Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,443 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155131 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:45pm On May 27, 2016
zendman:

From my findings You can pay for just a month or even book an hotel but i won't advice you to book for an hotel. Did you find out about the amount for legalization at the embassy?
Note: Make sure you have at least 3 million naira as proof of financial capability in your personal account before you apply for visa.

No I did not but from a reliable source, I understand it is N1600 per page and this also conforms to information at the start of this thread by 1andonly. Also please go with the exact amount, it was also stated in this thread if you read from the beginning. Were you able to book a room down for a month? and where in Spain.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 1:28am On May 28, 2016
objifeanyi:

Amazing to me also seems like no one wants to go to Spain for further studies. I eventually had the chance to visit the consulate today on accommodation and they maintained I have to show evidence of accommodation as part of the visa process.

Unfortunately I could not go beyond the gate, I kept relating my message to the security personnel who fed me back after he had asked someone, as a result it did not afford me much opportunity to ask if I have to pay upfront for the entire duration of my program or I can book a room for say a month or two, while I check out other alternatives when I get there.

Guys who already got their student visas (for PG programs), how did you do yours - paid all in full or part!!! Any response will be appreciated smiley

First off, there are not so many folks going to Spain for studies but I reckon that before September, more people will definitely visit. I had the same challenges too.

You need a contract. Just a proof that you have somewhere to stay. The contract should be longer than 4 months. Truth is that most of these things we discussed somewhere in the thread (refer to Kudie page 4) so it is a bit difficult for me to repeat them.

I'd tell you what, that contract is for your own good as I found out. Some people coming from other countries who did not have any contract ended up paying prohibitive hotel prices whilst I just checked into my accommodation without spending any dime.

Depending on the city, you should be able to get something and the embassy takes this seriously. Again, it must be an original certificate sent from Spain.

PS: We discussed some of this in detail at some point in the thread. Most generic FAQ's have been treated.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 7:53am On May 28, 2016
1andonly:

First off, there are not so many folks going to Spain for studies but I reckon that before September, more people will definitely visit. I had the same challenges too.
You need a contract. Just a proof that you have somewhere to stay. The contract should be longer than 4 months. Truth is that most of these things we discussed somewhere in the thread (refer to Kudie page 4) so it is a bit difficult for me to repeat them.
I'd tell you what, that contract is for your own good as I found out. Some people coming from other countries who did not have any contract ended up paying prohibitive hotel prices whilst I just checked into my accommodation without spending any dime.
Depending on the city, you should be able to get something and the embassy takes this seriously. Again, it must be an original certificate sent from Spain.
PS: We discussed some of this in detail at some point in the thread. Most generic FAQ's have been treated.

Thanks 1andonly, it was a bit confusing for me because the school advised against it earlier till I found out that I am the first Nigerian applying from Nigeria. In any case I have a contact I am discussing with now. May I ask if the contract is in English or Spanish and will I have to legalize at the embassy.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:14pm On May 28, 2016
objifeanyi:

Thanks 1andonly, it was a bit confusing for me because the school advised against it earlier till I found out that I am the first Nigerian applying from Nigeria. In any case I have a contact I am discussing with now. May I ask if the contract is in English or Spanish and will I have to legalize at the embassy.

The contract is usually in Spanish and English; if in doubt they'd better write it in Spanish. No, you don't have to legalize it. I think they will place a call to the accommodation if they think there's something fishy and it better not be because you will be rejected and placed on a watch list.

Be careful, I heard there are scammers too.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:29pm On May 28, 2016
I need an accommodation in madrid because my school is in madrid. Do you have any contact there? @objifeanyi
@1andonly by contract you mean I have to pay for the whole four months or more?
objifeanyi:

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 2:22pm On May 28, 2016
zendman:
I need an accommodation in madrid because my school is in madrid. Do you have any contact there? @objifeanyi

No! Usually you pay for a month and an administration fee but they give you 4 months contract or 1 year. I got 1 year but then that might not be so good in case you want to move.

I think Kudie in page 4 states a particular accommodation in Madrid. You might want to consider that but I believe there are a million and one accommodation you could get in Madrid.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:30pm On May 28, 2016
zendman:

@zendman I will suggest you contact the ad com officers in your school to help you. In my own case I the ad com officer shared a contact with me. Recall schools in Spain may not have too many experience of Nigerian students applying from Nigeria so it is best you insist they share an accommodation contact with you
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 8:42am On May 29, 2016
@1andonly (or any one currently studying in Spain), please I need your thoughts on med insurance. I have read the post on how to obtain it but the school recommended buying from Spain not because the one from is inferior but because it may take a day or so for the health provoder in Spain to confirm with their Nigerian counterpart before treatment can be provided. Please what is your experience usingba health insurance cover from Nigeria.

Anyone's thoughts will be highly appreciated.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obiaguna(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2016
I have been following with keen interest on the possibility of studying in Spain. This particular country excites me. Does anyone have an idea of a capped tuition fee for most Spanish business schools at Msc level?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
objifeanyi:
@1andonly (or any one currently studying in Spain), please I need your thoughts on med insurance. I have read the post on how to obtain it but the school recommended buying from Spain not because the one from is inferior but because it may take a day or so for the health provoder in Spain to confirm with their Nigerian counterpart before treatment can be provided. Please what is your experience usingba health insurance cover from Nigeria.

Anyone's thoughts will be highly appreciated.

It's ok if you want to do that you might want to weigh up the cost and timelines. The Nigerian option is easier and seamless. You get it the same day. If you get to Spain and need another one, fair enough.

I have AIICO and have never had need to use it.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:36pm On May 29, 2016
obiaguna:
I have been following with keen interest on the possibility of studying in Spain. This particular country excites me. Does anyone have an idea of a capped tuition fee for most Spanish business schools at Msc level?
@obiaguna, not sure if looking for a max fee will be the right approach to studying outside Nigeria especially at PG level. Most important is to research various schools and see the one that fit into both your short and long term goals. Once you narrow your options down you can weed off some more based on finance (including scholarship & loans ) acceptance rate... You can also follow them on fb and twitter because they may organise events in Nigeria (I know of IE business school) and also attend webinars where you can ask more personalized questions. I know this may sound a bit cliched but honestly it worked for me when I decided to go to grad school.

Trust this helps.

Unfortunately I have no figure to share with you. It all depends on which grad school you choose to attend.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 9:30pm On May 29, 2016
1andonly:

It's ok if you want to do that you might want to weigh up the cost and timelines. The Nigerian option is easier and seamless. You get it the same day. If you get to Spain and need another one, fair enough.
I have AIICO and have never had need to use it.

@1andonly, thanks for your thoughts.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Harmony222(m): 3:15am On May 30, 2016
Anyone here help me with a valid number I can use to contact Spanish embassy at ️Abuja ? Pls help a bro in need..
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obiaguna(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2016
objifeanyi:

@obiaguna, not sure if looking for a max fee will be the right approach to studying outside Nigeria especially at PG level. Most important is to research various schools and see the one that fit into both your short and long term goals. Once you narrow your options down you can weed off some more based on finance (including scholarship & loans ) acceptance rate... You can also follow them on fb and twitter because they may organise events in Nigeria (I know of IE business school) and also attend webinars where you can ask more personalized questions. I know this may sound a bit cliched but honestly it worked for me when I decided to go to grad school.

Trust this helps.

Unfortunately I have no figure to it all depends on which buisness school you choose to attend.

Thanks . I would use your approach. Did you go to I.E though?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 12:28pm On May 30, 2016
obiaguna:

Thanks . I would use your approach. Did you go to I.E though?

No brother but same approach can be used regardless of which field you want to follow
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Pleae help! I laminated my b.sc certificate and I need to go to abuja and from there to Spanish embassy for authentication and legalization respectively. Will they accept the laminated copy because I am finding I difficult to remove the lamination.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 12:23am On Jun 10, 2016
zendman:
Pleae help! I laminated my b.sc certificate and I need to go to abuja and from there to Spanish embassy for authentication and legalization respectively. Will they accept the laminated copy because I am finding I difficult to remove the lamination.

@zendman, not sure if it will be a problem because I laminated mine also, however for Abuja, you authenticate the photocopies not the original. The original is for sighting.

As for the embassy I am blank on this one as I am yet to legalize my docs, but following the previous thread on this topic, you will most likely legalize the photocopies also and should the originals be needed, it will be for sighting purpose only... also go easy on trying to remove the lamination least you destroy your hard earned certificate.

Guys who have gone through this, please let us have your inputs and also correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Fyorgyn: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
smiley
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 5:49am On Jun 13, 2016
objifeanyi:

@zendman, not sure if it will be a problem because I laminated mine also, however for Abuja, you authenticate the photocopies not the original. The original is for sighting.

As for the embassy I am blank on this one as I am yet to legalize my docs, but following the previous thread on this topic, you will most likely legalize the photocopies also and should the originals be needed, it will be for sighting purpose only... also go easy on trying to remove the lamination lest you destroy your hard earned certificate.

Guys who have gone through this, please let us have your inputs and also correct me if I am wrong
I have my police report(2) copies, birth attestation, bsc certificate including the one with CTC stamp from my school, health report. Should I take all these to ministry of education for authentication and also take them to ministry of foreign affairs to also get it authenticated? How did you do yours
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
zendman:

I have my police report(2) copies, birth attestation, bsc certificate including the one with CTC stamp from my school, health report. Should I take all these to ministry of education for authentication and also take them to ministry of foreign affairs to also get it authenticated? How did you do yours

@zendman, yes you will have to take them to the Min of Education & F. Affairs for authentication. All the docs you mentioned must be authenticated by the Min of Foreign Affairs, while Birth Cert and Transcript must be authenticated by both ministries
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:50am On Jun 21, 2016
I have done my authentication but can you imagine I spent 31k for everything just because I could not travel to abuja due to my work... I authenticated both original and photocopy sha. The guy who did it said they requested for my waec and primary school lining certificate. Did u experience that @1andonly hope they won't ask for my primary school certificate during legalization because only God know where that one dey Will be hitting the embassy next two weeks for my legalization. wink but why this thread dry like this self. If not for personal conviction I for done port from this Spanish stuff because I just dey surprise why this thread dry angry anyway madrid loading in a bit
objifeanyi:

@zendman, yes you will have to take them to the Min of Education & F. Affairs for authentication. All the docs you mentioned must be authenticated by the Min of Foreign Affairs, while Birth Cert and Transcript must be authenticated by both ministries
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Pls house wat s syllabus of subjects and ow can I get it fr school. Tanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by WhyNa: 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
opaniyi12:
Pls house wat s syllabus of subjects and ow can I get it fr school. Tanks

It's like course content or what you call scheme of work in primary school. Say under pry maths for basic 1, you can have 1) addition and subtraction 2) place values 3) telling the time... blah blah blah. Pray your school has/gives cheesy
Re: Spanish Student Visas by masterjay22: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks for your post please, i just got admitted into a university in spain as a free mover, i will like to know the requirements.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by masterjay22: 9:13am On Jun 23, 2016
1and only can i get your contact?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Read from page zero to page 5 you will find answers to your questions. Wish you the very best. wink
masterjay22:
Thanks for your post please, i just got admitted into a university in spain as a free mover, i will like to know the requirements.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Went for legalization today at the consulate in kofo but walahi I just dey cry now cry can u imagine those people said they will investigate my bsc. I paid 80k and another 8k for the other documents. Was told to come for the other documents on Thursday while my bsc will take two whole months so I will have to collect it on 25th August. No matter what sha "vision madrid" still dey clear. For those who are yet to do theirs just pray hard. May God bless you all and most especially 1andonly.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Israelly1122: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Seunbunmi:

Hello, thanks for starting this thread, quite insightful. I recently won an Erasmus Masters scholarship and my first mobility country is Spain. Waiting for my school to send the necessary documents. So I will be visiting the Spanish Embassy soon.

Also I would be going to Barcelona!

Regards.
pls how far with the visa processing or are you already out of the country
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hiya @zendman, not sure if we are allowed to post pictures of faces here, else we would have put a face to the names. I was also at the consulate yesterday and they gave me the same reason. This is very painful for me because school starts 8th of August with Orientation and I risk loosing the admission.

In any case I have informed the school of my predicaments, but loosing close to a month in a 10 months M.Eng course... not sure how the school will greet it

zendman:
Went for legalization today at the consulate in kofo but walahi I just dey cry now cry can u imagine those people said they will investigate my bsc. I paid 80k and another 8k for the other documents. Was told to come for the other documents on Thursday while my bsc will take two whole months so I will have to collect it on 25th August. No matter what sha "vision madrid" still dey clear. For those who are yet to do theirs just pray hard. May God bless you all and most especially 1andonly.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hiya Everyone,

Just some heads up in addition to steps prescribed by 1andonly, please also make sure your University stamps a CTC on your transcript. This set me back like over a week when I went to submit documents for legalization.

Also in the light of the investigation thingy with the embassy, please try to be at the embassy for legalization 3 months before resumption date in school. I know this may sound odd because PCC is valid for 3 months, but as long as you submit your visa before it expires, it will be honored, instead of having to be in a similar predicament as mine...

The reason is that in case your documents need to be investigated, you will not loose out entirely because at the expiration of the investigation period, you still have a month to submit your visa (and you are still OK since you have to apply for your visa six weeks before resumption)

Spanish visa is painfully slow and more often the investigation could even finish before two months , however they will not reach out to you until the date written on your receipt when you have to physically show up to pick it up.

We wish all of us God's favour!

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
objifeanyi:
Hiya @zendman, not sure if we are allowed to post pictures of faces here, else we would have put a face to the names. I was also at the consulate yesterday and they gave me the same reason. This is very painful for me because school starts 8th of August with Orientation and I risk loosing the admission.

In any case I have informed the school of my predicaments, but loosing close to a month in a 10 months M.Eng course... not sure how the school will greet it

Lol @face to the names hahahaha. Anyhow, you guys can meet at the consulate. I think the majority of us met last year though we're barely in touch.

For Seunbunmi I had the good fortune of even staying in the same hostel with him till he left for his European adventures...I miss him real good on account of Nigerian to chat with, free food, another room to stay, his mortal hatred for capitalism etc.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2016
The luck I have now is my school resumes 20th of September so my plan now is to pay my fees by july and get necessary documents so once I collect the certificate on the 25th of August I will just apply for visa immediately. I wore a white long sleeve and black trousers yesterday. I also carried a black bag. Was very quiet wink
objifeanyi:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.