Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others (52521 Views)

List Of 19 States Given Bailout As Released By CBN / PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by ninjasta: 6:04am On Apr 13, 2015
Wins 19 states, leading in four others
LAGOS — WITH ferocious intensity, the All Progressives Congress (APC), yesterday, swept into its kitty most of the 29 governorship seats contested at the weekend. The huge victory has catapulted the party to the enviable position of the dominant party in Nigeria.
With the results announced at press time, the APC won in 19 states and was leading in Plateau and Kebbi states while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won in Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Gombe and Enugu and was coasting home to victory in Rivers, Delta and Taraba.

This came as the PDP made in-road to the Lagos State House of Assembly winning six seats for the first time as APC’s Mr Akinwunmi Ambode won a tightly contested governorship election beating PDP’s Jimi Agbaje.

Meanwhile, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, yesterday, broke the re-election jinx, which has dogged Oyo State politics since 1983 by winning the governorship polls after fencing off Senator Rasheed Ladoja of the Accord Party; Christopher Alao Akala of the Labour Party and Teslim Folarin of the PDP among others.

States where the APC won the governorship are Kaduna, Sokoto, Niger, Borno, Adamawa, Lagos, Kwara, Katsina, Bauchi, Kano, Yobe, Zamfara, Oyo, Ogun, Benue, Imo, Nasarawa, Jigawa and Benue (see table).

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/apc-sweeps-gov-polls/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by dustmalik: 6:06am On Apr 13, 2015
APC is like a hurricane, demolishing anything that dares stands in its path. grin

lalasticlala, front page things.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Ngasky(m): 6:11am On Apr 13, 2015
A new dawn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by seunfly: 6:12am On Apr 13, 2015
So 19states is already in there bag now and they are still waiting for more. May be 2 or 3 more states is enough + the existing ones like Osun and Edo state. Chaiiii!!!!!!!!! Who say things can't change, change and death are the only inevitable events in life.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 13, 2015
APC should show PDP whatt it means to b a ruling party

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by tunwumi: 6:18am On Apr 13, 2015
Oh apc.

We saw, we came, we won.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by temitemi1(m): 6:22am On Apr 13, 2015
Thanks to GEJ for the free n fair elections for the first time in NIGERIA political history. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by otokx(m): 6:22am On Apr 13, 2015
Imo is inconclusive for now but hopefully APC will retain it so as to have a geographical spread.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by eleko1: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Thanks to Mam Shepos,FFK Bomber FC,FAYOSE the diapers wearer,OKU-Igbe the Bastardino,Obagoal the card 'tearer',Koro the thief and oda Miserable saTANist that pulled PDP down.------RIP to PDP sad

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by otokx(m): 6:29am On Apr 13, 2015
temitemi1:
Thanks to GEJ for the free n fair elections for the first time in NIGERIA political history. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Free and fair rigging you mean.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 13, 2015
A real bad market for pdp...where is firefire and temitemi?? de blind pdp die hards!! them dey Aso rock dey pack with their papa...
change av come to stay!!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by ninjasta: 6:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Humility means accepting reality with no attempt to outsmart it.

change!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by arsetalks(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2015
I pray PDP bounce back. Not because I have stopped hating them, but because I love Nigeria more and I know we can't cope with a one party system.

APC has been a worthy opposition to PDP in the last 2-3 years, we need PDP to do the same.

They promised us change, we changed PDP and replace PDP with them, time for them to deliver. No time to check time, I never get light for 3 days and on para mode.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Firefire(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2015
daniel9202:
A real bad market for pdp...where is firefire and temitemi?? de blind pdp die hards!! them dey Aso rock dey pack with their papa...
change av come to stay!!!!

We are first Nigerians before becoming affiliated to any party, we remain loyal to our course. (United Nigeria on the path of greatness)

We pray the CHANGE is real.

Congrats to all the winners under the CHANGE slogan.

Let the CHANGE be Original.

God bless Nigeria.

Shalom!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by fitzmayowa: 6:46am On Apr 13, 2015
This shouldn't come as a surprise, the success of APC in the presidential election surely affected the gubernatorial elections...

I hope APC do not squander the goodwill they are enjoying at the moment, just like PDP did...

"CHANGE" is indeed here, and Goodluck to PDP as they become the main opposition...cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by gabriel212: 6:51am On Apr 13, 2015
Firefire:

We are first Nigerians before becoming affiliated to any party, we remain loyal to our course. (United Nigeria on the path of greatness)

We pray the CHANGE is real.

Congrats to all the winners under the CHANGE slogan.

Let the CHANGE be Original.

God bless Nigeria.

Shalom!
Love ur response. also I will want the pdp to rise up to b the formidable opposition party to creat a balance in our political environment.
1st time of commenting since d start of election. login out again as a guests

9 Likes

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2015
Chai. The wind of change has blown away by pant on the fence oooooooooooooooo.
Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Sheenor: 6:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Its over!

1 Like

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Funjosh(m): 7:02am On Apr 13, 2015
Am interested in Imo state election.
Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by gerrardomendes(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Ngasky:
A new dawn
Don't think so, Sir. Same old thieves and crooks. APC
means:
A. Aggrieved Persons Congress
B. Association of Past Criminals
C. Arewa Political Conspiracy
D. All of the above.

.of course, option D descibes them best.

8 Likes

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2015
What of Nasarawa State please?
Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by dejisko(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2015
dustmalik:
APC is like a hurricane, demolishing anything that dares stands in its path. grin

lalasticlala, front page things.
exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by ibkgab001: 7:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Tinubu is happy so we are

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by yousouphe(m): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2015
temitemi1:
shocked tongue double sorry, i feel ur pain, Fayose. A supporter of APC, ur role model, Fayose is a tout. stop that. broz its a curse dont u know

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2015
APC is like a hurricane! Their dogedness took PDP, who were sitting pretty on their fat fanny, by surprise. It was quite easy for them to be swept off their feet. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Igwe9(m): 8:18am On Apr 13, 2015
Anybody other than a politician that is rejoicing over APC or PDP win in other states other than his/her state is just a myopic or ethnic bigot. Of what benefit I is to you as a person, it will all be, getting back at that individual that took his people for granted and not the party, party is made up of individual. Some of these individuals were in PDP or APC before, so, what's the fuss?

PDP is just a name of party, just as AD, CAN, ANPP, CPC and co metamorphosized into something else today.

We should focus on the individual component of these party and not the party name. We condemn the whole party just for an individual(s),

I don't see us making any head way if we continue like this.

Meanwhile, let give APC chance at the center, if they do well, then we will vote them in next time but it is still too early to be beating this drum of victory for the people. For now, it's the victory for the politicians until it's transformed into the victory for the masses.

Is high time we quit according unnecessary respect to the politicians.
It also pains when we claim to be cleansing the wicked politicians and turned back to embrace some because they are your friends, party or tribes person.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by ABEngine(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2015
arsetalks:
I pray PDP bounce back. Not because I have stopped hating them, but because I love Nigeria more and I know we can't cope with a one party system.

APC has been a worthy opposition to PDP in the last 2-3 years, we need PDP to do the same.

They promised us change, we changed PDP and replace PDP with them, time for them to deliver. No time to check time, I never get light for 3 days and on para mode.

So you too my friend realize the benefit of a strong opposition? That's excellent. You see, in 1999 PDP almost swept clean like the APC just did and afterwards there wasn't any strong opposition to keep the PDP on their toes, leading to party chieftains saying they will be in power for 50 years, outrageous!

So I urge us to maintain the balance, ensure we do no totally annihilate the new opposition party if we expect a functional democracy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
WOW! shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 13, 2015
See what Jonathan has caused grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by Demdem(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2015
Jonah-daft is indeed a curse.
He turned the biggest party in Africa to a local insignificant party.
Very soon, PDP will be competing for votes like KOWA , NCP and UNCP.
SHame on the fool. Thank goodness, Nigerians chased the curse away.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others by CR77(f): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2015
APC losses never congratulate it's opponent but PDP losses and congratulates its opponent.

Tinubu don hammer oo

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Wins Gombe, Sweeps All 11 LGAss / Nnamdi Kanu Now Dot In A Circle, Arrested In Addis Ababa, Remanded / (breaking News) US Imposes Visa Ban On Nigeria Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.