Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Barka Juma'ah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Barka Juma'ah (107957 Views)

Barka Da Sallah Nairalanders / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
Salaam

This topic is strictly about Juma'ah what you learnt there, who did you give zakat to, what did you see, what made you happy? what didnt you like?

anything you saw on your way to and on your way from.

How did you start this friday? and every other friday.

Please note, If you do not have anything to say about Juma'ah please ignore the topic, i do not have time for railway workers, stay on topic, do not post sarcastic, or ridiculing stuff in here it wont be tolerated

Thanks
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2009
I'm rounding up to leave for Jumaat very soon.
The Jumaat sermon in the Mosque I attend has been on Palestine/Israel war in the last 3 Jumaats. I don't know will be discussed today, but maybe the topic is inexhaustible, so maybe it will be continued today.

1 Like

Re: Barka Juma'ah by vescucci(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
I usually don't post anything in the reliion section. A lot of ignorant muslims and christians and atheists and people I just don't know what camps they're a part of come here and spew hate and animosity all over the place. I steer clear thus. I hope you keep this place serene, Mukina, or else I'd be gone as abruptly as I came. Good job, Muki B.t.w.
Hey Jarus. We met like six years ago but I'm sure your memory's swiped. My cousin Toyin introduced us. We used to come pray in your home sometimes. Your relative (I don't remember how he was related to you) Yinka was in the same Faculty I was then. Anyways, I hope you're good.

@Topic. Jumu'at has never been quite the same for me since I left school. It's supposed to be elaborately prepared for i.e. dress your best, wear perfume, arrive before the imam e.t.c. Nowadays I'm just caught up in a rooling stone kinada life. Maybe one day. What I don't like is people praying as far away from the Mosque as possible and not paying attention to arrangements. Thereby a lot of traffic congestions ensues. I trust everybody had a good Jumu'at.

Salam
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2009
Vescussi,
Salam,
Sure, I've known who are. Toyin's cousin. I remember very well when Toyin introduced you to me. That should be around 2002/2003. Nice meeting you here again.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by MrCrackles(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2009
Salam folks

I didnt do Juma'ah again today!

Mosques are miles away!!!!
embarassed
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2009
Jumaat was fine, except that I got there quite late.
I met just the final part of the sermon and the Imam talked about the inevitability of death, specifically referring to the death of Yobe Governor. He also announced the death of a renowned Sufi ustaz, Alhaji Muhammad Awwal.

PS: I met the Group MD of First Bank, Alhaji Sanusi, in jumu'ah this afternoon. Very humble man.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Salam folks

I didnt do Juma'ah today again today!

Mosques are miles away!!!!
embarassed
Crackles, omo London grin grin grin
But I know the same won't happen next week insha Allah. Prepare. make up your mind. Set out early.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by MrCrackles(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2009
Jarus:

Crackles, omo London grin grin grin
But I know the same won't happen next week insha Allah. Prepare. make up your mind. Set out early.

I will try my best Jarus

It is so tough but God knows i so want to go every friday
grin cheesy
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2009
Salaam

Jarus, Vescucci and brash

Jarus
next time go there early angry grin

brash
i'll report you to Mama angry grin

Ves
no wahala, nothing like that will happen in here. smiley

Topic
i didnt go for Jumaat today embarassed traffic was crazy, i was late like jarus, so i waited until after Jumaat before i could pray embarassed
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Riskie(f): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2009
Today's Jummah was nice, much better than the last few where the imam kept talking about Jews and such lol. Anyway the topic was having faith in only Allah. He gave examples of how Aassyah, the wife of Fara'un was a prime example of IMAN, how Hajarah was also a woman of unfailing faith despite the trial she was put through with her son Ismail (ASWS). I had heard the story of Aassyah before when I was younger and almost forgot about it until he mentioned it again today. As the wife of the Fara'un she was expected to worship the idols and whatever that they did back then in ancient Egypt but she believed in Allah. That's so amazing to me considering how things were back then. Anyway when the Fara'un tried to force her to deny Allah she kept believing even though she was badly beaten by the Fara'un's men. While they beat her, she asked Allah to make her a house in Al-Jannah. When Allah showed her what HE had made her she smiled through the beatings. Subhana Allah! When she still refused to deny Allah they threw a boulder on her and Allah took her soul to spare her the agony. May Allah give us all unwavering faith like the faith of Aasyah and Hajarah. May we never encounter a situation that would make us deny HIM and may Allah make Paradise our final dwelling place, AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2009
I miss the Jummah of my school days. the imam there had a way of giving sermons that 'entered' . I remember this particular day he started blasting people about coming late - something so many of us take for granted. he also told us about the blessings of jummat - maybe babs can remind us. . .

Jarus - which mosque do you pray at 1004 or local govt?
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2009
I'm more used to LG.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2009
Quran 62 v 9: “O you who believe! When the call is made for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business. That is better for you if only you knew!”

The best day on which the sun rises is the day of Jumu’ah; on it Adam was created, on it he entered Paradise and on it he was taken out of Paradise”

“The Final Hour will take place on the day of Friday” {Narrated in Muslim}

“Whoever makes ghusl on the day of jumu’ah, uses the tooth stick (siwaak), applies perfume if he has it, wears of his best clothes, and then goes out until he comes to the mosque, and does not harm anyone, then prays as much as occurs to him to pray, and then remains silent when the Imam speaks until he prays the obligatory prayer, it is an reparation of whatever minor sins are between this and the next jumu’ah”(Narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawud&Others)

“Whoever performs ghusl, goes to Jumu’ah, prays as much he is able to, remains silent until the Imam finishes his khutbah, then prays with him; he is forgiven (his minor sins) from that Friday until the next Friday in addition to three extra days and whosoever fails to do so has erred (Narrated by Muslim)

On Friday it is vital that we strive to make the most of our time by supplicating to Allah, as it is mentioned in both Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (SAW), mentioned the day of Friday and said:

“In it there is an (opportune) hour when Allah gives to the Muslim standing in prayer whatever he asks for.” And he pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands. (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (SAW) said:
“Friday is from amongst the best of days, on it Adam was created, and on it the horn will be blown and all will fall unconscious, so send abundant blessings upon me on this day for indeed your salutations are presented to me. They, the companions said: O Messenger of Allah how can this be when you have been buried and your body has decayed? And the Prophet (SAW) said: Indeed Allah, Exalted and Magnified is He, has forbidden the earth from consuming the bodies of the Prophets”.

“Whosoever recites Surah Al-Kahf on Friday will have a light illuminated for him between the two Fridays” (Narrated by Nasa’i Bayhaqi & others)

"Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba (to clean ritual impurity) and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah's cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutba), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutba" (Bukhari and Muslim)

“When it is a Friday, the Angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) the Angels fold their papers and listen to the Khutba. (Narrated in Bukhari and Muslim)

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah and Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah led those who came before us away from Friday. The Jews had Saturday, and the Christians had Sunday. Then Allaah brought us and Allaah guided us to Friday. So there is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and thus they will follow us on the Day of Resurrection. We are the last of the people of this world but we will be the first on the Day of Resurrection, and we will be dealt with before all others.” (Muslim)

It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of your days is Friday. On that day Adam (peace be upon him) was created; on that day he died; on that day the Trumpet will be blown and on that day all of creation will swoon. So send a great deal of blessings upon me, for your blessings will be shown to me.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, how will our blessings upon you be shown to you when you have turned to dust?” He said, “Allaah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets, peace be upon them.”  (Abu Dawood; Classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Qayyim in his comments on Sunan Abi Dawood, 4/273; and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 925.)

It was narrated that Abu Lubaabah ibn ‘Abd al-Mundhir said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allaah. It is greater before Allaah than the day of al-Adha and the day of al-Fitr. It has five characteristics: on this day Allaah created Adam, on it He sent Adam down to the earth, on it Allaah caused Adam to die, on it there is a time when a person does not ask Allaah for anything but He gives it to him, so long as he does not ask for anything haraam, and on it the Hour will begin. There is no angel who is close to Allaah, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea that does not fear Friday.”   (Narrated by Ibn Maajah; 1084; Classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no.  2279)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him)reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “The five daily (prescribed) Salat, and Friday (prayer) to the next Friday (prayer), and the fasting of Ramadan to the next Ramadan, is expiation of the sins committed in between them, so long as major sins are avoided.” (Muslim)

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who dies during the day of Friday or the night of Friday but Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave.” (At-Tirmidhi) Classed as Sahih by Al-Albaani in Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz, p. 49, 50.

There are still some in
http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154526123507&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

AElfwine Mischler is an American convert to Islam. She has undergraduate degrees in physics and English, and a master's degree in linguistics and teaching English as a foreign language.
Read abour her journey into Islam
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Frizy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2009
@mukina2

We appreciate your effort to revile the number most important thread on nairaland. What can I say? Brothers, and sisters keep the good post coming. cheesy cheesy
Re: Barka Juma'ah by muhsin(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2009
Thank you very much for initiating the thread, mukina2.
I'll say my contribution soon, inshaAllah.
Allah bless!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2009
Subject: COMMON MISTAKES IN PRAYERS.

Dear All,

Forward it to many Muslims, so that they can learn and  correct their mistakes with the help of Allah

Common Errors in Prayer That MUST Be Avoided:-

1. Reciting Surat al-Fatiha without pausing after  each verse.

The Prophet (SAW) used to pause after each verse of this surah. (Abu Dawood)

2. Sticking the arms to the sides of the body, in rukoo' or sujood, and sticking the belly to the thighs in sujood.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "Let not one of you support himself on his forearms (in sujood ) like the dog.
  Let him rest on his palms and keep his elbows away from his body." ( Sahih Muslim)  The Messenger of
  Allah (SAW) used to keep his arms away from his body during rukoo' and sujood that the whiteness of his
armpits could be seen ( Sahih Muslim).

3. Gazing upward during prayer.

This may cause loss of concentration. We are commanded to lower our gaze, and look at the point at which the head rests during sujood.
  The Prophet (SAW) warned: "Let those who raise their gaze up during prayer stop doing so, or else their sights would not return to them. [ i.e. Lose their eyesight]. " ( Muslim)

4. Resting only the tip of the head on the floor during sujood.

The Prophet (SAW) said: "I am commanded to prostrate on seven bones the forehead and the nose, the two hands [palms],the two knees, and the two feet." ( Sahih Muslim)  Applying the above command necessitates resting the
forehead and the nose on the ground during sujood.

5. Hasty performance of prayer which does not allow repose and calmness in rukoo' or sujood.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) saw a man who did not complete his rukoo' [bowing], and made a very short sujood [prostration] ; he (SAW) said: "If this man dies while praying in this manner, he would die upholding a religion other than the religion of Muhammad." Abu Hurairah (RA) said: "My beloved friend, Muhammad (SAW) forbade me to   perform postures of prayer copying the picking of a rooster; (signifying fast performance of prayer), moving eyes around like a fox and the sitting like monkeys ( i.e. to sit on thighs)." (Imam Ahmad  &  at-Tayalisi)
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:? "The worst thief is the one who steals from his own prayer."? People asked,
'Messenger of Allah! How could onemessengerm his own prayer?' He (SAW) said: "By not completing its rukoo' and
sujood."(At- Tabarani & al-Hakim).  To complete rukoo' is to stay in that posture long enough to recite 'subhana rabbiyal Adtheem' three times, SLOWLY, and' subhana rabbiyal-a'ala' three times, SLOWLY, in sujood.
  He (SAW) also announced: "He who does not complete his rukoo' and sujood, his prayer is void." (Abu Dawood
  & others)

6. Counting tasbeeh with the left hand

The Prophet (SAW) used to count tasbeeh on the fingers of his right hand after salah. lbn Qudamah (RA) said:? "The Messenger of Allah (SAW) used his right hand for tasbeeh." ( Abu Dawud) The above hadeeth indicates clearly that the Prophet (SAW) used only one hand for counting tasbeeh.?No Muslim with sound mind would imagine that the Prophet (SAW)?used his left hand for counting tasbeeh. Aa'ishah (RA) said that the Prophet (SAW)used his left hand only for Istinjaa', or  cleaning himself after responding to the call of nature.? He never used it for tasbeeh.
Yasirah (RA) reported:?The Prophet(SAW) commanded women to count tasbeeh on their fingers.
he Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:?"They (the fingers) will be made to speak, and will be questioned (on the Day of
Resurrection. )" (At-Tirmithi)

The above hadeeth indicates that it is preferable to count tasbeeh on the fingers of the right hand than to do so on
masbahah (rosary) .

7. Crossing in front of a praying person.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) warned:? "Were the one who crosses in front of a praying person to know the consequences of doing so, he would have waited for *forty better than to cross in front of him." (Sahih Bukhari
  and Muslim). *The forty in the tradition may be days months or even years.

Allah knows best.

IF POSSIBLE PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, Jazzakum Allahu Khairan!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barka Juma'ah by talk2keke: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
That was a good piece @remi,Jazakallh khairan.May Allah reward you abundantly.My Juma'h last week was marking our corpers week,i hardly heard what Imam was preaching,Insha Allah 2mrw,i'll pray @ my normal mosque .

Ma Salam.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by lexicon(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2009
vescucci:

I usually don't post anything in the reliion section. A lot of ignorant muslims and christians and atheists and people I just don't know what camps they're a part of come here and spew hate and animosity all over the place. I steer clear thus. I hope you keep this place serene, Mukina, or else I'd be gone as abruptly as I came. Good job,

Salam,

This is more of the reasons why i dont post on the religion section. Well , this is a good thread anyway. happy juma'ah in advance to every muslims.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Muza(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,
Kala rasululahi salalahu alaihi wa salam,"wa man yu minu billahi wal yaumil akhir,fa kul kairan awli yas mut".
The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said"Oh u who believe in Allah and the last day,say good or keep quiet".

May Allah guide and protect us,Ameen.
Jummah Mubarak.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by lordmassac(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
i must tell you this: i love fridays i.e i love jumat.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by onlysose(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
MISS LAST FRIDAY BUT CANT AFFORD TO MISS THIS ONE
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Mustay(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2009
This thread should contain what you learnt from the Imam's lecture abi una own jumah na 5 mins to prayer? tongue
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
Alhamdulilah, it's another Juma'at and I just came back.
The Imam prayed for the country generally and Muslim ummah.

Brash,
Were u able to make it this week? grin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by MrCrackles(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
Jarus:

Alhamdulilah, it's another Juma'at and I just came back.
The Imam prayed for the country generally and Muslim ummah.

Brash,
Were u able to make it this week
grin

Barka De Juma Bros

M snowed in, snow no gree make i comot!! embarassed sad

I have been working from home
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2009
Salaaam

Just came back from Jumaah and today the Imam Spoke about Ibadah smiley and the misconception many people have for it, thinking that if they perform Ibadah only, They have attained  the goal that Allah created for all man king and no harm will ever come to them in whatever they do.

Some think that  praying is the only act of Ibadah, he pointed out that there where many acts of ibadah, and that praying is only one of them

He said Ibadah is Islam includes everything that Allah loves and accepted,  Love Allah and his messenger, fear  Allah, begging for his forgiveness, being sincere with yourself , the seen and unseen acts, the five pillars of Islam,  supplication, reciting the holy Quran,doing good to people, the old, elderly, Orphans,respecting our parents, respecting our wives, our husbands and our families, keeping promises, doing things permitted in Islam, ignoring evil deeds, staying away from idle talks.

Doing things accepted in Islam smiley
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Maryam: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2009
Off Solat - didn't go to mosque

The Holy Prophet Muh'd (SAW) "said control this 3 things (Temper, Desire & Speech),

preserve this 2 (Good deeds & Friends),

value this 3 (Time, Opportunity & Ability),

seek for this 3 (Forgiveness, Knowledge & Wisdom)".

Juma'at kareem!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2009
How to be successful in life

by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

How to obtain success and prosperity in this world and hereafter.What kind of success or prosperity that islam want the ummah islam gain in this world.

Praise be to Allaah.

Peace of mind, contentment, happiness and freedom from worries and anxiety… these are what everyone wants, and these are the ways in which people can have a good life and find complete happiness and joy. There are religious means of achieving that, and natural and practical means, but no one can combine all of them except the believers; although other people may achieve some of them, they will miss out on others.

There follows a summary of the means of achieving this aim for which everyone is striving. In some cases, those who achieve many of them will live a joyful life and a good life; in other cases, those who fail to achieve all of them will live a life of misery and hardship. And there are others which are in between, according to what the means he is able to attain. These means include the following:

1 – Faith and righteous deeds:

This is the greatest and most fundamental of means. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whoever works righteousness — whether male or female — while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)”

[al-Nahl 16:97]

Allaah tells us and promises us that whoever combines faith with righteous deeds will have a good life and a good reward in this world and in the Hereafter.

The reason for that is clear: those who believe in Allaah – with sincere faith that motivates them to do righteous deeds that change hearts and attitudes and guides them to the straight path in this world and the Hereafter – follow principles and guidelines by means of which they deal with everything that happens to them, be it the causes of happiness and excitement or the causes of anxiety, worry and grief.

They deal with the things that they like by accepting them and giving thanks for them, and using them in good ways. When they deal with them in this manner, that creates in them a sense of excitement and the hope that it will continue and that they will be rewarded for their gratitude, which is more important than the good things that happen to them. And they deal with bad things, worries and distress by resisting those that they can resist, alleviating those that they can alleviate, and bearing with goodly patience those that they cannot avoid. Thus as a result of the bad things they gain a lot of benefits, experience, strength, patience and hope of reward, which are more important and which diminish the hardships they have undergone and replace them with happiness and hope for the bounty and reward of Allaah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) expressed this in a saheeh hadeeth in which he said: “How wonderful is the situation of the believer, for all his affairs are good. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks for it and that is good for him; if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. This does not apply to anyone but the believer.” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 2999).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the believer is always gaining and the reward for his deeds is always multiplying, no matter what happens to him, good or bad.

2 – Being kind to people in word and deed, and all kinds of doing good.
This is one of the means of removing worry, distress and anxiety. By this means Allaah wards off worries and distress from righteous and immoral like, but the believer has the greater share of that, and is distinguished by the fact that his kindness to others stems from sincerity and the hope of reward, so Allaah makes it easy for him to be kind to others because of the hope that this will bring good things and ward off bad things, by means of his sincerity and hope of reward. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is no good in most of their secret talks save (in) him who orders Sadaqah (charity in Allaah’s Cause), or Ma‘roof (Islamic Monotheism and all the good and righteous deeds which Allaah has ordained), or conciliation between mankind; and he who does this, seeking the good Pleasure of Allaah, We shall give him a great reward”

[al-Nisa’ 4:114]

Part of that great reward is relief from worry, distress, troubles, etc.

3 – Another of the means of warding off anxiety that stems from nervous tension and being preoccupied with disturbing thoughts is to occupy oneself with good deeds or seeking beneficial knowledge, for that will distract one from dwelling on the matters that are causing anxiety. In this way a person may forget about the things that are making him worried and distressed, and he may become happy and more energetic. This is another means that believers and others have in common, but the believer is distinguished by his faith, sincerity and hope of reward when he occupies himself with that knowledge which he is learning or teaching, or with the good deeds that he is doing.

The work with which he occupies himself should be something that he likes and enjoys, for that is more likely to produce the desired results. And Allaah knows best.

4 – Another thing that may ward off worry and anxiety is focusing all one’s thoughts of the present day, and not worrying about the future or grieving about the past. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sought refuge with Allaah from worry and regret, from regret for things in the past which one cannot put right or change, and worry which may come because of fear for the future. So one should focus only on the present day, and focus one's efforts on getting things right today. For if a person is focused on that, this means that he will do things properly and forget about worry and regret. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said a du’aa’ or taught a du’aa’ to his ummah, as well as urging them to seek the help of Allaah and hope for His bounty, he was also urging them to strive to attain the thing they were praying for through their own efforts and to forget about the thing which they were praying would be warded off from them. Because du’aa’ (supplication) must be accompanied by action. So a person must strive to attain that which will benefit him in worldly and spiritual terms, and ask his Lord to make his efforts successful, and he should seek His help in that, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Strive for that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not be helpless. If anything (bad) happens to you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allaah wa ma sha’a fa’ala (Allaah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytaan.” (Narrated by Muslim). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) connected the matter of striving to achieve good things with the matter of seeking the help of Allaah and not giving in to feelings of helplessness which are a harmful kind of laziness, and with the matter of accepting things in the past which are over and done with, and acknowledging that the will and decree of Allaah will inevitably come to pass. He described matters as being of two types:

1 – Matters which a person may strive to achieve or to achieve whatever he can of them, or to ward them off or alleviate them. In such cases a person must strive and make the effort, and also seek the help of Allaah.

2 – Matters where such is not possible, so he must have peace of mind, accept them and submit to Allaah’s will.

Undoubtedly paying attention to this principle will bring happiness and relieve worry and distress.

5 – One of the greatest means of feeling content and relaxed and of acquiring peace of mind is to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr). That has a great effect in bringing contentment and peace of mind, and relieving worry and distress. Allaah says:

“verily, in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find rest”

[al-Ra’d 13:28]

Part 2 Next Week inshAllah, Final Part

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Barka Juma'ah by lailai2(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2009
though i made the prayer, i missed the lecture
the imam at the mosque i usually pray always make sure i drown thinking about his lectures. . . . mean that in a good way
Re: Barka Juma'ah by vescucci(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2009
Assalam alaykum. I couldn't make it to post anything last friday, but I see y'all are doing great regardless. This is a good thread. Yes sir, it is.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by ajila03(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2009
Now at work but will defintely be at jumat,and will be here back to share my expirience with my brothers and sister after the prayer.Inshallahu
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2009
Salaam everyone and barka Juma'ah

Today's talk was about anger. it reminded me of something i posted earlier.

i'll repost it here:-

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Anger is a very serious disease, and Islam warns Muslims against its evil consequences. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) prescribed a remedy for the person in a state of anger, instructing him to sit down or lie down until he cools off. Also, he told us that performing wudu’ is a good way to put out the “fire” of one’s anger. May Allah forgive us all and protect us from Hellfire, Amen!

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“Before giving you some du`a's I would like to give you some tips gleaned from Imam Ghazzali.

In order to control your anger, you must do two things:

First, you should ask yourself why, when, and how you are getting angry and control the circumstances that create such situations. By directing your thoughts in this way, you can often control your anger. So condition yourself to ask questions such as the following: Why am I getting angry? What is the big deal about reacting to something that happened in the past? Can I change it now? If the milk is already spilled, how is my anger going to help to bring it back? What benefit can I gain by reacting in anger? Is there anything far more beneficial I can do instead?

Furthermore, think of all the harmful effects of anger if it is not controlled. In fact, there is nothing more destructive than anger if it leads to violence or inflicting verbal or emotional abuse on people. So condition yourself to think of the destructive consequences of anger until you learn to associate anger with pain, ugliness and suffering. In this way, you will be better able to take control of your anger and make sure that it is not expressed in a harmful way.

Second, as soon you find yourself becoming angry, channel your energy in positive ways by immediately taking the following steps:

Say:

A`oodhu billahi mina ash-shaytaani ar-rajeem (I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the accursed) three times, and walk immediately to the washroom and perform ablutions with cool water and pray two rak`ahs.

Alternately, you can repeat the above words, and go for a walk or take some deep breaths and do some minor exercises to release the tension and relax.

Finally, here are a few du`a’s you should recite and meditate upon consistently:

Allaahumma innee a`oodhu bika min hamazaati ash-shayaateen; wa a`oodhu bika rabbi an yahdhuroonee (O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the whisperings of devils; and I seek refuge in You from their presence around me).

Astaghfiru Allah (I ask Allah for forgiveness) three times.

Rabbi qinee sharra nafsee; rabbi qinee sharra sam`ee; rabbi qinee sharra basaree; rabbi qinee sharaa lisaanee (My Lord, save me from the evils of my own self; my Lord, save me from the evils of my hearing; my Lord, save me from the evils of my seeing; my Lord, save me from the evils of my tongue.)

You can also simply make the following tasbeeh:

Subhaan Allah, al-hamdu lillah, laa ilaha illa Allah, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa bi-llah (Sublime is Allah; praise be to Allah; there is no god but Allah; there is no power or strength except by the will of Allah).”
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2009
Alhamdulilah, it's another Jumuah. I made it to the mosque but, not good enough, gatecrashed i.e got there just about 3 minutes to prayer. I didn't have excuse really, as my manager is on training and there was no pressure on me. So I could have left earlier. May Allah forgive us.

Oyb, I saw you. You trekked abi? You didn't go Mosque with your car. You were in front of me while coming back, just didn't call you. I branched @ GTB though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.