Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... (621 Views)

12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / I feel Pity for Lai Mohammed - Buhari / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by Akorede612(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2015
WHY DO PEOPLE BEEF AND FIGHT EACH OTHER IN THE NAME OF COMPETITION?

While we were yunger,

Our mum would b lyk... "abbey.. Wen wil u change? Ah ah. Look at kayode, D neighbour's son. He is always comin first in His class. But You, You dont even bring ur report card Home".

And after then.. Dere is dz beef in ur heart towards Kayode. such that u would want to do anytin to prove u are beta..

Most tyms as children we do dz by deprivin him of our keke..or felele"(thats if u are fortunate to have one)

and wen we became older. ...we go as far as killing each other.. or goin to babalawo's.... (politicians. .cultists.. husband nd wife... frends are big xamples)

afterwards... We wnt to study in d best university, so we wont look odd befor our peers.

And again... We aspire to study law/Enginering/medicine... Since widout dat.. we wont have braggin rights befo our peers.

And wen we gain admission, We want to b d best student in d class to show dat we are beta dan odas...

And even wen gain employment, We stil flaunt our credentials (to show that we own d latest cars...phones etc) and crave promotions; and afta being promoted, We stiil have dz insatiable cravin for higher positions.

As if dats nt enough?

We all want tu marry d most beutiful lady... And have d talk of d town's marraige.

All in all... No one wants to play second fidel to the other. We are competin to be the most sucessfull... And influential in d society.

#the irony of it all is dat.... THERE will ALWAYS be somone thatz a little bit better dan Us, and we will neva be able to catch dat pason. And at death, we will only realize that we hawe actually being competin with ourselves!"

#lets stop tryin to b better dan odas... if at all we want to compete... we shud endeavour to make e it an healthy competition for self improvement #

mods u cud plz move to appropriate section..

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2015
Those who compete with others fail to live and enjoy their lives!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by jamace(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2015
OP, your topic is interesting but the post is difficult to read and understand because of your abbreviations. Help us by writing in full, please.
Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by Alfamann: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2015
advice of a lazy man from you know where.
Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by mstik(f): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2015
Pl s make complete, coherent sentences then I'll come back and read kiss
Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by Akorede612(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
mstik:
Pl s make complete, coherent sentences then I'll come back and read kiss

Noted!
Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by Vicadonis(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Its just a dull mentality a man grows up with. Especially, if he/she is from Africa
Re: I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... by tpiaT: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
And again... We aspire to study law/Enginering/medicine... Since widout dat.. we wont have braggin rights befo our peers.

so, in your opinion, people who study these fields are only doing so for bragging rights? Maybe some, (same as in any other career or field), but that's not an entirely accurate analysis since its not everyone who fits that description.

afterwards... We wnt to study in d best university, so we wont look odd befor our peers.

really? That's the reason for wanting to go to a good university? Nothing to do with your personal preference and/or your personal goals?

And wen we gain admission, We want to b d best student in d class to show dat we are beta dan odas...

bro, you've got it twisted. What is your background, if you dont mind my asking.

And even wen gain employment, We stil flaunt our credentials (to show that we own d latest cars...phones etc) and crave promotions; and afta being promoted, We stiil have dz insatiable cravin for higher positions.

which people are you referring to?

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria / PDP Is Not Dead - Governor Aliyu Says / How INEC Rigged Presidential Election In Buhari's Favour - Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.