Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. (5523 Views)

Why Does Jesus Convert Muslims To Christianity And Not Christians To Islam ? / Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin / It's Clear. Jesus Is Not Coming Back Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Esdb3: 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
This may come as a surprise to some people. But yes Catholics are not christians. Some people especially muslims use the works of the catholic crusaders to represent violent terrors by 'christians'. Sorry you are wrong, catholics are just catholics. The fact that they broke the number 2 commandment is enough reason. The command states that "thou shall not bow down to any graven image representing anything in heaven or on earth. They bow down to statues.

Another reason is they don't obey the most important commandment that states "thou shalt have no other God before me".
They worship mary or they pray to her rather. These are reasons enough, to disprove their credibility as 'christians'.

So please the POPE is not well for me, the christian leader. And the crooked islamists should stop terming their actions as on behalf of christians.

And also their doctrine of 'father' not marrying is baseless arguably.

Now seun why can muslims quote christians without taking oaths but christians can't?? It is not good o. Islam oppresses us in the real world and here again?!!! On a site created by a christian??!! Hmmmm. This world is not our home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by kay1one2(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Most of the fundamental ideologies behind Catholicism go against basic Christian doctrine. That's why the reformation by Martin Luther began in the about 15th century which eventually gave birth to the Protestant church which I was born into. Catholicism persecuted the body of Christ in its early days leading to a period called the dark ages about 500ad during which time, somewhere in arabia, islam sprung up. They withheld Bibles from the general populace and tortured believers as well.
It has undergone some reformation as in the charismatic movement lately but can do more!
I've always said it that Mary didn't do anything special to be chosen by God to birth Jesus but was rather "highly favoured of God" as recorded in the Scriptures. She obeyed the law but I'm certain many other girls her age did too!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by basisop(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
Okay, we don hear.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by An2elect2(f): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
catholics are not Christians, they are catholics.

They do not represent Christ or uphold the teachings of the scriptures they claim to have preserved.

It is heresy for the catholic cult to call itself the first church. And to say it has sole authority to what Christians should know ( which is the truth) is mind boggling and outrightly arrogant. What blasphemy! The catholic cult is a big joke.

I was a catholic. And i thank God for that.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by illiad: 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nobody is a Christian.
Not even Jesus.

Religion of any kind is the creation of man.

There is God but after that nothing else.

4 Likes

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Moderators...pls can u delete dis thread pls? Religious tolerance is wat we preach...OP, ur entitle to ur opinion, but creating a thread abt bash Catholics is unnecessary.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
An2elect2:
catholics are not Christians, they are catholics.

They do not represent Christ or uphold the teachings of the scriptures they claim to have preserved.

It is heresy for the catholic cult to call itself the first church. And to say it has sole authority to what Christians should know ( which is the truth) is mind boggling and outrightly arrogant. What blasphemy! The catholic cult is a big joke.

I was a catholic. And i thank God for that.

Yawns.... We've heard that times without number... But it still won't change the truth glaring at your face...

4 Likes

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by An2elect2(f): 7:46am On Apr 15, 2015
Rich4god:

Yawns.... We've heard that times without number... But it still won't change the truth glaring at your face...

There is no truth in the catholic institution. The lie that it is the first church is what they use to keep their members bound in delusion.

Wake up, Jesus said he is the way, the truth and the life, no one can go to the Father but by him John 14: 6

The scriptures says expressly that there is no name giving under heaven by which men can be saved except the name of Jesus. Acts 4:12

You don't need the priest or clergy man to interpret that for you. It is as clear as night and day.

Only Jesus can save. Look to Him alone and be saved.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by An2elect2(f): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Moderators...pls can u delete dis thread pls? Religious tolerance is wat we preach...OP, ur entitle to ur opinion, but creating a thread abt bash Catholics is unnecessary.

Are you not aware that the wisdom that comes from above is first of all pure, then peaceful, gentle, yielding to truth... James 3:17. What you are calling for is false peace guised as tolerance and the scriptures calls your kind ministers of satan for even the devil transforms himself into an angel of light to deceive the flock.

If you think the catholic institution has been misrepresented, go ahead and say it and support your claim with the undiluted word of God.

Thank you.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2015
An2elect2:

There is no truth in the catholic institution. The lie that it is the first church is what they use to keep their members bound in delusion.

Wake up, Jesus said he is the way, the truth and the life, no one can go to the Father but by him John 14: 6

The scriptures says expressly that there is no name giving under heaven by which men can be saved except the name of Jesus. Acts 4:12

You don't need the priest or clergy man to interpret that for you. It is as clear as night and day.

Only Jesus can save. Look to Him alone and be saved.
Plz point t to me the one catholic doctrine that says Jesus cannot save....
Remember, I asked you some question in one thread like that, you didn't answer me, even when I quoted your name on it.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by An2elect2(f): 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rich4god:

Plz point t to me the one catholic doctrine that says Jesus cannot save....
Remember, I asked you some question in one thread like that, you didn't answer me, even when I quoted your name on it.

eh i didnt answer you? sorry er pele. Can you ask it again?

Ok, one of the teachings of the catholic institution is that there is no salvation outside it. True or false?

It says Mary is a co saviour.True or false?

Pls read the bible verses i cited again and tell, if they are talking of a saviour or THE saviour.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok, one of the teachings of the catholic institution is that there is no salvation outside it. True or false?

Pls read the bible verses i cited again and tell, if they are talking of a saviour or THE saviour.

First question is false.... The way you interpreted it is not what the church meant.
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/what-no-salvation-outside-the-church-means

Second question is false.... The church only point out the role of Mary in Christ's mission on earth and never said she is a co saviour.

http://bustedhalo.com/questionbox/do-catholics-believe-that-mary-is-the-co-savior-of-the-world
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
An2elect2:

I want you to tell me which is the first church.... What happened to the church during the medieval ages.... Where is the church now...?

Also, why is it that churches founded by the apostles outside the holy land are in communion with catholic even though they differ in some way...eg is the church of Ethiopia.... Let me stop here for now.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Deyemiola(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
I think we Christians put too much energy in judging each other.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:
This may come as a surprise to some people. But yes Catholics are not christians. Some people especially muslims use the works of the catholic crusaders to represent violent terrors by 'christians'. Sorry you are wrong, catholics are just catholics. The fact that they broke the number 2 commandment is enough reason. The command states that "thou shall not bow down to any graven image representing anything in heaven or on earth. They bow down to statues.

Another reason is they don't obey the most important commandment that states "thou shalt have no other God before me".
They worship mary or they pray to her rather. These are reasons enough, to disprove their credibility as 'christians'.

So please the POPE is not well for me, the christian leader. And the crooked islamists should stop terming their actions as on behalf of christians.

Now seun why can muslims quote christians without taking oaths but christians can't?? It is not good o. Islam oppresses us in the real world and here again?!!! On a site created by a christian??!! Hmmmm. This world is not our home.
So the Catholic soldiers who died at Lepanto, at Malta, at Vienna, at Constantinople, at Antioch, at Jerusalem etc trying to save Christianity from jihad are not Christians and you are? SMH. Do you think if Europe had fallen to Islam in the Middle Ages there would have been any Protestant to protest any Catholic Church? About the Mary worship thing and breaking the second commandment i will not bother responding to those absurd allegations.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 16, 2015
kay1one2:
Most of the fundamental ideologies behind Catholicism go against basic Christian doctrine. That's why the reformation by Martin Luther began in the about 15th century which eventually gave birth to the Protestant church which I was born into. Catholicism persecuted the body of Christ in its early days leading to a period called the dark ages about 500ad during which time, somewhere in arabia, islam sprung up. They withheld Bibles from the general populace and tortured believers as well.
It has undergone some reformation as in the charismatic movement lately but can do more!
I've always said it that Mary didn't do anything special to be chosen by God to birth Jesus but was rather "highly favoured of God" as recorded in the Scriptures. She obeyed the law but I'm certain many other girls her age did too!
Which Christians were persecuted "during the dark ages around 500 AD?" Can you name them for us please? Also which Bibles were withheld from the laity around 500 AD? I didn't know they had printing presses back then! I am sure you dont know that it took St Jerome, for example, 18 years to translate the Bible from Greek to Latin. Because everything was done by hand by Catholic monks who spend their entire lifetimes writing Bibles. But some Protestants see no need to be grateful to these Catholics. Now listen to what Martin Luther whom you idolise says about Mary:
No woman is like you. You
are more than Eve or Sarah,
blessed above all nobility,
wisdom, and sanctity.
(Sermon, Feast of the
Visitation, 1537)
More:
[She is the] highest
woman and the noblest gem
in Christianity after Christ . .
. She is nobility, wisdom, and
holiness personified. We can
never honor her enough. Still
honor and praise must be
given to her in such a way as
to injure neither Christ nor
the Scriptures.
(Sermon, Christmas, 1531)
More:
The Virgin Mary remains in
the middle between Christ
and humankind. For in the
very moment he was
conceived and lived, he was
full of grace. All other human
beings are without grace,
both in the first and second
conception. But the Virgin
Mary, though without grace
in the first conception, was
full of grace in the second …
whereas other human beings
are conceived in sin, in soul
as well as in body, and Christ
was conceived without sin in
soul as well as in body, the
Virgin Mary was conceived in
body without grace but in
soul full of grace. (H. George
Anderson, 238.)

I could paste many more such Luther quotes.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Rich4god:

I want you to tell me which is the first church.... What happened to the church during the medieval ages.... Where is the church now...?

Also, why is it that churches founded by the apostles outside the holy land are in communion with catholic even though they differ in some way...eg is the church of Ethiopia.... Let me stop here for now.
I wouldn't bother myself with An2elect2. Have ever been on that Matt Slick website CARM? The kind of people you find there are like An2elect2 in their attitudes towards the Catholic Church. And to An2elect2 i don't mean to be uncharitable so forgive me for singling you out.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by PastorOluT(m): 7:12am On Apr 16, 2015
Papist:

Which Christians were persecuted "during the dark ages around 500 AD?" Can you name them for us please? Also which Bibles were withheld from the laity around 500 AD? I didn't know they had printing presses back then! I am sure you dont know that it took St Jerome, for example, 18 years to translate the Bible from Greek to Latin. Because everything was done by hand by Catholic monks who spend their entire lifetimes writing Bibles. But some Protestants see no need to be grateful to these Catholics. Now listen to what Martin Luther whom you idolise says about Mary:
wisdom, and sanctity.
(Sermon, Feast of the
Visitation, 1537)
More:
[She is the] highest
honor and praise must be
the Scriptures.
More:
very moment he was
Anderson, 238.)

Smile, this shows the insincerity of the Roman catholic. When did he say these things, was it before or after he broke away from Roman catholic?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by tartar9(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2015
Ifeann odemoo…sanctus so you guys aren't xtians

1 Like

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by kay1one2(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2015
Papist:

wisdom, and sanctity.
(Sermon, Feast of the
Visitation, 1537)
More:
[She is the] highest
honor and praise must be
the Scriptures.
More:
very moment he was
Anderson, 238.)

You do know why the reformation began right?! The inquisition which I'm sure you've heard about was carried out by the Catholic church to rid spain of jews and "witches". The roman Catholic church withheld Bibles prior to the reformation, that's why Matin Luther had to translate the Bible from latin to german during his lifetime to make it more available to the populace.
Please lets not even go to the wealth gap between the popes of those days like George and the people and their purported links to even the mafioso.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2015
PastorOluT:

Smile, this shows the insincerity of the Roman catholic. When did he say these things, was it before or after he broke away from Roman catholic?
He said all this and more, after becoming a Protestant. Should I give you more Protestant Luther quotes?
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Ifeann(f): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2015
Esdb3:

Apparently u have several issues with ur post.. U don't have ur "facts" right.
1. seun is not a Christian
2. The Islamic section is necessary to avoid fatwas and death threats
3. Catholics don't worship Mary
4. The crusades was neccesary..if u have studied it you will know that Muslims were murdering whole Christian communities in their jihadist quest to dominate the world, Spain, Byzantine, turkey, etc all fell to blood thrist Muslims, Spain was liberated thanks to the crusades and Spaniards went on later to discover America.
5. The "no marriage" practise is in the bible, its a sacrifice that u make if u are ready to make it.. Jesus, Paul and several disciplines died without marrying. Paul even said in one of his letter that u can go unmmarried to serve God if u can cope but if u can't then marry as soon as u can

But u are right about something, any Catholic or protestant christian who bows to status, or persons or fears his preists or pastors more than God is not worthy to be called a christian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2015
kay1one2:

You do know why the reformation began right?! The inquisition which I'm sure you've heard about was carried out by the Catholic church to rid spain of jews and "witches". The roman Catholic church withheld Bibles prior to the reformation, that's why Matin Luther had to translate the Bible from latin to german during his lifetime to make it more available to the populace.
Please lets not even go to the wealth gap between the popes of those days like George and the people and their purported links to even the mafioso.
So you can't name any of those born again Christians who were persecuted by the Catholic Church in the dark ages? And for your information the English Protestants murdered way more Catholics than the whole Spanish inquisition. Also the first German bible was not translated by Luther. All he did in his translation was add the word *faith only* to Romans. So your whole argument is a fail.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by kay1one2(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2015
Papist:

So you can't name any of those born again Christians who were persecuted by the Catholic Church in the dark ages? And for your information the English Protestants murdered way more Catholics than the whole Spanish inquisition. Also the first German bible was not translated by Luther. All he did in his translation was add the word *faith only* to Romans. So your whole argument is a fail.

Maybe you should go amd read foxe's book of matyrs and find the names out yourself. Hiding behind me mentioning names of people who lived in 600ad is not convincing one bit!
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Ifeann(f): 11:16am On Apr 16, 2015
kay1one2:

Maybe you should go amd read foxe's book of matyrs and find the names out yourself. Hiding behind me mentioning names of people who lived in 600ad is not convincing one bit!

Kay and papist u guys need to chill.. Tho dialogue is necessary but ur tones are very confrontational.

Protestants and Catholics are doing great works today. In the past there has been "naughty" deeds by both parties, the Catholics have a long complex history, some which is not nice eg, a hand full of evil popes, wars, inquisitions but Christianity owes a lot to the Good Catholics who have done a lot of Good through the ages.
Let's not forget visionary men like Martin Luther who fought hard to translate the bible, hence bringing the word of God closer to the people despite resistance from the then pope, let's not forget William tindale who was murdered for his effort to translate the bible.

Today, universally, Catholics have consistently and firmly stood against homosexuality, abortion and capital punishment in line with the Bible. While several fractions of protestants/pentecostals have buckled to pressure and accepted them.
Catholics have consistently emphasised salvation while several protestants teach almost entirely on prosperity, miracle healing etc Venerating saints to the point of having status of them is wrong but Catholics do it.

Humans are consistently imperfect and hence we shall always fall short but pointing fingers and disparaging other effort making Christians is wrong be it catholic or protestant.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2015
kay1one2:

lolz... Its funny how you guys accuse the catholics yet neglecting your own loopholes...
Talking about the wealth of the pope... You guys have forgotten that the pope is a title giving to a man in that office... Hence is has no claim to the wealth of the papal office. Even if that office is the richest on earth, it belongs to an institution and not to the one man called " pope"..... Can same be said of all these pastors flying around in private jets.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Rich4god(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2015
Am viewing some one special....
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by kay1one2(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2015
Rich4god:

lolz... Its funny how you guys accuse the catholics yet neglecting your own loopholes...
Talking about the wealth of the pope... You guys have forgotten that the pope is a title giving to a man in that office... Hence is has no claim to the wealth of the papal office. Even if that office is the richest on earth, it belongs to an institution and not to the one man called " pope"..... Can same be said of all these pastors flying around in private jets.

The wealth gap between the popes and the populace was so bad it inflamed the embers of the reformation! So bad! The church needed a reformation and it got it mainly because most of the policies of the catholic church then were not founded on the Bible. E.g saying the communion was the exact body and blood of Jesus and purgatory and that people could pay fees to have the priest or pope cleanse them from their sins!
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by SalC: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2015
PastorOluT:

Isn't it surprising you don't know Luther isn't against honouring Mary and even preached her immaculate conception even as a protestant?
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by SalC: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Rich4god:
Am viewing some one special....
As you view, don't forget to answer my question on our home thread smiley
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by SalC: 11:46am On Apr 16, 2015
kay1one2:

The wealth gap between the popes and the populace was so bad it inflamed the embers of the reformation! So bad! The church needed a reformation and it got it mainly because most of the policies of the catholic church then were not founded on the Bible. E.g saying the communion was the exact body and blood of Jesus and purgatory and that people could pay fees to have the priest or pope cleanse them from their sins!
Hmmm

On the contrary, saying the communion is the actual body of Christ is biblical except you are ready to show me where the bible said it's a mere symbol.

The Church preaches purgatory which I also believe in from the Bible

Maybe you should study more about that fee collection ish, was it a church teaching or dogma or was it a form of corruption by some priests.
Re: Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2015
If the verse "by their works ye shall know them" is anything to go by, Catholics are the ONLY good Christians. (Well JW are nice too). They build free or cheap schools, hospitals, orphanages. And their priests; among whom I have had a few friends; eschew avarice, wealth and greed, and tend to concentrate on the poor masses, rather than ingratiate themselves with rich church members. They also undergo rigorous decade long training in theology, languages and philosophy among other classic arts and sciences, before qualifying to minister, unlike the self-acclaimed former armed robbers; as the new generation pastors like to claim; who undergo a week of mushroom training at some backyard 'bible school'; and are then let loose like ravening wolves upon a gullible flock.
I am a neutral, but going by works and character, the Catholics have my thumbs up by a loooong mile. Of course, as a Muslim, I believe all are wrong, theology wise.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? / Can a Christian go to The Mosque? / If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.