Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (36866 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Ishilove: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

YOU SHOULD TRY VERY HARD TO UNITE ALL OUR LAWYERS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD .VOLUNTEER'S .

DONATIONS ,ASSOCIATIONS .
11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL CAPS

Please endeavour to stop using all caps. It is very distracting, but most importantly against the rules.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kay1one2(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

People lobby their way into power rather than fight for power. Work hard to lobby other, potray yourself as a friend to all and people will key into your plans.

If this thread is about power, can the SE and SS alone get that power except we are preaching treason here.

Which again summarises what I want to say to the op... we have to work for it. Not just talk about it. It might be difficult but possible.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

Unite for what reason exactly? Unite against others?

Why not SE and SW or SE and NE
If northerners are northerners and not NE and NW or NN, why should easterners become SE and SS and EE abi ES

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Truckpusher(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
I know francizy and softsparky will always come to school late....Abeg make I siddon listen to this yarn...Nah the way forward be this my people...

Kindly ignore all attention seekers and touts who may want to derail the thread...

Most importantly, I think@barcanista and truckpusher serving as organizers should use this thread more as head count and awareness creation and avoid discussing any important issues or strategies openly here...Some meetings offline may help...Dropping whatever plans here in the open may not be in our best interest...thanks to all eastern brothers and sisters....
Advice taken and will liaise with barca to finalize everything.

please everyone that truly believe in this should ignore haters and brothers and sisters that are trying to build a bridge that can never be built.

5 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by collynzo2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
You guys should please ignore ALL detractors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Ecowas is concerned with West African States, Eu with European, this one is concerned with "Eastern" Region and old MidWest. The context of EU and Ecowas is global, the contest with this unification is National. Take your ignorance and hypocrisy elsewhere.

Good you are done. Bye-bye!!!!
When did the defunct Mid-Western Region become part of Eastern Region? If there is any part of the defunct original three regions that can lay claim to the Mid-Western Region, it is the defunct Western Region from which it was carved out. Even after regionalism when Bendel State was created, in the 1979 election, the Yoruba dominated UPN won the state with Ambrose Folorunsho Ali. Don't twist history.

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are trying to enforce one party system. No way.

The Old Eastern bloc should be ready to give Nigerians a credible opposition that will make the Government at the centre responsible to all its citizens.

Those that were against GEJ including their media outfit will now change from their so-called social crusading to fanatics hence the two opposition camps should never merge.

The South-west championed the ridiculous hate campaign filled with diatribes and falsehood with the North denying every gesture of Mr President notwithstanding massive concentration of investments in their regions.

The only prayer you got to offer here is that their unity should be solely for political and mutual benefits as were the case of Southwest and Northern Nigeria.

The zone should be encouraged to build on the existing South-south/South-East economic master plan to develop the region to enviable modern day livable cities where citizens are served.
I have always called for a strong opposition, in fact when i identified with the Apc, i never thought they will win the presidential election, i was praying that they win the Senate.

Join hands and build the pdp instead of these zone nonsense, 40% of the SW voted the pdp in both elections in March and April. The pdp does not belong to any zone. So i don't get your point.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by ozoigbondu: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

If northerners are northerners and not NE and NW or NN,so why should easterners become SE and SS and EE abi ES

Oby is just being hypotrically naive she is a lot smarter than how she is protraying herself in this thread.

Eastern region kwenu cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The Old Eastern bloc should be ready to give Nigerians a credible opposition that will make the Government at the centre responsible to all its citizens.

Those that were against GEJ including their media outfit will now change from their so-called social crusading to fanatics hence the two opposition camps should never merge.

The South-west championed the ridiculous hate campaign filled with diatribes and falsehood with the North denying every gesture of Mr President notwithstanding massive concentration of investments in their regions.

The only prayer you got to offer here is that their unity should be solely for political and mutual benefits as were the case of Southwest and Northern Nigeria.

The zone should be encouraged to build on the existing South-south/South-East economic master plan to develop the region to enviable modern day livable cities where citizens are served.

You said it all brother.. A million likes for you and one Obigelli served you for dinner... cool
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

If northerners are northerners and not NE and NW or NN, why should easterners become SE and SS and EE abi ES
Consider yourself southerner if you are seeking geographical classification.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
The first tool we need is put our own media houses in place. This is the first line of action, the states of SE/SS need two or three broadcast media houses located in the zones. The news our people read and hear MUST not be the edited news from the other side. Let's keep it local across the regions.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by ThunderTrail(f): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mods, Admin, Seun, Kindly move this thread to the Sectarian or JOKES Section of NO. Thanks.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by CyberTerrorist: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
all what am saying is that igbos should stop associating their struggles with the south south..if biafra shud succeed today don't fink we a part of it as we to want our own freedom...igbos are eyeing our oil you think we don't know...no wonder people. Call it Biafra
is Barcanista Igbo u dis ediot? angry

8 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Those that were against GEJ including their media outfit will now change from their so-called social crusading to fanatics hence the two opposing camps should never merge.

I agree
Despite the fact that Jonathan did everything possible to please the northerners, they still wanted him out at all cost.
Now that a northerner is taking over, they want a united Nigeria with no opposition.

Talk about hypocrisy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by ozoigbondu: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
The first tool we need is put our own media houses in place. This is the first line of action, the states of SE/SS need two or three broadcast media houses located in the zones. The news our people read and hear MUST not be the edited news from the other side. Let's keep it local across the regions.

What of radio biafra undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
I know francizy and softsparky will always come to school late....Abeg make I siddon listen to this yarn...Nah the way forward be this my people...

Kindly ignore all attention seekers and touts who may want to derail the thread...

Most importantly, I think@barcanista and truckpusher serving as organizers should use this thread more as head count and awareness creation and avoid discussing any important issues or strategies openly here...Some meetings offline may help...Dropping whatever plans here in the open may not be in our best interest...thanks to all eastern brothers and sisters....
That is the idea. No strategy will be discussed in the open(here). We have to be very careful. So far, feedback has been encouraging. Just like Eurobomber said, the term "North" unites every Berom, gwari, fulani man. They don't refer to NE/NW or NC when promoting their interest and forming bloc. Funny enough, they are multi-ethnic just like us.

8 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by PassingShot(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
If I may advise the so called SS/SE union, it has to be that the regions must allow people to express their leaders and encourage full integration and adequate presence in the two political parties.

SS/SE must be present and seen to be active in both APC and PDP because to have a say in the two parties is the only way that these two regions can exert influence on national issues.

Take a look at the SW and you will see that PDP/AD/ACN and now APC have all succeeded at one time or the other in the region. The SW people have never outrightly seen PDP as a Hausa/Fulani party even though we've always been more at home with AD/ACN and now APC hence you see PDP winning in Ekiti and Ondo states.

On the contrary, the SE and SS regions are bent on ensuring that APC does not have a space in the regions! Pray, tell, how can you have a hope of being fully integrated in the scheme of things let alone be producing a president (remember that president GEJ was an accident which will not necessarily happen all the time) when all you do is to go against other regions?

My 50 cents.

8 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Oby is just being hypotrically naive she is a lot smarter than how she is protraying herself in this thread.

Eastern region kwenu cheesy
I know the intent of this thread and sadly most of you are falling for it already expecially my SE brothers, you enjoy ego/emotion stroking then reading between the lines.

6 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
Apc champion, pdp champion and now regional champion and you all are drooling already.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ishilove:

11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL CAPS

Please endeavour to stop using all caps. It is very distracting, but most importantly against the rules.

you are welcome sir.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

I agree
Despite the fact that Jonathan did everything possible to please the northerners, they still wanted him out at all cost.
Now that a northerner is taking over, they want a united Nigeria with no opposition.

Talk about hypocrisy

That has been their battle cry since they won the election, a "united Nigeria". Unfortunately their 2011-2015 playbook is out there for us to follow grin grin grin grin. Every man for himself, let see who survives in this free and democratic Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
Great suggestion
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by ozoigbondu: 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

I know the intent of this thread and sadly most of you are falling for it already expecially my SE brothers, you enjoy ego/emotion stroking then reading between the lines.

The purpose of this thread is to join the old eastern region.We have been divided for too long and their has been lots of bad blood.l am all for peace between the two region which will lead to regional co-operation

10 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Not all parts of Delta.
All parts of today's Delta State together with Edo State were parts of the defunct Western Region before 1963 when the Mid-Western Region was created. In fact Dennis Osadebe from the Igbo speaking part Aniocha/Oshimili who became the first Premier of Mid-Western Region was a member of the Western Region House of Assembly in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:

That has been their battle cry since they won the election, a "united Nigeria". Unfortunately their 2011-2015 playbook is out there for us to follow grin grin grin grin. Every man for himself, let see who survives in this free and democratic Nigeria.
Gbam

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

I have always called for a strong opposition, in fact when i identified with the Apc, i never thought they will win the presidential election, i was praying that they win the Senate.

Join hands and build the pdp instead of these zone nonsense, 40% of the SW voted the pdp in both elections in March and April. The pdp does not belong to any zone. So i don't get your point.

All we are saying is that we want the SE/SS to become one political bloc-The Eastern bloc. Look at the north, when it comes to their interest in politics they go as a bloc, this played out in the last presidential election so we also want to move like a bloc. The term SE & SS is deceitful.

13 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
ozoigbondu:

What of radio biafra undecided

I will give you a free advise, make this the last time you quote me.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
eastern united ,

home and abroad .

unity
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
This is a wonderful idea. The media is a very powerful tool and should be based within the region. Brilliant

10 Likes 1 Share

OrlandoOwoh:

All parts of today's Delta State together with Edo State were parts of the defunct Western Region before 1963 when the Mid-Western Region was created. In fact Dennis Osadebe from the Igbo speaking part Aniocha/Oshimili who became the first Premier of Mid-Western Region was a member of the Western Region House of Assembly in Ibadan.

Then we take Delta, simple. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

Unite for what reason exactly? Unite against others?

Why not SE and SW or SE and NE

I thought you said above that you're done here tongue
Or were you electrocuted to this thread finally

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by patrickmuf(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whatever point you're trying to pass across is none of my business, just don't associate SS with SE please...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: Mark Gbillah Threatens To Ground Plenary If House Prevents Debate / Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.