Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (45115 Views)

Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Can Claim On Your Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by ednut1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
how many of you are guilty of this grin, i once lied about this, i was to resume on monday so i spent the entire sunday at my friends house so he could teach me, but on resumption day as i was being trained on some Pricing calculation for mining, i began to look for calculator, my oga was like when you have excel wat are u doing with that, there is no room for primitive pple here angry

111 Likes 18 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin We all seem to be guilty. I once lied during an interview I'm proficient in excel.

Fortunately for me, the only question I was asked was the only thing I know when it comes to carrying out calculations on excel. grin

The question was, "how do you perform addition on an excel sheet"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by davide470(m): 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lol. Am guilty of this. Once at an interview, they started asking me Adv. Excel Questions, i was just smiling.. embarassed

Now, they should come and try!! grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by singlefade25(f): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
Guilty
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by ElDeeVee(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
VERY GUILTY

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Evergreen4(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Guilty as charged

2 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Kylez(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Not guilty grin cool

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Sweetguy25: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
LmaO. As a financial modeller, excel is an app I can't do Without. Almost 90 percent of Nigerian graduates cannot use excel properly. Its not really a friendly app like the other in the office suite but I see it as the most important.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by kachnov(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
Most people confuse basic understanding of a software with being proficient.
It happens when you suffer from "Orubebe" of the mind.
grin

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by UnknownT: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
LOL! I had an interview in Prodeco Onne. The Indian Engineer needed someone, so he asked me if I know Excel, I told him yes. So he wrote down some mathematics( I don forget) and asked me can I solve it using excel with a pen, I wrote something down, he asked me if I was sure, I told him yes that he can bring his system lemme show him. We went to his system, I tried what I wrote, it didn't work. The right formula entered my brain immediately and I followed it and arrived at the answer.
He will get back to me and till now, I am still waiting (this happened in 2013)
grin

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Abduletudaye(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin cheesy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by loomer: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
No be small something
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Dyt(f): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by efilefun(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
lmao
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by vickylois(f): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
F
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by jamillion: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
cool
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Houseofglam7(f): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Alfred200825(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
not guilty
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by kilokeys(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
stll lie about it sha grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by yurme(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lol
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Abduletudaye(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
chax100:
Lol. Your Olodo tie wrapper. grin

Issalie cheesy.. Him olodo no wear pata.. angry.. grin

2 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Pebcak: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin grin
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by yuzjet(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
I could remember vividly. During my IT days with one foaming company, the Production Manager had to report with Excel format with some advanced graphical excel report.

Since he didn't know it, I approached him, showed him how excel is used, he was so surprised. Even the Indian man who he'll report to wasn't that good with excel. Had to teach them both. Thanks to Cisco!

Anytime, I see both of them, always feeling like a bozz. U know nah!.... grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by folabayo1(f): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Everybody lies as long as its goin to fetch u somtin good and no one is harm in ur doing so
No big deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Agimor(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Do it yourself.
Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by Ilekeh(f): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pele.

Next time, tell them that you're a fast learner.

2 Likes

Re: When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel by tolustx(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lol. Very funny.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! / Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.