Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1225674 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2018
alaboski:
I just saw the trailer and it was awesome. I'm super stoked.
Plus I just saw antman and the wasp and frankly, it's not as good as they said it was but it's marvel sha so let's accept it. Eva tho grin her accent
i waited m0nths anticipating antman and the wasp and it was a huge let down. Am surprised critics didn't trash the film. As in, there was n0thing new or inspiring in the film. Just car chase, a female antman and giant man that we saw better in Civil war, that in antman and wasp, it became generic. The story was just there. No new hum0r. Just...i regret watching the film really.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2018
Minemrys:

i waited m0nths anticipating antman and the wasp and it was a huge let down. Am surprised critics didn't trash the film. As in, there was n0thing new or inspiring in the film. Just car chase, a female antman and giant man that we saw better in Civil war, that in antman and wasp, it became generic. The story was just there. No new hum0r. Just...i regret watching the film really.

What really struck me was how everybody either praised the film or ignored how mediocre it was from movie critics to fans alike. I just decided to keep my opinion to myself. I even deleted it immediately after watching. It's things like this that lends credence to that superhero fatigue thing people yap about.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2018
waywardpikin:

Okay sir. In the trailer I saw the most competent henchmen in any superhero movie. See as them dey break wall ni tori oloun!
lol, those guys really mean Arthur like their life depends on it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2018
waywardpikin:

I thought it was okay, I'm not so particular about spidey's costume as it generally looks the same apart from the eyes or webslingers.

Didn't like the movie though.
the costume lo0ks like what we wore during our interhouse sports c0mpetiti0n. The Amazing Spiderman costume was better.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:50am On Oct 06, 2018
waywardpikin:

What really struck me was how everybody either praised the film or ignored how mediocre it was from movie critics to fans alike. I just decided to keep my opinion to myself. I even deleted it immediately after watching. It's things like this that lends credence to that superhero fatigue thing people yap about.
that reminds me, let me go and delete mine.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2018
Minemrys:

the costume lo0ks like what we wore during our interhouse sports c0mpetiti0n. The Amazing Spiderman costume was better.
Lmao.. You found a way to turn the aquaman trailer into a spiderman homecoming diss.. You guys are the original haters.. Lol

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2018
mention any costume in the DCEU that beats that one,i'll wait

Minemrys:

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2018
actually the second Hall H trailer from SDCC. I like the rooftop chase though
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2018
BlackManta:

Aquaman second trailer is out.
It is reportedly 5 minutes long. shocked
*Rushing off to YouTube immediately* cheesy cheesy

What are you doing here?Aren't you supposed to be chasing Mera on the rooftops? wink

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
Miggs:

What are you doing here?Aren't you supposed to be chasing Mera on the rooftops? wink
lol. I tire oh. Maybe he's taken a nap after the beat down.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
waywardpikin:

Dunno how I feel about him in this costume. The gold is so shiny lol. I guess it will take some getting used to.

I think gold is a kinda complicated colour.
Too much of it and it will start looking more like yellow and too little will make it brownish.

The gold is okay and the suit is cool.
We will get used to the colour with time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Another dope Aquaman trailer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
waywardpikin:
Wow!

The trailer looks really good and DC appears to have found a tonal balance BUT I have been burned way too many times to trust this. However, for the first cinematic debut of the character known as Aquaman, this is topnotch. Very impressive.

Now if only the movie can actually be just as great as the trailer suggests.......

At this point I'm thinking it may not be such a bad idea if heavyweights such as Superman and Batman are axed, this is a good thing as it would force DC to look into their catalog of richer and lesser known characters that aren't bogged down with so much baggage and expectations that supes and bats are known for. I for one wouldn't mind a movie featuring
Theestiontion or Booster Gold for instance.

I agree with you.
WB already seems to be moving away from Superman.
No Man of Steel 2 for 5 years now.

But I'm all for DC moving away from Bat and Supes to focus on fresh characters that never made a big screen solo debut.

Seriously there are so many exciting characters in DC comics and for the past 40 years we've had over 7 Batman films and up to 6 Superman films.
And surprisingly an A-list character like Flash never had a movie of his own.
Wonder Woman, another A-list character only had her first movie last year.

WB is finally waking up from the Batman/Superman obsession to explore more heroes and that is a welcome development.

Fans have been agitating for Man of Steel 2 but I keep asking myself...."isn't it about time we've moved away from the boy scout .
And give more characters the big screen solo debut they deserve

What about Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Constantine and the Justice League Dark, Black Adam, Martian Man hunter , the Teen Titans, Booster Gold, Doom Patrol etc...

There are so many characters and exciting stories to explore not just Batman and Superman.

Btw any new Batman or Superman film will face heavy scrutiny from critics because most people always expects the new actors to live up to the glory of the previous actors.

People want Ben Afleck to be as good Christian Bale cuz apparently Bale is regarded as the best Batman and any actor playing Batman should emulate Bale.

Man of Steel was mocked because Henry Cavill Superman is dark and gritty unlike Christopher Reeves whoose performance was colourful.

Even Jacquien Phoenix has a hill to climb with his Joker film because the ghost of Heath Ledger's Joker that tormented Jared Leto is still hovering around the head of critics and fans.

But with new characters on big screen, the burden of living up to the glory of former actors is eliminated.

Jason Momoa will be the first Aquaman on big screen just like Ezra Miller's Flash and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

No more unnecessary pressure to be as good as any actor unlike what Henry Cavill, Ben Afleck and Jared Leto faced.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
Minemrys:

Antman and the Wasp is an okay film that offers nothing spectacular.
The movie is not great, not bad just average.

Just more dry comedy from MCU , small drama and lots of action.
The first Antman film was much better.

It's an MCU film under Disney so it got automatic pass from critics.

Even the worst MCU film was deemed okay by critics so don't be surprised cheesy

I bet Venom wouldn't be rubbished by critics if Disney/MCU made the film.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
BlackManta:

exactly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
BlackManta:

Too much sense dey your post ah swear.
Two bottles of � for you!!!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by alaboski(m): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2018
Minemrys:

Walahi me too
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BetWinners(m): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
Eyahhh__ a DC thread grin grin
Whenever I see the DC logo,i always fall asleep grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
MJBOLT:
mention any costume in the DCEU that beats that one,i'll wait

BlackManta's costume is a worthy mention.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:18am On Oct 07, 2018
BlackManta:

i wonder why u replied...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2018
why you no reply,you know how to start what you cannot finish

Minemrys:

i wonder why u replied...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2018
BetWinners:
Eyahhh__ a DC thread grin grin
Whenever I see the DC logo,i always fall asleep grin grin
Hommer simpson grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
BlackManta:

I came for Arthur. I stayed for Black Manta. Dude just be looking badass
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
I've come to hate extended trailers. They usually show too much and sometimes, some of the scenes don't make it into the final cut. They showed almost a whole chase sequence. Hope they haven't ruined that sequence for me.
I really love Arthur's comic timing. He's such a d1ck.
"Showoff, you could have just peed on it."
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Shittaakeem:

Hommer simpson grin
LOL.
The season 30 premiere episode really made sense.
#barts not dead
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kaycee7:
I've come to hate extended trailers. They usually show too much and sometimes, some of the scenes don't make it into the final cut. They showed almost a whole chase sequence. Hope they haven't ruined that sequence for me.
I really love Arthur's comic timing. He's such a d1ck.
"Showoff, you could have just peed on it."

well to me, they didn't show much. just an exciting chase scene that probably might not make it to the final cut. and if it eventually does, the camera angle would be different, i believe this was specially made for the trailer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
teewhydope:

well to me, they didn't show much. just an exciting chase scene that probably might not make it to the final cut. and if it eventually does, the camera angle would be different, i believe this was specially made for the trailer.
I pray it makes it into the final cut. It was really dope
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2018

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by alaboski(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Gmajor:
The new Aquaman trailer made sense scarra. Hopefully the movie will be good.
But wait oh, this current trailer is 5 mins plus long. The previous trailer was almost two mins or so... I just hope we have not seen all the cool parts of the movie.

There's nothing to worry about
Aquaman director James Wan has this to say...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Luchiana1(f): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
BlackManta:

I agree with you.
WB already seems to be moving away from Superman.
No Man of Steel 2 for 5 years now.

But I'm all for DC moving away from Bat and Supes to focus on fresh characters that never made a big screen solo debut.

Seriously there are so many exciting characters in DC comics and for the past 40 years we've had over 7 Batman films and up to 6 Superman films.
And surprisingly an A-list character like Flash never had a movie of his own.
Wonder Woman, another A-list character only had her first movie last year.

WB is finally waking up from the Batman/Superman obsession to explore more heroes and that is a welcome development.

Fans have been agitating for Man of Steel 2 but I keep asking myself...."isn't it about time we've moved away from the boy scout .
And give more characters the big screen solo debut they deserve

What about Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Constantine and the Justice League Dark, Black Adam, Martian Man hunter , the Teen Titans, Booster Gold, Doom Patrol etc...

There are so many characters and exciting stories to explore not just Batman and Superman.

Btw any new Batman or Superman film will face heavy scrutiny from critics because most people always expects the new actors to live up to the glory of the previous actors.

People want Ben Afleck to be as good Christian Bale cuz apparently Bale is regarded as the best Batman and any actor playing Batman should emulate Bale.

Man of Steel was mocked because Henry Cavill Superman is dark and gritty unlike Christopher Reeves whoose performance was colourful.

Even Jacquien Phoenix has a hill to climb with his Joker film because the ghost of Heath Ledger's Joker that tormented Jared Leto is still hovering around the head of critics and fans.

But with new characters on big screen, the burden of living up to the glory of former actors is eliminated.

Jason Momoa will be the first Aquaman on big screen just like Ezra Miller's Flash and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

No more unnecessary pressure to be as good as any actor unlike what Henry Cavill, Ben Afleck and Jared Leto faced.
are you kidding me? DC needs batman and superman, the very foundation of DC is built on the blood of batman and sweat of superman. You mentioned justice league dark, have you seen the animation of justice league dark? Batman was the basics of it and imagine a DC assemble movie without the conscience of superman and the grit of batman. DC just needs to get their house in order because they need those two in their life. Ezra Miller is a great actor but his flash failed on so many levels. The problem superman had was when he snapped zod neck, shouldn't have happened. Ben Affleck batman was the best thing in Dawn of justice and suicide squad. Ben Affleck batman is the best batman live action actor. He had the voice, had the physically imposing physics and was a great Bruce Wayne. Yes DC needs to introduce small time characters like booster gold, Hawk man, blue beetle and others but without superman and batman, they're just like another Fox movie.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.