Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread (2552 Views)

Make Quality, Catchy And Durable Signages In Lagos And Nigeria / Make Quality, Catchy And Durable Signages In Lagos And Nigeria / Once You See The Name Mynd44 On Your Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2015

This popped into my head few days ago and I decided to share. smiley

For sometime now threads such as "Lack of topics in romance, blah blah blah" and a couple of others with the most recent one being "Reunion thread - How to move the section forward" have been trending.

While the essence for these threads are laudable, we are quick to toss everything that was discussed in the bin and the lovely comments are soon forgotten. Howbiet it seems like we are having a parody of the National Conference. cheesy

Much talk, No Action. smiley

We all want to create interesting threads (well at least most active users) and have significant amount of good traffic to it. By traffic I mean excluding derailers and trolls. smiley

Its clearly not rocket science that not every thread will make Front Page. Although frankly speaking am yet to understand how it works, but one thing is certain, its definitely not totally a function of its content.

So here are 5 tips to create that catchy thread, increase your traffic, comments and have a chance at FP. grin

1. Get Controversial

Yes I said it. Everyone loves to argue about something and take sides. Creating an exciting topic that has a little bit of controversy in it would definitely get you those views and comments.

I saw a thread recently titled "Can a born again give a 'head' during sex"
I immediately saw 'front page' written all over it. The combination of religion and a sexual odyssey generated so much controversy.

Voila!!! It hit FP.

2. Embrace Suspense

No one likes suspense, there is always this itchy feeling to know exactly what the OP means and the temptation to click and view the thread is high.

There are a lot of new threads being opened every minute and yet we don't open all the threads we come across.

Why? smiley

The reason is simple, if the "Title" isn't interesting we ignore and only focus on exciting titles and those with a bit of suspense. In other words, you can have a good write up and still not get tangible views.

3. Be Creative & Original

Creativity and Originality cannot be over emphasised. While I won't advocate for copying and pasting, am not saying you shouldn't.

If you must copy someone's article from their blog, be sure to search the title of the article on NL to avoid duplicating threads. Ensure you also paste the source. Don't plagiarise. smiley

I am Pro Originality and the reason being is that, this comes straight from you. Spicing up originality with creativity is like a three course continental cuisine served with chilled margarita. smiley

4. Proof Read & Spell Check

Yes I know you are very eager to let everybody on NL see and read your thread but don't be in a rush. Excellence is a virtue. smiley

While I was working on this thread I had close to 10 different headers that I had written down. But after going through them all, I had to settle for just 5 and that was decided through proof reading.

You want people to take your threads serious and yet you muddle up your post together as though its one sentence.

Habaa!!! Paragraphs are free! Seun Osewa doesn't charge for using it too much. smiley

5. Copy the World

Yeah, I got this from a comment on my previous thread. While a number of moniker's said I wanted to get noticed which is just laughable. I mean who creates a thread and wants no one to view it?? Or after writing an epistle, you expect me to settle for 50views and 2 comments?

*in olamides voice* Are you a learner? smiley

While I ignored a lot of those comments cos they were generating traffic. I also didn't stop do dish it out to the smarty who actually said I "copied the whole world". grin

So how do you go about this. Your content should determine who you copy.

If you have a very nice write up in romance, you could copy the likes of "Ronald4lif, Naijaboiy, Missclasssy, MzNelly, MizMyColi, Borrussia, Iprevail, Lala247, Chiam55, Orijin101, Xynerise, Darkangel86, Idowuogbo " and so many others. smiley

There is a catch to this, your content should determine who you tag, for instance If its something hilarious and you tag certain monikers, you might get comments such as " undecided ", "Rubbish", "Bullshit".

Take your time to study threads that hit FP or threads with lots of pages and see the monikers that drop interesting comments. Don't hesitate to copy them when you create something exciting.

They don't live and eat on the internet so don't assume they would see it. smiley

When they make comments on your post, their followers automatically see it and would want to check it out and comment on it. The ripple effect gives you exactly what you want.

TRAFICCCCCCC!!!!!!! grin

A lot of people would only comment on a thread if they find a particular comment interesting or hilarious.

Feel free to discuss and add yours. grin

Gracias

Cc:
Ishilove, Farano, Lalasticala

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by agarawu23(m): 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Another plantain seller who carry NL matter for headcheesy

NL can't be like before and that's the point.

The owner is making his money u guys are there claiming Mr & Mrs perfect.
Better focus on your future than calling attention to things that won't fetch u money.

noticed.

modified:-
https://www.nairaland.com/2259854/romance-section-reunion-thread-how

what was the out come undecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Daughterzion(f): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
All this things?
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lol, wow

I've never seen him write so intelligently; I mean this in the nicest way possible. smiley smiley

This is beautiful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
but none of the afore-mentioned qualities is found in this thread.
jez kiddin, nyc write-up though...

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
agarawu23:

Lolzzz!! Really? And if I decide to carry it on my head how does that hurt you? smiley

agarawu23:

Better focus on your future than calling attention to things that won't fetch u money.

noticed.

This got me ROTFL...

Yeah we know he makes a lot of money, that's stating the obvious which really isn't much of an intelligent thing to say. smiley

Why are you on NL and reading this thread by the way?

Do you need a job? Or is this thread fetching you money?

LOL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
agarawu23:

noticed.

G0at! We getting rid of you and your likes on this section soonest
Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
*clearsthroat*
Erm.......Kinglekan u said wah?

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
agarawu23:

noticed.

What has happened to your brain? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by tosyne2much(m): 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
Observing comments from my coconut tree cool

I'm here to learn how to create catchy topics and generate traffic cool

**Brilliant write-up OP

2 Likes

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
kinglekan:

This popped into my head few days ago and I decided to share. smiley

For sometime now threads such as "Lack of topics in romance, blah blah blah" and a couple of others with the most recent one being "Reunion thread - How to move the section forward" have been trending.

While the essence for these threads are laudable, we are quick to toss everything that was discussed in the bin and the lovely comments are soon forgotten. Howbiet it seems like we are having a parody of the National Conference. cheesy

Much talk, No Action. smiley

We all want to create interesting threads (well at least most active users) and have significant amount of good traffic to it. By traffic I mean excluding derailers and trolls. smiley

Its clearly not rocket science that not every thread will make Front Page. Although frankly speaking am yet to understand how it works, but one thing is certain, its definitely not totally a function of its content.

So here are 5 tips to create that catchy thread, increase your traffic, comments and have a chance at FP. grin

1. Get Controversial

Yes I said it. Everyone loves to argue about something and take sides. Creating an exciting topic that has a little bit of controversy in it would definitely get you those views and comments.

I saw a thread recently titled "Can a born again give a 'head' during sex"
I immediately saw 'front page' written all over it. The combination of religion and a sexual odyssey generated so much controversy.

Voila!!! It hit FP.

2. Embrace Suspense

No one likes suspense, there is always this itchy feeling to know exactly what the OP means and the temptation to click and view the thread is high.

There are a lot of new threads being opened every minute and yet we don't open all the threads we come across.

Why? smiley

The reason is simple, if the "Title" isn't interesting we ignore and only focus on exciting titles and those with a bit of suspense. In other words, you can have a good write up and still not get tangible views.

3. Be Creative & Original

Creativity and Originality cannot be over emphasised. While I won't advocate for copying and pasting, am not saying you shouldn't.

If you must copy someone's article from their blog, be sure to search the title of the article on NL to avoid duplicating threads. Ensure you also paste the source. Don't plagiarise. smiley

I am Pro Originality and the reason being is that, this comes straight from you. Spicing up originality with creativity is like a three course continental cuisine served with chilled margarita. smiley

4. Proof Read & Spell Check

Yes I know you are very eager to let everybody on NL see and read your thread but don't be in a rush. Excellence is a virtue. smiley

While I was working on this thread I had close to 10 different headers that I had written down. But after going through them all, I had to settle for just 5 and that was decided through proof reading.

You want people to take your threads serious and yet you muddle up your post together as though its one sentence.

Habaa!!! Paragraphs are free! Seun Osewa doesn't charge for using it too much. smiley

5. Copy the World

Yeah, I got this from a comment on my previous thread. While a number of moniker's said I wanted to get noticed which is just laughable. I mean who creates a thread and wants no one to view it?? Or after writing an epistle, you expect me to settle for 50views and 2 comments?

*in olamides voice* Are you a learner? smiley

While I ignored a lot of those comments cos they were generating traffic. I also didn't stop do dish it out to the smarty who actually said I "copied the whole world". grin

So how do you go about this. Your content should determine who you copy.

If you have a very nice write up in romance, you could copy the likes of "Ronald4lif, Naijaboiy, Missclasssy, MzNelly, MizMyColi, Borrussia, Iprevail, Lala247, Chiam55, Orijin101, Xynerise, Darkangel86, Idowuogbo " and so many others. smiley

There is a catch to this, your content should determine who you tag, for instance If its something hilarious and you tag certain monikers, you might get comments such as " undecided ", "Rubbish", "Bullshit".

Take your time to study threads that hit FP or threads with lots of pages and see the monikers that drop interesting comments. Don't hesitate to copy them when you create something exciting.

They don't live and eat on the internet so don't assume they would see it. smiley

When they make comments on your post, their followers automatically see it and would want to check it out and comment on it. The ripple effect gives you exactly what you want.

TRAFICCCCCCC!!!!!!! grin

A lot of people would only comment on a thread if they find a particular comment interesting or hilarious.

Feel free to discuss and add yours. grin

Gracias

Cc:
Ishilove, Farano, Lalasticala

Kudos!

3 Likes

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by SleekyP(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
bypassing wink
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Blebleswag:
*clearsthroat*
Erm.......Kinglekan u said wah?

Criticise or add your comments dear. smiley
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
kinglekan:

Criticise or add your comments dear. smiley

Nice write up smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
Number 1 is key .. But most get scared cuz they dont want to get bashed and alot cant handle it .. So most post topic that dont make sense sometimes

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:

Nice write up smiley

grin. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Observing comments from my coconut tree cool

I'm here to learn how to create catchy topics and generate traffic cool

**Brilliant write-up OP

Thanks Boss!!

Salute!!! grin
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by tosyne2much(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:
Number 1 is key .. But most get scared cuz they dont want to get bashed and alot cant handle it .. So most post topic that dont make sense sometimes
Many people have phobia for bashing, dem no be like me wey no dey send anybody
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Many people have phobia for bashing, dem no be like me wey no dey send anybody

Lol oga tough skin grin
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by tosyne2much(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
kinglekan:

Thanks Boss!!

Salute!!! grin
Na learn I come learn 4 ya thread oooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
agarawu23:

noticed.
WICKED!

Most of these guys wouldn't be active on threads where their brains are picked on. Just like our contemporary music industry, the folks here create threads which promote inordinate vainglory and pettiness because that's what the teeming members want, on the average. One moniker here is (in)famous for creating every conceivable silly threads. HE CALLS HIMSELF "THE MAN OF LISTS" but methinks his I.Q IS THE LEAST.

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by tosyne2much(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:

Lol oga tough skin grin
Me go still cause wahala in d evening sef.. Hehehe cheesy
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nice post, op....

2 Likes

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by kinglekan: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Me go still cause wahala in d evening sef.. Hehehe cheesy

Hehehe, Another controversial thread loading bah?
smiley
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Honestly Honestly

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by agarawu23(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

G0at! We getting rid of you and your likes on this section soonest
Watch out!
get rid of your balls for all I careundecided
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
agarawu23:

Better focus on your future than calling attention to things that won't fetch u money undecided

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by agarawu23(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

WICKED!

Most of these guys wouldn't be active on threads where there brains are picked on. Just like our contemporary music industry, the folks here create threads which promote inordinate vaingliry and pettiness because that's what the teeming members want, on the average. One moniker here is (in)famous for creating every conceivable silly threads. HE CALLS HIMSELF "THE MAN OF LISTS" but methinks his I.Q IS THE LEAST.

I wonder oo
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nice Epistle........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by 2dice(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
Observing
Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by tosyne2much(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
kinglekan:

Hehehe, Another controversial thread loading bah?
smiley
Just watch out cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Create Catchy Topics & Generate Traffic To Your Thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
I can see some vidiots commenting all sort of sh!!tz but the truth is that, I'm impressed! kinglekan!!! you deserve 7bottles of orijin cheesy

Nice write up bro cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunday Oct 29th, Sure 3.08 Odds Selected Matches, Bet9ja / BREAKING NEWS!!! LEADER OF BOKOHARAM SECT -SHEKAU HAS CONTRACTED EBOLA VIRUS! / Ex Kogi Governor Kissing His Beautiful Young Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.