Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 PM

Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? (791 Views)

Unclad Beaches..are Nigerians Cool With It ? is it a new thing in Africa ? / Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? / Why Are Nigerians Hated By Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? by morethanadoll(f): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
I am only curious and trying to gain a clearer perspective because of some of the comments that I have read on threads. It seems as though most are comfortable with things just the way that they are and have been for decades while very little support change. When I speak of change, I'm meaning for the greater good. I understand that with change comes the possibility of more downfall and setbacks, but it could also lead to great things occurring. It's a risky thing, indeed, but are the people afraid of change? Is change even wanted? Do you think that things are fine, just the way that they are?
Re: Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Generally speaking, I think people are afraid change irrespective of where they come from. I'll say change is a necessary evil we live with. Weather one likes it or not, change is always constant.

People normally react when change is about to be effected but then change eventually comes weather we like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? by walexzee11(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ofcourse many elites, senior government officials and their relatives who are reaping from the gross ineptitude and corruption won't want Change because their milking path will soon dry up. They prefer their distant cousins and brothers in their village to always come over to beg for their left over, even at that few of them have sympathy for their poor relations but derive joy in spending millions in acquisition of Cars and other luxury. The worst is that most among them spend unnecessaryly on side chicks and other concubine than they do to their poor relative E.g Fani Kayode.

But the God of Host is ready to fight for the Masses.. ...

CHANGE IS HERE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Afraid Of Change? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 19, 2015
Generally people are afraid of change. Change isn't very comfortable and we'll adjust, whether we like it or not. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Dichotomy Between Traditional African Logic And Western Logic / Adeyeye Ogunwusi: Ooni Of Ife's Grandmother Dies At 104 / This Is What Happened To Our Ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.