Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226309 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
Still wondering how Gotham Knight survived these cancellations. Stupid show
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2022
abduleez1:

This is how u know a dumb executive. undecided
Imagine planning to fold HBOMax into DiscoveringShit.
Who's the bigger brand and well known platform?

Discovery has about 25mn subscribers while HBOMax has almost 80mn worldwide. Yet Zaslav thinks making HBOMax a subcategory in Discovery is a great plan.
Even the plan to make HBO continue as a premium subscription network is flawed with the fact that HBO premium customers are now reduced to just 5mn in the US. So how will the network grow.

Many industry insiders have actually warned of his retrogressive and conservative ideals. So it's not a surprise for some but cancelling a whole ass finished production movie. The fvvk.
It's just clear the man is moving with his bias and how he feels not anything related business wise.

do u know how much they are saying as annual cost by folding the two into 1? Billions of dollars.

Does it make sense for the same company to have 2different streaming services? DC fans self, na we complain say we want changes, now the changes are coming and we are still not patient enuf to watch things unfold.

AT&T did not make this type of changes and we complained, let's just be patient. WBD can intentionally run the company down. So far I am liking the changes they are making
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2022
abduleez1:
You can't expect to make profit or money on every single project. Even the juggernaut that Disney is, it stills drops flops from time to time.
Some projects are released not for profit but pedigree and brand value.

This Zaslav's miserly approach to oversave money might actually hurt the company in the long run. It might not show now but in 3-4 years time we'll see the impact if he isn't called to order. Dude isn't even in the Hollywood business in the first place so I'm wondering where this dude gets his information from.

Who would want to work in a company where movies head into production and gets cancelled (Wonder Twins ...which I wasn't too bothered with) and a full movie being locked in the vault away from any release whatsoever (streaming, VOD, Dvd, or theatres), asides from massive TV cancellations.

He's slowly scaring creatives away from WB, a place known as a home for talent for purely investors concerns. WB is known as a risk taker and hitting goldmine from time to time but with an exec like big old Zas, movies like Joker is impossible.

This singular news has the capacity to scare general audiences away from DC movies. The image he's supposedly trying to repair might be damaged in the long run. With this cluelessness who puts confidence in such company.
but he did not cancel joker did he?

But wait first do u really wanted to see the batgirl movie? Let's be realistic u had Affleck Batman, u had Cavill superman, u had cyborg, these are established characters already, u were practically doing nothing with them, then u decide to green light batgirl supergirl and wondertwins. Batgirl with Keaton batman? How does that help the DCEU. This guy is saying we want to focus on the universe and interconnect things, drive the DCEU with the top characters, and definitely introduce other characters as things progresses.

Wont it have been better if Batgirl feature in that Affleck Batman b4 we get her solo movie? We seem to forget movie making is a business, and the guy is saying now we have a standard, if u are making any movie is must meet this quality and standard.

I think it will even welcome more creative directors, and better movies. Affleck said flash was his last time as batman we just heard he is in Aquaman, if zaslav gets back Affleck and Cavill baba that will be the best move.

He just said the flash movie is fantastic and they can make it better, the flash movie will established the new DCEU.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:26am On Aug 07, 2022
abduleez1:

The thinking of the man is dumbfounding IF reports are true. The man's latest moves has already shown he has contempt for HBOMax.
lol, which do u think brings movie experience and money more? Streaming or theater? Baba just said we are focusing of theatrical release, sure HBOmax will have it's own content, but as a business man u put ur product where it will make money the most. Do u know how much WB will have made last year that they went and do day in day release of their movies on HBO max, was that not why Nolan left? Every director wants their movie of the big screen not streaming, they get bonuses for BOX office success.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2022
°°

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Thegamingorca(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
The sandman
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2022
The Sandman 9/10
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vulcanheph(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Why you think say I ditch them? grin

They are the definition of cluelessness.
DC isn't the problem... Warner Bros. Are the problem.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 1:53am On Aug 09, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:19am On Aug 09, 2022
The singular best news I've seen for the past one week. cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:21am On Aug 09, 2022
No wonder Etrigan was absent in The Sandman.
Seems DC have plans with so many characters. undecided From withholding John Constantine to Etrigan.

So glad JL Dark is being set up and in motion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Reverse flash in the news again. grin
Nothing new

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 10:17am On Aug 09, 2022
AnfieldFan:
if I was WB i will just sue Ezra for damages to the flash movie. This was legit one of the misfire from Zack casting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Bloodsport or Checkmate??

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
Black Canary survives..... This most likely ain't going to HBOMax no more.
Seems Batgirl IS the exception. Blue Beetle is moving on.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
What I need from Zaslav now is to change whatever stupid plans to make Constantine black in this show and fast track production.
Everything else is a go.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
Another bites the dust....

Heard GL series is very much alive. Although is considerably delayed.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
Great news!!
Order finally prevails!! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2022
abduleez1:
Black Canary survives..... This most likely ain't going to HBOMax no more.
Seems Batgirl IS the exception. Blue Beetle is moving on.
I no think say this one go work, the same thing star wars is doing to Patty Jenkins. Development hell till thy kingdom come
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
I doubt this thing...

You setting up a crisis event and there's zero hint of that so far.

That shows unseriousness.

Also, what is the relevance of Wonder Twins and Batgirl to the crisis event?

This is why the 10 year MCU-like plan is important.

That way, you will know for sure where the DCEU is headed.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2022
BlackManta:
I doubt this thing...

Medicine after death,,,lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IbrahimMav: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
abduleez1:
Great news!! Order finally prevails!! cool
YES!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
BlackManta:
I doubt this thing...

Just shut up and swallow you L Hamada undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 10thDentist: 9:35am On Aug 11, 2022

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2022
10thDentist:
Y’all need to see this grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MogEUGFiEY4

Jude na fuuuu grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vulcanheph(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2022
I just started watching "the sandman" and as a hardcore DC fan... I couldn't have asked for anything better.
I've only seen 2 episodes for now ( my data finish, i no get money for data now oh, make I concentrate on food first. gringrin) but I'm definitely gonna download more.

N.B. we should really thank NETNAIJA... if not for them I wouldn't have been able to catch up on movies for over 2 years now.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:11am On Aug 12, 2022
Stuff like this makes you wonder the Dumbos now managing DC.

Dude's doubting Aquaman. Lol, a sequel to a Billion dollar movie. A movie no one gave a chance especially in the competitive December it had to face off 3 tentpoles. grin cheesy Mehn, we're in for a long thing with this man.

That 10yr plan is sounding like hogwash ATM.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ben Affleck is coming back for additional photography for 'The Flash' and the 3rd act is being reworked...

WB has sunk a lot of money into this project...Should be north of 300 mill by now, when marketing is factored, that climbs higher...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Ben Affleck is coming back for additional photography for 'The Flash' and the 3rd act is being reworked...

WB has sunk a lot of money into this project...Should be north of 300 mill by now, when marketing is factored, that climbs higher...

With this Ezra Miller nonsense they should centre it on Batman and less of Miller.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
Minemrys:

With this Ezra Miller nonsense they should centre it on Batman and less of Miller.

How do you do this when the movie is more or less done...

Bear in mind that WB gave Snyder around 70m to shoot about 2 scenes and finish post production...
This film is currently undergoing reshoots with the third act being reworked substantially, this comes in two parts: initial reshoots to collapse Keaton's directive and current ones to eliminate Ezra's because of his most recent arrest...

If you're suggesting making this a Batman film, then why call it the flash?
And how possible will that be considering the knowledge that Ezra plays multiple characters and is in a lot of the scenes (as much as 70 percent and above at least), how much has been sunk in so far and potential returns both financially and critically...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.