Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari (5398 Views)

States Opposed To Alcohol Should Not Share From Alcohol Tax ---atiku / Bakare: Why I Support Buhari On Deregulation And Opposed Jonathan / Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by austinkenneth: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
I’m opposed to fuel subsidy removal – Buhari on December 09, 2011

BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI & UMAR YUSUF
ABUJA—Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in the 2011 elections, General Muhammadu Buhari, Thursday, declared that the party is completely opposed to the removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government.

He made the disclosure just as the Governorship candidate of the CPC in Adamawa State; General Mohammed Buba Marwa told election riggers planning to rig Adamawa State Governorship election to think twice because they will meet their waterloo.

“I am General Buba Marwa of the Lagos fame, I am not stupid. Those riggers will meet their waterloo in Adamawa. They can come but I will surprise them”, Marwa reacted to possible rigging by the opposition.

Speaking in Yola at the flag-off campaign of General Marwa, Buhari challenged Nigerians to rise up and speak with one voice to ensure that the planned removal of fuel subsidy is not actualized,

Buhari also alleged that the menace of Boko Haram presently ravaging the country is caused by bad leadership on the part of the PDP-led administration.

According to him, ‘Nigerians are being deceived on the issue of fuel subsidy, The federal government takes out fuel for refining, only to come back and talk of removing the subsidy. That is nonsense and an attempt by a clique with the PDP led federal government to siphon the proceeds to be realized from the removal of oil subsidy”.

Describing Marwa as a God sent leader that will turn the lives of Adamawa people around for the better, General Buhari said “Marwa has done it in other places like Lagos and Borno, comprising two states, So nobody should be in doubt about what he will do in his own state”.

“If Marwa says he will provide free education, I believe him, If Marwa says he will provide free health care, I believe him. If he says he would provide security for lives and property, I believe him and if he says he will bring change, I believe him because he has done it before, So give him your support because he is a good man”, Buhari said,

On his part, Marwa said, “All Nigerians leaving in Adamawa state irrespective of tribe and religious leaning would be treated with justice, equity and fair play. Everybody in Adamawa will be accorded equal rights”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/im-opposed-to-fuel-subsidy-removal-buhari/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by iyatrustee(f): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
2011 stale news!
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by austinkenneth: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
I believe the fuel subsidy should be removed BUT on the conditioned that the savings therein be utilised judiciously. That has always been my position.

But why will our politicans keep changing mouth. Why say what you don't truly belive in just to win the masses over. That is why we must scrutinise every of their promises next time.

This applies at all levels -Presidential, Governorship, Senatorial, House of reps etc. It's even worse at the lower echelons.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari through a paper presented on his behalf by Fayemi in Lagos has hinted on total subsidy removal alongside massive job cuts in the Federal civil service.

Obviously it is not Buhari that will be running Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by fallout87: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

Thatis what these folks shouting change failed to realize.

They saw how people around GEJ, we controlling and frustrating the man. Why do they think those around Buhari won't be the same?

The scary part is the ones around Buhari are even worse! Much of the bad elements of PDP went and joined APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Ikology(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:
Buhari through a paper presented on his behalf by Fayemi in Lagos has hinted on total subsidy removal alongside massive job cuts in the Federal civil service.

Absolutely correct. Mr Buhari does'nt understand fundamental basic economics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by austinkenneth: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
The part I dont agree with is making a promise that you know you obviously cannot fullfill just to win elections

3 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
At least we know his stance regarding the fuel subsidy removal.
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
fallout87:

Thatis what these folks shouting change failed to realize.

They saw how people around GEJ, we controlling and frustrating the man. Why do they think those around Buhari won't be the same?

The scary part is the ones around Buhari are even worse! Much of the bad elements of PDP went and joined APC.

How about runaway capitalists like Tinubu, Fayemi and Fashola who effectively privatized governance and reduce it to a bank balance sheet?

This incoming govt is composed of economic hitmen doing the bidding of Washington. Buhari was just ambitious to be the President for the sake of being addressed as one other than that the man is as blank as a blank sheet of paper.

We are doomed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by austinkenneth: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:

Meaning we should prepare to pay more for fuel by next year.
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:

Buhari has since announced that his incoming govt will scrap subsidies.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-to-end-fuel-subsidy-rationalise-mdas/206829/

Change has come. What you failed to ask during the runup to the elections is what type of change exactly they were peddling.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

Buhari has since announced that his incoming govt will scrap subsidies.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-to-end-fuel-subsidy-rationalise-mdas/206829/

Change has come. What you failed to ask during the runup to the elections is what type of change exactly they were peddling.
Blame it on Jonathan who refuse to come out for a debate. These are the issues that would be been brougth to the fore. Besides, removing the subsidy the way things stand now means we will get petroleum product at a cheaper rate.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
Blame it on Jonathan who refuse to come out for a debate. These are the issues that would be been brougth to the fore. Besides, removing the subsidy the way things stand now means we will get petroleum product at a cheaper rate.

You well at all?

Buhari was the only candidate in the last election that did not show up for debate.

Why are you APC zombies such blatant liars?
And what reason makes you feel that fuel will be cheaper without the subsidies even with the backdrop of further devaluation of the naira as hinted by Buhari?

You people are really something special.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

You well at all?

Buhari was the only candidate in the last election that did not show up for debate.

Why are you APC zombies such blatant liars?
And what reason makes you feel that fuel will be cheaper without the subsidies even with the backdrop of further devaluation of the naira as hinted by Buhari?

You people? Are u one of those bigotted chest beating pple who carry a them-done-snatch-power attitude? The main thing is that who ever is going to remove subsidy shouldn't be a weakling like the one who removed diesel subsidy and diesel price refused to change even when global oil prices more than halved.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by stanech: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
I go just sit down dey laugh una mumu APC people

APC change
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
You people? Are u one of those bigotted chest beating pple who carry a them-done-snatch-power attitude? The main thing is that who ever is going to remove subsidy shouldn't be a weakling like the one who removed diesel subsidy and diesel price refused to change even when global oil prices more than halved.

Well at least it is good that "you people" that are oft to occupy obalende will finally begin the weaning process in depending on ND oil money.

Cocoa season is back!

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nah God go purnish the person that pass his news now.. Are you blind? Don't you see that you are posting 2011 news... Or you want to go on exile..

I beg don't spoil my papa name oo...

,,,,,,GMB son,,,,,,

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

Well at least it is good that "you people" that are oft to occupy obalende will finally begin the weaning process in depending on ND oil money.

Cocoa season is back!
Give me good road, constant electricity, fuel at affordable price and I will even go for pawpaw farming. Better than the shout of almajiri pple.
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:

Hahahahahaha

Bros, you have made my day with this humour.
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
godson36:
Nah God go purnish the person that pass his news now.. Are you blind? Don't you see that you are posting 2011 news... Or you want to go on exile..

I beg don't spoil my papa name oo...

,,,,,,GMB son,,,,,,

A grown up old man tells you something 4 yrs ago only to "change" his stance in 2015.

I wonder what this inconsistent buffon will keep "changing" as he runs this country down to a halt.

At the height of the subsidy removal debacle, the APC claimed there was no subsidy that it was just a scam. So going by that how is it that Buhari in 2015 has all of a sudden declared his intentions to total removal of subsidy?

Make una dey try use una head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
Give me good road, constant electricity, fuel at affordable price and I will even go for pawpaw farming. Better than the shout of almajiri pple.

At whoose expense? If you want all that you stated you should as a matter of urgency start working and budgeting towards that.

The end is here. Royal Niger Company will soon be liquidated.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

At whoose expense? If you want all that you stated you should as a matter of urgency start working and budgeting towards that.

The end is here. Royal Niger Company will soon be liquidated.
At the expense of the foreign account of crooked public office holders who are looted under GEJ and past leaders.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
At the expense of the foreign account of crooked public office holders who are looted under GEJ and past leaders.

Start with that of Lagos state which has been plundered by thiefnibu for 16 yrs striaght.

You people have no single clue how ediotic you sound and look at times.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

Start with that of Lagos state which has been plundered by thiefnibu for 16 yrs striaght.

You people have no single clue how ediotic you sound and look at times.
You appear to feel insecure about anything Lagos gets right. Why not start from Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers. The Niger Delta Ministry, NDDC, and co. Lagos contains at least 2 south east state within its population i guess so it shouldn't make you insecure when they talk trillions of Naira.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:

You appear to feel insecure about anything Lagos gets right. Why not start from Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers. The Niger Delta Ministry, NDDC, and co. Lagos contains at least 2 south east state within its population i guess so it shouldn't make you insecure when they talk trillions of Naira.

You have a special talent in combining random words in grammatical fashion without making any sense.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

You have a special talent in combining random words in grammatical fashion without making any sense.
I suspect you are a PDP supporter for u to attack the messenger and feign ignorance of the messages' content. Mudslinging is surely your thing, I wouldn't be surprised if you say I have mouth odour.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by PPAngel(f): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
I suspect you are a PDP supporter for u to attack the messenger and feign ignorance of the messages' content. Mudslinging is surely your thing, I wouldn't be surprised if you say I have mouth odour.

Why political affiliation? Why not stick to your ethno-religious sentiments and stereotypes like the average janjawiid change chanting zombie that you are? The polls reflected how Jonathan's ethnicity and religion failed to get him re-elected.

Don't stop with your ethnocentric rubbish now that your ayatollah regime is in place. You can ask us all to jump into the ocean - it is after all not suprising

2 Likes

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by shaqhead: 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
austinkenneth:
I believe the fuel subsidy should be removed BUT on the conditioned that the savings therein be utilised judiciously. That has always been my position.

But why will our politicans keep changing mouth. Why say what you don't truly belive in just to win the masses over. That is why we must scrutinise every of their promises next time.

This applies at all levels -Presidential, Governorship, Senatorial, House of reps etc. It's even worse at the lower echelons.
This is not "changing mouth" Mr., Poolicy decisions are dynamic due to knowledge and prevailing conditions.

Shouldnt GEJ have thought of removing subsidy only after revamping our comatose refineries wt d oil windfall wc we had before it now plumetted? Talk about puttin the cart before the horse.

GMB was right about what he said back then n he will be right to push for its removal now wc in itself is an inevitable occurence.

1 Like

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Sibrah: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
PPAngel:

You well at all?
Why are you APC zombies [/b]such blatant liars?
PPAngel:

[b]Why political affiliation
? Why not stick to your ethno-religious sentiments and stereotypes like the average janjawiid change chanting zombie that you are? The polls reflected how Jonathan's ethnicity and religion failed to get him re-elected.

Don't stop with your ethnocentric rubbish now that your ayatollah regime is in place. You can ask us all to jump into the ocean - it is after all not suprising

Thunder when wan fire u dey honeymoon with flood for inside fresh earthquake. Hypocrite!!!
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
We ain't seen anything yet.
Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by Igwe9(m): 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Removing fuel subsidy will surely make some people look silly and hypocritic in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Opposed To Fuel Subsidy Removal – Buhari by HighRoll: 12:34am On Apr 16, 2015
austinkenneth:

Nobody is 'changing' mouth, that's not a recent interview.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Opinion On APC Senate And House Of Reps Leadership Debacle / Just In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another SS Wannabe / European Police Feeds Street Cats As No Food For Them Due To Lockdown (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.