Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,565 members, 7,809,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) (1828 Views)

He Looked Just Like Him! / Morning Dew / I Want Change, (not Like My President But Like The Common Man) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by nellyme(f): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2015
For my nairaland family
Audreytimms
Esixlove
Repogirl
HumbledbYGrace
Larrysun
Dyoungstar (YET)
Royver

The joy, care, advice, believes in me, just like the love of my family. Tnx to u guys.

Dear readers its a weekly show and will be officially opened on Sunday the 19th day of April 2015.

One love

1 Like

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by nellyme(f): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
© 2015.
All rights reserved.
No parts of this book may be reproduced or
transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording or by any information
storage retrieval system without any
written permission from the Author.
Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by Dyoungstar: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
Subscribed

1 Like

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by chuks87(m): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
*walks in with bottles of peanuts and yogurt drinks....*

1 Like

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by Royver(m): 12:18am On Apr 19, 2015
nellyme:
For my nairaland family
Audreytimms
Esixlove
Repogirl
HumbledbYGrace
Larrysun
Dyoungstar (YET)
Royver

The joy, care, advice, believes in me, just like the love of my family. Tnx to u guys.

Awww, thanks nelly

Dear readers its a weekly show and will be officially opened on Sunday the 19th day of April 2015.

One love

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by nellyme(f): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
PROLOGUE

FLASHLIGHT

Ngozi sat at the steps of Mercy Hospital as she sobbed quietly. Two days ago her 12 years old sister, Ozioma was admitted at the hospital. She was diagnosed of Hepatitis a chronic infection of the liver and had problem breathing. Ngozi heard a noise behind her and stood to see Rev. Samuel their local church resident pastor as he walked down with her aunt, Ego. She wiped her tears and looked up to them.
"Rev. What is happening? The doctor ignored my pleas to enter Ozioma's room. I need to see her.?
The Rev. sighed. Ngozi noticed the look on their faces, her heart skipped a beat. Her aunt avoided her gaze and stared at the wall.
"Nne. We have to leave." The Rev replied
"Why? I just bought the pap she requested. I need to go prepare it." She took a step forward but was stopped by the Rev.
"Please. Just listen for a moment. I will tell you more when we get home."
She sighed and obediently followed them to the car. She didn't fail to have noticed her aunt's silence. She still whimpered and couldn't open up a conversation. There was silent all through the drive home. The Rev drove straight to the church instead of her home. She secretly wondered why. She alighted from the vehicle and walked inside the manse. Her phone rang, she reluctantly glanced at the screen to view the caller I.D and it showed Sir Chukwu, her uncle. She picked with anticipation expecting update on her sisters health.
"Ngozi. Can you hear me clearly?" He asked.
"Yes sir."
"Listen to me, your sister Ozioma is dead. You have to hold yourself together and take care of your other siblings. You are their mother. Don't forget that."
The world froze for a while and Ngozi was deaf for a second as her body rejected the news. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks, her vision was blurred. She dropped the phone and screamed, she turned and flung the door open. She ran into the church, headed straight to the alter, she cried out loud and asked a question she never asked before "God why?". Her body shook, quivered like a drenched rat in the rain. She wept out loud till there was no tears left. She screamed at the four walls of the church. She was shattered, her faith flattered. She felt lost. She was angry and couldn't grasp at a source of her anger in particular. Death? God? She was angered deep to her bones. She felt like smashing her fists into something or someone. Her mind was in disarray as she ran out of the church into the busy street. She heard a horn but couldn't stop. She ran into a speedy car. She was hit and all she wished for was death. The last thing she remembered was a light that shone so bright and blinded her. Then there was darkness.

Let the story begin.........

HOW IT ALL STARTED

Will continue tonight
Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by chuks87(m): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Touching......

1 Like

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by Dyoungstar: 12:14am On Apr 20, 2015
Make e no be like say I no comment.

1 Like

Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by Feyikemi12(f): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
following * but don't forget us here o
Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by nellyme(f): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
EPISODE 1
"Mummy, mummy, I will be a nurse when I grow up" Ozioma blurted out as she tugged at her mother's wrapper. Mrs. Obi was busy as she prepared the breakfast at the kitchen hence she ignored Ozioma's statement. Ngozi her first daughter has already bathed and dressed the two younger one Ike and Ozioma. Chinyere the second daughter was at the veranda as she cleaned their shoes while Chioma the third daughter was still at the bathroom. Ngozi glanced at the wall clock and it was 6:49am. She was furious because she had been waiting for her sister so she can take her bath.
"Chioma, come out from that place. I don't know what you are doing there". She shouted at her sister. Their mother was at the kitchen with the last daughter Ozioma. She put the pot of jellof rice she prepared down and started to dish it out so as to enable it cool off. Ngozi walked to the bathroom door and banged on it. Immediately Chioma opened it and rushed out with smiles. It has always been her doings each day. She loved teasing her elder sister.
"You think I'm joking with you abi?". Ngozi queried her. She didn't respond as she ran into the room to dress up for school. Ngozi hurriedly entered the bathroom.
"Chinyere" their mother called out.
"Yes mum". She dropped the last sandal and ran towards the kitchen to answer her mother.
"Feed your siblings. I need to prepare lunch because I have a meeting to attend". She instructed her.
Chinyere grudgingly picked a spoon from the stack of plates on the lower cupboard. She took a plate of food and dragged Ozioma to the sitting room. She sat her down on the cushion. Ike was already seated. He was a timid child unlike his sisters. He was always shy maybe because he is the only male child and has nothing in common with them. Chinyere went back to the kitchen and picked up her own plate of food so as to enable her eat as well as feed them.
Ngozi finished her bath and went to the room and met Chioma still naked, her school uniform lay carelessly on the bed. She stood as she searched her bag.
"What are you still doing here? You are still undressed e kwa?"
"Emm,.....I can't find my yellow pant". Chioma stammered.
"So you can't wear another one? If I slap you now you will disappear from this room". Ngozi thundered.
Out of panic Chioma picked her clothes from the bed and ran out. She went to the next room. She took a wrapper and tied on her slender body, went outside to the place were their clothes were hung. She took a pant from the peck and rushed back in.
Meanwhile Chinyere was already through with Ike and Ozi. She rushed through her own meal. It was 7:32am as the school bus rang out its shrill horn. She lifted Ozi, picked her school bag and lunch box. She did the same for Ike. She scouted them outside as they joined the bus. She bade them farewell with a kiss on each of their forehead. She went back inside. She caught a glimpse of something colourful. She came out again to check it out. Their next door neighbour Esther was outside bent as she tied her sandals lace. She put on her school uniform of a printed green skirt and white short le eve shirt well stocked in addition to a green and white stripped jacket. Chinyere got jealous instantly. She had always been at head-logs with Esther. They were classmates and friends until Esther betrayed her. She had always wanted to be the first to wear something new in her classroom and now Esther will be the first to display the colourful jacket. She scorned and walked back inside. Esther stood up and smiled to herself, she had achieved her aim. She intentionally came out when she heard Chinyere's voice while she bade her siblings farewell. She hissed out loud and retreated to their room.
Back inside the three kids were dressed and ready to leave. Ngozi an 11 years old girl was in Jss 1, Chinyere 9 years and in Primary 5, Chioma 7 years and in primary 3. Ngozi always trecked to school which was just 2 blocks away from their house while their mother always drove Chinyere and Chioma to and fro with her car. But today was an exception as their mother woke up late and yet to be through with her chores. She gave them some money to take the public transport and she bade them farewell.
Once they left everywhere was quiet like a graveyard. She always miss their laughter, fights, cry's whenever she was alone. She finished up in the kitchen and headed towards the bedroom. She intended to change into a wrapper so as to take her bath. Her phone rang and she couldn't find it at first. She searched on the cushion, under it. On the table and under it. It seemed it wasn't in the sitting room. It started its rings again and she rushed to the kitchen, maybe she left it there but it wasn't so. She went into the room and found it under the bed and she answered the call, it was her husband who called.
"Honey how are you?" She asked.
"I'm fine sweetheart. How are you and the kids?".
"We are all good. Just that we missed you."
"Ok my love. I missed you all too. I will call back in the evening so I speak with the kids. I guess they all left for school hence the silence."
"You guessed right my dear."
"So what are you up to today?" Mr. Obi asked.
"We have a Women Fellowship meeting at the diocese by 10am. After that I will get back and stay at the shop for today's business."
"Alright. Take care. Already seated at the office. We'll talk in the evening. I love you."
"I love you too honey."
"Bye"
"Bye" She ended the call with smiles on her face.
Mr. & Mrs. Obi had been married for 12 years. Last year Mr. Obi was transferred to Imo State as a regional manager. His company opened a new headquarter and needed an experienced staff to manage it. He was the best and they gave him the offer. The distance proved a barrier initially to reject the offer but on a second thought after he discussed the options with his wife they both agreed that he accepts the offer because of the benefits associated with it. He got a spontaneous raise in his salary with a one bedroom flat. They planned on a move to Imo but later decided to wait till he settles. They had lived at Abia State all through their married life coupled with the fact that Mrs. Obi owned and managed a kiosk at their compound. The business was lucrative as she was the only one that sells at their street. They lived at No. 21 Nwala street off faulks road Aba. The move won't be favourable because all their friends and acquaintances will be far away and it won't be easy to adapt.
Mrs. Obi was about to go inside the bathroom when her phone rang out again. She went back to the room, it was her younger sister Nneka who called. She answered.
"Aunty good morning. How are you, my siblings and your husband?"
"Good morning my daughter, we are good."
"Aunty please I want to come and spend the weekend with you. Please......"
"What is it this time? You don't visit me except when something is wrong. So spit it out".
"Aunty its just that I used the money dad gave me to purchase jamb form to pay at the church." Nneka lied.
"Tell me what you used the money for. Do you think I will buy that crab about church? She asked.
"I'm sorry ma'am but its just that ee...mm..."
"Its just what? " Mrs. Obi thundered
"I used it to get some new jeans. My clothes were outdated."
"And you think lying will solve the issue? Anyway just come, you will earn any dime before I give it out to you." Mrs. Obi couldn't wait for her pleas as she ended the call. She sighed. Her younger sister, a young and vibrant girl of 20 years old. She had written jamb twice and this will be her third. She had been a bright child during her school days. She was always the first and passed her first jamb with a score of 202. She applied to study Economics at Abia State University Uturu. Her aptitude test score was 197. They waited for her name but it didn't show. She tried supplementary and changed the course to Human Resource Management still yet she wasn't admitted. This repeated itself the year after that and now she decided to purchase another jamb form. Nneka had blamed her father who refused to give her any dime to settle the lecturer who agreed to help her get admission. The man asked her to get 80,000 and promised her name will show at the first list. Her father, an elder in the church who always prided at his religious believes. He termed it a sin to give out money for whatsoever reason. He had the money. He was retired. He worked at PZ ltd and was paid the sum of 5million out-rightly as his gratuity and he invested it well in an electronics shop which he managed now. He believes that His God can do wonders and trained his children thus.
Mrs. Obi finished her bath and dressed up by then it was 8:45am. She made the rooms were tidy also the kitchen, toilet and bathroom. They lived at a 3 bedroom flat in a bungalow which house 3 other flat. Their next door neighbour was a married couple with an only child named Esther. The other was a bachelor who was a banker. He is always scarce due to the nature of his job. Most at times he is seen mostly during the weekends.
She finished up her routine check up till she was satisfied. She locked up the house and kept the key under the foot mat and drove straight to church. It was 9:07am and as the secretary it was mandatory that she will be at the venue 10 minutes earlier to enable her prepare to read the last minutes of meeting.
***************************************************************************************************************
It was 1pm and students at Higher Ground Int'l School were on break. At the entrance stood the security man hands akimbo as he monitored the students to make sure no one went outside. Four girls played hide and seek behind one of the buildings.. Few boys played football at the field joyfully. Some students stood in groups as they gossiped about what happened earlier at class while others purchased food items from a woman. At the front of Jss 1 B sat a girl. She was engrossed in her reading that she failed to notice the noisy environment. Ngozi flipped through the pages of "Joys of Motherhood" by Buchi Emecheta with keen interest. The bell rang out and she folded the page she was at as she walked back into the classroom. The break was over.
They dismissed by 3pm and Ngozi went straight home with her best friend Jenny. Jenny and her uncle reside at No. 18 Nwala. Sometimes they walk to school together but they always do so when they went home. She met the house empty as usual when she returned. She unlocked the door with the key she picked from under the door mat. She changed out of her uniform and locked the door. She went to the shop and met her mum and siblings busy as they attended to the numerous customers. She helped them till they subsides. She informed her mum she was hungry. She gave her garri with soup which was in a food flask. She ate it with speed like a hungry lion.
"Ehe, Ngo baby" her mother called out.
"Yes mummy" she answered.
"Your Aunty Nneka called, she will be here this weekend."
"Okay ma," Ngozi said.
Her face frowned as she remembered what happened the last time Aunty Nneka came visiting. At the absence of her mother, she invited a boy while they were at school. Ngozi returned that hot afternoon and met her siblings outside as they banged on the door. Surprisingly, it was looked from outside. She joined to knock and later the door was opened, Aunty Nneka came out with a boy and both sweated profusely. She still wondered what they did. Her aunty begged her and her siblings not to report to her mum about the incident. Anyways, she sighed as she washed her hands after the meal. She shouldn't think about that now because she had numerous assignments to do.
Her mom's phone rang and it was their dad. They all discussed with him and he promised to visit the next day. They were all happy and their faces beamed.
By 6pm they closed the shop and went to their room to prepare dinner. After dinner they prayed together and went into their various room and slept.
***************************************************************************************************************
Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by nellyme(f): 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Feyikemi12:
following * but don't forget us here o

Tnx for d revival
Pls do criticize cos am seriously unsure of wat I'm scripting down...hence the delay
Re: Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) by chuks87(m): 6:40am On Apr 30, 2015
still awaiting nxt episode.....

(1) (Reply)

+18 Story: The Assistant Girlfriend / The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo - Ebook (by Amy Schumer) / Seven (very) Short Stories About Drones By Award-winning Author Teju Cole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.