Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. (30073 Views)

Never Include Where You Work On Your Facebook Profile / Has YOUR Netflix Account Been HACKED? How To Find Out And Fix It / How To See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Superstar007(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Has Your Facebook Account been breached? Then, read this.

I have noticed a lot of complaints of recent about people losing their accounts to "hackers", these people after gaining access to the accounts use it for their own malicious intent.

It's also pertinent to note that no hacker can gain access to your account without knowing your account details. Wondering how these people get to have your details? Then read on

These hackers are extremely good at what they do that if you ain't vigilant enough, you will fall a victim to their antics. What they do is create a clone site like Facebook, this site is called a "Phishing site". For instance, check www .FbOmgs. com without the spaces. Please don't input your details! This site acts as a trap to those visiting it. Once you input your details, the hacker or who ever is behind the site gets your details. Are you surprised? You shouldn't be.
There are lots of sites like that on the Internet, they tend to target site with sensitive information like fb, Gmail, yahoo mail, etc.

The most common way they catch their "prey" is by sending a message to you about you being in a video. You get a message like " Hey (your username) wat are you doing in this videeo?
Lolol! Skip to 1:53 .. who put this up? type in
with no sppaccess and search your name at->
www .FbOmgs. com". I have received a lot of them, even got one this morning which prompted my writing of this article. Apparently , what they do is to send the same message to everyone one On your friends list.

So, How do you know Facebook's genuine site?

You can only access Facebook on the web using www.fb.com or www.facebook.com, anything aside that isn't genuine. When accessing sites that require you to input your details, endeavour to check if that is the actual url.

What to do if your account has been breached?

1. Change your password.
2. Use a strong password, it maybe a combination of alphanumeric characters and symbols, don't use your birthday, name or any password that maybe easy to generate.
3. Close every other active sessions by going to your settings > Security > Active sessions.
Or you can enable login approval which requires authentication before you login. I hope this helps.

6 Likes

Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2015
very true

and try using a very strong password
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by eightsin(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
This happens to people who click on anything they see and input their details without caution

1 Like

Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by emmyw(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Seriously
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by braintext(m): 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yeah really helpful

Cc: Ishilove lalastica
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by aristocrazzy: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
K
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Mayor21(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Very true
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by willi926(m): 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
informative post like this no go enter FP. but if it 1 nonsense nw it will reach there sharp sharp . op nice 1.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
willi926:
informative post like this no go enter FP. but if it 1 nonsense nw it will reach there sharp sharp . op nice 1.
don't mind politician mods

if its APC matter it would have been on front page
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Mcowubaba: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
Mehn
This thing happen to me o, thunda fire those hackers..
The sent all my frnds this msg- Hi Femi (depending on ur surname), what the heck are you doing in this
videeoo? Lolol! Skip vid to 1:53 .. I saw it in a news
feed Type- in withhouut sppaccess and search
your name at-> www .FbOmgs. com
...I receive calls taya, my inbox was over 800 msgs..
Mehn I turn celebrity over night cheesy
Evrybody asking me- which video Where did u see me ,some1 called me oloshisad, some people that added me as dia frnd on facebook, even askd me- do I knw u(WTF, u r d 1 dat added me)..it later became annoyingsad..I had to remove my phone no nd I stopped replying Msg...
Once again THUNDER FIRE THOSE HaCKERS...
Finally I thank those hackers in a waycheesy, it made me see how different people respond to issues...(I really learnt a lot ) nd I never knew I had active frnds on my list, I think say some of dem don die sad...that msg dos hackers d send badt , for u not to respond to the msg eh, u gats d very high on weed nd origin..
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by hummerwise(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Was a victim of this recently.. But my password change..
Nice info Mr op
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by boman2014: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
I got load of the message in my inbox
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by aiikay(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Be very careful when ever you wish to key in your details on any site. Have recently got mails directing me to a cloned Yahoo site to update details. They even clone bank sites as well, but funny enough they will even be sending mails for a bank you don't even have an account with.

http://aiikayonline..com/2015/03/how-secure-are-your-passwords-learn-how.html?m=1
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by fejikudz(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
very true

especially dat video stuff
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by liljboy(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
OP ur on point, they hacked a Lotta guys on my list...... but them no go see me oooo cos na my native name I carry combine BuILd password
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by saxwizard(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
nice job
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 17, 2015
Use strong passwords with combination of Capital letters, symbols and numbers and I bet any h4ckers algorithm can neva cracked ur password. This is an exanple of a strong pswrd. "3o(t&gSp&3hZ4#t9"

#Gr4yhat!
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Dani4tech(m): 1:19am On Apr 17, 2015
shocked N0 w0nder...a niqqah i d0n't even chat with sent that po0 'n' i was like 'wharisdis'
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by golddeejay(m): 7:00am On Apr 17, 2015
a gf fell victim recently
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by timilehing(m): 7:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Booked till post reaches fp
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by puffynana(m): 7:55am On Apr 17, 2015
Konga is Giving Out N500 Airtime for
Completing their Survey and getting 5
persons to Complete the Survey Also! (5
persons =N500 and so on)
Click the link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QV3ErefkVCpjMQpgU15OTJFI03ZprzH4WWO8jkrrxog/viewform
Complete the survey
Kindly Use puffy as your referral.
I just got N1,000. Don't forget the more your
downlines, the more the airtime you will
receive.
Thanks.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2015
cc: dragnet, puskin,
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by dataplus87(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2015
I await till my account got hack..never!

Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by infobiz9ja(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2015
The site opens here facebokooks.com/m26.php its owned by a Chinese dude with I.p 111.123.180.46 His site would go down shortly.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by GIYAZZ(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lol, been a victim before and it was irritating.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Abojupupa: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Op your account does not apply in all cases. Happened to me twice. But I don't remember ever releasing my details online.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Symphony007: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
My uncles account was hacked recently and for thieves were sending Facebook messages to his friends begging for 1,500 naira MTN card, via Facebook chat. That he was at very important meeting in Abuja and could'nt get airtime. He promised to pay back. Bunch of thieves!!! I caught them immediately because my millionaire uncle will never beg card, I even played along with them and said i'll send the card via E top up to his phone, they refused and send I should send through Facebook chat. Rogues!! Called my uncle immediately and informed him.
Re: Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. by Astutechris(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2016
I just visited the site mentioned by the OP and to be frank, this people are good at what they do. Most people will likely fall for that.

Take a look at the screenshot below.

The URL www . FbOmgs . com will redirect you to www . facebokooks . com and person way no observe well go begin login.

Thanks OP.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Review: An Affordable Note That Delivers. / Top 10 Best Free VPN For Android / How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.