
2)The highest floor should be the First floor where am standing because an egg will brake from any platform
3)Since I can't see or feel the Coins I can't separate them so the probability should be zero
4)If I put my hand in the apple box ill remove the label on the apple box and remove the apple label on the box with apple label and switch labels ...everybody is happy smileysmiley

MissTechy!!!!!!!!! You're called!!!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Danova(m): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Misstechy plz Please. We nor get light 💡 for house abeg... Sun Don hot 🔥reach biko
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by MissTechy(f): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Danova:
Misstechy plz Please. We nor get light 💡 for house abeg... Sun Don hot 🔥reach biko

LMAOO
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Danova(m): 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
MissTechy:

LMAOO
plz I sent u an email... I need ur help on something urgent...
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by MissTechy(f): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Danova:
plz I sent u an email... I need ur help on something urgent...

seen smiley
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Mattin(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
AgreatMan:
this is not an IQ test neither is it a test of ur academic knowledge, it just a test daz organized to test ur level of stewpeedity. d moment u try and explain those scenarios, u hv just confirmed hw stewpeed u must be, it's lk drawing a car on a board n asking a student to push it.

I wonder what some employers take themselves for. Even if you r dangling a million naira per month job in my face n u ask me such, I'll try n control ma anger but I will surely subtly make u realize d lack of sense in ur question, to me, everything is not about money. But if am an experienced person, those questions automatically becomes an insult n u go hear am.

Bros, you don vex big time ooo!
Choi! We unemployed graduates don hear am
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by kodlins(f): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
What is your discipline please??
DoroBen:
THE EGG QUESTION

So if the first egg breaks maximum we can have x-1 drops and so we must always put the first egg from height x. So we have determined that for a given x we must drop the first ball from x height. And now if the first drop of the first egg doesn’t breaks we can have x-2 drops for the second egg if the first egg breaks in the second drop.

Taking an example, lets say 16 is my answer. That I need 16 drops to find out the answer. Lets see whether we can find out the height in 16 drops. First we drop from height 16,and if it breaks we try all floors from 1 to 15.If the egg don’t break then we have left 15 drops, so we will drop it from 16+15+1 =32nd floor. The reason being if it breaks at 32nd floor we can try all the floors from 17 to 31 in 14 drops (total of 16 drops). Now if it did not break then we have left 13 drops. and we can figure out whether we can find out whether we can figure out the floor in 16 drops.

1 + 13 45 .....
1 + 12 58
1 + 11 70
1 + 10 81
1 + 9 91
1 + 8 100 We can easily do in the end as we have enough drops to accomplish the task

Now finding out the optimal one we can see that we could have done it in either 15 or 14 drops only but how can we find the optimal one. From the above table we can see that the optimal one will be needing 0 linear trials in the last step.

So we could write it as

q (q+1)/2 >=100

Drop first orb from floors 14, 27, 39, 50, 60, 69, 77, 84, 90, 95, 99, 100... (i.e. move up 14 then 13, then 12 floors, etc) until it breaks (or doesn't at 100)
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by RobinHez(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
kodlins:
What is your discipline please??
I'm guessing he's a computer scientist...they are taught computational skills!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by ollyruffy: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
1. To answer this, you need some statistical data such as the estimated world population over a certain period.

Say over 1 year period, divide the difference in population by 365.

2. You need to know or have or device a mean to measure the amount of force required to crack the shell of one egg.

Then you will calculate the impact force that will be generated on the egg when you drop it from each floors. To calculate this force, you need to know the weight of the egg and heights of each floor.

Then, compare the force to crack the shell to the impact forces of each floor.

3. In this case, you have to make use of sound wave or energy. You need to push each of the coins on the table and listen to the sound notes produced. If ordinary ear cannot differentiate these notes. Then you need an electronic sound analyser to record and analysis sound waves coming from each of the coils.

4. Here, you to know the quantities of fruits in the bag and weight of one orange and one apple.

If you know these, you can be able to guess the boxes correctly.

In summary, the questions lack required data to provide scientific answers.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by ladokuntlad(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
1. Only babies are born everyday and not children
2. An egg cannot break a floor
3. since each coin contains both head and tail, i jst arrange 50 each on both sides
4. i will pick a fruit from d box labelled (orange and apple) and if picking out orange from it, den i wil rename dat box orange, den rearrange d remaining two boxes easily witout opening.
i.e A labelled (orange box0 will now be the applce box, while the labelled (apple box0 will now b 'apple and orange' box
5. waiting for MissTechy ooo
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
shocked

I'll surely not get employed in apple

cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
MissTechy:
If you are an active reader on MissTechy .com you'd remember when I asked if you had what it took to work at Google, In my opinion, if you can work at Google, you can work anywhere – here’s something similar to that.

I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

So who can answer any?

Don't forget to pay a visit to MissTechy . com today smiley

1) At least one child in a day
2) The optimal solution is to make sure the egg doesn't touch the floor so as not to break
3)Probability is 0 since I can't feel or see it
4) ...Thinking
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 14, 2015
ministerblessed:
If dis is rily the ans den av failed d interview already.... lol. Maths is so alien to me.
it can never be the answer. I have made such mistake before. Using math for an aptitude test is wrong. All it requires is for you to think

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by ministerblessed: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2015
ollyruffy:
1. To answer this, you need some statistical data such as the estimated world population over a certain period.

Say over 1 year period, divide the difference in population by 365.

2. You need to know or have or device a mean to measure the amount of force required to crack the shell of one egg.

Then you will calculate the impact force that will be generated on the egg when you drop it from each floors. To calculate this force, you need to know the weight of the egg and heights of each floor.

Then, compare the force to crack the shell to the impact forces of each floor.

3. In this case, you have to make use of sound wave or energy. You need to push each of the coins on the table and listen to the sound notes produced. If ordinary ear cannot differentiate these notes. Then you need an electronic sound analyser to record and analysis sound waves coming from each of the coils.

4. Here, you to know the quantities of fruits in the bag and weight of one orange and one apple.

If you know these, you can be able to guess the boxes correctly.

In summary, the questions lack required data to provide scientific answers.
So it dt wot u will tell ur employer?? lol
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by ministerblessed: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2015
deejay2x67:
it can never be the answer. I have made such mistake before. Using math for an aptitude test is wrong. All it requires is for you to think
Aite, thanks.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by MissTechy(f): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2015
iphanyiuma:
1) Babies are born not children so I guess not less than 1 everyday
2)The highest floor should be the First floor where am standing because an egg will brake from any platform
3)Since I can't see or feel the Coins I can't separate them so the probability should be zero
4)If I put my hand in the apple box ill remove the label on the apple box and remove the apple label on the box with apple label and switch labels ...everybody is happy smileysmiley

MissTechy!!!!!!!!! You're called!!!

cool
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by scachy(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ok nah
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by zikuma: 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
why wasting your time. open all the boxes and label them correctly
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
All I can see in these questions is the unemployment wahala in this yeye country sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
Sibrah:
For the egg question:
Since we are to use the most optimal method, Start with the two eggs in your hand and proceed to drop one from the lowest possible floor if it doesn't break then proceed to the next floor without picking up the first one and have a try. Go pick up both at once to conserve energy (resource) and proceed to higher floors in that manner. When one finally breaks you note the last floor before that floor for your answer.

For the children question:
I say children gets born once.

That's all for now.

Cool
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by abbey621(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians, why do we always think everything demands a direct answers, all these questions are not testing for correct answer but for your method of thinking, your analytical depth and the ability to think outside the box. If you look carefully and read each question, you'll notice a lot of variance, it's not something math alone can solve!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by icedbreez(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
Eye Opener questions....nice educative blog but surely very girlish.
Lol, girls just can't separate their endeavors from their gender.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by hardbody: 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
I have never had this level of laughter in a long long while with eyes real wet. Thank God i use an enclosed office. The questions appeared tasking enough but the answers from respondents just got me laughing rather stupidly.

In reality if you were to ask me any of those questions, i will just smile and thank you for the opportunity to be interviewed and confirm my expectation that you revert to me in my area of specialization if you think we should continue having a discussion on the prospective job offer.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Brunel(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
MissTechy:
If you are an active reader on MissTechy .com you'd remember when I asked if you had what it took to work at Google, In my opinion, if you can work at Google, you can work anywhere – here’s something similar to that.

I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

So who can answer any?

Don't forget to pay a visit to MissTechy . com today smiley

Oga if you no wan gimme job just tell me straight!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
DoroBen:
THE EGG QUESTION

1 + 13 45 .....
1 + 12 58
1 + 11 70
1 + 10 81
1 + 9 91

So we could write it as

q (q+1)/2 >=100

We gat us sonme mathematicians here.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by tinkinjow: 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
1. How many children are born every day?
People are not born as children but as babies, so nil

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the
highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking
it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

The higher the height the harder the impact. Therefore start from the lowest floor to the highest. Where you have it broken, then the floor before that is the highest where you can drop it without breaking. However it's a fact that an egg will break on any hard impact if dropped standing at whatever floor so the answercan be limited to the lowest floor. Don't understand the role of the second egg.

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head
side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up.
You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is
up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same
number of heads in each pile.”
To have same means 5 on each. so we'll have piles situations like: 95/5, 94/6, 93/7, 93/8....in all cases having at least 5 heads on each piles
Therefore: I'm coming
4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one
contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and
oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no
label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening
just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one
piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately
label all of the boxes correctly?
Once I've identified the friut in my hand, look at the label and correct it to reflect what I'm holding with the key here being label on the box from which I took from. Then switch the other labels to correctly reflect their contents.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc by richard870(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
No 1.So many children are born daily

Quote me and get brainy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic) / Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo Recruitment 2017 / From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.