Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Igbobuofu.com - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbobuofu.com (11887 Views)

Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbobuofu.com by sCun: 11:42am On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

The idea that the Igbo people are all in the 'south east' and other ethnic groups are all in Bayelsa and Rivers is an old idea. When you understand how interconnected everyone, and that's everyone in the east is, you would understand why I would use the term easterner. Why would Ndoki be in a different region from Obigbo, or Egbema be straddling two separate regions in Imo State and Rivers States. Can anyone even define the south south? The 'south east' and 'south south' has done little politically, if you look at recent events you will see that it's an eastern political force that has emerged.
Keep riding in your folly then. Attitudes like yours is what makes these people suspicious of the Igbos.
I can assure you that you will only achieve the complete opposite of what you desire with this... Further division. The Ndoki and Egbemas you mentioned aren't the only groups in that region.
Just continue in your domineering fooly and see where it leads you.

4 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 11:45am On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
Keep riding in your folly then. Attitudes like yours is what makes these people suspicious of the Igbos.
I can assure you that you will only achieve the complete opposite of what you desire with this... Further division. The Ndoki and Egbemas you mentioned aren't the only groups in that region.
Just continue in your domineering fooly and see where it leads you.

Alright. You were never here for understanding or bridge building it seems. I responded to you cordially and you responded with threats. As I said, Nigeria needs to ask itself why eastern unity is such a problem, including to some easterners themselves.

By the way, if you think I'd open this thread to 'dominate' another group or without evidence of strengthening relations in the east, then you're mistaken.

2 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2015
aresa:

...but is it by force to keep doing attache ni?

They don't want you and they never did, they just used you to elect Jona and keep jona in office..

We don't see folks from SS posting all the silly attache nonsense, only SE folks. You people need to stop this open and shameful display of low self esteem, insecurity and no sense of worth and identity.

Ode you are everywhere sniffing on anything SS and SE thread, can you leave us alone, you think we SS don't know what we want. Mr man this is 2015... we need each other and there is nothing Yoruba's can do about it, face the Hausa and leave us alone

5 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by sCun: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

Alright. You were never here for understanding or bridge building it seems. I responded to you cordially and you responded with threats. As I said, Nigeria needs to ask itself why eastern unity is such a problem, including to some easterners themselves.

By the way, if you think I'd open this thread to 'dominate' another group or without evidence of strengthening relations in the east, then you're mistaken.
Have you asked those people of their opinion on referring to all of them as the east? This is the useless assumption Ojukwu made with Biafra only for him to cry betrayal at the end. You can strenghthen relations without lumping all of them into the east.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

Thank you. Exactly. So your comment?
Nearly witty
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
Have you asked those people of their opinion on referring to all of them as the east? This is the useless assumption Ojukwu made with Biafra only for him to cry betrayal at the end. You can strenghthen relations without lumping all of them into the east.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/ijaw-youths-express-regret-that-niger-delta-did-not-support-igbos-during-biafra-war.html
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Truckpusher(m): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Scorpiow:

Very soon the ss identity will be lost with the ibos, while they come back here crying 'marginalisation.'
Does it really matter when we cry the same 'marginalization' under the collective oppression of the Gambari man and his willing slave?

I would rather slave for my brother and close a confidant than slave for a total stranger who wouldn't mind in exterminating me the moment I become useless to him.

Slave for a brother and your lineage is secured, but slave for a stranger you're so lost but either way a choice must be made and that choice is to unite with our brothers you can hang yourselves and let my brothers hang me

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbobuofu.com by joeyfire(m): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
What was my point?
I posted it separately not to bck up anything.This was my earlier post

NONE OF THAT NEEDS SUPPORT FROM THE WILLINKS. Once again I posted that for a reson whih eludes you. I consider Willinks to be largely inaccurate a discredited but it is important for contemporaneous context. e.g

WILLINKS SAID EASTERN NIGERIA was 98% Ibo either he was dishonest or misled

Point taken. It was necessary to dispel the myth of "igbo domination" being the catalyst for creation of the COR state. It was more of a politically correct artificial vehicle for divide and rule than anything else. Of course it naturally served the agenda of a few elite from there and left the common man in limbo

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by sCun: 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/ijaw-youths-express-regret-that-niger-delta-did-not-support-igbos-during-biafra-war.html
That is one man speaking about the past. Have you done a survey with Niger deltans today to find out if they want to be referred as the ''east''? How many Niger deltans today will be happy to go with Biafra if Nigeria disintegrates today instead of their own ND republic?
I keep asking, can't the 2 regions cooperate in every way possible while recognising their differences? You and your likes are filled with inferirority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
joeyfire:

Point taken. It was necessary to dispel the myth of "igbo domination" being the catalyst for creation of the COR state. It was more of a politically correct artificial vehicle for divide and rule than anything else. Of course it naturally served the agenda of a few elite from there and left the common man in limbo
It was not a myth.The fact that Willinks said Eastern Nigeria was 98% Ibo speaks volumes. If PH was an Ibo town as he reported why then is there talk of abandoned property.That is a bit contradictory isn't it. It was the same phenomenon in the West that led to the formation of the MidWest Region whih was done fo political reasons in terms of timing. It was necessary to carve out Cross River/Akwa Ibom. Even there Willinks said Ibo were majority in Ogoja and it would appear he reinforced the idea of Aro as Ibo even though we know that the Ezes in Aro are no Ibo(discussion for another day)

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
That is one man speaking about the past. Have you done a survey with Niger deltans today to find out if they want to be referred as the ''east''? How many Niger deltans today will be happy to go with Biafra if Nigeria disintegrates today instead of their own ND republic?
I keep asking, can't the 2 regions cooperate in every way possible while recognising their differences? You and your likes are filled with inferirority complex.

All of this is really about nothing. Everyone is already in independent states. The coinage of 'SS' and 'SE' is nothing more than geopolitical markers that indicate unity and camaraderie, if they come together and create the 'east' it doesn't take any power away from each other, it does not have governmental power. The SS is a fallacy anyway because Akwa Ibom doesn't have anything more in common with Bayelsa than it does with Abia State. If you don't get it then you don't get it and move on.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
It was not a myth.The fact that Willinks said Eastern Nigeria was 98% Ibo speaks volumes. If PH was an Ibo town as he reported why then is there talk of abandoned property.That is a bit contradictory isn't it. It was the same phenomenon in the West that led to the formation of the MidWest Region whih was done fo political reasons in terms of timing. It was necessary to carve out Cross River/Akwa Ibom. Even there Willinks said Ibo were majority in Ogoja and it would appear he reinforced the idea of Aro as Ibo even though we know that the Ezes in Aro are no Ibo(discussion for another day)

This is just an onslaught of misinformation.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by sCun: 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

All of this is really about nothing. Everyone is already in independent states. The coinage of 'SS' and 'SE' is nothing more than geopolitical markers that indicate unity and camaraderie, if they come together and create the 'east' it doesn't take any power away from each other, it does not have governmental power. The SS is a fallacy anyway because Akwa Ibom doesn't have anything more in common with Bayelsa than it does with Abia State. If you don't get it then you don't get it and move on.
Who are you to complain on their behalf? If the Southern minorities are happy to be identified as the south south irrespective of where they are geographically, who are you to feel otherwise? You see where the suspicion these guys have about Igbos come from? Thoughtless and stubborn people like you.
I am just happy that majority of Igbos aren't thinking like you else we will only get further division.

3 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
Who are you to complain on their behalf?

When you assume you make an ass of u and me.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

This is just an onslaught of misinformation.
That Aros are not ruled by strangers
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
That Aros are not ruled by strangers

Who are the strangers the Aro are being ruled by?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by bakila: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
knowledgeable:

Yoruba crap. That region was created by Gowan right after the war, as a strategy of divide and conquer. After this election, the whole region is back as one, at least from the perspective of those living within the boundaries.
No they are not one. Abia, Imo and Anambra may not all be PDP. PDP will most likely be in the minority in the SE or share same spot with APGA.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
bakila:

No they are not one. Abia, Imo and Anambra may not all be PDP. PDP will most likely be in the minority in the SE or share same spot with APGA.

The political party isn't necessarily a marker of unity, an APGA governor can easily cooperate with a PDP governor, if not, it still doesn't represent the will of the people. Beside, the fact that the so called 'SE' is split between parties shows that the region isn't so much a region.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by bakila: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

The political party isn't necessarily a marker of unity, an APGA governor can easily cooperate with a PDP governor, if not, it still doesn't represent the will of the people. Beside, the fact that the so called 'SE' is split between parties shows that the region isn't so much a region.
I note your last seven words. Is tat confusion are an agreement with me. The mistake Igbo people led GEJ into resulting in the lost of the presidential election is being repeated by the same people. I think by the time the South-South people seriously analysed this new frontier being created the Igbo will be on their own.
The last effort to join hands with the people of central Nigeria translated into the Governorship and Presidential elections result in Benue, Kogi, Plateau and Kaduna. Simple question for you sir,who will be the Junior partner in that relationship? Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by atlwireles: 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

When you assume you make an ass of u and me.

I think Scun has a point, let's not allow name or nomenclature bring unnecessary acrimony. The people in the SS be it the old eastern region or the old Midwest, have a better understanding of Nigeria than ever before. This election was a eye opener for many of them. A political and economic integration toward the old eastern region is a must. As the weeks and years grind on that movement is simply unstoppable.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
bakila:
Simple question for you sir,who will be the Junior partner in that relationship? Igbo?

This is a symptom of Nigeria. The idea that an ethnic group is "senior" or "junior", the east didn't have that in the past, it was other regions like the north that had "senior" and "junior" ethnic groups because they practised feudalism while the east practiced rugged individualism. Igbo groups for example didn't call themselves Igbo, they identified with their towns and subgroups. For you to ask this question, you do not know the thousands of years of history that easterners have had with each other.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by bakila: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

This is a symptom of Nigeria. The idea that an ethnic group is "senior" or "junior", the east didn't have that in the past, it was other regions like the north that had "senior" and "junior" ethnic groups because they practised feudalism while the east practiced rugged individualism. Igbo groups for example didn't call themselves Igbo, they identified with their towns and subgroups. For you to ask this question, you do not know the thousands of years of history that easterners have had with each other.
Well, I see how some easterners look at other members of the then Eastern state, they way they push their lips when mentioning some ethnic groups. The body language all points to the fact that one believes he is senior. In life that has always exist as a reality of existence.
The variables of the then Eastern regions has changed like that of the other four components. Feudalism is practiced in Igbo land too, whether in the strict English interpretation whether by way of other translation, why is there Osu caste in Igbo land?
Again it is a nairaland discussion and by 2019 we would see if your effort has stood the test of time.

3 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
bakila:
Again it is a nairaland discussion and by 2019 we would see if your effort has stood the test of time.

Good.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by mensdept: 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yes, The "EAST" is way better

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
We have been there and done that and then we have moved on not without reason.Once again Edo and Delta are not in the East

3 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
We have been there and done that and then we have moved on not without reason.Once again Edo and Delta are not in the East

I did not claim Edo. Please see the original post. Northern Delta areas are Igbo.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

I did not claim Edo. Please see the original post. Northern Delta areas are Igbo.
I am just clarifying that when we say SS we also mean Edo and Delta but they were not part of the Eastern Region What does EBoe have to do with anything here? Who said YOU claimed anything.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
ezeagu:

I am just clarifying that when we say SS we also mean Edo and Delta but they were not part of the Eastern Region What does EBoes have to do with anything here? Who said YOU claimed anything. Are there no Yoruba in Kogi ,Kwara and Edo. That is an irrelevance

Whether Northern Delta are Eboe is and has been debatable not everyone agrees but that is another matter
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Whether Northern Delta are Eboe is and has been debatable not everyone agrees but that is another matter

You don't want to go there with me.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by superstar1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
What is all these arguments about?

The alliance should not only stop at SS and SE amalgamation, they are free to even annex southern Cameroon that used to be part of the old eastern region as well.

Once the objectives and aim of the alliances suits all parties, why should others be disputing it for them?

The alliance is about Oil and access to the sea for one party, why the other is in need of the numerical strength.

At the same time, no one should run back to Nigeria once more begging for freedom from his domineering neighbour.

3 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by Ikengawo: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
The terms SE and SS marginalize both groups. There are Ijaw in the SE and of course Igbos in the SS, but because of the marginalization and fragmenting of the east region both groups are painted as smaller than they really are and thus it's easier to rob them.

This about it. Nigeria is 3 regions, North, East, West. Of these three regions the East is by far the richest and most successful. Furthermore the east is the only one that had it's territorial integrity diminished by splitting it in half. So when it's time to rally the West is 1 the North is 1 and the East is 2. They can then use those two fragments against each other (east votes one way south south votes another)

We're the east. Even though I'm Igbo, when i go to Cross Rivers and Awka Ibom the culture practiced there is really no different from my own. The languages sound like my own and the people look like my own. There are areas of interlapping. There are Igbo groups that are more Awka Ibom in culture than Imo or Anambra, there are Ijaw groups that are more Igbo in culture than they are like their brothers in Yenegoa.

We're not 'one people'. The groups have their history and integrity but if an Hausa and a Fulani can be seen as one when they're barely the same race, there's no reason to say that an Igbo in Bonny is a different person than an Igbo in Enugu because of some lines Gowon created.

Anyways, we all realize this now, and we're set to make changes in Nigeria. We're both for resource control, both for more federalism, and both for self determination and we'll fight for those things together while allowing each group to independently chose what it wants to do with the benefits.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'boko Haram Didn't Kill 150 In Yobe' - Army Releases Statement / National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Nsukka Is The Largest City In Nigeria By Landmass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.