Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja (37991 Views)

Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria / Fayose After The Fresh FM Challenge In Ibadan (photo) / Attack On Innocent Citizens By Fulani Herdsmen ( Graphic.pic ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by lalasticlala(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
The U.S. Secretary of State, Mr John Kerry, has predicted that the new government in Nigeria might face the challenge of protecting its citizens against terrorism threats. Kerry made the assertion in a statement by the African Regional Media Hub of the United States Department of State on Tuesday in Lagos. The statement quoted Kerry as making the prediction after signing a Memorandum of Cooperation to support disease control and prevention in Africa with the African Union (AU) in Washington D.C.

“One of the principal challenges facing the new government in Abuja will be that of protecting Nigerian citizens from the terrorism threat. “The U.S. endorses the effort by the AU and its partners to establish a multinational taskforce to halt Boko Haram’s campaign within and beyond Nigeria’s borders.

“We will also continue generally to help African governments to improve their counter-terrorism and border security capabilities,’’ it stated. The statement expressed the U.S. government’s commitment to promoting cordial relationships with African countries. It added that the government had learnt that diplomatic and peacekeeping initiatives in Africa work best when they were African-led.

“And there are opportunities and challenges at the same time. “In recent years, we have learned that diplomatic and peacemaking initiatives in Africa work best when they are African-led. “But the U.S. and the broader international community can still help and we are prepared to do so,’’ the statement added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/u-s-predicts-challenge-in-protecting-nigerian-citizens/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by jaybee3(m): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
US again angry angry angry angry

Oh i gerrit.. They are trying to scare us into an agreement where they had be able to create/hold a base in Naija.

Make dem park well jor!

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Pita99(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Definitely they will have Challenges but we are optimistic the new Government will Counter those Challenges. Hopefully they wont be as Clueless as the Previous government grin grin

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by SeverusSnape(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
Can these people leave us alone for once?
Though I'm not a Buhari loyalist, But Uncle Sam should let us be, Let's see what Buhari has to offer. I'm gradually becoming wary of Uncle Sam(U.S)

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin chai american government no go kill person with laughter,what do they really want from nigeria??

mensdept:
Good for Nigerians
See who you don vote for...grandpa
Your hatred for buhari is not as useless as your lack of common sense.....

barcanista:
they forced GeJ out to get their way, let's see how Buhari handles them. SS is watching... cool
I trust you,i know you will be talking nonsense as usual,What forced GEJ out from office is his cluelessness,bad governance and the bad advisers around him!!!very soon you will blame american government for the reason why you have not eaten since morning.grin

Only a fool will give an excuse for failure -nelson mandela...

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by iyatrustee(f): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
The way USA and the western world suddenly wants to be involved in the affairs of Nigeria is disturbing oh angry

I just hope they have not found in GMB a puppet

37 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by mensdept: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
Good for Nigerians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by abduljabbar4(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
America made so many failed predictions about Nigeria so no problem.
If Jonathan realized that he is the president 6 weeks away from election and we had such improvement, imagine what someone who knows that he is the president before getting sworn in would do

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by godgiftedigbe: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
MOVEMENT FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE NIGER DELTA INDIGENES (MOSUNDI) and our brethren from the SOUTH EAST are
now ready for self determination.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by jaybee3(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
iyatrustee:
The way USA and the western world suddenly wants to be involved in the affairs of Nigeria is disturbing oh angry

We definitely need joint collaboration to effectively fight off terrorism

I think they've found a new ally in GMB but it's obvious they can't be trusted

GMB ain't no fool though

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by abduljabbar4(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
mensdept:
Good for Nigerians

So did the Rambo protect us?
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by dunkem21(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
The owners of Nigeria has spoken grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Mayour11(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
They should leave us alone now
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by ozoigbondu: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
America should shut up and face Russia and ISIS angry

18 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by agoadiv(m): 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
[/color]Are u challenging the general?[color=#006600]
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by agarawu23(m): 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
I see a new Nigeria

my country ppl Nigeria will be better again. don't know why I hate to hear US interfering in our palavasad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by theV0ice: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
The title isn't doing any justice to the body of the write up. see this from the post

“One of the principal challenges facing the new government in Abuja will be that of protecting Nigerian citizens from the terrorism threat. “The U.S. endorses the effort by the AU and its partners to establish a multinational taskforce to halt Boko Haram’s campaign within and beyond Nigeria’s borders......''

This is obviously a continuum of what we are currently experiencing and even the dead know BH hasn't made any promise to stop bombing on May 29th. Even Buhari acknowledges that and it is an important part of his campaign message

Lalasticlala is trying to draw views grin

It's allowed

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
iyatrustee:

they forced GeJ out to get their way, let's see how Buhari handles them. SS is watching... cool

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
They only see doom coming for African countries. embarassedThey only see doom coming for African countries.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by MEILYN(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Take UncleSam's predictions at your own peril. I thought they said by 2015 Nigeria would divide? Ohhhhh, No?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by dunkem21(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
ozoigbondu:
America should shut up and face Russia and ISIS angry

Even when they are instrumental in installing a new government in Nigeria They should award INEC another certificate joor grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by seunfly: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ok
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by MEILYN(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
iyatrustee:

You are calling a General a puppet? The way you people see Buhari amuses me most times. Don't hope it, Buhari can never be a puppet. A low ranked military man behaves as if he is the oga at the top, talk more of an Ex General.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by PassingShot(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
There shall surely be numerous challenges but with collective will we shall overcome.

Buhari has proven many times not to be a man of weak heart

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by jaybee3(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
How did they force GEJ out?

Did they export Aliens that voted GEJ out?

Why do people always blame other people for their own woes?

It always pays to reflect on own performance before laying blames on others!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by PassingShot(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:

Chai, na wa for you o.

Try to contribute to discussions constructively. Perhaps you'll regain a part of your lost glory.

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

How did they force GEJ out?

Did they export Aliens that voted GEJ out?

Why do people always blame other people for their own woes?

It always pays to reflect on own performance before laying blames on others!
Not everyone is ignorant of the politics that was played. Let's leave it at that and anticipate buhari's government.

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by PassingShot(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
abduljabbar4:
America made so many failed predictions about Nigeria so no problem.
If Jonathan realized that he is the president 6 weeks away from election and we had such improvement, imagine what someone who knows that he is the president before getting sworn in would do

Exactly.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by jaybee3(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
Not everyone is ignorant of the politics that was played. Let's leave it at that and anticipate buhari's government.
Absolutely no point making a bold claim without substantiating it with evidence

Please educate us on the politics that was deployed by US and played out by the electorates to push GEJ out

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Misogynist2014(m): 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
This country should mind its own business, what is the correlation that exists btw Nigeria and US? They think they can just meddle into issues which is not their business.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai: Buhari Will Give Me A Job If I Lose / Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity / $182m Halliburton Scandal: Buhari Orders Preparation Of Case-file

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.