Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:48 PM

Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows (1772 Views)

LCD Monitor For Sale / It's The Sharp Touchscreen LCD Monitor / Get A Ful High Grade Pentium4 Computer With Lcd Monitor Jus 20k Cal 07065731957 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by shinysmrt: 1:38am On Jan 29, 2009
hi,
i bought this 17" flat screen monitor: mercury 1760TWK and it was ok when i started using it. but then after 4 days, i started noticing white shadows to the right of everything on the screen. so i took it back to the shop i bought it, they tested it and it was very clear - no shadows, but when i got back home and connected it, the shadows were back! could this be some sort of electrical interference or what?
there are no speakers beside it, and it's connected to a printer and a starcomms phone. it's also not close to the wall, so i'm confused.
pls any ideas?
BTW it's a VGA cable
Re: Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by shinysmrt: 2:15am On Jan 31, 2009
pls any ideas?

i really need to sort this out.
Re: Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by sojioguns(m): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2009
When you say flat screen I want to assume it is an LCD monitor. Magnetic fields dont affect them. What graphics card are you using and what are your display settings? resolution and refresh rate.
When it was tested in the shop, did u use your own system?
Re: Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by shinysmrt: 12:31am On Feb 02, 2009
thanx for the reply and yes it's an LCD monitor.
i'm using an S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (86c420) video adapter. the screen resolution is 800x600 pixels, color quality is Highest (32bit), the screen refresh rate is 60 Hertz and the DPI setting is Normal size (96 DPI). when i tested it in the shop, they used their system not my own system.
Re: Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by sojioguns(m): 7:09am On Feb 02, 2009
From your system specs, I think the 800 X 600 resolution is very low. Maybe the monitor cannot handle such resolutions very well.
Most new LCD monitors have this "auto" button that does an auto configuration. Look for it and press it.
Re: Lcd Monitor Showing White Shadows by shinysmrt: 12:21am On Feb 03, 2009
i pressed the auto button and its still the same. also the resolution is still 800X600.

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Id Card / Cd / Passport Printer With 230 Pcs Cards At 57,500 / Best Multifunctional Photocopier For Business Center 2019 / Excellent Condition US Used Laptops--Abuja...... SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.