Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos (38641 Views)

PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / Photos From The Early Morning Sporadic Shootings In Kano Today / People Queuing With Their Generators At NNPC Station, Ojota, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by lalasticlala(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Heavy shootings have been reported in the Ojota area of Lagos, which were said to have started shortly before the formal announcement of the state governorship election, which was won by the All Progressives Congress candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode.

No one could give the identity of the feuding parties, neither has there been a confirmation of casualty figure.

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/news/heavy-shootings-rock-ojota-lagos/
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by holatin(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jimichukwu pls call those boys to order.

Before you quote me, saying rubbish.

which party will want to be involve in such bloody feud at the moment ?

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by agarawu23(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
I pity the children fighting for our politicians. there own children are all abroad or at home with there parents eating and shining with our treasures, you thugs are out there killing one another all because of a token share that won't bring you and your families out of poverty. who will pay for your medical bills after injury? "awon werey"

poverty is really a disease.

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by ebubey(f): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
shocked
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by teemanbastos(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
bodegeorge sad
agbaje has congratulated Ambode so chillout

meanwhile where is Adamu Muazu who claimed PDP will win 27states grin grin grin he cudnt even win Bauchi.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Aitee1: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
hmmmmm...my Igbo brethren just put on the life jacket at once cos you never can tell

*kneels down to pray for peace for my beloved country *

10 Likes

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Ayomax(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
menh, it's really a hard time for the Ibos right now
(political sector) I pity dem, always losing out in
everything.

61 Likes

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by pTomz(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
...so election naw don turn brothers in arms abi?? undecided
isorrite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by DickDastardly(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
angry
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by ebubey(f): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
holatin:
ho
lolz, Weldon ko
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by chomchom1(f): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by CR77(f): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Agbaje don call Ambode tell am congratulation, Una dey there dey kill una self 4 nothing

6 Likes

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by jamex93(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
naija why
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
People killing themselves for politicians who already exchanged handshakes.

Smh!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Chidozieude: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Any form of violence instigated by PDP thugs will be dealt with by the law enforcement agencies!

Mr Agbaje has conceded and called his new Governor - Mr Ambode. All PDP miscreants should tow the line of peace!

Lagos is a peace loving state. We dont need PDP violence in Lagos

31 Likes

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Pavore9: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Which part of Ojota?
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by LushGreenz: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Dyt:
Awon werey
I don't know why but your comment got me laughing so hard.
Were bawo grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by MCDanselm(m): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
chai
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by hydeekam: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Let there be peace
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
I'm in Ogudu and I've got first hand info of it

Problem started when Baba Osinowo aka Pepper who is the APC candidate in the HOA was about to be declared winner with a lot of irregularities and ballot snatching reported.
The thugs of Moyosore Ogunlewe of PDP now rejected the result because a lot of ballot box are still missin/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by stacomaster(m): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ok na...
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by sam1234(m): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
But what is the shooting all about? God deal with all the evil ploters in our dear country. we called them amokun seka
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by khalebzy(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
w
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
teemanbastos:
bode
george

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by ademega(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Oluwa maa sho wa oh
Re: Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Heard JK called AA to congratulate him. I'm not taken! Na condition make crayfish bend! This is the irresistible conclusion one is likely to arrive at given a recap of his campaign strategy which largely consisted of character assasssination, violence -his party engineered the OPC mindless Fun of violence and destruction visited on Lagosians with the police standing by-, terrible waste of the nation's forex with which the spectating President Jonathan recklessly bribed the citizenry in vain though and the unfortunate ethnic politics he played using Oba Akiolu's unguarded statement about the Igbos promising to make their Eze a "first class chief IN LAGOS!(A most unwise thing to say!) A wise politician could have said something like " oh, but that statement by the revered Oba is his own opinion - Lagos belongs to us all. Vote for me and I'll ensure you are protected"! Instead, he, out of an obviously mindless desperation to be Governor of Lagos attacked the Oba of Lagos in the process lumping him up with the APC. That was poor strategy on classic display as no true African (even the Igbo) will stand idly by and tolerate the denigration of the traditional stool no matter what. Who does so incurs the disfavour of the subject of the Oba in question. This contrasts sharply with the APC response which simply isolated the party from the Oba's remarks while taking care not to attack the Oba in the process. That should show us as between JK and AA whose cranium is best suited to think progressive policy for Lagos in the next four years. Fingers got burnt and lessons learnt. Thank God JK ethnic politics didn't set Lagos ablaze!!!

31 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shina Peller Picks APC Nomination Form / APC Primaries: How Odds Favour Tinubu - Daily Trust / Tinubu's Family House Supports Jide Sanwo—Olu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.