Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226060 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2020
Minemrys:

they w0n't. C0ntinuity issues. Plus, c0me on, the guy shouldn't be identified with the role al0ne.

Continuity issues is your answer to everything...nobody gives a shit about these things as long as it didn't affect the quality of the project
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:
Uxas

Justice League SnyderCut.

Steppenwolf is also said to get a redesign.

Please redesign that Darkseid, this one looks like an orc...same thing he did with Doomsday
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Its been confirmed that that there's going to be additional photography mainly for additional dialogue and perfection for the final product.

And WB chairman has already confirmed that the reported $30mn is smaller than the actual money to be spent on the project.

Even tho I don't fvck with Grace but she is right here and this is what I've been saying all along....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Nah, I really don't see that happening.

It will only be possible in the Sequel— The Batman 2. That's why WB need Flash / Flashpoint and that's after the Batman premieres. That's even if and when WB finally coerce Reeves into accepting DCEU continuity.

That can only happen in the sequel. Besides you got a continuity problem with Commissioner Gordon being Black in The Batman.

Gordon or Alfred are not a continuity problem IMO...they had less screen time, especially Gordon...if the main character himself (Batman that isn't Affleck...) is confirmed in the DCEU nobody will be thinking about Gordon or Alfred as continuity problems
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12am On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

Continuity issues is your answer to everything...nobody gives a shit about these things as long as it didn't affect the quality of the project
lol. Yea, but in a shared c0ntinuity, things like naratives and c0nsistency matter. 1st of, it's business, but it's also creativity. N0w, to the issue of matt ryan playing c0nstantine again in jl dark. It could work, but seeing how producerz like to do their things differently, they'd opt for a recast. Cos trust me, using matt ryan would in a way restrict how they may want to go with the character, and in other terms, they may feel it could create c0nfusi0n with viewers. They would rather want to build their own audience than rely on an0ther fanbase. 0ne of the reas0ns why Brand0n routh wasn't cast as superman in MOS. I kn0w u are pissed with my opini0n of the batman. But it's just based on logic and the kinda director Reeves is. Or how else would u explain the c0ntroversial recast d0ne by him? I have no probs with Matt or the film. To me, the film would work best as a stand al0ne. But i'll be happy to have pattins0n in the dceu, but n0t reeves' c0ntinuity and cast. Make that one an elseworld thing. If no one cared abt c0ntinuity, why do u think the x men franchise's critics were hard on c0ntinuity? Even audiences had problems with it. U could loose audience as a result cos people are following the story, that's why they turn up for sequels. Progressi0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:18am On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

Gordon or Alfred are not a continuity problem IMO...they had less screen time, especially Gordon...if the main character himself (Batman that isn't Affleck...) is confirmed in the DCEU nobody will be thinking about Gordon or Alfred as continuity problems
dude, it already is a problem with a black gordon. U d0n't do a recast of a role by having a colored pers0n take over a role originated by a white pers0n. It's like having a white man start playing Joe West or a white girl play Iris in the flash. If reeves cared abt c0ntinuity, he wouldn't have cast a black man in that role. Alfred gets a pass, but gord0n? He isn't anyhow min0r character bro. Okay, let's have a white man play perry white in MOS 2 or a black guy play lex luthor then.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:29am On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

Please redesign that Darkseid, this one looks like an orc...same thing he did with Doomsday
exactly. The design should l0ok like s0mething that has flesh n0t just cgi. That's why i love than0s' and apocalypse's lo0ks. D0omsday just l0oks like a rock than a creature, steppenwolf l0oked like a pes character. Make the villain relatable by having it l0ok like an actual thing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:45am On May 29, 2020
Minemrys:

dude, it already is a problem with a black gordon. U d0n't do a recast of a role by having a colored pers0n take over a role originated by a white pers0n. It's like having a white man start playing Joe West or a white girl play Iris in the flash. If reeves cared abt c0ntinuity, he wouldn't have cast a black man in that role. Alfred gets a pass, but gord0n? He isn't anyhow min0r character bro. Okay, let's have a white man play perry white in MOS 2 or a black guy play lex luthor then.
Perry and Iris are also supposed to be white you know? I hate when they change the ethnicity of a character just to include some people in a movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:59am On May 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Perry and Iris are also supposed to be white you know? I hate when they change the ethnicity of a character just to include some people in a movie
yea, they are white in c0mics but the narrative had them black at the start, so u can't change their race in the middle of the story. Had it been gord0n wasn't introduced, it w0n't be a problem.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

Hehehe my thoughts exactly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:10pm On May 29, 2020
Emmynator:
I am still a bit confused, is stargirl a cw series? What makes it less cw than flash.
I am having this discussion with some right nw.

Stargirl is actually a DC universe show just like titans and doom patrol.

The only thing is that it will also be aired on CW, a day after it premieres on DC universe
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:13pm On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

LMAO...... You are a genius.

You no know correct work wey you do for me like dis. Baba God bless you..... grin cheesy

Hulk go cry Taya..... grin grin

This one is small.

He created one moniker last year called "One above all" and was shitting on mcu while praising dc. When i exposed him, he quickly deactivated the account cheesy

I have a screenshot of it sef....Will dig it up later

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:51pm On May 29, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

This one is small.

He created one moniker last year called "One above all" and was shitting on mcu while praising dc. When i exposed him, he quickly deactivated the account cheesy

u sef ehn. Hulk d0n suffer 4 ur hand. U forget nightman abi nightguy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2020
Minemrys:

Minemrys:

lol. Yea, but in a shared c0ntinuity, things like naratives and c0nsistency matter. 1st of, it's business, but it's also creativity. N0w, to the issue of matt ryan playing c0nstantine again in jl dark. It could work, but seeing how producerz like to do their things differently, they'd opt for a recast. Cos trust me, using matt ryan would in a way restrict how they may want to go with the character, and in other terms, they may feel it could create c0nfusi0n with viewers. They would rather want to build their own audience than rely on an0ther fanbase. 0ne of the reas0ns why Brand0n routh wasn't cast as superman in MOS. I kn0w u are pissed with my opini0n of the batman. But it's just based on logic and the kinda director Reeves is. Or how else would u explain the c0ntroversial recast d0ne by him? I have no probs with Matt or the film. To me, the film would work best as a stand al0ne. But i'll be happy to have pattins0n in the dceu, but n0t reeves' c0ntinuity and cast. Make that one an elseworld thing. If no one cared abt c0ntinuity, why do u think the x men franchise's critics were hard on c0ntinuity? Even audiences had problems with it. U could loose audience as a result cos people are following the story, that's why they turn up for sequels. Progressi0n.

This isn't the first time actors have been recast in sequels, from major role actors to very minor role actors and it won't be the last either.. IMO continuity is only officially affected by how the storyline plays out not by recasts cos if you recast a character for some reason and still have them do the same thing the other actor would have still done continuity remains the same...

It's just mentality that is different
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2020
Minemrys:

exactly. The design should l0ok like s0mething that has flesh n0t just cgi. That's why i love than0s' and apocalypse's lo0ks. D0omsday just l0oks like a rock than a creature, steppenwolf l0oked like a pes character. Make the villain relatable by having it l0ok like an actual thing.

100naira:
Hehehe my thoughts exactly.

Abeg o make we no go start dey settle matter again
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:40pm On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

This isn't the first time actors have been recast in sequels, from major role actors to very minor role actors and it won't be the last either.. IMO continuity is only officially affected by how the storyline not by recasts cos if you recast a character for some reason and still have them do the same the the other actor would have still done continuity remains the same...

It's just mentality that is different
again, my problem isn't the recast. It is assumed, they are going with a young batman in a past setting, yea u would recast or cgi. But u recasting a role originated by a caucasian actor to be played by a black actor in a story of same c0ntinuity, is stretching far. It's only d0ne if the story is different fr0m the original. Here is a perfect example, the role of batw0man is to be recast right? Okay, let's have a black w0man replace ruby rose as kate kane for seas0n 2.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2020
Minemrys:

again, my problem isn't the recast. It is assumed, they are going with a young batman in a past setting, yea u would recast or cgi. But u recasting a role originated by a caucasian actor to be played by a black actor in a story of same c0ntinuity, is stretching far. It's only d0ne if the story is different fr0m the original. Here is a perfect example, the role of batw0man is to be recast right? Okay, let's have a black w0man replace ruby rose as kate kane for seas0n 2.

It doesn't take away anything IMO
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 9:18pm On May 29, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

This one is small.

Lol, that guy is funny. Is it the moniker with TOAA??
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 9:25pm On May 29, 2020
Justice League SnyderCut and New Gods concept art for Darkseid.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 9:48pm On May 29, 2020
Stargirl episode 2 isn't a good watch and a step down from the first.

I was sleeping all through it yesterday night. cry I couldn't even watch at least 2 minutes without dosing off.

Perhaps I was too tired.

It was 5/10 ish for me. Hope further episodes are more sensible and interesting. Thats why I no dey like this Greg Berlanti guy. Na so him take mess up Titans season 2 for person. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:45pm On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:
Justice League SnyderCut and New Gods concept art for Darkseid.

The first one's body with the 2nd one's gear is okay

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:51pm On May 29, 2020
IngeniousLeez:
Stargirl episode 2 isn't a good watch and a step down from the first.

I was sleeping all through it yesterday night. cry I couldn't even watch at least 2 minutes without dosing off.

Perhaps I was too tired.

It was 5/10 ish for me. Hope further episodes are more sensible and interesting. Thats why I no dey like this Greg Berlanti guy. Na so him take mess up Titans season 2 for person. undecided

² training montages with dope scores and that last score that followed icicle to their(IJSA) underground basement is what you were sleeping through?

Na tse tse fly bite you guy undecided

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 10:57pm On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

² training montages with dope scores and that last score that followed icicle to their(IJSA) underground basement is what you were sleeping through?

Chai! grin No let baba hear you o, I no get strength to settle any matter o
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2020
BankyGee:

Chai! grin No let baba hear you o, I no get strength to settle any matter o

I'm lost guy embarassed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

I'm lost guy embarassed
The guy you're talking to nah. It's funny for you to say "na tse tse fly bite am"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 1:02am On May 30, 2020
pu7pl3:

Abeg o make we no go start dey settle matter again
bro grin grin but e resemble that orc in the hobbit movies cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:56am On May 30, 2020
Minemrys:
Rumours are Henry Cavill could appear in Suicide squad, aquaman 2, or the batman. To have a Nick fury or hulk kinda status in the Dceu. No MOS 2 in sight yet.
Raalsalghul, pu7pl3, The KingIsHere, SMUAG, Bankygee, AngryBirds616 [sorry, Angryhulk616]

To be honest, this is the most stupid thing I've heard from D.C, but it's still a rumor so no shakes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 8:03am On May 30, 2020
pu7pl3:

The first one's body with the 2nd one's gear is okay

We're too alike. grin

Same way I picture it. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:05am On May 30, 2020
Raalsalghul:

To be honest, this is the most stupid thing I've heard from D.C, but it's still a rumor so no shakes.
it's like it's n0w c0nfirmed.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 8:06am On May 30, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lol, e be like so. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 8:11am On May 30, 2020
� DC on HBO Max :

⦿ Green Lantern Corps : A live-action show in active development under Arrow-verse mastermind Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions. Show will focus on Two stories about Green Lanterns on Earth. Both the show & live-action movie will be in same universe. Both will be exec produced by Geoff Johns.

⦿ Justice League Dark : A live-action show produced by J.J.Abrams Bad Robot Productions. Expected to co-exist in the JLD movie universe which also expected to take over by J.J.Abrams soon.

⦿ Zack Snyder's Justice League : Extended version of Zack Snyder's original Justice League. Will be premiered as 6 Episodes or 4 Hrs cut.

⦿ DMZ : A live-action show directed by Ava-Duvernay. Star Benjamin Brat & Rosario Dawson as lead. DMZ is set in the near future where America is embroiled in a bitter civil war, leaving Manhattan a de-militarized zone, destroyed and isolated from the rest of the world. Pilot Episode already been shot.

⦿ Strange Adventures : A Superhero anthology show that will feature characters across DC canon. The One-Hour drama will explore close-ended stories about the intersecting lives of ordinary humans and superhumans. Will be exec produced by Greg Berlanti who told that the both GLC & Strange Adventures going to be the biggest DC show ever made.

⦿ DC Superhero High : An Half-hour sitcom, in which Teens at a boarding school for gifted kids are just trying to navigate the pressures of high school, but none of them realize that someday they will become legendary DC Super Heroes. Will be exec produced by Elizabeth Banks' Brownstone Prodns.

⦿ Aquaman King of Atlantis : A 3 Part animated adventure produced by James Wan. Will serve as prequel to the Aquaman (2022). Will begin with Aquaman’s 1st day on the job as king of Atlantis. Luckily, he has his two royal advisors to back him up – Vulko, the scholar, and Mera, the water controlling warrior-princess. Between dealing with unscrupulous surface dwellers, elder evils from beyond time and his own half-brother who wants to overthrow him, Aquaman is going to have to rise to the challenge and prove to his subjects, and to himself, that he’s the right man for the trident.

⦿ Doom Patrol 2 : Has been renewed for a 2nd season. At SDCC, series exec producer Jeremy Carver and star Diane Guerrero announced not only that the show will be back for another season but also that it will be available on HBO Max & DC Universe simultaneously, Season 2 will air simultaneously on both services as begins airing in 2020.

⦿ Rose & Thorn : 1st HBO Max original feature film that based on DC Comics character. It's about Girl who has split personality. Rose is a Normal genius human persona & Thorn is Vengeful Meta-Human.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2020
100naira:
bro grin grin but e resemble that orc in the hobbit movies cheesy

We are on the same page grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.