Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155302 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
I have a feeling that those people don't investigate anything. What are they investigating for two whole months. They just dey chop our 80k. Beside which sane individual will pay 80k for a fake certificate I was even surprise to see they are Nigerians.
objifeanyi:
Hiya Everyone,

Just some heads up in addition to steps prescribed by 1andonly, please also make sure your University stamps a CTC on your transcript. This set me back like over a week when I went to submit documents for legalization.

Also in the light of the investigation thingy with the embassy, please try to be at the embassy for legalization 3 months before resumption date in school. I know this may sound odd because PCC is valid for 3 months, but as long as you submit your visa before it expires, it will be honored, instead of having to be in a similar predicament as mine...

The reason is that in case your documents need to be investigated, you will not loose out entirely because at the expiration of the investigation period, you still have a month to submit your visa (and you are still OK since you have to apply for your visa six weeks before resumption)

Spanish visa is painfully slow and more often the investigation could even finish before two months , however they will not reach out to you until the date written on your receipt when you have to physically show up to pick it up.

We wish all of us God's favour!

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
zendman:
I have a feeling that those people don't investigate anything. What are they investigating for two whole months. They just dey chop our 80k. Beside which sane individual will pay 80k for a fake certificate I was even surprise to see they are Nigerians.

Anyways we will make here a repository of information for students wishing to study in Spain. At least they will be better informed and assess their chances early on

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
@zendman, Please may I ask if you submitted your WAEC Certificate for legalization

zendman:
Went for legalization today at the consulate in kofo but walahi I just dey cry now cry can u imagine those people said they will investigate my bsc. I paid 80k and another 8k for the other documents. Was told to come for the other documents on Thursday while my bsc will take two whole months so I will have to collect it on 25th August. No matter what sha "vision madrid" still dey clear. For those who are yet to do theirs just pray hard. May God bless you all and most especially 1andonly.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:26am On Jun 29, 2016
As a matter of fact the man use my waec and health certificate stone me after handling my doc to him. angrythat was after seeing my bsc though smiley
objifeanyi:
@zendman, Please may I ask if you submitted your WAEC Certificate for legalization

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Damola89: 12:22am On Jul 02, 2016
Hi guys. I have been following this forum for a while. I am trying to apply for a student visa to pursue a PhD programme at UAB. Since I am been sponsored by TETfund through my university (especially since I have the approval) do I still need to log some money into my account? Also, I have not been issued an original masters certicate, for the main time, I use an attestation of result. Can I legalize the attestation and will it be considered during the visa application process?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Israelly1122: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seunbunmi:

Hello, thanks for starting this thread, quite insightful. I recently won an Erasmus Masters scholarship and my first mobility country is Spain. Waiting for my school to send the necessary documents. So I will be visiting the Spanish Embassy soon.

Also I would be going to Barcelona!

Regards.

I intend applying for this scholarship after my nysc, my cgpa is 4.10. I don't know if I stand a better chance.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 2:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Damola89:
Hi guys. I have been following this forum for a while. I am trying to apply for a student visa to pursue a PhD programme at UAB. Since I am been sponsored by TETfund through my university (especially since I have the approval) do I still need to log some money into my account? Also, I have not been issued an original masters certicate, for the main time, I use an attestation of result. Can I legalize the attestation and will it be considered during the visa application process?

I don't think you need to seeing it is a Federal Government program.

For attestation I don't think that one will work.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by haazybanj: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
Bro, do you still require the services of an authorised Spanish translator?

Hello Nobody. I need to do some translations, can you help me?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hi Guys, I need help please, I need to translate my documents into Spanish. @1andonly the Rodrigo guy didn't reply me after sending my documents to him.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
ManCiCi1:
Hi Guys, I need help please, I need to translate my documents into Spanish. @1andonly the Rodrigo guy didn't reply me after sending my documents to him.

Contact Vivian or wait, he will respond. What email did you use btw?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2016
I used the email that was given here, I even checked the website to be sure. He just responded once asking me to send the documents and that was it. Please is Vivian a certified translator of the Spanish government?
1andonly:

Contact Vivian or wait, he will respond. What email did you use btw?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2016
I am in the same exact predicament as you but worse. It's very annoying. I'm scheduled to collect my documents after investigation on September 1st when school resumes Sept 6th. Could you do us a favour? Could you let us know when the Lawyer contacts you for investigation and visitation so we'll know how long it takes to be contacted after submission for legalization. I'd do the same. Thanks.
zendman:
Went for legalization today at the consulate in kofo but walahi I just dey cry now cry can u imagine those people said they will investigate my bsc. I paid 80k and another 8k for the other documents. Was told to come for the other documents on Thursday while my bsc will take two whole months so I will have to collect it on 25th August. No matter what sha "vision madrid" still dey clear. For those who are yet to do theirs just pray hard. May God bless you all and most especially 1andonly.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2016
ManCiCi1:
I am in the same exact predicament as you but worse. It's very annoying. I'm scheduled to collect my documents after investigation on September 1st when school resumes Sept 6th. Could you do us a favour? Could you let us know when the Lawyer contacts you for investigation and visitation so we'll know how long it takes to be contacted after submission for legalization. I'd do the same. Thanks.

Hiya @ ManCiCi1, please help me understand here, will the law firm contact you for the investigation, I thought they will go straight to whatever institution or place they have to carry out the investigation behind your back and report back to the consulate. I spoke to the consulate on the phone last week and they mentioned that I have to be contacted by the firm carrying out the investigation but I did not understand it

Mine is even worse as I now need a miracle!!! School starts in a month's time and my investigation is to be concluded on the 25th of Aug. despite asking specifically if any thing will impact my timeline and nothing like investigation was mentioned until when I went for legalization about a month ago.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
@objifeanyi to my own understanding, the law firm would go to your institution probably without you knowing and at the same time they'll contact you to visit your home. The woman at the embassy told me I could plead with the lawyer to help expedite the whole process so I could get my documents before the scheduled date.
objifeanyi:

Hiya @ ManCiCi1, please help me understand here, will the law firm contact you for the investigation, I thought they will go straight to whatever institution or place they have to carry out the investigation behind your back and report back to the consulate. I spoke to the consulate on the phone last week and they mentioned that I have to be contacted by the firm carrying out the investigation but I did not understand it

Mine is even worse as I now need a miracle!!! School starts in a month's time and my investigation is to be concluded on the 25th of Aug. despite asking specifically if any thing will impact my timeline and nothing like investigation was mentioned until when I went for legalization about a month ago.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
ManCiCi1:
I used the email that was given here, I even checked the website to be sure. He just responded once asking me to send the documents and that was it. Please is Vivian a certified translator of the Spanish government?

Yes Vivian is. If he responded, then chill out a bit. He is such a cool guy and his customer relationship skills for me is 10/10.

Maybe you should call him that way you'd know why he is not responding.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
@objifeanyi and @ManCiCi1 well. My certificate was never investigated but as for the timing, you might need your school to provide you with an additional letter stating that you won't miss classes even if you resume one month late or 3 weeks late.

I had similar issues and I also have another Nigerian in my school that resumed far later than me. To be sure I struggled in the first semester but made up for leeway afterwards.

So maybe it is not entirely a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
I didn't really ask them if I will be contacted. So far no one has contacted me and I won't even be able to meet them because my company is sending me to kano till August 20th. So even if they come to my house they won't find me. If they want to know if the certificate I suffered for is authentic they should go to Ahmadu Bello In zaria and get my details am sure the school has it. As a matter of fact the whole thing Is annoying. I even got admission into university of Siena in italy and I can't even start processing that now because my Almighty certificate is somewhere lying in an envelope with God knows who angry .
ManCiCi1:
@objifeanyi to my own understanding, the law firm would go to your institution probably without you knowing and at the same time they'll contact you to visit your home. The woman at the embassy told me I could plead with the lawyer to help expedite the whole process so I could get my documents before the scheduled date.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good to know that more people are now joining the Spanish train, I thought I was all alone in this.
@1andonly my school said I can't pay school fee from here in Nigeria that they will only accept 300 euros which is the enrolment fee and that once I pay the enrolment fee of 300 euros they will send my documents to apply for the visa. I told them the embassy might find that awkward but they insist I must be in their school to enrol and that it Is kind of a manual process since they pay base on number of courses enrolled. Am kind of confuse because it will look somehow during visa processing. Any advice

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
ManCiCi1:

Hiya ManCiCi1,

Thanks for the sharing the info, just to get what you mentioned, did the embassy give you permission to speak to the investigators? thought it should be confidential...Nways in my own case I paid the investigation fee into the law firm - Consolex and I believe they are the ones carrying out the investigation... just hope they could speed it up because various factors may affect this (I guess) which includes getting a sizeable number for a particular location...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Damola89:

Hiya I am not a visa sage but I reckon you follow through with 1andonly's suggestion/advice in earlier threads... Since you are sponsored by Tetfund, I am sure you will have a letter to that effect and you will be fine. Regarding having some money in your account, I think it is not out of place to have some money in your account, besides you are submitting a statement (not the money grin) and if the visa officer does not deem it fit, it will be returned to you (bottom line make your margin of error to be low from a docs perspective...

More importantly, please send an e mail to the Spanish embassy requesting information on any of your doubts... Embassies do not always release full visa information to public and with no disrespect, the Spanish Consulate here in Lagos is no better (I am sure following the thread by 1andonly, none of their educational materials were investigated, but it is different this year) however if you probe, you will get information that may affect your timeline.

Lastly ensure you submit your docs for legalization 3.5 months before your intended date of resumption, this will give you enough time in case there is an error (can't emphasize this enough). Do not worry too much about the PCC as long as you can submit your visa application before it expires (i.e. if it will expire two weeks before resumption, just make sure that you submit your application before it is expires)

May God grant us the needed favor on this visa application.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
One of them kudie had his document investigated.
@all applicant which bank can I get my form A processed fast cos gtb and union seems to be messing up.
But wait oo na so Spanish university dey give admission Another one just dropped today making 4 in total. But I heading to UPM but kind of tempted by UPC in barcelona. They seems to teach more using English while UPM dey even send me mail using Spanish I have to use Google translator before I understand them smiley
objifeanyi:

Hiya I am not a visa sage but I reckon you follow through with 1andonly's suggestion/advice in earlier threads... Since you are sponsored by Tetfund, I am sure you will have a letter to that effect and you will be fine. Regarding having some money in your account, I think it is not out of place to have some money in your account, besides you are submitting a statement (not the money grin) and if the visa officer does not deem it fit, it will be returned to you (bottom line make your margin of error to be low from a docs perspective...

More importantly, please send an e mail to the Spanish embassy requesting information on any of your doubts... Embassies do not always release full visa information to public and with no disrespect, the Spanish Consulate here in Lagos is no better (I am sure following the thread by 1andonly, none of their educational materials were investigated, but it is different this year) however if you probe, you will get information that may affect your timeline.

Lastly ensure you submit your docs for legalization 3.5 months before your intended date of resumption, this will give you enough time in case there is an error (can't emphasize this enough). Do not worry too much about the PCC as long as you can submit your visa application before it expires (i.e. if it will expire two weeks before resumption, just make sure that you submit your application before it is expires)

May God grant us the needed favor on this visa application.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
So someone cannot delete a post on Nairaland. I opened this post inadvertently.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
Good evening all,
Please am done with ministry of foreign affairs, what next will I do, is it at spanish embassy that I will do legallization of documents? If yes,do I need to book appointment?
Kindly assist me on what next to do because am confuse.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
obycindy:
Good evening all,
Please am done with ministry of foreign affairs, what next will I do, is it at spanish embassy that I will do legallization of documents? If yes,do I need to book appointment?
Kindly assist me on what next to do because am confuse.

Please go through the earlier thread by 1andonly you will see the email you need to send to book your appointment... And yes you need to book an appointment with consulate for legalization. Also photocopy all your docs as per original format i.e if your doc has a front and back page make sure the photocopy is same
Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dear Collins,
Classes begin on 15th September and enrollment is on 8th September. You should pay the fees(300 euros) before 19th July in order to have the document for your visa application sent to you. The rest of the fees are to be paid in September, when you enroll.
Best regards

please 1andonly how should i go about this. from the mail they said classes begin sept 15th and enrolment is 8th sept. How will i go about it because i still feel the embassy might ask for the full semester payment which base on my calculation is 1500 euros. I have already told them this but they keep saying it is their own policy. I want to make the payment now for 300 euros. please advice
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
tinkagi:

Dear Collins,
Classes begin on 15th September and enrollment is on 8th September. You should pay the fees(300 euros) before 19th July in order to have the document for your visa application sent to you. The rest of the fees are to be paid in September, when you enroll.
Best regards

please 1andonly how should i go about this. from the mail they said classes begin sept 15th and enrolment is 8th sept. How will i go about it because i still feel the embassy might ask for the full semester payment which base on my calculation is 1500 euros. I have already told them this but they keep saying it is their own policy. I want to make the payment now for 300 euros. please advice

To be sure, I don't really know but you have a couple of options.

1) Have the money in your account plus your living expense.

2) Ask your school to send you a document stating this. The people you speak with at the embassy are not the ones that issue visas. It is the consular general. So sometimes what they say might be overboard.

3) Tell the consulate again or get your school to send them an email on your behalf.

I trust this helped.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you. Will go for the first option although the school sent me a document stating that i have made commitment to study with them. Beside the 300 euros is non refundable smiley
the issue now is they sent me a link "housinganywhere" to get accommodation in Barcelona but the agent is saying I will get the one month contract i paid for which is 315 euros in total. Is that okay i thought i am suppose to get at-least 3 months contract
1andonly:

To be sure, I don't really know but you have a couple of options.

1) Have the money in your account plus your living expense.

2) Ask your school to send you a document stating this. The people you speak with at the embassy are not the ones that issue visas. It is the consular general. So sometimes what they say might be overboard.

3) Tell the consulate again or get your school to send them an email on your behalf.

I trust this helped.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hello house,please how long does it take to legalise documents at spanish embassy. Can someone do dat for me? Kindly assist as my school is resuming by September. @Tinkagi, I seems we are attending the same school in Barcelona. Please I need your assistance. How will I go about legallization of documents at spanish embassy and translation. Kindly assist me.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
obycindy:
Hello house,please how long does it take to legalise documents at spanish embassy. Can someone do dat for me? Kindly assist as my school is resuming by September. @Tinkagi, I seems we are attending the same school in Barcelona. Please I need your assistance. How will I go about legallization of documents at spanish embassy and translation. Kindly assist me.

Which school and what's your major?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please do I need to authenticate police report at ministry of foreign affairs.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 8:47am On Jul 19, 2016
am heading to universitat politecnica de catalunya(UPC) take all your documents(police report, bcs certificate and the one with CTC stamp, NPC birth attestation, and health report(though they will remove it sha just go with it) also prepare your 80,000 naira just incase they want to investigate your hard earned certificate. lipsrsealed Also i would have love to help but i am really busy in my place of work and they won't allow me out because i have some task to catch up with.
lastly make sure all these document are photocopied(back and front) make sure you authenticate them at ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education.
obycindy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.