Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:24 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (154118 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
I believe since the both of you all name correspond it should be no problem
HappinessUmeh:
Hello, I intend taking a masters program in Spain but my sponsor is in Germany (my brother) pls my question is can my brother use his bank account in germany to stand as my sponsor at the Nigerian embassy?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Theuglygram:
I believe since the both of you all name correspond it should be no problem
Yes offcourse. As long as the sponsor is related to you, has enough money and also, the flow of money in the account matters too.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2019
Theuglygram:
Please has anyone been to the embassy and if any changes has been made...and how much do I authenticate my documents at ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education please help a brother out
Nothing has changed in the embassy. Legalization in the embassy is 3000 per page. At the ministry of education, it all depends on what you are legalizing. If it’s just WAEC, then it’s just scratch card and about 400 Naira paid via remita. At ministry of foreign affairs, its 1000 Naira per page. Note that you are not to legalize photocopies at the ministry of foreign affairs. If u do so, you would be wasting your cash. Only legalize originals then take the originals to the embassy for legalization before you proceed with photocopies for Visa application.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
Authentication at the ministry of foreign affairs takes one day right...as it's I don't have a place to stay there
Josephvixion:

Nothing has changed in the embassy. Legalization in the embassy is 3000 per page. At the ministry of education, it all depends on what you are legalizing. If it’s just WAEC, then it’s just scratch card and about 400 Naira paid via remita. At ministry of foreign affairs, its 1000 Naira per page. Note that you are not to legalize photocopies at the ministry of foreign affairs. If u do so, you would be wasting your cash. Only legalize originals then take the originals to the embassy for legalization before you proceed with photocopies for Visa application.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
Theuglygram:
Authentication at the ministry of foreign affairs takes one day right...as it's I don't have a place to stay there
Yes it takes a few hours and you can return back to anywhere ur coming from the same day. Make sure you don’t go on fridays. Any other working day is just fine.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 1:56am On Oct 18, 2019
Your question has been answered
HappinessUmeh:
Hello, I intend taking a masters program in Spain but my sponsor is in Germany (my brother) pls my question is can my brother use his bank account in germany to stand as my sponsor at the Nigerian embassy?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 1:56am On Oct 18, 2019
Ok thanks bro
Josephvixion:

Yes it takes a few hours and you can return back to anywhere ur coming from the same day. Make sure you don’t go on fridays. Any other working day is just fine.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
Theuglygram:
Ok thanks bro
Anytime bro.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Successfully applied for my visa on the 3rd of this month. It’s been more than 2 weeks and hv still not heard from them. These people are so inconsiderate. Even when I made them know my school has resumed since last month. On Friday made it the 12th working day and 16th calendar day I gave them my passport. House I need your prayers and well wishes at this hour abeg. Spain has the most Frustrating consulate in Nigeria.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Hadampson(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
HappinessUmeh:

Why don't you study in Germany instead?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seaborg: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
This thread helped me a great deal in getting my student visa. I arrived in Barcelona over 3 weeks ago.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed every piece of advice we see here.

I'll just chip in one or two things later.

I met some really cool Nigerian guys who have been here over 10years, they've been super helpful in my settling in.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
That's good to hear let's just wait and hope for the best bro..I heard from my sponsor there's been a public holiday I don't know if they're back on
Josephvixion:
Successfully applied for my visa on the 3rd of this month. It’s been more than 2 weeks and hv still not heard from them. These people are so inconsiderate. Even when I made them know my school has resumed since last month. On Friday made it the 12th working day and 16th calendar day I gave them my passport. House I need your prayers and well wishes at this hour abeg. Spain has the most Frustrating consulate in Nigeria.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ok please do bro
Seaborg:
This thread helped me a great deal in getting my student visa. I arrived in Barcelona over 3 weeks ago.

I met some really cool Nigerian guys who have been here over 10years, they've been super helpful in my settling in.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Josephvixion(m): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Quincy07:

My visa has been granted.

Picking it up soon. It took over five weeks as I applied really early. Good luck to every other person applying.
Were you told it was approved or your passport is ready for pick up?
I mean was the status of your visa disclosed to you before pickup?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by yhormite: 3:23am On Oct 28, 2019
Please is it compulsory for prospective Msc student to have money in their own personal account to be granted or the money in the account of their sponsor is enough and must the sponsor bear same surname with me thank you so much as you respond

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by murawconcept: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2019
Please, I do not have an original WAEC certificate, I used online printout to get my admission, will they accept online WAEC for authentication at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and education at Abuja.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello guys, please I went to the ministry of foreign affairs, and ministry of education they both said, they won't authenticate my certification for primary school and my Ss3 first term results
Please who has anyone at the ministry of education and foreign affairs please help me
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Saucekide25(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Seaborg:

Bro please can I have your WhatsApp number or email so we can discuss? Thank you
Re: Spanish Student Visas by MustyK: 4:25am On Nov 25, 2019
Ladeeey:

How much do you need to show as proof of funds to apply for Spanish student visa ?

can you please send me a mail on kehindemustapha@yahoo.com. I want to tap from your knowledge and make enquiries from you
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ollins(m): 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hello all, am Collins by name and I have lived here in Spain for over 15 years, through my years of living here legally I have benefited a lot from the Spanish society. I now want to help my fellow Nigerians in settling down here as students, tourists and footballers. Contact me and I will advise and put you through the whole visa process.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Heartsterling: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
ollins:
Hello all, am Collins by name and I have lived here in Spain for over 15 years, through my years of living here legally I have benefited a lot from the Spanish society. I now want to help my fellow Nigerians in settling down here as students, tourists and footballers. Contact me and I will advise and put you through the whole visa process.
Hi... Please drop your mail
Re: Spanish Student Visas by evanstical: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2019
Please l have been seeing sponsor,can't one going for Masters sponsor his or herself?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
Theuglygram:
Hello guys, please I went to the ministry of foreign affairs, and ministry of education they both said, they won't authenticate my certification for primary school and my Ss3 first term results
Please who has anyone at the ministry of education and foreign affairs please help me
I finished authentication of my documents on Thursday and Friday now please what's the next thing to do Embassy or Translation?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Oniemmanuelt: 10:01am On Jan 26, 2020
Someone should please respond to this.. I also intend to use my brother as my sponsor. He resides in the US.. Though, I am working, I have little cash with me after monthly expenses. I am going for MSc

Please is it compulsory for prospective Msc student to have money in their own personal account to be granted or the money in the account of their sponsor is enough and must the sponsor bear same surname with me thank you so much as you respond [/quote]
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Theuglygram: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
I just left the embassy now they're going to investigate my papers
Re: Spanish Student Visas by oluchioparah7: 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2020
Good day, Please i would like to know more about Spain in terms of studying
Heartsterling:

Hi... Please drop your mail

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by oluchioparah7: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
oluchioparah7:
Good day, Please i would like to know more about Spain in terms of studying
Re: Spanish Student Visas by PromiseAce(m): 12:26am On Feb 12, 2020
Hello, this thread is dry oo.
I hope this helps people who want to apply for 2020

LONG STAY SPANISH VISA
RESIDENCE VISA FOR STUDENTS (VISA SLU)
THIS VISA IS NOT A SCHENGEN VISA, IT IS A SPANISH VISA.

This kind of visa is for people above or less than 18 years who wish to study in Spain (First Degree, Masters,
Ph. D., etc.) for more than 180 days.

WHERE TO SUBMIT
The applicant must apply for a student visa at the premises of the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos.

WHAT TO SUBMIT
The consular administration has full authority to evaluate, and request more documents than those
submitted by the applicant. The latter is hereby informed that submitting the aforementioned documents does
NOT guarantee automatic issuance of the visa. Original documents will not be returned until the conclusion of
the procedure.

ORIGINAL and ONE PHOTOCOPY of each of the following items must be presented:
1. Two Spanish Visa Forms, one in English and one in Spanish. Both forms must be signed by the applicant.

2. Applicant’s passport valid for at least 12 months.

3. Two photocopies of the data page of applicant’s passport.

4. Two recent colour passport photographs on white background.

5. Applicant’s Birth Certificate endorsed by a letter from the National Population Commission, translated
into Spanish and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and, subsequently, by the Consulate
General of Spain in Lagos. In its absence a sworn declaration of age.

6. Police Character Certificate (with fingerprints) issued and legalized by all the countries where the
applicant has been living for the last 5 years. It must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and, subsequently, by the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos.

7. Travel Medical Insurance. Applicants shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel
medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical
reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on
the territory of the Member States covering all Schengen countries for an amount of at least €30,000. Only
officially recognized insurance companies are accepted.

8. A Medical Certificate stating that “the applicant is not a carrier of any contagious disease, dangerous to
public health, in accordance with International Health Rules of 2005”. It must be translated into Spanish.

9. Qualifications obtained in Nigeria:
 Original WAEC Statement of Result.
 Original First Degree Certificate (if going for a Masters’ degree).
 Masters Degree Certificate (if going for a Ph. D. degree)
This documents must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the Nigerian authorities and,
subsequently, by the Spanish Consulate in Lagos.

10. If there are educational documents issued by other countries, they should be legalized by Spanish
Consular Office accredited in the country concerned. These documents have also to be legalized in the
Spanish Consulate.

11. Admission Letter issued by the educational institution concerned (University, School, etc.). It must be
translated into Spanish.

12. Original receipt of the payment issued for the educational institution concerned in respect of tuition fees
for the first year.

13. Accommodation fees for the first year.

14. Proof of Income. Applicants shall present documents indicating that they possess sufficient means of
subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or
residence. When processing study visa applications this Consulate General demands the payment in
advance of a substantial part of fees (between 25-30%).
 If the applicant is an employee: Letter of Appointment, Leave Letter, Salary Slips of the last 6 month, Bank
Statement of the last 6 months where your salary comes in, Bank Statements of other accounts.
 If the applicant is a businessman/businesswoman: All original documents relating to the Company
(Certificate of Incorporation or Registration, Memorandum of Articles of Association, Tax Clearance
Certificate, etc.), Bank Statements of the last 6 months (personal and business).
 If the applicant has a sponsor: Their Bank Statements of the last 6 months. Only relatives can be
a sponsor. The family ties between the applicant and the sponsor must be clearly demonstrated
with Birth Certificates. Enterprises cannot sponsor students.

15. In the student is a minor, it is compulsory to submit an Authorization Letter signed by both
parents. It must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and,
subsequently, by the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spanish Student Visas by PromiseAce(m): 12:35am On Feb 12, 2020
Applicants must apply for an appointment by sending an e-mail to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es

Applications can be presented by the applicant or his representative (except legalization of Police Character Certificate when the applicant must apply in person).

The representative should submit along with the documents the authorization by the applicant:
Original power of attorney issued by a Spanish notary public.
Original of the authorization letter, addressed to the Spanish Consulate in Lagos and registered in a Spanish public registry (in any Spanish Administration Office).
Original affidavit legalized in the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja.

Entry into the premises will only be permitted on presentation of a valid international passport or National Identity Card.

Consulate Fees
(From 1st January 2020)

Legalization: N2,900 per page
Authentication of photocopies: N1,300 per page

Lawyers’ Fees

Documents subject to verification attract the following fees according to the States where the documents were issued:

Lagos State: N60,000
Edo, Delta and Western States: N65,000
Eastern States: N70,000
Abuja and Northern States N80,000

When an applicant presents documents from different States only one fee will be applied, which shall be the one relating to the state farthest away from Lagos

1. POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

· The applicant must attend IN PERSON as no representative will be allowed.

· The “Reason for inquiry” in the Police Character Certificate form must be specified (e.g. Spanish nationality, Residence Visa, Student Visa, etc.)

Documents to be presented

a) If you are applying for other types of visas (family reunion, work permit, non-lucrative visa, students, etc):

1. Original of Police Character Certificate and fingerprints, which must have been previously legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja.
2. Current international passport and photocopy of the data page.

2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
(SMALL) issued by NPC or Local Government.

The National Population Commission issues birth certificates to citizens born after 1992. Citizens who were born before 1992 and do not have the birth certificate issued by the Local Government need to swear to an affidavit (see number 4).

1. Original of the Birth Certificate (small)
2. Copy of the birth certificate which must be officially stamped and signed at the office where the original document was issued (NPC or Local Government) and, thereafter, legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja.

If the applicant is below the age of 18 years:

The application must be presented by the father, mother or legal guardian (the guardianship being issued by a Nigerian Magistrate Court).

If the parents live outside Nigeria they must send a Power of Attorney authorizing the representative.

Birth certificates are subject to investigation except where the certificate has been previously legalized, evidence of which must be presented (previously legalized birth certificate or Spanish residence visa).

3. AFFIDAVIT

a) Declaration of Age

1. Declaration of Age for citizens born before 1992, sworn to at the High Court of Justice of the place of birth, by either parents or, in their absence: 1st, grandparents; 2nd, brothers/sisters from the same parents who must be older than the applicant. This affidavit must be duly signed by the declarant. Initials, as signature, will not be accepted. This declaration must be legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.
2. Attestation of Birth. The affidavit must be presented to the NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION in order to obtain an Attestation of Birth. This Attestation must be legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.

b) Affidavit of BACHELORHOOD / SPINSTERHOOD

1. Original and copy of Affidavit of bachelorhood / spinsterhood sworn to at the High Court of Justice of the place of birth, by either parents or, in their absence: 1st, grandparents; 2nd, brothers/sisters from the same parents who must be older than the applicant. This affidavit must be duly signed by the declarant. Initials, as signature, will not be accepted. This declaration must be legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.

2. Original and copy of Certificate of bachelorhood / spinsterhood emanating from the Federal Marriage Registry or an attestation of marital status / non-marriage certificate emanating from the Local Government of the state where you come from. Note that certificates from the Federal Registry attract an additional fee of N15,000 for the investigation of the document.

3. Original and copy of Declaration of Age for citizens born before 1992, sworn to at the High Court of Justice of the place of birth, by either parents or, in their absence: 1st, grandparents; 2nd, brothers/sisters from the same parents who must be older than the applicant. This affidavit must be duly signed by the declarant. Initials, as signature, will not be accepted. This declaration must be legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.

4. Original and copy of Attestation of Birth. The affidavit must be presented to the NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISION in order to obtain an Attestation of Birth. This Attestation must be legalized by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.

5. Original and copy of Certificate of Origin with the applicant’s passport photograph stamped and signed by the Local Government of origin.

These documents are subject to investigation

5. School Certificates

a) Certificates issued by WAEC or NECO

The applicant should request WAEC or NECO to forward the Statement of Result directly to the Consulate General of Spain.

1. Original WAEC or NECO certificates.
2. Photocopy of the certificates endorsed with the seal and signature of the Ministry of Education and legalized of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja.

b) University /Polytechnic Certificates and Transcripts

1. Original Certificate or Transcript.
2. Photocopy of university degrees or transcripts endorsed by the University / Polytechnic which issued the documents and also endorsed with the seal and signature of the Ministry of Education, as well as that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja.
3. Photocopy of No. 2 above.

All Certificates and Transcripts are subject to investigation

NOTES

The legalization process takes TWO WEEKS (except for documents subject to investigation)

The period of investigation is 2 months

source: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LAGOS/en/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Pages/Legalization-of-documents-issued-in-Nigeria-and-Benin-Republic.aspx

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spanish Student Visas by PromiseAce(m): 1:29am On Feb 12, 2020
PromiseAce:
Hello, this thread is dry oo.
I hope this helps people who want to apply for 2020

LONG STAY SPANISH VISA
RESIDENCE VISA FOR STUDENTS (VISA SLU)
THIS VISA IS NOT A SCHENGEN VISA, IT IS A SPANISH VISA.

This kind of visa is for people above or less than 18 years who wish to study in Spain (First Degree, Masters,
Ph. D., etc.) for more than 180 days.

WHERE TO SUBMIT
The applicant must apply for a student visa at the premises of the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos.

WHAT TO SUBMIT
The consular administration has full authority to evaluate, and request more documents than those
submitted by the applicant. The latter is hereby informed that submitting the aforementioned documents does
NOT guarantee automatic issuance of the visa. Original documents will not be returned until the conclusion of
the procedure.

ORIGINAL and ONE PHOTOCOPY of each of the following items must be presented:
1. Two Spanish Visa Forms, one in English and one in Spanish. Both forms must be signed by the applicant.

2. Applicant’s passport valid for at least 12 months.

3. Two photocopies of the data page of applicant’s passport.

4. Two recent colour passport photographs on white background.

5. Applicant’s Birth Certificate endorsed by a letter from the National Population Commission, translated
into Spanish and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and, subsequently, by the Consulate
General of Spain in Lagos. In its absence a sworn declaration of age.

6. Police Character Certificate (with fingerprints) issued and legalized by all the countries where the
applicant has been living for the last 5 years. It must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and, subsequently, by the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos.

7. Travel Medical Insurance. Applicants shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel
medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical
reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on
the territory of the Member States covering all Schengen countries for an amount of at least €30,000. Only
officially recognized insurance companies are accepted.

8. A Medical Certificate stating that “the applicant is not a carrier of any contagious disease, dangerous to
public health, in accordance with International Health Rules of 2005”. It must be translated into Spanish.

9. Qualifications obtained in Nigeria:
 Original WAEC Statement of Result.
 Original First Degree Certificate (if going for a Masters’ degree).
 Masters Degree Certificate (if going for a Ph. D. degree)
This documents must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the Nigerian authorities and,
subsequently, by the Spanish Consulate in Lagos.

10. If there are educational documents issued by other countries, they should be legalized by Spanish
Consular Office accredited in the country concerned. These documents have also to be legalized in the
Spanish Consulate.

11. Admission Letter issued by the educational institution concerned (University, School, etc.). It must be
translated into Spanish.

12. Original receipt of the payment issued for the educational institution concerned in respect of tuition fees
for the first year.

13. Accommodation fees for the first year.

14. Proof of Income. Applicants shall present documents indicating that they possess sufficient means of
subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or
residence. When processing study visa applications this Consulate General demands the payment in
advance of a substantial part of fees (between 25-30%).
 If the applicant is an employee: Letter of Appointment, Leave Letter, Salary Slips of the last 6 month, Bank
Statement of the last 6 months where your salary comes in, Bank Statements of other accounts.
 If the applicant is a businessman/businesswoman: All original documents relating to the Company
(Certificate of Incorporation or Registration, Memorandum of Articles of Association, Tax Clearance
Certificate, etc.), Bank Statements of the last 6 months (personal and business).
 If the applicant has a sponsor: Their Bank Statements of the last 6 months. Only relatives can be
a sponsor. The family ties between the applicant and the sponsor must be clearly demonstrated
with Birth Certificates. Enterprises cannot sponsor students.

15. In the student is a minor, it is compulsory to submit an Authorization Letter signed by both
parents. It must be translated into Spanish and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and,
subsequently, by the Consulate General of Spain in Lagos

7. Travel Medical Insurance: I recommend buying travel medical insurance from Europ Assistance or AXA. Both companies are accepted by European Embassies and Consulates worldwide. You can also cancel it free of charge if you present proof that your student visa has been rejected.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by PizzleGold(m): 12:21am On Feb 16, 2020
Importance Notice

As of 2nd February’ 2020 The deadline for submitting a visa application is extended to 6 months instead of 3 months.
In case of Seafarers they may be presented with a maximum advance of 9 months. Visa application form has been changed. Visa Fee increases from February 2nd
Above 12 years : 80 Euros
6 to 11 years: 40 Euros Children
under 6 years: Free of charge

Source : BLS

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.