Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand (46190 Views)

Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know / The Only 10 Types Of Games Nigerian Gamers Should Play !!! / Ibadan Gamers Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kingklent:
do you play world at arms

no I don't
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
masseratti:
I don't quite agree with the op on what you wrote up there most gamers like me can afford the console pay Internet bills monthly but I hardly see any reason to play online the Internet speed is crap here in naija,apart from Nepa or PHCN can't be a barrier when your are playing, there are ups, inverter or I pass my neighbour Gen at least, those should take care of your power issues.Stereo type?nah not in this country, most gamers are actually very good academically, plus not all are nerds,alot of blokes in Naija are gamers and they are very good.

Mtn's speed is decent @3mbps (megabits) but a lil too expensive. Even glo is manageable but only at midnight @1mbps(megabits). Running gen etc is extra cost. I usually have to subscribe about 3times a month for mtn@2500naira each.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by lordthree(m): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
lolu20:
i play video games like 5 days in a week.and i have six gfs.no prostitute
6 gfs? your pocket must be ripped lool, how do you cope

on topic, i bought the gta five game and i wanted to update the online mode only for it to get to 2gb then NEPA takes light this happened four other times. also when i was at 85% of playing gta while saving nepa took light, corrupted my saved data had to start from scratch

and to those calling gamers nerds yes we are!!! we think faster than you, call us geniuses.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
swagifted:
Me I like video games very well...but consoies appears to be expensive to maintain..I mean...5 high end PS4 games could be running you into 15-20k times 5...du the math...am thinking of building my own gaming PC ...since internet is still lagging in nigeria...will just rely on campaign modes...and if u understand video game anatomy u will notice that PC is the ultimate...PS4 and Xbox one have limited hardware components...can't wait for my 16GB Ram beast...hooked up to my 4K sony TV(lawwd)...GTA 5 and project cars go suffer o!

Yeah, it's thru that games on consoles are expensive compared to pcs where you can just download or buy cheap games. I got ma 360 for 30k (fairly used) and buy games for 4k each (I have about 8. ). I mostly play multiplayer using mtn 4.5gig for 2500naira. Of course its not enuf, u might end up subscribing 2ice in a month. But the speed is good enuf for online gaming.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
My only grief is buying a game on steam.. and waiting forever for it to down load.. just bought half life collection at a cheap price but damn Internet cost is killing my vibe..
Until when 100gb = 5k... then we will be happy.. guys drop your steam ids..
Need friends to play unreal tournament with grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
That your number one is peculiar to all gamers. But the internet thing is the most important I rember when I bought my xbox one from jumia last december quite cheap but when I switched on console and tried signing in to Xbox live I had a compulsory 9.6gb update. Buh its up and running now anytime to upate comes I just go to a freinds place and do the update. Live its the single largest money drainer due to internet connection.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
“See this agbaya! Your mates are getting married with children and you are playing cartoon!”.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Got Battlefield 3 after playing call of duty for a long time. Anybody that tells me that battlefield is better than COD, thunder!!! Am talking about multiplayer mode.
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by cao(f): 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
gj22:
Got Battlefield 3 after playing call of duty for a long time. Anybody that tells me that battlefield is better than COD, thunder!!! Am talking about multiplayer mode.
There's a thread for that, go there - https://www.nairaland.com/2239026/call-duty-vs-battlefield-which
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by Nellybii: 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Lol the number 2 Fifa online player in the world is on my bbm list and has challenged me countless times but cos of internet speed, I can't accept that challenge..... plus.....the player is Female!!!..... I should now get schooled by a girl?!!!...on Fifa?!!!..... no excuse I give would hold water o.

Am a FIFA guy right from FIFA 11 now I play FIFA 15 .Two problems I face are power and internet. I have a strong UPS.that lasts me long enough to start my generator and change over in case of power failure but still I face the music.sometimes. Imagine running up and down to solve your power problems whilst your opponent ia sitting comfortably in his bedroom in America. You are half beaten already.
I use a modem which I have connected via a LAN cable to my PS3. I have secured the fastest and most stable 3G network in my area. This still ends up being so unstable and unreliable. Sometimes I feel so bad being a Nigerian.
So difficult to compete in this global village..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
That your number one is peculiar to all gamers. But the internet thing is the most important I rember when I bought my xbox one from jumia last december quite cheap but when I switched on console and tried signing in to Xbox live I had a compulsory 9.6gb update. Buh its up and running now anytime to upate comes I just go to a freinds place and do the update. Live its the single largest money drainer due to internet connection.

9.6gig? Was it a brand new Xbox? Slim or phat? Am on live too, mainly play COD and BF. I usually buy live subscription from g2a(.)com, far cheaper than microsoft's. What Internet plan do you use?

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
look at what glo is doing to me .,.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
kishimi8:

Lol. Ditch glo for mtn. More expensive but that's what I did for better service. Mtn's speed is 2ice glo's

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
yeah mtn speed is nice but i recently got a crazy etisalat sim that lets me download for free ,.., at speeds mtn wont dream of

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
gj22:

9.6gig? Was it a brand new Xbox? Slim or phat? Am on live too, mainly play COD and BF. I usually buy live subscription from g2a(.)com, far cheaper than microsoft's. What Internet plan do you use?
Swift yes brand new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by cao(f): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
kishimi8:
Pele...next time I complain about Virgin Media acting s***ty, I shall remember this picture and just patiently wait.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by ernecy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chaai!!!! PHCN na bad belle

Make I continue my Assasin creedd iv, black flag

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by sammieblaize: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
I use spectranet for my online games o! Veryy fast COD GTA V and skyrim

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
cao:

Pele...next time I complain about Virgin Media acting s***ty, I shall remember this picture and just patiently wait.

just checked your blog.,., got some interesting posts.,., terror muda okada man the game .., very funny,.,.
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by zeongeon: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
I love video games especially action/adventure games filled with puzzles..what most pple don't know Is that games actually exercise ur brain, it gives ur brain a good workout..cause some games before u beat a level u really have to be smart, calculating and one step ahead of mr computer.

Playing games like tomb raider 2&3 back then in secondary school boosted my reasoning skills...tomb raider puzzles and soul reaver puzzles na die and it even built my patience, persistence and perseverance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by zeongeon: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
mack111:
Of course its immature. Get it straight, games don't pay bills.
neither chasing girls who u spend all ur time and money on and still may not bang at d end of d day or going from one bar to another..Games are for matured minds..some games even make u better at strategy and planning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
zeongeon:

I love video games especially action/adventure games filled with puzzles..what most pple don't know Is that games actually exercise ur brain, it gives ur brain a good workout..cause some games before u beat a level u really have to be smart, calculating and one step ahead of mr computer.

Playing games like tomb raider 2&3 back then in secondary bursted my reasoning skills...tomb raider puzzles and soul reaver puzzles na die and it even built my patience, persistence and perseverance.

True that. I usually play games while coding else I sleep off (na midnight we dey see light for my area). It also helps me think.

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
hmm
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by Vyntra(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
light no be issue 4 my area,na Internet,imagine updating my pes 15 data pack which is 2gb total take me 4 hour very slow!!,I dare anybody to play pes 2012 top player,semi-assisted 2 bars of pass assistance,dats d toughest Ever makes fifa 15 feels like beginner,whipped Barcelona 4-0 legendary

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by gj22(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
kishimi8:
yeah mtn speed is nice but i recently got a crazy etisalat sim that lets me download for free ,.., at speeds mtn wont dream of

Hmm, how is that? I need data badly, some of my games need updates.
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
gj22:
The best multi-player game so far na halo and unreal

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by Vyntra(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
gj22:

Hmm, how is that? I need data badly, some of my games need updates.

haven't they block dat Etisalat tin,last week?
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by HyDef(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Who cares what all you haters think about gamers? I game, and I love it. I'm a medical student and I play video games. Doesn't mean that I had to dissolve my lifestyle down. And frankly, what you think won't stop me.

In almost any hobby, you have people who pursue it in the excessive. People who watch TV all day. People who talk and gossip with friends all day. People who are on the Web all day. People who play games all day. That doesn't mean all are defined by the extremes.

It's really about what you like and not giving a damn about what anyone else thinks.

Anyway. I played Dying Light the other day.... I'll probably be scarred for life... Off topic, but still. smiley

No. 4 reminds me of how I had a PS2 without a memory card, and how I played The Force Unleashed probably 50+ times before finally beating the game beginning to end. That was a beautiful accomplishment. All thanks to our beautiful power supply.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by swagifted(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Saddam:
Spectranet internet is Good For online Gaming
du u game with it on console or PC? And it does not lag? And lemme guess u r in lagos

1 Like

Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by kishimi8(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Vyntra:

haven't they block dat Etisalat tin,last week?
mine worked the last time i checked,.., will check it tonight to verify
Re: 5 Issues Only Nigerian Gamers Understand by HyDef(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Viciyus:

The best multi-player game so far na halo and unreal

I agree with Halo.

Halo 2 I had on my beautiful loyal Xbox. Still working too. Me and my brothers would scream and laugh and shout and jump around when playing. An amazing game. Even if it was past midnight, a well timed kill would have my younger brother screaming.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The 21 Year Old Nigerian Who Made Millions Playing FIFA Games / Which Among These Android Games Is Your Most Favorite? (Graphic Photos) / Abuja Ps4 Game Swap/sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.