Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,374 members, 7,781,049 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:02 AM

Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North (2670 Views)

Usman Bugaje: "Nigeria's Oil Belongs To The North" (2014) / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by kinibigdeal(m): 1:18am On Apr 16, 2015
One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.
According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.
Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”
He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”
To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”
He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/03/11/bugaje-says-nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-to-the-north/?fb_action_ids=10205178164830228&fb_action_types=og.comments&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B465828703548670%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.comments%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by abduljabbar4(m): 1:20am On Apr 16, 2015
Op if not for the sake of causing trouble, what's your concern about something that was said since 2014?

3 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by kinibigdeal(m): 1:26am On Apr 16, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Op if not for the sake of causing trouble, what's your concern about something that was said since 2014?

That statement is barbaric

9 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by menix(m): 1:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Oga Bugaje kindly note too that we dont own d state called Nigeria, Nigeria is owned by United State of America being d World leader...

Eheen... B4 i 4get too, 3rd mainland bridge is solely owned by Mammi-water having 90% of d structure inside d sea...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Plus10(m): 1:27am On Apr 16, 2015
yea season of ownership...Igbo claiming Lagos Northerners claiming Niger Delta oil...confused set of individuals.

4 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Kennywills7(m): 1:40am On Apr 16, 2015
The north now owns Niger delta abi?
Joke of d century

2 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by iduzebaba(m): 1:43am On Apr 16, 2015
United nation law? wen we have our own constitution.. mbaka whyyyyyyyyy!,

2 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by hopara1(m): 1:46am On Apr 16, 2015
this people with there wahala self

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by TI1919(m): 1:47am On Apr 16, 2015
grin

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by best4momoh(m): 1:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Jokers. Op but why are u bringing this here.i knw ur problem. PeeDeePee agent
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by ibkgab001: 1:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Hehe north and oil sha

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by abduljabbar4(m): 1:56am On Apr 16, 2015
kinibigdeal:

There are many barbaric statements made in the past.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by gbemi514: 2:00am On Apr 16, 2015
Wen one gbege stops.......devil's incarnate wud jux stir d pot of peace wt it's stick of war jux 2 cause anoda unrest
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by abduljabbar4(m): 2:01am On Apr 16, 2015
Kennywills7:
The north now owns Niger delta abi?
Joke of d century
In as much as I don't like what he said, the Yorubas feel the same when the Igbos call Lagos a no mans land. They are even trying to claim ownership of Abuja besides that statement was made in 2014 and we should 4get about it.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by arbitter: 2:06am On Apr 16, 2015
Starting controversies over a statement made by one person or group and then generalizing it as the will or thought of an entire people is extremely stupid. But ofcourse the intention is to stir tribal hatred so ..meh whatever.

And based on the reactions of other tribes over what some Igbos said about Lagos and/Or Abuja, i guess one cant really complain about whatever reaction people from the SS have to these kinds of statements since they basically do the same to the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Yasher: 2:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Oya come Gbaramatu come talk dis one na. Shey if to say na Kaduna or Zamfara the oil dey, you for open mouth talk like this?

3 Likes

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Yasher: 2:37am On Apr 16, 2015
abduljabbar4:

In as much as I don't like what he said, the Yorubas feel the same when the Igbos call Lagos a no mans land. They are even trying to claim ownership of Abuja besides that statement was made in 2014 and we should 4get about it.
why should it be forgotten? Is it because it was a northern leader that said it? Did we forget what GEJ said in 2011 about corruption or electricity? The way to settle such issues is to tackle them head-on and make progress not to shy away from them.

Tomorrow, someone else will bring up a similar matter somewhere and until we begin to address such issues, they'll keep piling up.

I remember the great sardauna once said,"let's understand our differences and then make progress"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by maryam6(f): 2:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmmm! Op, i think i knw wat u want.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by kayode27: 3:12am On Apr 16, 2015
What do you expect from a gathering of illiterate.

Go school... Dem knw gree.

United Nations ko! united local governments ni!

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by kinibigdeal(m): 3:17am On Apr 16, 2015
maryam6:

I seriously want your phone number grin
maryam6:

I seriously want your phone number
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Ilekeh(f): 3:17am On Apr 16, 2015
kayode27:
What do you expect from a gathering of illiterates.

Go school... Dem know gree.

United Nations ko! united local governments ni!
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by trillville(m): 3:26am On Apr 16, 2015
kinibigdeal:

Bugaje is 100 percent right according to the law that there are no oil producing states other than Nigeria itself. Though
he is being mischievous by implying the crude oil belongs to north.

The payment of 13% derivation is to correct the spoilage of the land in the Niger Delta and not because of ownership of oil.

We actually need to all get better educated.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by M4gunners: 3:45am On Apr 16, 2015
Just imagine this folk. When i say the only thing keeping us together as one nigeria is oil,it will look silly but the truth is coming out little by little. That Man is a confused Man. He should step his Foots in Niger Delta and talk this rubbish to our ear and see what he will get in return. Mod move this to front page please.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Rose2014: 3:56am On Apr 16, 2015
kinibigdeal:
One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.
According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.
Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”
He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”
To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”
He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/03/11/bugaje-says-nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-to-the-north/?fb_action_ids=10205178164830228&fb_action_types=og.comments&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B465828703548670%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.comments%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

But he's right. They've been milking SS oil since 1850 yet couldn't allow Jonathan(from oil producing region o) to do his 8years like other presidents have done. Imagine a SSner managed to get into power n they made Nigeria ungovernable for him. Why else do u think they want to die on top Nigeria if not oil?

From every indication, if SS oil was found in the north, there won't be one Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 16, 2015
Mr Bugaje is an id.iot
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 16, 2015
Bugaje is a professor of chemical engineering and DG of the National research institute of chemical technology. I had the privilege of being his student both as an undergraduate and Msc student( ABU Zaria). This is a man who spends 2 out of 3 hours of his lecture time talking politics. Used to tell us fascinating stories about the numerous countries he had vistied and the people he met , even though very briefly. wettin concern chemical engineering concern politics sef? The guy is just fascinating with his fake upper middle class British accent( dude did his PHD in Newcastle,UK). anyways i digress. I think he is wrong in saying that the Nigerdelta oil is derived from the North. In saying so he made a political statement and not a scientific one. He knows better.

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Pavore9: 5:05am On Apr 16, 2015
This oyel sef!
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by nationwide1(m): 5:10am On Apr 16, 2015
This man get sense so? Mek them tell am say this is not 1967 o.

Yoruba can claim Lagos and there is no problem, Gombe, Nassarawa and Plateau States claim ownership of solid minerals and is not counted as crime but south south claim to oil which has wrecked their soil and water is crime.

I thought Nigeria had beaten America to their prediction of disintegration after elections but this man is beating the drum of disintegration very loud. Some of us don't want war.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by fred19(m): 5:26am On Apr 16, 2015
abduljabbar4:

why bring lagos matter into dis matter??dis what i detest about u people,u talk wth both side of ur mouth..
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by Sibrah: 5:40am On Apr 16, 2015
I have to research more on these.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North by HzRF(m): 7:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Hw I wish East can buttress this
By telling buahri in clear words we are getting ,60% if d oil bloc then they will knw weda na North or Central own oil

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miniterial List: A Brief Profile Of Dr Ogbonnaya Onu -by Woko Eze Icon / President Buhari Deserves Impeachment – 68% Voted Yes In New Online Poll / My Dog " Buhari" Went Missing After My Freedom - Chinakwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.