Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1224869 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
phr0nesis:
I saw Henry Cavill's Superman as part of the cast. Is it for real?

According to multiple rumour mongers he will be in the post credit scene

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dayum, Diana!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2022
BlackManta:

According to multiple rumour mongers he will be in the post credit scene
I'm hoping it's more than just a post-credit scene and not a rumour

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CaptMarvel(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2022
What's happening here?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CaptMarvel(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
phr0nesis:
I saw Henry Cavill's Superman as part of the cast. Is it for real?
will make more sense. When is it coming out.?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
CaptMarvel:
will make more sense. When is it coming out.?
Next month. 18th I think

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
The actress that is playing Alicent Hightower in HOTD also played young Diana in Wonder Woman 2017 cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2022
°°

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
So Mike De Luca shops Constantine series and Madame X to potential buyers and brings back a 17yr old movie with a sequel.
Okay..

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Clearly many people underestimated the consequences of Batgirl's unceremonious cancellation for "tax reasons".

Now no one wants the DC job and now another position owner in the next few years.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
abduleez1:
Clearly many people underestimated the consequences of Batgirl's unceremonious cancellation for "tax reasons".

Now no one wants the DC job and now another position owner in the next few years.
I just wish another studio will buy DC. WB has been DC's real problem.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Minemrys:

I just wish another studio will buy DC. WB has been DC's real problem.

I guess you're in luck bro. The studio I've been dreaming for actually.

Comcast, owners of NBCUniversal are prepping to buy WB by 2024.
Amazon, Paramount and Apple might also be vying for such acquisition.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
abduleez1:
So Mike De Luca shops Constantine series and Madame X to potential buyers and brings back a 17yr old movie with a sequel.
Okay..

This is why it's happening.

WBD new leadership under David Zaslav, unlike Disney, are not interested in controlling most of their IPs.

Rather he is looking for ways to make fast money for a studio that is in debt.

Normally these IPs would stay within the confines of WBD and stream on HBO Max but not anymore.

David Zaslav is willing to sacrifice these shows for short term gains and fast money by licensing and shopping to other networks.

He's actually robbing HBO Max and strengthening her rivals.

Imagine what Justice League Dark characters would do for HBO Max if it turns out to be a a hit like Sandman did on Netflix.

With the way David Zaslav is handling things, Green Lantern show probably won't see the light of day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/david-zaslavs-strategy-shift-licensing-out-warners-ip-treasure-1235222408/

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I don't even know what to make of this undecided

A sequel 17 years too late sad
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:48am On Sep 19, 2022
BlackManta:

This is why it's happening.

WBD new leadership under David Zaslav, unlike Disney, are not interested in controlling most of their IPs.

Rather he is looking for ways to make fast money for a studio that is in debt.

Normally these IPs would stay within the confines of WBD and stream on HBO Max but not anymore.

David Zaslav is willing to sacrifice these shows for short term gains and fast money by licensing and shopping to other networks.

He's actually robbing HBO Max and strengthening her rivals.

Imagine what Justice League Dark characters would do for HBO Max if it turns out to be a a hit like Sandman did on Netflix.

With the way David Zaslav is handling things, Green Lantern show probably won't see the light of day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/david-zaslavs-strategy-shift-licensing-out-warners-ip-treasure-1235222408/

Yea. I know.
I read the article earlier yesterday.
Even before that I suspected or denoted that's his plan when we was saying in the earnings call that WBD is open for business and would play more in the licensing business.

It's then I confirmed my fears, HBOMax ain't a priority to him especially after halting plans to launch in India and some South east Asian country later this year.

I've just given up on the company with this man's style of leadership. Till when a new buyer comes, na look and observe.
No single optimism for upcoming projects.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I guess you're in luck bro. The studio I've been dreaming for actually.

Comcast, owners of NBCUniversal are prepping to buy WB by 2024.
Amazon, Paramount and Apple might also be vying for such acquisition.
No. I don't want them buying WB I want them buying DC cause WB is a bad omen for DC.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:
this only goes to show WB still do not have a road map for DC. Smh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
abduleez1:

na WA o, so the whole talk abt a 10year plan by zaslav was all for what then? DC is truely doomed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Minemrys:

No. I don't want them buying WB I want them buying DC cause WB is a bad omen for DC.

Lol, I don't really think that's possible.
Anyone trying to buy DC will probably be forced to buy the full package, which is WB. DC is their crown jewel presently and they'll fight tooth and nail just to keep it. Instead WB go prefer sell another division than lose DC.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2022
BlackManta:

I don't even know what to make of this undecided

A sequel 17 years too late sad

There was a time I would have easily agreed with you, but we have Bad Boys For Life and Top Gun: Maverick — sequels to decades old movies. They made great box office as well as good reviews.

So fingers crossed. If they can somehow repurpose the film to fit into the current or future DCEU then it's great to have Keanu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
Skseries:
na WA o, so the whole talk abt a 10year plan by zaslav was all for what then? DC is truely doomed

That man is just posturing and mouthing off. Prolly just setting the hopes of the company up for some profiteering in the future sell out.
He cares far more what shareholders thinks than what audience and industry experts thinks.

Dude is slowly killing HBOMax as planned as well as putting DC in a far worse shape.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, I don't really think that's possible.
Anyone trying to buy DC will probably be forced to buy the full package, which is WB. DC is their crown jewel presently and they'll fight tooth and nail just to keep it. Instead WB go prefer sell another division than lose DC.
A prized jewel that is so underutilized? WB just dey like Nigerian government sitting on gold but intent on shitting on it rather than mine it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
Minemrys:

A prized jewel that is so underutilized? WB just dey like Nigerian government sitting on gold but intent on shitting on it rather than mine it.

Na so we see am. Zaslav was shouting how underutilized DC was when he just came but his actions kinda looks worse than the past regime.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
I like this poster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Superman is back in DCEU

Henry Cavill's Superman is back for the first time since 2017

The much speculated cameo in Black Adam is all but confirmed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
DCEU has been the butt of jokes because of this Superman controversy...

All the jokes about headless Superman and silhouette Superman are a thing of the past now.

He's officially back.

This is great news for Henry fans because it is solid proof that WBD like him and they want him to keep playing Superman.

Recast is not an option.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
They lied to us that Cavill is gone.

Grace Randolph also claimed that Sasha Calle's Supergirl will replace him permanently.

This was in January, before the merger, before David Zaslav took over.

Now the tables have turned.

The scoopers that said he was gone are now saying another thing.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
There is light at the end of the tunnel for Superman fans...

I'm happy that this Superman problem is over

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
Henry Cavill is back.

But a section of DC fans are not happy about it... undecided

Can you guess who?

Just guess...

Yes... The Snyderbots or Snydercultists as I like to call them.

Go through the comment section of this tweet and see how the toxic mofos are complaining.

Their frustration is that WBD used John Williams Iconic Superman theme instead of Hans Zimmer MOS theme.

I swear these people can never be satisfied.

Link to the tweet

https://twitter.com/MyTimeToShineH/status/1578027856092794883?t=vmW9KBfnUku_feCFv_zfJg&s=19

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Since this news broke that Henry's Superman is back, the only people that didn't recieve it well are Snyder cultists...

This is why WBD must never bend the knee to that group again.

Their demands no dey finish and their whinning never stops

As toxic as ever

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
BlackManta:
Since this news broke that Henry's Superman is back, the only people that didn't recieve it well are Snyder cultists...

This is why WBD must never bend the knee to that group again.

Their demands no dey finish and their whinning never stops

As toxic as ever

They might not be happy, but let's be frank, sticking with Han Zimmer's theme would have been more better, since it is more suitable for modern day movies.
Honestly, the actions and themes I have seen and heard from the Black Adam movie no be childs play o. I just dey imagine how the old skool Superman theme go use blend in...

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.