Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? (38929 Views)

Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
If I were a guy I won't have anything to do with a single mother.
1st they are the unlucky ones whom the society frowns on as per being a biatch
2ndly they are not d smarter ones, I hate stewpid Pple
3rdly they always put their frustration and blame on d next guy
4thly the guy wud b a victim of an unknown circumstances

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Toks2008(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

No
I have seen it
Witnessed it
People I know and around me don't discriminate

those pple are probably foreigners n not Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
steppin:

Looks like you're a single mother.
Congrats!

And is that some sort of life threatening disease?
undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Fairgodwin(m): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
donnypool:

Ain't you a guy? Why not marry one and advise your friends, relatives etc to do same. In fact, your dad can get another wife and do the same. Do as you preach, lead by example

I only share [in] the plight of such women and brother, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Toks2008:

those pple are probably foreigners n not Nigerians.

You wrong
Like I said
You attract your likes
Having a child and single is nothing
Even some of our ancestors married single mothers
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Toks2008(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Meanwhile 'after one' is better than 'after nothing', at least it shows their fertility and that their reproductive organs have not been bastardized with postinors and all whatnot undecided , as a man how are you sure that lady who's not a virgin has not committed abortions and thereby tamper with natural womb settings?

very true but unfortunately guys apreciate a single lady without a child even if her womb have been destroyed by series of abortions than a super fertile lady who unfortunately had a child outta wedlock because she was decent and Godly enough to keep the pregnancy.

wat a twisted world

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Fourwinds: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Getting married as a single mother is challenging because.....

I seriously don't know what to say
Sorry op cheesy cheesy
read thru d tread. I have given some points to d problem. Single girls needs to be careful before marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by steppin: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

And is that some sort of life threatening disease?
undecided undecided
Did ever say that?
Unless, of course, you're reading meanings into it.
How is she?
Hope she's fine? I'd love to see her pic.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
netmillionaires:

and what make u believed that she didn't try to abort the baby but failed. Or what makes U believed that it is not the fear of losing her life that make her not to rather than the will to keep the pregnancy.
Yes! Love is important. But that's if U love her b4 getting to know she already have an issue. The fact that she failed to tell me in the first instance is enough reason to backout because I will be wondering what else is she still keeping away from me. I can't speak for others, but as for me I can't toll that line again. Never!
Because I av seen lots of people who tried abortion yet the pregnancy continue to boom
well said friend. Single mothers are a no go area for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by sukkot: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
if she is a mom why is she looking for man ? abeg go and look after ya kid. that in itself is full time work. you dont need a man anymore tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by zeusdgrt(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Getting married as a single mother is challenging because.....

I seriously don't know what to say
Sorry op cheesy cheesy
Strange!how will U do a job and don't get paid but yet claim it to be the best job?well hungry neva wire U sha
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by steppin: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
sexyseun:
If I were a guy I won't have anything to do with a single mother.
1st they are the unlucky ones whom the society frowns on as per being a biatch
2ndly they are not d smarter ones, I hate stewpid Pple
3rdly they always put their frustration and blame on d next guy
4thly the guy wud b a victim of an unknown circumstances
Huh?
I can't believe a lady said this.
Dyt, come o!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
steppin:

Did ever say that?
Unless, of course, you're reading meanings into it.
How is she?
Hope she's fine? I'd love to see her pic.

Who's she?
And where did you ever read Dyt is single?
I am by far taken
I got an adorable son to show for it
And even if I become single today, I will get men over and over
I am a lioness and we don't lack

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
steppin:

Huh?
I can't believe a lady said this.
Dyt, come o!

I read it
That's the type of people around her
Its obvious
Isn't she bitter?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
Who says its hard to get suitors?
cheesy cheesy
They keep rolling in in triple folds
U attract what u want biko
I know lots of single mums that men are pleading to marry them
Even singles never get that kain attention
Bikonu speak for yourself alone
Its no freaking challenge
Accept me with my baggage or take a long walk
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
You come online con dey make mouth. Thats always easy sha.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by baba11(m): 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
I can't think of someone who's not in tandem with me to marry.....

If I haven't married let alone bearing child, why would I go for someone like that?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Fourwinds: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

*rolls eyes*
undecided undecided
what he said is true. Plenty men are not ready for marriage. Some are being coerce into it. One thing i have seen about girls is.... Dey think more of wedding Dan marriage itself. Even d struggling couples spends huge money on wedding and after dat either certain money will be pay back or d man has to borrow to kick d home moving before dey stabilize. Perform a wedding as u can. If it is #50000, #10000m,#200000 and so on

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by steppin: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

Who's she?
And where did you ever read Dyt is single?
I am by far taken
I got an adorable son to show for it
And even if I become single today, I will get men over and over
I am a lioness and we don't lack
Ok o! Allow single mums to defend themselves.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fourwinds:
what he said is true. Plenty men are not ready for marriage. Some are being coerce into it. One thing i have seen about girls is.... Dey think more of wedding Dan marriage itself. Even d struggling couples spends huge money on wedding and after dat either certain money will be pay back or d man has to borrow to kick d home moving before dey stabilize. Perform a wedding as u can. If it is #50000, #10000m,#200000 and so on

undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
steppin:

Ok o! Allow single mums to defend themselves.

Ofcus
I am defending
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fairgodwin:

I only share [in] the plight of such women and brother, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I agree with you, but you mention the word "society" now, who is the society if not we humans and other animals. Who are the men in question if not you and I? If you did not or will not marry a single mom, who are you expecting to marry them?. Leave people with their decision. Sire

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

You come online con dey make mouth. Thats always easy sha.

You don't know me
So keep it where it is
Thank you
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by donciccio: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind

by your comment I guess ure one so trying to psyche yourself up is a good idea but playing reverse psychology won't pay.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by AJORE(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
Wedon:

So it's better to marry an abortionist than a single mother?

Isn't that hypocrisy of the highest order? undecided
95% of women do went through abortion direct or indirect.... ( Known and unknown )
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by bimbor(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
ziqqz:
In summary:

1. Worn-out bodies after birth in many cases. For example, they lose much sensation on their nipples after bre.ast-feeding; bre.asts fall out of shape and become saggy; down there opens up real wide after a child's head tears through (from being as tight as a ring to becoming as open as a bangle...feel me?; stretch marks go yakpa! etc.

2. It's usually too difficult to take her child(ren) as your own and love them the way she would want. Frictions usually arise because her child(ren) find it hard to also love the new so-called father. Consequently, the woman usually finds herself having to take sides between child(ren) and new mugu husband.

3. Why on God's green earth would any reasonable dude wanna take on the extra baggage when there are too many single, standing- bre.asted, tighter pvssy (maybe even virgins!), and virtuous ladies out there?

4. Single mothers, IMHO, abeg shift jhoor... If you no take second-hand husbands like you, na una sabi!

You also forget that after your wife's first childbirth she qualifies for all your above qualities. Will you divorce her then or you will tell her not to breastfeed because you want her breast to remain standing? Every woman will eventually give birth to children, and the husbands still keep loving them. So what makes the case of the single mother special and abnormal?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by donciccio: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

*rolls eyes*
undecided undecided

that's it.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
donciccio:

by your comment I guess ure one so trying to psyche yourself up is a good idea but playing reverse psychology won't pay.

I didn't notice where I asked for pity either directly or indirectly
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by longestjohn: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmmmmm

Learn about importation for freee
Goto

Www.importnoww..com
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
bimbor:

You also forget that after your wife's first childbirth she qualifies for all your above qualities. Will you divorce her then or you will tell her not to breastfeed because you want her breast to remain standing? Every woman will eventually give birth to children, and the husbands still keep loving them. So what makes the case of the single mother special and abnormal?

Haba nooo nau... That would be my wife, of my own choosing, who is guaranteed my unconditional love and who I will forever see the way I saw her when we first met.
And even if/when these "qualities" catch up with her, at least I'll know that I'm responsible for it.
It's worlds apart from the case of a single mother whose history I'll have no idea of and whose heart will forever be part-owned by some other dude(s).
Catch my drift?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by redcliff: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

We have a talk when you grow up

Even when i "grow up" i dont want to come across you.. bye...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
redcliff:

Even when i "grow up" i dont want to come across you.. bye...

You will remember me someday young man
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by opecis: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Duh!!!

No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind

[color=#990000][/color]Are u really sure these men PLEADING are not widowers or divorcee cause we are talking about SINGLE(tear-rubber) men here
[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage / Nkechi Opara Missing. Please Notify If You See This Missing Lady! / What Kids Did When Dad Told Them He Didn't Have Money To Buy Them Juice (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.