Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,149 members, 7,780,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 AM

HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? (2099 Views)

Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / See The 'Weird' Cake A Woman Gave Her Husband / Should I Tell My Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by JBeeHive(m): 8:30am On Apr 13, 2015
Where to start frm isnt the issue but delivering the message to a lady who sees her husband as an epitomy of faithfulness is quite a BIG problem. I'd always suspected my brother in-law to be the ever wayward kinda guy but never had any proof until I had to help him fix his Mobile smart phone. He isnt much of a tech genius so all things were left open with a little push of the right buttons. He had loads of female (side chicks) friends on his bbm n whatsapp and dat didn't really bother me cos I tot to myself that most married guys kept a few by d side just to make them feel like they were still hot and marketable to single ladies, so i never said anything about the whole gist. But I've had my sistet complain about toilet infections and she's been on Antibiotics for sometime now and it's weighing on my conscience. She keeps complainin about the STIs coming back after treatment and I cant help but feel it's d promiscuity of her husband that has led to her unending wave of STI battles.
Now I'm torn between telling her what I know (which is a lot more than what I wrote down about her husband) and have her risk contracting something way worse than a treatable STI?

Rational and mature advice needed. Thanks
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by falconey(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2015
this is serious . Tell her indirectly or sarcastically.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Eberex(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2015
Tell her. She is your blood related sister, why will you want to keep that from her? or better still give her an anonymous tip to check her husband phone.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by aisha007(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2015
JBeeHive:
Where to start frm isnt the issue but delivering the message to a lady who sees her husband as an epitomy of faithfulness is quite a BIG problem. I'd always suspected my brother in-law to be the ever wayward kinda guy but never had any proof until I had to help him fix his Mobile smart phone. He isnt much of a tech genius so all things were left open with a little push of the right buttons. He had loads of female (side chicks) friends on his bbm n whatsapp and dat didn't really bother me cos I tot to myself that most married guys kept a few by d side just to make them feel like they were still hot and marketable to single ladies, so i never said anything about the whole gist. But I've had my sistet complain about toilet infections and she's been on Antibiotics for sometime now and it's weighing on my conscience. She keeps complainin about the STIs coming back after treatment and I cant help but feel it's d promiscuity of her husband that has led to her unending wave of STI battles.
Now I'm torn between telling her what I know (which is a lot more than what I wrote down about her husband) and have her risk contracting something way worse than a treatable STI?
[size=14pt] how do you fvvvcking know it is sti....

it could be other communicable disease....
but tell your sister to calm down from ^JEGAING^ you brother inlaw pencil na angry
at least for a while...and if the infections stop thwn you can confirm ur suspicions wink

eee be like say she be okocha for pitch ooo [/size]
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Cutehector(m): 8:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Tell it to her in her dream
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by vislabraye(m): 8:41am On Apr 13, 2015
If she hs STI, i believe she knows how she got infected. Btw, how can you prove he infected your sister when you've not tested him
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by JBeeHive(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2015
vislabraye:
If she hs STI, i believe she knows how she got infected. Btw, how can you prove he infected your sister when you've not tested him

He is also on antibiotic treatment too bro... is dat suppose to treat headaches?
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by vislabraye(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2015
JBeeHive:

He is also on antibiotic treatment too bro... is dat suppose to treat headaches?

No na to treat yansh ache... undecided .
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by maclatunji: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2015
OP,just present the facts you have to your sister. Is it when she dies from STDs that you will start lamenting?.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by yomi007k(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2015
U better tell her.
I deally when trating STIs, both partners shud be treated simultaneously. If not, re-infection will occur.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by sweettease(f): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2015
falconey:

this is serious .
Some people like stating the obvious sha undecided
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by falconey(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2015
sweettease:

Some people like stating the obvious sha undecided

LOL you missed it.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by sweettease(f): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2015
It is better she knows because one person treating STI over and over again while being sexually active will not make it go away and like you said, she can get something worse. So many people don't take it serious when they hear HIV is real but it is indeed very real, plus there are other infections that are worse so please save your sister.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2015
From the writeup,you have no substantial evidence,just sight of girls,and maybe chat messages. Which isn't enough to suspect he's the vector of the STI..

Have you thought about your sister way of life too,promiscuity isn't limited to male alone.

If its STI,you sister will know,so don't be agent of fake/bad new.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2015
find a way to show her the pics. you've suspected he was wayward , now you've something to show for it. men don't just hv loads of pics of numerous women on their phone for no reason. he's a married man, there's no reason these pics should be on his phone. he has likely cheated and still is, man-whores do exist. he will give your sister another infection or worse if she's not careful. do they hv kids?

JBeeHive:

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by JBeeHive(m): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2015
Yomieluv:
From the writeup,you have no substantial evidence,just sight of girls,and maybe chat messages. Which isn't enough to suspect he's the vector of the STI..

Have you thought about your sister way of life too,promiscuity isn't limited to male alone.

If its STI,you sister will know,so don't be agent of fake/bad new.

My sister I can vouch for and d reason why i said i have more dan just d msgs is becos I av more dan just written evidences, i have copulative evidences which are personal and cant be shared online. I need reasonable responses, not douchbaggy inclined opinions. If your sister was found in such a predicament, what would u do?

Think n respond like a loving brother and not a dick wiv one eye.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by JBeeHive(m): 10:40am On Apr 13, 2015
vislabraye:

No na to treat yansh ache... undecided .

It's obvious ur lost in translation... Response frm u shld be ignored just as ur opinions read SHALLOW. SMH
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2015
JBeeHive:

My sister I can vouch for and d reason why i said i have more dan just d msgs is becos I av more dan just written evidences, i have copulative evidences which are personal and cant be shared online. I need reasonable responses, not douchbaggy inclined opinions. If your sister was found in such a predicament, what would u do?

Think n respond like a loving brother and not a dick wiv one eye.
so you want to tell me your sister doesn't know the difference between a common toilet infection,and STI?

Even if she doesn't,a visit to a doctor would point it out.

So it means she has been abusing the ampiclox medication then through her self medication.

please your sister should know better.

Jack bauer wanna-be..so who's talking like a one eye douchebag now?
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by bellong: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Let your sister pay a visit to the doctor for proper diagnosis, if it is STI, find a way of telling her to encourage the husband to go for a test too. The doctor can invite him for discussion and then diagnosis. If he has STI, I guess it will be easy for your sister to take it up from there.

At least one of them must explain how the STI came about.

The only thing you can do here is to encourage your sister to see a doctor and advise to go with her husband and that urgently.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by thorpido(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
s your sister on self-medication or was it a doctor that prescribed the antibiotics?If your sister is treating STI,then her husband ought to treat it too.If she knows her husband is treating an infection,then she should know how it came about.
Ask your sister about the infection she is treating and her husband's status?She should be wise enough to know what to do.You can just present the evidence as backup later.

1 Like

Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Msp: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
@jbeehive

Swallowing antibiotics does not mean its an sti, it might just be a bacteria infection or something.The information you gave is not enough for me to say its an sti, except maybe you saw a result or chat on his phone showing the he caught something from those women. She should see a dr. or do a urine and hvs culture to determine the cause of her problem.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by JBeeHive(m): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
thorpido:
s your sister on self-medication or was it a doctor that prescribed the antibiotics?If your sister is treating STI,then her husband ought to treat it too.If she knows her husband is treating an infection,then she should know how it came about.
Ask your sister about the infection she is treating and her husband's status?She should be wise enough to know what to do.You can just present the evidence as backup later.

She's not on self medication. All antibiotics were prescribed by their family doctor. I believe that of the husband too but I just a feeling she's living in denial over her hubby's promiscuity n I dont want to go addong more fuel into an inferno.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by thorpido(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
JBeeHive:

She's not on self medication. All antibiotics were prescribed by their family doctor. I believe that of the husband too but I just a feeling she's living in denial over her hubby's promiscuity n I dont want to go addong more fuel into an inferno.
In this case,she should be well aware.Just give her hints on the need to look into her husband's affairs.
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Icekeeng(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
your sister could even be the one originally infected!
1, How come you know more of her husband than she does? Or is she not seeing the signs?
2. Do you know if she has dicussed it with her husband already?
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Phut(f): 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
OP, you had the responsibility to inform your sister once you saw what you saw on her husband's phone. Not telling her is tantamount to playing God (is she a child whom you have to shield from information that pertains to her, more than any other person in the world).

You are talking of an STI which hopefully is not one of the big diseases. But how would a person who keeps such information from his/her sibling feel, if the sibling contracts HIV during the period of their silence?

What if it was your brother and you saw similar information on his wife's phone? Would you have told? Why the different treatment because the sibling in question is your sister? It seems you are not 100 percent sure of where your loyalty lies.

And here you are on Nairaland still acting unsure as to what course of action to take/asking questions.

P.S. All these posters inferring things about your sister: You opened up yourself and your sister, to that
Re: HELP! How Do I Tell My Sister Her Husband Gave Her STI? by Moana(f): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
undecided this is a matter of life and death and all you can do is look for the nicest way to put it. lol i hope u wont wait until she is on ARVs

(1) (Reply)

#SAD :pregnant Woman And Her Three Kids Sleep By The Road (photos) / This Is An Ugly Truth Of Life / I Need Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.