Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:17 PM

APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly (24088 Views)

Court Bars APC From Fielding Candidate In Anambra Central Senatorial Election / Kogi Rerun: INEC Conducts Senatorial Election Without APC / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
By: Jethro Ibileke/Benin

The Minority Whip of Federal House of Representatives, Samson Osagie, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has lost his bid to represent Edo South at the Senate.

Osagie lost to candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mathew Urhoghide, after polling 117,759 votes against Urhoghide’s 139,784 votes.

P.M. NEWS recalls that the Senatorial election was inconclusive in Orhionmwon and few wards in some local government areas of the district when the election was held on 28 March.

INEC’s Senatorial Returning Officer for the poll, Prof. Joseph Erunosa Osemwenkhai, who announced the result, declared candidate of the PDP winner, “having satisfied the requirements of The law and scored the highest number of votes is hereby returned.”

Meanwhile, results of 20 of the 24 seats in the State House of Assembly election in the state showed that the APC retains firm control of the state assembly, following its victory in 17 seats against PDP’s three.

They are as follows:

Ovia North-East Constituency II:
Bright Osayande: APC – 8,041; Andy Uzamere: PDP – 5,462

Ovia North-East Constituency I:
Sunday Osazimwede: APC – 7,477; Levis Aigbogun: PDP – 4,628

Etasko East:
Kingsley Ugabi: APC -16,824; Abass Jega Momoh: PDP – 8,799

Etsako Central:
Damian Lawani: APC -10,310; Tijani Abubakar: PDP – 7,517

Etsako West II:
Yakubu Gowon Jerry: APC – 14,373; Sylvanus Eruagha: PDP – 4,001

Etsako West I:
Gani Audu: APC – 11,228; Dada Abubakar: PDP – 6,321

Oredo West:
Chris Okaeben: APC -13,127; Uyi Ogbemudia: PDP – 10,193

Oredo East:
Iyoha Osaigbovo: APC -15,581; Lion Okoro Osadebamen: PDP – 9,087

Ikpoba Okha:
Henry Okhuarobo: APC – 23,571; Nicholas Asonsere: PDP – 14,478

Egor:
Crosby Eribo: APC – 19,554; Nosa Adams : PDP – 12,233

Uhumwonde:
Elizabeth Aitivie: APC – 11,847; Imasuen Murphy: PDP – 8,352

Akoko-Edo I:
Kabir Adjoto: APC – 14,195; Johnson Momoh: PDP – 7,206

Akoko-Edo II:
Emma Agbaje: APC – 17,699; Bisi Idaomi: PDP – 5,083

Owan East:
Foly Ogedengbe : APC – 22,562; John Imona: PDP – 10,497

Owan West:‎
Asein Ojo: APC – 12,883; Agbebakun Blessing: PDP – 9,963‎

Esan West:
Samuel Odigie: APC – 20,614; Monday Ehighalua: PDP – 23,314

Esan Central:
Victor Edoror: APC – 10,561; Sunday Ereghan : PDP – 8,230

Esan North-East I:
Anselm Adimma: APC – 1,519; Patrick Iluobe: PDP – 1,744

Esan North-East II:
Igbans: PDP – 6,289; Henry Okpame: APC – 4,730

Esan South:
Festus Udughele: APC – 11,869; Festus Ebea: PDP – 11,615
‎‎
Igueben:
Justin Okoloboh: APC – 8,140; Eriata Odiana: PDP – 6,944

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/12/apc-loses-edo-rescheduled-senatorial-election-clears-state-assembly/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
By this result, PDP wins 2 out of the 3 Senatorial seats in Edo state.

Despite the heavy loss in the State Assembly results, I congratulate the PDP in Edo State for this feat. Winners should ensure that they deliver on their election promises.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kosovo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Edo PDP didn't canvass for votes like they did in the National Assembly which they swept.

I guess it wasn't important, since there are gpoing to remove whoever Oshiomole appoints as his successor with the ballot next year.

The governor shared 2 million to each ward in the state from intelligence report on my palm.

The biggest looser is Samson Osagie who was a PDP member all through his political career, only to decamp to APC, called a saint. Yet, the people answered him with their PVC's.

I particularly, like what happened to the short man, it would make people sit up, knowing people no longer judge on party lines but on personalities and leadership qualities.

Nigeria is still far from votes that appear on party lines, because the two strongest parties in Nigeria do not have a clear cut ideology yet.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by D9ty7(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
And I won't be suprised if the winners from PDP decamps to APC before long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kosovo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
D9ty7:
And I won't be suprised if the winners from PDP decamps to APC before long.

The guys who won are not Atiku Abubakar, they have the PDP in their DNA and Oshiomole is aware. wink

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by D9ty7(m): 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

The guys who won are not Atiku Abubakar, they have the PDP in their DNA and Oshiomole is aware. wink
Don't say I didn't tell you. No politician has a party blood in them. If Obj could dump the PDP, if Saraki could dump the PDP, then nothing impossible. Remember, this is Nigeria

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:
Edo PDP didn't canvass for votes like they did in the National Assembly which they swept.

I guess it wasn't important, since there were to remove whoever Oshiomole appoints as his successor with the ballot next year.

The governor shared 2 million to each ward in the state from intelligence report on my palm.

The biggest looser is Samson Osagie who was a PDP member all through his political career, only to decamp to APC, called a saint. Yet, the people answered him with their PVC's.

I particularly, like what happened to short man, it would make people sit up, knowing people no longer judge on party lines but on personalities and leadership qualities.

Nigeria is still far from votes that appear on party lines, because the two strongest parties in Nigeria do not have a clear cut ideology yet.
I think PdP in Édo didn't do much mobÍlisation for the State legislative election unlike the NASS where they only lost 3 Reps and One Senate to APC. Probably they are gearing up for 2016 Governorship election to wrestle power from Governor Adams and APC. The NASS result shows that PDP is very popular in Edo State and Oshiomole is not as popular as the media make him to be. I can't wait for the Governorship contest.

Recal that APC won two Seats in Senate in 2011 leaving PDP with one. Now the table has turned...

Where is Mogidi?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kosovo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
I think PdP in Édo didn't do much mobÍlisation for the State legislative election unlike the NASS where they only lost 3 Reps and One Senate to APC. Probably they are gearing up for 2016 Governorship election to wrestle power from Governor Adams and APC. The NASS result shows that PDP is very popular in Edo State and Oshiomole is not as popular as the media make him to be. I can't wait for the Governorship contest.

Recal that APC won two Seats in Senate in 2011 leaving PDP with one. Now the table has turned...

Where is Mogidi?

Spot on. Nice analysis and exactly what my permutations arrived at.

9 Likes

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

Spot on. Nice analysis and exactly what my permutations arrived at.
If you analyse the 3 Reps and one Senate that APC won, you will see a very tight contest. Compare that with those won by the PDP, you will see a relatively large margin(though not very large). What PDP need to do is to deploy the missiles in their arsenal to prove to Edo that they have nothing to fear and they could trust them the more. May God spare our lives to witness the 2016 Edo Governorship contest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by ionsman: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

I guess it wasn't important, since there are gpoing to remove whoever Oshiomole appoints as his successor with the ballot next year.

I particularly, like what happened to the short man, it would make people sit up, knowing people no longer judge on party lines but on personalities and leadership qualities.

When I tell you and barcanista that you dont know anything about Edo politics,it will be as if I just wanna talk.You think its just about typing thrash here?
A Pdp bigwig,boasted to my dad(a very close friend to pally iriase) that they were well prepared for oshiomhole. That they wanted to deal with him By sweeping the federal seats and then WINNING THE MAJORITY SEATS IN THE H.O.A.He said they had plans to start impeachment procedures by august if their plans came to fruition. So, young men,they were well prepared but oshiomhole knew what was before him. The money sharing aspect is very correct.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by sammyj: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
Great Oshi baba, the PDP senators will surely negotiate and decamp to APC as soon as the coast is clear fro them since PDP is a sinking ship !!!! grin grin

SAI Change !!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kosovo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
If you analyse the 3 Reps and one Senate that APC won, you will see a very tight contest. Compare that with those won by the PDP, you will see a relatively large margin(though not very large). What PDP need to do is to deploy the missiles in their arsenal to prove to Edo that they have nothing to fear and they could trust them the more. May God spare our lives to witness the 2016 Edo Governorship contest.

Edo has decided. A governor who governs with reckless abandon and excessive impunity cannot be allowed to appoint a successor.

7 Likes

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
ionsman:

When I tell you and barcanista that you dont know anything about Edo politics,it will be as if I just wanna talk.You think its just about typing thrash here?
A Pdp bigwig,boasted to my dad(a very close friend to pally iriase) that they were well prepared for oshiomhole. That they wanted to deal with him By sweeping the federal seats and then WINNING THE MAJORITY SEATS IN THE H.O.A.He said they had plans to start impeachment procedures by august if their plans came to fruition. So, young men,they were well prepared but oshiomhole knew what was before him. The money sharing aspect is very correct.
PDP won majority of Reps, with ÀPC winning just 3. PDP won 2 Senate leaving 1 to APC(2011 reverse). APC sweep the EDSHoA seats. THe PDP has the most important(NASS majority) while the APC enjoys SHA majority and Governor seat. The battle for 2016 is just kicking off. Like I pointed out in one thread, PdP will takeover the Government House in Benin.

May God Spare our lives

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

Edo has decided. A governor who governs with reckless abandon and excessive impunity cannot be allowed to appoint a successor.

Edo people are likÉ Riverians and Deltans. No Governor can sit down to appoint his successor. He must pass the test of the electorate and whoever will succeed will first get endorsement of the electorate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by ionsman: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
PDP won majority of Reps, with ÀPC winning just 3. PDP won 2 Senate leaving 1 to APC(2011 reverse). APC sweep the EDSHoA seats. THe PDP has the most important(NASS majority) while the APC enjoys SHA majority and Governor seat. The battle for 2016 is just kicking off. Like I pointed out in one thread, PdP will takeover the Government House in Benin.

May God Spare our lives
Amen He will.We dey watch. cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
I only pity the state for losing that seat to someone else. Samsom Osagie made marks in the Edo State House of Assembly and the House of Representatives.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by donphilopus: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
By this result, PDP wins 2 out of the 3 Senatorial seats in Edo state.

Despite the heavy loss in the State Assembly results, I congratulate the PDP in Edo State for this feat. Winners should ensure that they deliver on their election promises.

I thought you said PDP would clear all the seats in Edo State and win the Governorship come 2016. The reason Samson Osagie lost is that his other name is "Mr Only Me One". He has been an active lawmaker since 1999. From EDHA to House of Reps, so they want him to go take a rest. If APC had fielded another better candidate, he would have won. PDP doesn't stand a chance in Edo come 2016!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
donphilopus:

I thought you said PDP would clear all the seats in Edo State and win the Governorship come 2016. The reason Samson Osagie lost is that his other name is "Mr Only Me One". He has been an active lawmaker since 1999. From EDHA to House of Reps, so they want him to go take a rest. If APC had fielded another better candidate, he would have won. PDP doesn't stand a chance in Edo come 2016!
When did I tell you that? Guy learn to keep to your vow to ignore me and stop making foolish assumption in d name of quoting me.

I never asked for your opinion btw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by donphilopus: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

You're such a pathological liar. Thank God you were the one that reported Osagie alongside Obahiagbon's defection on Nairaland sometimes in 2010, www.nairaland.com/446312/hon-patrick-obahiagbon-hon-samson You're trynna make it look like he just defected to the APC. He defected to the then APC before the merger!

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
ionsman:

Amen He will.We dey watch. cheesy
have you seen Mogidi? I guess he's somewhere celebrating. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by donphilopus: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
When did I tell you that? Guy learn to keep to your vow to ignore me and stop making foolish assumption in d name of quoting me.

I never asked for your opinion btw

When did I tell you I would ignore you? You expect me to see you spew balderdash about my state and keep watching like a 'dundee'?! Until you have the power to start asking for people's opinion on a public forum, I wouldn't stop quoting you (if there's any need)!

4 Likes

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kosovo(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
donphilopus:

You're such a pathological liar. Thank God you were the one that reported Osagie alongside Obahiagbon's defection on Nairaland sometimes in 2010, www.nairaland.com/446312/hon-patrick-obahiagbon-hon-samson You're trynna make it look like he just defected to the APC. He defected to the then APC before the merger!

Seems you just learned the words "pathological liar" .. I can't see anywhere where I placed the year he decamped. The point is that he decamped! Period. Now, get a life!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by RichDad1(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Change!!!!
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
So INEC go dey waste money dey conduct double election ni?
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by kidakute: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
DAT GUD TO KNW.FRNT PAGE TO SURE
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
haba
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by ademoladeji(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
APC noni!
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by 1stola: 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ok.
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Chrisx1x(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
J
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Kenrichest: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
I guess the Power-Pack of the PDP to win in the presidential and NASS elections was that the money came from the Federal government. Now they found out that the Federal is been crushed by APC. Since that is the case, no one want to waste his/her won money for elections since their source of money had been overtaken by APC. Then still wise o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by picaso77: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

how much did the PDP shared to each ward in the state from the intelligence report in your head?
Re: APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
kosovo:

That's if the PDP continue to exist. To be a strong opposition party in Nigeria rebranding is a necessity and with that comes change of name

APC is new in name because it has changed name over the years - AD, AC, ACN, CPC, APC (ACN + CPC = APC)

So don't be suprised if in 5 years time there is no party called PDP

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Suspends Deputy Governor, Directors For Fraud / The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Balogun Fire Scene (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.