Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi (54708 Views)

Shocking Facts About Governor Oshiomole In Pictures / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 15, 2015
There have being many lies being peddled about amaechi. this thread is meant to expose some truths that people seem to have forgotten

1 AMECHI was suspended from PDP and did not decamp by himself

The Peoples Democratic Party has suspended the Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, from the party.

The PDP stated this after an emergency meeting of its National Working Committee on Monday.

Mr. Amaechi was recently elected chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum against the wish of the PDP.

Get the communique below.
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF AN EMERGENCY MEETING OF THE NATIONAL
WORKING COMMITTEE OF THE PDP ON MONDAY, MAY 27, 2013.

The National Working Committee at its emergency meeting on Monday, 27
May, 2013 considered the petition submitted by the PDP Rivers Executive
Committee against His Excellency, Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the
Executive Governor of Rivers State for violating Articles 58 1 (b), (c
), (h) and (m) of the PDP Constitution following his refusal to obey the
lawful directive of the Rivers State Executive Committee to rescind his
decision dissolving the elected Executive Council of Obiokpor Local
Government Area of Rivers State.

2. PEJ started the fight when she lambasted Amechi at Okrika because he wanted to build a school for her people.

The First Lady’s two-day visit to Rivers State ended in a fiasco yesterday.

All was well, until Dame Patience Jonathan and her chief host, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi got to Okrika – the First Lady’s home town.

The governor was explaining by video his school project in Okrika, saying there must be demolition of some buildings to have space for the schools.

Mrs Jonathan cut in, grabbed the microphone and said the governor should reconsider the way he was going about the demolition. An attempt by Amaechi to explain the situation sent the First Lady boiling.

She shouted at Amaechi: "Listen!, you must listen to me!"

The governor was embarrassed, like a scolded school pupil. The audience hailed Mrs Jonathan, goading the First Lady on.

The President’s wife, however, described land as a serious issue in Okrika and told Amaechi to always avoid "must" when talking about waterfronts’ demolition. The governor never mentioned "waterfronts", but Mrs. Jonathan went on: "I want you to get me clear. I am from here (Okrika). I know the problems of my people. So, I know what I am talking. I do not want us to go into crises. We are preaching peace and we must maintain peace at any time. https://www.nairaland.com/502873/first-lady-scolds-governor-public

3. PDP party structure was taken from Amechi and replaced with Wike and PEJ loyalist

Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi has suffered a major political setback as the state executive of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) backed by the governor, but led by Chief Godspower Akeh, was Monday removed by an Abuja High Court presided over by Justice Ishaq Bello.

Justice Bello approved the election of a parallel executive of a faction loyal to the Minister of State for Education, Nyeson Wike. The faction is led by Felix Obuah.

Based on the ruling, the PDP political leadership in Rivers State has effectively been yanked from Amaechi and transferred to Wike.

Obuah had gone to court to challenge the election of Akeh, who was elected chairman of the state executive organ of PDP in February 2011.

The faction had alleged that the election that brought in Akeh and his executive members was not democratically conducted.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-suffers-setback-as-court-sacks-rivers-pdp-exco/145040/
https://www.nairaland.com/1258893/court-sacks-rivers-pdp-exco

4. Soku Oil wells and many others was ceded to bayelsa during GEJ's regime and amaechi challenged this.

“Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth”, he said.

https://www.nairaland.com/1533509/amaechi-joined-apc-interest-protect

5. Monorails the world over cost a lot of money to build. Take the hitachi moneyrail for instance, built in 2006 that cost $73.4 million/km

if Portharcourt 2.6 monorail is viewed in this instance, it would cost about $200million to finish.

http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/HowMuch.html

More facts to come up as the thread advances.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by donsmall94(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2015
My political mentor, I just like him.
Well first to comment no dey move me.
I'm as calm as Amaechi when asked about Jonathan fate to quit ASO ROCK.smiley

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by galadima77(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2015
na dem sabi

modified: am on front page sha....no be big deal but i dey feel myself die!!!

4 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Caseless: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2015
SS can never find any man loved outside their region as Amaechi.

They keep making him a hero in our eyes.

Amaechi stand for the truth. He's our hero!

That fat okirika cow should expect wike to come after her in the few months he's going to spend in the office before the court sends him packing.

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 15, 2015
cc

lalasticlala seun Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji, OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2015
below are the breakdown of his achievements.

Roads/Flyovers/Bridges
Aerial view of Azikiwe Road showing Monorail tracks (1)

Over 170 roads, more of which are in the rural areas. All the roads are being built with drainages. Some of the major roads have been converted to dual carriageways with walkways, streetlights and greenery as well as drainages, most of them underground. Others are being converted to six lane highways. Some of the roads are:

Rumuola Road (completed).
First Bank/Rumuobiakani/Old Aba Road (completed).
Oginigba /Slaughter Road (completed).
The Elekahia/Rumuomasi road (completed)
Rukpakwulusi/Eneka/ Igwuruta road
The Rumuokwuta/Choba Road (almost completed)
Eneka/Igbo-Etche/ Iriebe road
Ozuboko/Elelenwo road- the road from Peter Odili road cutting across Woji to Elelenwo.
Rukpokwu/Eneka/Eligbolo road
Rukpokwu/Rumuagholu /Aluu road
Ozuoba/Rumuparaeli/Choba road
Rukpakwulusi /Eligbolo /Rumuodomaya road,
Rumuekini/ Aluu road,
Rumuibekwe/Elelenwo road and bridge
Ken Saro Wiwa road-also known as Stadium road (about 70 percent completed)
Rumuagholu /Ada George road
Woji/Okujagu/Elelenwo road.
Aba road to Oyigbo- from the Flyover at Rumukwurusi/Eleme junction to the toll-gate and to the bridge.

Some major rural roads projects being funded by the Amaechi Administration include:

The Okirika Ring Road
The Ogoni/Andoni/Opobo Unity Road
The Bonny- Bodo road
Omofo/Agba/Ndele road leading to Abua.

A lot of other rural roads and internal roads in some Local Government Areas amounting to over 70 per cent of the Road projects constructed by the Amaechi administration has been completed and some still ongoing.

The major Flyovers are:

The Eleme Junction Flyover/interchange (completed)

The Agip/Rumueme/Abacha road Junction Flyover on Ikwerre Road

Tam David-West/East-West Road Flyover by Obiri Iwerre

Eliozu Junction flyover on Chief G.U Ake Road; and

Rumukurusi flyover,

Some of the bridges are:

The Ikuru Town Atlantic Ocean Bridge in Andoni
The Okirika Ring Road Bridges
The Unity road Bridges in the Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo axis
The construction of bridges across Bolo Creek with approaches
The construction of 6 rural steel bridges including the Ndoni steel bridge and the Orashi steel bridge which links communities on both sides of the Orashi River
Mbiama/Akinima road bridge
NyorKhana/KenKhana Bridge
Bori Boue Brigde

Abalama Tema Bridge amongst others

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2015
If APC had lost in the center, he wld be a laughing stock. But he will get a federal appointment which is enough

50 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by eveblast(f): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2015
A lot of people knew but as usual try to forget the good parts of people especially when the person is not a money sharing person..

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2015
Primary Health Care Centres

160 new Model Health Centres are currently scattered across the State, meeting the Governor’s vision of bringing quality health care closer to the people. Almost 100 of these health centres have been completed, fully equipped and functional, while work is still ongoing at other sites.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2015
Hospitals

Three New Secondary health care centres:

The Ultra Modern Rivers State Dental and Maxillofacial Hospital, Aba Road by Garrison Junction, Port Harcourt (Completed, fully equipped, furnished and in use);

The 150-bed Kesley Harrison (New Niger) Hospital, Emenike Street, Diobu, Port Harcourt (Completed, fully equipped furnished and in use); and

The new Prof. Nimi Briggs Hospital situated within the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (completed, fully equipped and furnished)

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2015
Model Secondary Schools

24 model Secondary Schools are being built, 1 in each Local Government Area, well structured and fully equipped with modern day educational, recreation and boarding facilities with standard housing for teachers, these secondary schools have grossly been referred to by observers as Universities.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Amaechi is a hero, even with APC defeat in Rivers, he has lost nothing, a mouth watering job awaits in at the presidency, and of course he will be in charge of decision making on issues at the Federal level.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2015
Model Primary schools

At the inception of his administration, Governor Chibuike Amaechi placed a state of emergency on Education and took over the responsibility of Primary schools from the Local Government Councils. The Governor came up with the idea of building new model Primary schools to the standard of the United Nations and obtainable in developed parts of the world. With a target of 700 Model Primary Schools, the Amaechi administration has completed 500 across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State. They are equipped with ICT facility, modern library, science laboratory, football field, basketball pitch, volleyball pitch and Nursery playground.

28 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2015
Transport

Introduction of a mono rail mass transit system in Port Harcourt Metropolis. (Construction of the monorail is ongoing).
The ban on commercial motorcycles from Port Harcourt and three other Local government areas in a bid to check accident rate in the State as well as put a stop to the then rampant armed robbery with the use of motorbikes.
The provision of Mass transit buses and taxis in collaboration with Skye bank.
The building of 57 modern service Bus Stops along the major Aba, Ikwerre expressway in Port Harcourt.
Enforcement of the State’s traffic law.
Inauguration of a vibrant Road Traffic Management Agency, TIMA-RIV.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2015
Land reclamation/Shore protection

The Buguma Shore protection project
The Ebormung/Oluk-Ama shore protection and land reclamation in Andoni Local Government Area.
The Opobo shore protection and land reclamation project.
The Abalama shore protection and land reclamation project.
The Olomie/Owukiri Island shore protection and land reclamation project.

20 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Urban development/Renewal

The administration of Governor Chibuike Amaechi has strived to return Port Harcourt back to its Garden City Status and has worked towards eradicating slums in the city. The government has in line with this commenced enforcement of urban development laws and regulations, establishing building lines, height, size and mode of fences in specific areas, processing and approval of building plans; regulation and control of outdoor advertising; and beautification of the environment with the development of parks, gardens, fields and lawns.

In fulfillment of this, the government has embarked on:

Demolition of illegal structures, shanties and slums in Port Harcourt.
Demolition of fences and walls higher than 6 metres.
Development of Recreational Parks in various areas of the city like the Port Harcourt Peace Park along the Port Harcourt/Aba Road between Bori Camp and Airforce Base, Elekahia by the Housing Estate and several others..
Beautification of Roads and Flyovers with greenery.
Reclaiming of 7 recreational fields that were unlawfully built on.
Construction of Silverbird Cinemas in partnership with the Silverbird Group at the site of the former Obi Wali Cultural centre.
Demolition of Port Harcourt Waterfronts and Proposed Redevelopment for the Waterfronts into standard residential and industrial districts.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Agriculture

The Agriculture initiative of Governor Amaechi is part of plans to provide employment and empowerment of Rivers people through agriculture. The initiatives amongst others are, the Songhai Farm, Banana plantation, Cassava initiative, Fish Farm in Buguma… http://governor.riversstate.gov.ng/initiatives/projects/

18 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by djjoad(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2015
A sponsored thread I guess, one of those ways the apc and amaechi spend money on PR to achieve a good reputation outside their primary constituency.
Let him settle his house before coming to appear saintly to us.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by RockMaxi: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2015
Nothing do them for Rivers, they are free to cut their nose to spite their face. 4years no far make God protect us beyond that. cool

16 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2015
djjoad:
A sponsored thread I guess, one of those ways the apc and amaechi spend money on PR to achieve a good reputation outside their primary constituency.
Let him settle his house before coming to appear saintly to us.

do you read with your eyes open and your brain shut? can you dispute any of the facts listed above? it's sad that you cannot say the same about GEJ your master. List the things he has done for rivers state or even his homestate bayelsa while he was the president.

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 15, 2015
if rivers people want to work into an open fire, they should do so with their eyes wide open and not someone closing it for them and leading them to an inferno.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by blackjack21(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2015
HE IS ALSO A GOOD DANCER.

07:30:18
Wed, Apr 15, 2015

10 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by boolet: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2015
And now that we know? I don't like him, neither do I like Tinubu. Buhari is my man!

4 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2015
blackjack21:
HE IS ALSO A GOOD DANCER.

07:30:18
Wed, Apr 15, 2015

undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2015
boolet:
And now that we know? I don't like him, neither do I like Tinubu. Buhari is my man!

he is not campaigning bro. just that the lies that have been leveled against him are just too many.

33 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by RealSleek(m): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2015
eveblast:
A lot of people knew but as usual try to forget the good parts of people especially when the person is not a money sharing person..

Yh,i agree....the people expects political office holders to drop money anywhere they go ....people encourages corruption indirectly

27 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by enoqueen: 7:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Time will tell

2 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by go4value(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Amechi the strong man.... he singlehandedly sponsored the removal of GEJ...

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK... I glo with pride

19 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by chymystique(f): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2015
@Op, you sound like a paid APC agent in most of your threads esp as RoChas is your godfather. Yea PEJ and Wike are pain in the ass and I dnt like them but EleCtion is over and most of AmaeChi's people ve rejeCted him with their PVC and disgraCed him... so all these wahala and aChievements you ve listed here doesnt Change anything @ all. .. He shld stop crying all the time esp when he has been outsmarted @ his own game. He should go to abuJa and enjoy his new portfolio. Funny and appalling how u painting AmaeChi like he is a saint undecided

Shachris, why didnt you mention the million dollars bombadier jet he bought with rivers state money during the critiCal period naija was in 2012 abi he aint proud of that "achievement? #hypocrites

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2015
go4value:
Amechi the strong man.... he singlehandedly sponsored the removal of GEJ...

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK... I glo with pride

he is the one true son of ikwere land. ikwere people are not cowards.

20 Likes

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2015
@OP you have no idea as to what transpired between Amaechi and PEJ in Okrika. You people are good at telling half truths. Anyway, Amaechi can be your hero but as long as Ikwerre, Rivers State, Niger Delta and Eastern region are concermed, he is a good riddance. Let me assure you that Abuja is not our home and heritage, our respective localities are. Politics is local! You can make Amaechi SGF or Chief of Staff to Buhari, he remains an "afonja" to the entire Niger Delta. He remains a boy-boy to his Abuja masters but a nonentity to us. As time progresses, he will hear from us(not violence). We will use him as an example to other ND Afonjas. You can't spend my money on a party and expect me to clap for you.

He has been worthless as Governor since 2013! Good riddance to the "Niger Delta Afonja"

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Things You Didn't Know About Governor Amaechi by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
@OP you have to idea as to what transpired between Amaechi and PEJ in Okrika. You people are good at telling half truths. Anyway, Amaechi can be your hero but as long as Ikwerre, Rivers State, Niger Delta and Eastern region are concermed, he is a good riddance. Let me assure you that Abuja is not our home and heritage, our respective localities are. Politics is local! You can make Amaechi SGF or Chief of Staff to Buhari, he remains an "afonja" to the entire Niger Delta. He remains a boy-boy to his Abuja masters but a nonentity to us. As time progresses, he will hear from us(not violence). We will use him as an example to other ND Afonjas. You can't spend my money on a party and expect me to clap for you.

He has been worthless as Governor since 2013! Good riddance to the "Niger Delta Afonja"

oluku Where you go? I Don details find you since...lol.

oya tell me the full story of what happened. something that was televised is half truth abi?

Please in all those your mumu ramblings, never bring my igbo people into it. So it's now that you people want to claim igbo abi? what happened during the war? Why did you sabotage us? Why did you still our properties? Why do you till now claim that ikwere and other igbo speak part of Ph is not igbo?

If someone that fights a presidency and wins in an afonja in your village, then my brother your village is just a clown of cowards.

we are waiting for you. try anything and it would start raining drones in those you bamboo houses.

70 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos When You Discover Dokpesi Received N2.5b And Your Dad Working At AIT Free / PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / “So You Won’t Greet Me?” - Sanwo Olu Jokingly Asks Mr. Macaroni At An Event -Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.