Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education (2303 Views)

Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada / Project Topics And Materials In Social Studies Education / Bsc, Masters And Phd Scholarship By Norway Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by walexysos: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
pls house advise me,am doing my degree at tasued in social studies education,am thinking of doing masters and phd in social studies education or can i find an alternative course or its ok.becos i will like to become a lectuter
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lecturer? Is there any university program called 'social studies'?.

1 Like

Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by walexysos: 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
qbd2:
Lecturer? Is there any university program called 'social studies'?.

yes, there is social studies course in universities
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by samtol4(m): 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nice move ...you can do masters and Phd in Higher education studies .It is wider and more comprehensive .Masters and Phd in S/studies will limit your dreams .
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2015
walexysos:

yes, there is social studies course in universities
And that's what u really want to teach. If so, then u need to major in social studies all throughout not education. Mastersand bachelor of education usually qualifies one to teach in primary, secondary and teachers college. If u want to teach in uni, u need to get an msc and phd in d field plus teaching experience.
But still I doubt I've ever seen outside a masters program in social studies.
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by walexysos: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2015
am planning dat after my degree in social studies,i should proceed to masters in sociology and phd in anthropology
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by samtol4(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2015
Qualifications:
Native English Speaker, Bachelor Degree, Teaching License, 1+ years teaching experience
Program name:
ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council)
Grade level:
Pre-School, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Positions available:
Position type:
Teacher (Certified/Licensed)
Subject:
All, English, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Science - General
Salary Range:
$3000-$5500/month
City:
Johannesburg
Region:
Africa
Apply
Apply Now to Teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
In-Person Interviews in Johannesburg on May 3, 2015

The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is hosting interviews in South Africa for teaching positions in their public school system for the start of the next school year, August, 2015. To qualify for these positions you must be SACE registered and have at least one year's experience post-certification. ADEC is hiring teachers with the following specializations:

Reception (3½ to 5½ year olds)
Foundation Phase (Grades 1-3)
Intermediate Phase (Grades 4-5)
Senior Phase English (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Math (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Science (Grades 6-9)
Further Education and Training (FET) Phase English (Grades 10-12)
Foundation and Intermediate Phase Physical and Health Education

Teaching with ADEC means joining one of the largest educational reforms in the world. ADEC is redesigning their education system to allow their students options in life and their country a future after oil in becoming billingual in English and Arabic. You will be inspiring the minds of local students in Abu Dhabi through an outcomes based education system. Many of your students will be unable to speak English fluently so your influence will be all the more rewarding. You will need creativity, energy and passion to ignite the light-bulb moments for your students.

About Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and has become a major hub for expats living abroad. Life can be drastically different depending on where you are located. Abu Dhabi City is a vast metropolis where you will have access to modern amenities available in any major city. Al-Ain, a city of almost 600,000 people, is the traditional summer retreat for Emiratis due to its cooler climate and laid back lifestyle. Al Gharbia (the Western Region) is made up of multiple oases and smaller communities. You will get a more authentic cultural experience and join a very close-knit group of teachers there. Wherever you end up in Abu Dhabi you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than three hours from the capital city.

Job Benefits

Competitive tax-free monthly salary starting at 12,300 AED ($3300 USD) to 20,400 AED ($5500 USD) depending on qualifications and experience
Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Two months' vacation plus all national holidays

try this
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by walexysos: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2015
samtol4:
Qualifications:
Native English Speaker, Bachelor Degree, Teaching License, 1+ years teaching experience
Program name:
ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council)
Grade level:
Pre-School, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Positions available:
Position type:
Teacher (Certified/Licensed)
Subject:
All, English, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Science - General
Salary Range:
$3000-$5500/month
City:
Johannesburg
Region:
Africa
Apply
Apply Now to Teach with the Abu Dhabi Education Council
In-Person Interviews in Johannesburg on May 3, 2015

The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is hosting interviews in South Africa for teaching positions in their public school system for the start of the next school year, August, 2015. To qualify for these positions you must be SACE registered and have at least one year's experience post-certification. ADEC is hiring teachers with the following specializations:

Reception (3½ to 5½ year olds)
Foundation Phase (Grades 1-3)
Intermediate Phase (Grades 4-5)
Senior Phase English (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Math (Grades 6-9)
Senior Phase Science (Grades 6-9)
Further Education and Training (FET) Phase English (Grades 10-12)
Foundation and Intermediate Phase Physical and Health Education

Teaching with ADEC means joining one of the largest educational reforms in the world. ADEC is redesigning their education system to allow their students options in life and their country a future after oil in becoming billingual in English and Arabic. You will be inspiring the minds of local students in Abu Dhabi through an outcomes based education system. Many of your students will be unable to speak English fluently so your influence will be all the more rewarding. You will need creativity, energy and passion to ignite the light-bulb moments for your students.

About Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and has become a major hub for expats living abroad. Life can be drastically different depending on where you are located. Abu Dhabi City is a vast metropolis where you will have access to modern amenities available in any major city. Al-Ain, a city of almost 600,000 people, is the traditional summer retreat for Emiratis due to its cooler climate and laid back lifestyle. Al Gharbia (the Western Region) is made up of multiple oases and smaller communities. You will get a more authentic cultural experience and join a very close-knit group of teachers there. Wherever you end up in Abu Dhabi you can expect to be greeted with warmth and be no more than three hours from the capital city.

Job Benefits

Competitive tax-free monthly salary starting at 12,300 AED ($3300 USD) to 20,400 AED ($5500 USD) depending on qualifications and experience
Airfare to and from Abu Dhabi for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Additional yearly airfare allowance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18).
One, two or three bedroom accommodation provided
Additional relocation allowance of 20,000AED to furnish housing
Local medical insurance for you and your dependents (your spouse and up to three biological children under 18)
Two months' vacation plus all national holidays

try this

thanks
Re: Doing Bsc, Masters, And Phd In Social Studies Education by ColbyJr: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
I know this feel mate I also wanted more in my educational process and https://paperleaf.ca/homework-help/ helped me a lot. I even become a little bit happier...

(1) (Reply)

23 Most Expensive Schools In Nigeria / 7 Amazing Things/places You Wouldn't Believe Existed In Nature / The Unilag Crisis: Save Unilag From Sinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.