Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony (8036 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever?

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Mega2010(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
And what if you die before he's sworn in?

52 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by dulaman: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mega2010:
And what if you die before he's sworn in?
thanks. was about saying same thing

18 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Flets: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever?

His deputy will be sworn in and life goes on

7 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Godmother(f): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:

If he dies GEJ will get sworn in cos he's the candidate with votes a smuch as Bubu
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by bokohalal(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
bokohalal:
Buhari won the election under APC. APC still gets to provide the incoming president as they deem fit as in, (1)the vice taking over ,
(2) regionalism or
(3)any other manner the party stipulates.
In a nutshell, it is APC's business.

8 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by temitemi1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
GEJ retain the post cool cool cool. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Cholls(m): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
my brother your lecturers mind is dirty and wicked ah ah.

14 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Beesluv: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmmm, you'l keep wondering till he clocks 120 years

Is that what PDP is planning?

16 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.

the problem will be if his cancer incapacitates him without killing him GEJ will still hand over to buhari thus making osinbade de-facto president with right to rule for twelve years
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenka(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
What if your father dies in his sleep tonight, who's next in line to inherit the poverty?? Please I just need clarifications.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
omenka:
What if your father dies in his sleep tonight, who's next in line to inherit the poverty?? Please I just need clarifications.

don't derail
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by bokohalal(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Buhari won the election under APC. APC still gets to provide the incoming president as they deem fit as in, (1)the vice taking over ,
(2) regionalism or

9 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by KanwuliaJara: 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
Was that not the plan? grin
Muchechecheche
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by graciousme(f): 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
What kind of yeye wicked question is this? Your mind must be dirty!! If he was your relative would you wish him death?

9 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ojuoluwani(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
What if all ur family member perish before bond over date?

13 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ojuoluwani(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
What if all ur family member perish before bond over date? Nuisance!
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:

If you die before then, the handing over celebration will still continue.

12 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ retain the post cool cool cool. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Campaign is over Robot!!!

21 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Wsdm: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
Why are some people finding it difficult to believe that Buhari is the president -elect and will rule over them till Allah knows when?
Some questions truly portrays the inner thought of some people.
Sorry that you may have to answer this too;What if GEJ dies before May 29?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:

Sai Buhari.

Tell you lecturer that in Nigeria, we vote for party not individual. Did you see Buhari's name on the ballot paper on the day of the election?

27 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by AUTOCRATIC(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
The bible said 'the human mind is evil'......but my advice for you,wish on to others what u wish them oon to u.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by webincomeplus(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
bokohalal:
(2) regionalism or
Don't mind the goofs, including the st.u.pid lecturer who doesn't know jack about Nigerian laws. To think an opposition party would replace a deceased elected candidate is even senseless.

Nigerian lecturers teaching their students bullsh.it since 1972AD.

EDIT:

darlenese:

I think u should do ur findings instead of insulting others!
If Buhari dies before the swearing in, GEJ is the 2nd candidate with the highest vote so he takes the seat of the President, but if buhari dies after the swearing in, Osinbanjo takes over as President and appoint his vice.
There no need insulting anyone, you can get your fact from the constitution.
I reject Death for the President-elect IJN

So, you quickly concluded that I didn't do my findings before posting? Below is an excerpt from the Nigerian constitution. Read it and then tell me where you got your own facts from (note the colored):

136. (1) If a person duly elected as President dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is for any reason whatsoever unable to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Vice-President shall be sworn in as President and he shall nominate a new Vice-President who shall be appointed by the President with the approval by a simple majority of the National Assembly at a joint sitting.

(2) Where the persons duly elected as President and Vice President die or are unable for any reason whatsoever to assume office before the inauguration of the National Assembly, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall immediately conduct an election for a President and the Vice-President.

Here's a link to the Nigerian constitution, so you can see for yourself (136): http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

youngpol:
See this retardd who didn't even finish secondary skul is calling my lecturer stu.pid, smh. Seen the constitution lately? Read it. And then come say something with your brains not ur immature balls.
I can see your lecturer has infected you with his stupidity. And the earlier you realize that lecturers are not always right, the better for your brain. See the relevant part of the Nigerian constitution I quoted above, then show it to your lecturer. Then tell him in Fela's voice, "Teacher don't teach me nonsense!"

Last bullet: Nigerians arguing blindly since time immemorial.

18 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
webincomeplus:

Don't mind the goofs, including the st.u.pid lecturer who doesn't know jack about Nigerian laws. To think an opposition party would replace a deceased elected candidate is even senseless.

Nigerian lecturers teaching their students bullsh.it since 1972AD.

Who is elected? the candidate or the party?

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by nedu666: 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
why will he die. why should he die. i dont want him to die at all. in fact if he attempts to die, i will wake him up. i want him to leave and deliver this change he has been shouting. i must witness this change whether positive or negative.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by xlnc2324: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:

Why you no go kill am? Enemy of progress. Who knows you might even die before the general.
GMB shall finish what he started by God's mighty grace.

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by webincomeplus(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
omenalfa:

Who is elected? the candidate or the party?
You didn't get my point. I was only agreeing with the guy who said the whole decision remains with the party (APC). And I was blasting the ignorant goofs who in their dreams expect GEJ to carry on.

Well, to answer your question directly, the party was voted. The party fielded the candidate who won, and the same party will be required to provide a replacement if the unexpected happens to the candidate who actually won. The opposition isn't in the picture at all. So, whether or not Buhari dies before May 29, GEJ won't stay a day longer.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
Oga Jona is gone forever

He ain't coming back

We swept him away with our broom broom brooom
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
wordcat:

Tell you lecturer that in Nigeria, we vote for party not individual. Did you see Buhari's name on the ballot paper on the day of the election?
He's a lawyer.. He knows the constitution. He quoted the position of the law on such matter. When last did you flip through the pages of the Nigerian Constitution?
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
Come May 29th 2015, General Muhammadu Buhari retd will be sworn in as President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He will fulfil his mandate.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ddaammyy(f): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Why are some Nigerians sooooo demonic? Just asking though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Avoid Scandal, House Moves To Pass Budget openly / Kola Balogun: APC Not A Threat To PDP, Makinde’s Reelection / Picture Of A Black Child As A Zoo Attraction In Belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.