Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won (25739 Views)

Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Reasons Why Ajimobi Won In Oyo State / OYO 2015: Ajimobi Won, But The Majority Lost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by veraponpo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:
As a rebuttal to this topic www.nairaland.com/2252397/oyo-state-governorship-result-majority that made frontpage this morning, I want you'll to know that majority of ajimobis supporters are not so vocal and aggressive. We are the so called elites/middle class.

Ajimobi as a governor never transacted with thugs and riff raffs right from the inception of his government which has been the characteristics of previous governments. That's why he has been able to quell the notorious security situation of the state which was very prominent in the days of Adedibu and PDP.

Previous governors were just political jobbers who depended on "sharing" the money and sponsoring political thugs throughout their tenure without achieving anything tangible.

This is where the "Ajimobi's" difference comes into play. We the middle class/elites have enjoyed maximum peace and relative infrastructural development which has been the hallmark of his administration. We definitely won't be able to benefit from the "share the money syndrome" because we are mostly reserved and law abiding people with high moral values.

It can also be deduced from the final results collated that instead of the popular opposition parties to bury their pride and form an alliance, they instead succeeded in sharing their votes amongst each other, thereby making a headway for the APC candidate.

I hereby reiterate that those that are complaining about Ajimobi's win are the local thugs and riff raffs who has been used to the "share the money syndrome" and have benefited financially from public disruptions and toutish tendencies from previous administrations. They are obviously more vocal and aggressive in displaying their discontentment.

We need peace and progress in Oyo State. Thanks

***from a Bonafide Omo Ibadan***

Ajimobi is the type of leader that Oyo State needs. A reasonable gentleman who has deep support for Peace and tranquillity.

He has achieved a lot within the shortest time possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Joeself1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
irep the largest city in west Africa....

k'oyo Leda.....Ajumose gbogbo wa ni!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by jaybee3(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
Awa omo Ibadan
Brap brap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by ImBae(f): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
I totally agree with this post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by bodejohn(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
There is no taking away the fact that Ajimobi has won the elections and will be the governor of the state for another 4years...

I will however differ on some of the points you made. It is common knowledge that the elites do not vote during elections.

You also should not say that only riff raffs are complaining or angered by his win. Every winner should be magnanimous and we all should work together and move the state forward.

Campaigns are now over, we should not over celebrate or taunt the people who lost...there is so much to be done in the next four years...

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
veraponpo:

Ajimobi is the type of leader that Oyo State needs. A reasonable gentleman who has deep support for Peace and tranquillity.

He has achieved a lot within the shortest time possible.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Alawiye4all:
I totally agree.
Alawiye from New York City,original omo Saki
Where for New York city
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by DeRay98(m): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Very logical...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by james809: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
nice post...#TeamChange

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by benjichuks(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Logical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by hammedah01: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by benjichuks(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
I'm not in Oyo neither do I stay there, but developing the state seem to be the political strategy of the APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by seyih2(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Thank you very much OP. Also the people that detest Ajimobi's governance are mostly the market women, who are bittered with the fact that he rejected their trading on roadsides and he ordered the evacuation of their shops that are built under tension lines.
Other people are Ogbomosho people who will rather support their son at the detriment of the state development.
The thugs and stomach infrastructure subscribers are also his major critics. All they want is a governor that will share the state resources and at the end will contribute nothing to the state development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by LydayBobo(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
God bless you my brother from another mother. I took my time to explain to all to see the difference. Most times if I board commercial vehicles but only few reason. My take is we should consolidate on this by moving closer. Am based in the east though but I followed the news. I was privileged to be at function in Ibadan when the Gov was asked to ban Okada and his response amazed me. He said police should do their job on cubing crime than asking for their ban. He said majority of those akada man were family man and responsible. He said he would rather collect 50naira for tax to provide good inter street roads for them. Things will never be the same again. The country is moving forward positively

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Olaone1: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
Rubbish undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
not4sure:
OP. God will bless you. Before the election i used to have problem with my sister about This Ajimobi. Reason is that he was not love in Ibadan and the only crime against this man was Ibadan don't serve people twice and he ask people to leave the street. Most of road have been expanded in Ibadan, Transportation has been relatively improved, when I read the the first thread I wish i could ask him to give out crime of Ajimobi and you will discover is money related

From all the candidate that contest in 2015 election in Nigeria, only in Ibadan has highest contender because most of them were political jobbers, Ajimobi closest rival Ladoja suppose to have look for a young chap like Femi Lalehin but he just want to be the governor at all cost. Imagine United APC fighting Divided PDP. People can easily know the winner

Bro, thanks for this rejoinder. His only "so called crime" was relocating people from the streets which was absolutely necessary at the time cos Ibadan was already tagged as the dirtiest city in Nigeria back then.

He has transformed that dirty image with his very effective enviromental sanitation reforms and his strict prohibition of pasting posters and billboards anywhere, anyhow. Its only Omo ale of ibadan that won't appreciate the Ajimobis difference. The man has really tried.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by mufutau55(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ipledge:
Where for New York city

@ Alawiye4All Please tell us oh!..

@Ipledge, Saki West and Saki East (Actually all Oke-Ogun LG) for APC.

And I am the original Omo Okere from NYC.

Vice-President - Oke-Ogun Progressive Assoication in USA
General Secretary - Saki Patriotic Association in USA.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by ThisMeansWAR: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
I concur 95%

The only angle I didn't concur is saying anyone that didnot support ajimobi is a thug.
My mum is pensioneer and doesn't like a ajimobi cos he didn't pay her pension.

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Dexema(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Say no to Amala politics.
Oyo state same as Nigeria as a whole needs quality leaders.
Sai Ajimobi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by adioolayi(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
I rep...Ibadan Southwest...Our votes count!
#LetGoodWorkContinues

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
mufutau55:

@ Alawiye4All Please tell us oh!..

@Ipledge, Saki West and Saki East (Actually all Oke-Ogun LG) for APC.

And I am the original Omo Okere from NYC.

Vice-President - Oke-Ogun Progressive Assoication in USA
General Secretary - Saki Patritotices Association in USA.

Hajji M.
Thats very cool

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by aribs(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Having worked with Akala directly during my time in government between 2007-2011, I would boldly say Ajimobi is a better administrator , the kind of administrator the state has been yearning for for years. If one has any iota of patriotism and love for country, one will never wish to live under the terrible era Oyo was under Baba Adedibu and Otunba Akala nor wish it ever happens again. Even as part of the PDP led government, I was so tired of the impunity that I had to resign and relocate abroad to resuscitate my legal career after being emotionally drained from swimming against the tide of oppression back then. Ajimobi may not be perfect but its a step in the right direction. good performance should always be rewarded. I visited Ibadan recently and I was quite impressed with what I saw. I would think it's important to continue to encourage the governor to continue to impress with his good performance and consolidate on what has already been achieved. Ipinle Oyo o ni daru.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:
As a rebuttal to this topic www.nairaland.com/2252397/oyo-state-governorship-result-majority that made frontpage this morning, I want you'll to know that majority of ajimobis supporters are not so vocal and aggressive. We are the so called elites/middle class.

Ajimobi as a governor never transacted with thugs and riff raffs right from the inception of his government which has been the characteristics of previous governments. That's why he has been able to quell the notorious security situation of the state which was very prominent in the days of Adedibu and PDP.

Previous governors were just political jobbers who depended on "sharing" the money and sponsoring political thugs throughout their tenure without achieving anything tangible.

This is where the "Ajimobi's" difference comes into play. We the middle class/elites have enjoyed maximum peace and relative infrastructural development which has been the hallmark of his administration. We definitely won't be able to benefit from the "share the money syndrome" because we are mostly reserved and law abiding people with high moral values.

It can also be deduced from the final results collated that instead of the popular opposition parties to bury their pride and form an alliance, they instead succeeded in sharing their votes amongst each other, thereby making a headway for the APC candidate.

I hereby reiterate that those that are complaining about Ajimobi's win are the local thugs and riff raffs who has been used to the "share the money syndrome" and have benefited financially from public disruptions and toutish tendencies from previous administrations. They are obviously more vocal and aggressive in displaying their discontentment.

We need peace and progress in Oyo State. Thanks

***from a Bonafide Omo Ibadan***

Your lackluster and ineffective Governor won reelection simply because the populace didn't have better selection. He was simply the best of the worst.

I am also a confirmed Omo Ibadan and schooled in the USA like him. I hold him to a higher benchmark because of this.

Good enough is for horses courses.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by bashydemy(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
@OP i concur with you 99%, I base in cotonou and can you imagine some illustrates here are running to Ibadan to vote for Ladoja and i ask them what's the offence of Ajimobi and they said he is not sharing money... I know i will see them tonight they have return to cotonou we meet at catfish joint.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

Bro, thanks for this rejoinder. His only "so called crime" was relocating people from the streets which was absolutely necessary at the time cos Ibadan was already tagged as the dirtiest city in Nigeria back then.

He has transformed that dirty image with his very effective enviromental sanitation reforms and his strict prohibition of pasting posters and billboards anywhere, anyhow. Its only Omo ale of ibadan that won't appreciate the Ajimobis difference. The man has really tried.

And only "Omo Ti Onfi Owo Osi Juwe Ile Baba Re" that will not want his own city to be better.

Someone else can do a better job.

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
This is just the fact. I mean , I would have preferred Seyi Makinde because he is also enlightened. Ajimobi should continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by stinggy(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
penzino:
Mixed Feelings about his victory. ...

No mixed feelings bro. Civil servants, artisans, retirees, transporters (bikers included), students - no one seems to be happy on his re-election angry

We waited patiently for the 2nd term jinx to be broken, only to be broken by an unworthy man, an embodiment of fraud. It's painful!

No thanks to Akala who weakened Ladoja's chance. Posterity will roundly deal with the enemies of my state.

Gutted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by dsenator: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
You have no right to refer to people that are not happy about ajimobi's win as local thugs and riff Raffs as they are entitled to their opinion. Ajimobi as you rightly said put an end to incessant thuggery and hooliganism that we used to witness in the state during the past administrations before he came on board but the fact remains that he has not delivered in the aspect of education in the state as we still have more than 100 pupils in some classes sitting on bare floor and the welfare of the teachers are not well taken care of eitherHe has not paid February salary to teachers and the pensioners are being owed up to 7 months of salary claiming that the former administration before him embezzled their money.How long would he take to find a solution to this problem?He his a man that said he was owing no worker no dime by which time he was owing them 3 month salary. He his a man that has done 30% and now believes he is the best performing governor in Nigeria.There is a very big room for improvement and I strongly advise that he should do more this time around and talk less.

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
CityNG:

Your lackluster and ineffective Governor won reelection simply because the populace didn't have better selection. He was simply the best of the worst.

I am also a confirmed Omo Ibadan and schooled in the USA like him. I hold him to a higher benchmark because of this.

Good enough is for horses courses.

I guess u lived most of your life in US then, so you won't be able to adequately compare between his administration and the previous ones.

Remember, most of his strongest contenders are from previous administrations. If I should rate the previous administrations an average 20% overall on all indices, the Ajimobi's will unarguably take 60%.

Talk of sanitation, security, transportation, infrastructural developments, which has contributed directly to the influx of local and foreign investors, he is by far the best of the bunch.

Remember that the shoprites, shopping malls, about 4 cinemas and counting, the lounges and nite clubs, the upgraded agodi gardens, equisite eateries like KFC and so on were all made possible cos of the provision of a secure and enabling environment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
CityNG:

And only "Omo Ti Onfi Owo Osi Juwe Ile Baba Re" that will not want his own city to be better.

Someone else can do a better job.

Why didn't u contest, are u telling me ladoja and akala will do a better job? And also don't tell me u believe teslim folarin or seyi makinde stood a chance?
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
O sorire u av said it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
You are so very right. You are a true omo ibadan. Peace is very well welcomed when it ought to be but an insecured environment will chase people and investors away. Ajimobi has done justice to that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

35 Political Parties Join Obaseki’s Campaign ‘train’ / Buhari To Meet With APC Presidential Hopefuls Tonight / Ali Modu-Sheriff, Fayose, At Wike's Thanksgiving Service In Rivers State (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.