Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion (6151 Views)

EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Camilla Mberekpe Channels An Evil Spirit On Emmanuel TV (Video Clip inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 6:15am On Sep 07, 2006
I have heared of evil spirit/witchcraft since childhood, but never believed it until a close friend of mine told me that that was what killed his mother in Lagos. He explained everything to me - he said it was their house girl from their village that was the witch that killed his mother.

The house girl confessed everything and even vomited a bird. My friend told me he witnessed all of this as a child.  And believe me, I have known this guy for years and he would never make something like this up.

My question to you fellow nairaland members is: Is this thing real?  And can you please share any experience with the rest of us.  Thanks.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Seun(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2006
I don't believe such stories. Can you explain the housegirl's motive for making the confession if she's truly a witch? If she's a witch, and she truly killed your friend's mom, won't she want to keep it a secret?
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 6:23am On Sep 07, 2006
The house girl was confronted by some elderly folks and some how made her confess. She did
not admit to it (at first) at all. Infact , she was crying as hell with everyone when the woman
passed on.

That's what I was told by my friend and he was very vivid and graphic about it.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Seun(m): 6:38am On Sep 07, 2006
Perhaps they tortured or brainwashed her until she was eager to confess so they'll leave her alone. After several hours of being bombarded with false accusations and not being allowed to sleep, this can happen.

Does her being graphic about it make the confession true? Not unless she hasn't watched any Yoruba movies.

Poor girl, she's probably completely confused. May Yemoja punish those shameless elders for this. angry
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 6:46am On Sep 07, 2006
Where do you get the idea that she was tortured and deprived of sleep ? Seun, even though
I didn't witness it myself, please don't read more to it than necessary.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Seun(m): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2006
In that case, we must conclude that this account is unreliable and possibly untrue. Next?
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2006
Speak for yourself and let people make their own judgment cool
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Damsal(f): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2006
When i was little i only believed that witches rode on broom sticks and didn't like little boys, until i changed locations I actually do believe that there are witches, cause we did have a housegirl who was one, she claimed to be a muslim so my mum never forced her to go to our church until a our pastor came to our house and made her confess. I've also had personal experience but i don't want to go into detail i want to believe that if i forget, the memory would probably go away being haunted at night is not actually a good experience.

@ Seun
i am actually quite offened that you don't believe that evil spirits exist, cause I hurting even more that you are so unaware of what used to make me cry myself to sleep. What hurts even more is when noone believes you or understands what you are going through.

But since you are unaware i pray you maintain your innocence and never go through such, Amen.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by BlackMamba(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2006
Crap, Crap, Crap.
If you can vouch for your friend, why seek a validation of his fairy tale.
Believe in such stories and wallow in stupidity.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by doubletree(f): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2006
i believe forces exist in this world that can not be completely explained by science.vomiting a live bird seems a bit farfetched though(is this posting  real or just to get people writing?)

i also believe a lot of us naijas give too much credit 'to the evil spirit'. some people feel every misfortune that befalls them  is always the work of the devil not due to their own poor preparation or judgement.they are quick to blame the wicked step mum/housegirl etc

I am a Christain and though i can't quote bible verses like some do.There is a sentence in the  Lord's prayer that supports the existence of evil,so i wouldn't deny its existence.

, 'and lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil', Amen
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Seun(m): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2006
Very soon someone will make your child confess to being a witch and you'll believe. angry
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by omonozozo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2006
doubletree:

i believe forces exist in this world that can not be completely explained by science.vomiting a live bird seems a bit farfetched though(is this posting real or just to get people writing?)

i also believe a lot of us naijas give too much credit 'to the evil spirit'. some people feel every misfortune that befalls them is always the work of the devil not due to their own poor preparation or judgement.they are quick to blame the wicked step mum/housegirl etc

I am a Christain and though i can't quote bible verses like some do.There is a sentence in the Lord's prayer that supports the existence of evil,so i wouldn't deny its existence.

, 'and lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil', Amen

Well said, I agree with you. I most say the thing with the Little bird is intresting.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by TayoD(m): 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2006
I believe in demons because the Bible teaches so. At the same time, I have personally cast out demons in people, and believe me, it's not a fluke.

1 Like

Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Seun(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2006
Bleh.  I still don't believe in it.  Pastors have a strong incentive to make people confess impossible things.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2006
TayoD:

I have personally cast out demons in people, and believe me, it's not a fluke.

@TayoD

Interesting. Could you please go into a little more detail about the demons you cast. I am
still learning about these things myself.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 12:39am On Sep 08, 2006
@damsal

You scenario is kind of similar to my friend's. There has to be some legitimacy
to this afterall.

Like I said, I've known this guy for over 10 years before he
told me what killed his mom and I don't have any reason to think he is making
it up.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by TayoD(m): 3:51am On Sep 08, 2006
There is no big deal to casting out demons. Discernment is required to understand who needs it, and the tool for deliverance is the name of Jesus.

I am not a Pastor as some might think it takes only a minister to do this. You just need to realise your authoruty in Christ Jesus. As a Christian, you are authorised to destroy the works of the devil and to take back that which he has stolen. Once you understand this and the possessed person is in agreement with you, then we have a done deal.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by maxell(f): 4:05am On Sep 08, 2006
You just never know in life sha.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 4:09am On Sep 08, 2006
But Tayo,

Do you think what my friend told me is true or not ? I have known this guy for over
10 years and I know he will never make anything like this up.

Infact, someone on this thread said she went through a similar experience. Do you
think my friend's story is true ?
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by lauryn(f): 4:12am On Sep 08, 2006
Well, the last/recent i had with such was during my last/recent visit to nigeria in January. I was just reacting/adapting to the weather grin, or so I believe, but my mom claimed some lil girl in the house was possessed and her egbe(fellow witchcraft members) were trying to hurt me. So basically She claims the heat rashes I had were spiritual attacks. This is the dumbest/weirdest thing ever grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by aloib(f): 4:14am On Sep 08, 2006
crap, its all lies, i dont believe in all dose shit, thats crap men, its only if u believe it, such things would happen, i know people can be possessed but all those evil powers and withcraft, all crap
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by En1gmat1c: 9:54am On Sep 08, 2006
If one believes in miracles then you by default have to believe in witchcraft, juju, voodoo, jazz, bendel insurance, ijebu protection or whatever nomenclature you like.

To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

So if there are in angels, holy spirits and cherubims and serabooms then you do know that they will be invalidated if there are no demons for them to protect you from.

Personally, I'm not bothered, I believe in neither.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by TayoD(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2006
I cant testify to the veracity of your friend's claims, but at least, I know it is possible.

I usually don't concentrate on what the devil's doing, I give my attention to what God is doing.

1 Like

Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by damsol(f): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2006
i really have not witnessed it b4 bt a very close friend told me that she was given food by a woman to eat,so she kept it under her table few hours l8r she felt hungry and wanted to like eat the food so she found out that the rice turned to blood and the meat to an index finger.so hard to believe.innit?
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2006
@damsol

Where and when did this happen ? And do you trust your friend for
telling the truth ?
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Damsal(f): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2006
damsol:

i really have not witnessed it before bt a very close friend told me that she was given food by a woman to eat,so she kept it under her table few hours l8r she felt hungry and wanted to like eat the food so she found out that the rice turned to blood and the meat to an index finger.so hard to believe.innit?

When i read this post i couln't help smiling it seemed a little over the top, yet in a way i still find it believeable. There is legitimacy to the spiritual world it's obviousness just differs. Some cases are a lot more dramatic than others.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Amiphat: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2006
Of witches and witchcraft - this may be a late addition, but the truth is I do believe there are things that go bump in the night.  After all, both the Bible and the Quaran speak about the spirit realm and witches (though shall not suffer a witch to live? the witch of Endor? Jinns and Sprites?)

I had a dream once where I saw several people gathered around a fire, pointing their fingers at it and repeatedly using the word "EKWENSU", I was paralysed on my bed and though I felt awake, I could not get off the bed.

After a good deal of praying, I finally woke up bathed in sweat and finally able to speak (I had been trying to call out to my roomates).

I needed no prophet to tell me to say a meaningful prayer then but that is not the main eye opener of the tale.

When I later related the story to my friend believe it or not, I found out that the word 'EKWENSU" which I had never heard before that night meant DEVIL.

Still don't believe? I do, but also know for a FACT that there is nothing that prayer cannot solve
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by damsol(f): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2006
GNature:

@damsol

Where and when did this happen ? And do you trust your friend for
telling the truth ?

i think it happened at ekiti and i really trust her bt i did nt witness it.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by GNature(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2006
@damsol

Thanks so much. My friend told me his story too and like i have been saying, the
dude is not the lying type at all.

It is very very interesting hearing all these revelations from people. I don't know
for a fact, but I think there is something about this thing that is true.

I appreciate all of your input folks, I really do smiley smiley

Please keep your experiences/opinions coming.
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic:

Im More Than Winch anyway. . .I have Great Experience.
[/size]
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by mazaje(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
damsol:

i really have not witnessed it b4 bt a very close friend told me that she was given food by a woman to eat,so she kept it under her table few hours l8r she felt hungry and wanted to like eat the food so she found out that the rice turned to blood and the meat to an index finger.so hard to believe.innit?

grin grin grin grin. . .them say them say. . . Myths lies and urban legengs. . we all hear about people that have the ability to make their house dissapear, vomits birds, lizards. scorpions, deflect bullets, turn other people into animals like vultures, frogs, turn people into money etc. . . The african man's thoughts has not yet evolved . . . that is why we hear these endless myths and urban legens that have no ground in reality all the time. . na so so them say them say without ANY evidence at all. . .Yet people keep believeing these ridiculous LIES that have NO ground in reality. . .
Re: Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion by PastorAIO: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
Why are winches always the weakest members of society?  It's always housegirls, children and weak old ladies. You'd think with all that Winch power they would be more influential in society.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 archeological evidences to proof the Bible is real(with pictures) / FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! / Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.