Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1225679 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oh Snapps.

As of April 21, which is today, Shazam Box Office Report Says:

Domestic Gross: $121.3M.
International Gross: $201.5M.
Worldwide Gross: $322.8M.
Budget: $90M
Profit As Of Now: x3.6 It's Budget.

They Said It Was Never Gonna Gross Over $300M But Were Are We Now.

Let's See How Far It Will Be For Shazam From Now Till Friday.

After All The Stunt Avengers: Endgame Pulled, It Still Didn't Stop Shazam From Grossing Over $300M. In Your Face.

Tick Tok.

Cc Raalsalghul, saviTar, , Philfearon, TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, BlackManta, eyedea, TonySpike, Laurene, iuwe.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Happy_Easter

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
As at January 2019, DC fans were saying Shazam is the real Captain Marvel and our own is the fake .
Using box office results
Captain marvel -- 1.089 Billion dollars
Shazam --- 322 million dollars
So officially Shazam is the FAKE captain marvel.
Another L for DC fans grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
dont forget they said it will out gross Antman.bunch of clowns

hulk616:
As at January 2019, DC fans were saying Shazam is the real Captain Marvel and our own is the fake .
Using box office results
Captain marvel -- 1.089 Billion dollars
Shazam --- 322 million dollars
So officially Shazam is the FAKE captain marvel.
Another L for DC fans grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
April Hollywood Movies (Hellboy, Little, Pet Semetary, Best Of Enemies, After, Breakthrough etc): Guys, If We've Not Gross Over $100M, Shazam Is Definitely Not Grossing Over $300M. We Must Stop That.

Shazam: Taaaah, Dem No Born Una Well. No Baga Not Even Avengers: Endgame Can Stop Me From Grossing Over $300M.

Avengers: Endgame: What Did You Just Say? I Hope You Aren't Referring To Me.

Shazam: How Many Avengers: Endgame Do We Have Here.

Avengers: Endgame: (To April Hollywood Movies) Guys, Oya Oh......

..............And The Race Begins.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Xavier5:
Oh Snapps.

As of April 21, which is today, Shazam Box Office Report Says:

Domestic Gross: $121.3M.
International Gross: $201.5M.
Worldwide Gross: $322.8M.
Budget: $90M
Profit As Of Now: x3.6 It's Budget.

They Said It Was Never Gonna Gross Over $300M But Were Are We Now.

Let's See How Far It Will Be For Shazam From Now Till Friday.

After All The Stunt Avengers: Endgame Pulled, It Still Didn't Stop Shazam From Grossing Over $300M. In Your Face.

Tick Tok.

Cc Raalsalghul, saviTar, , Philfearon, TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, BlackManta, eyedea, TonySpike, Laurene, iuwe.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Happy_Easter
Dude, it doesn't even look like Shazam will gross near $800m. Let's just take our L in peace. That leak really dealt with us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kaycee7:
Dude, it doesn't even look like Shazam will gross near $800m. Let's just take our L in peace. That leak really dealt with us.

The Plan Wasn't For SHAZAM To Gross Over $800M, If That Was So It Wouldn't Have Been Released In April With Avengers: Endgame Around The Corner Know What Influence That Will Have. The Plan Was Just For It To Be Profitable. Do You Think WB/DC Were Stupid For Fixing Shazam In The Same Month With Avengers: Endgame? Why Do You Think WW84 Was Moved To 2020? Think.

Shazam is a success, grossing over $322M against a budget of $90M and even of $250M thus making a profit of x3.6 it's budget. Is That Failure To You.

Okay Google Shazam in terms of Success, All The Sites Including Forbes Will tell you that Shazam is a success and a hit going with it's budget. So if those in the field tells you that Shazam is a success why should you bother yourself over some trollers here calling Shazam a failure. Their Opinion doesn't count. So take a chill pill and be happy for Shazam's Success.

I CAN VIVDLY REMEMBER MARVEL FANS SAYING SHAZAM WILL NEVER GROSS OVER $300M BECAUSE AVENGERS: ENDGAME WILL CRUSH IT, BUT WERE ARE WE TODAY. SHAZAM GROSSED OVER $322M DESPITE ALL THE STUNTS PULLED BY AVENGERS: ENDGAME AND IT WILL GROSS CLOSE TO $400M IF NOT $400M OR OVER $400M BY FRIDAY.

SHAZAM IS THE ONLY APRIL HOLLYWOOD MOVIE TO GROSS OVER $100M. OTHERS ARE STILL STRUGGLING BELOW $100M, THIS IS SO BECAUSE OF THE INFLUENCE OF AVENGERS: ENDGAME BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP SHAZAM FROM GROSSING OVER $322M AGAINST A BUDGET OF $90M

IF SHAZAM WAS RELEASED IN ANY OTHER MONTH WHERE THE INFLUENCE OF AVENGERS: ENDGAME ISN'T THERE AND IT ISN'T RELEASING, IT WOULD HAVE GROSS HIGH. BUT ANYWAYS THE BO OF SHAZAM IS A WIN WIN FOR WB/DC GOING WITH IT'S BUDGET.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Happy_Easter.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
hulk616:
Some cinemas has started removing Shazam and preparing for the mother of all movies Endgame.
Raalsalghul,iuwe and minemrys has gone offline in order to watch all the 21 fantastic movies to catch up with the awesomeness.
TheKingIsHere has started preparing his Excel spreadsheet to collate our box office billions.
Xavier5 is editing pictures to display his tears after endgame makes 1 billion dollars in 3 days
Pu7pl3 is busy brushing up his wrestling skills to illustrate the awesome fight scenes to DC fans who will never watch endgame in cinemas.

bros, as a marvel fan, i d0n ready my ticket, ir0n am hide am. Endgame would be massive. I just saw infinity war for the 50th time. I agree and i must c0nfess n0w, that film was over rated.

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:56am On Apr 22, 2019
hulk616:
Some cinemas has started removing Shazam and preparing for the mother of all movies Endgame.
Raalalghul,iwe and mnemrys has gone offline in order to watch all the 21 fantastic movies to catch up with the awesomeness.
TheKigIsHere has started preparing his Excel spreadsheet to collate our box office billions.
Xaier5 is editing pictures to display his tears after endgame makes 1 billion dollars in 3 days
Pupl3 is busy brushing up his wrestling skills to illustrate the awesome fight scenes to DC fans who will never watch endgame in cinemas.

Finally the hype has caught up to you ey?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
This barren Land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
They are hustling to get money to watch endgame!!!! grin grin

And where is raalsalghul?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani6666: 12:57am On Apr 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AKWAPROPHET: 1:53am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2019
AKWAPROPHET:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQt1ZmPCoGg
Are you mad ? Why disrespect this thread with your shit ? Sorry , I forgot this is the DC shit thread, carry on

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Afobear:

Are you mad ? Why disrespect this thread with your shit ? Sorry , I forgot this is the DC shit thread, carry on
DC is the trash universe what do you expect
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:42am On Apr 23, 2019
hulk616:
DC is the trash universe what do you expect

but wait joke aside...why do you keep dissing dc? Like you dont even get tired atall
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

but wait joke aside...why do you keep dissing dc? Like you dont even get tired atall
i dont diss DC, i just like saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

The truth does hurt innit ?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
hulk616:
i dont diss DC, i just like saying the truth.

Delusional....DC as a whole is a success story that has spanned for decades and the DCEU is even more successfull...you are one to always talk about boxoffice numbers as a metric for success which is true,so why then will you say its a failure?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Afobear:

The truth does hurt innit ?

what is the truth? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

Delusional....DC as a whole is a success story that has spanned for decades and the DCEU is even more successfull...you are one to always talk about boxoffice numbers as a metric for success which is true,so why then will you say its a failure?
which success?
using box office data
BvS budget 300M dollars box office -- 873M dollars and using the x3 of the budget as break even, BvS is a failure
JL budget 300M dollars box office --- 657M dollars meaning JL is a MASSIVE failure
Suicide squad budget 325M dollars box office --- 746M dollars meaning SS is a failure
Wonder woman budget 150M dollars box office -- 821M dollars meaning WW was trash but successful
Man of Steel budget 225M , box office -- 675M dollars meaning MoS is a failure
Aquamam budget 200M, box office -- 1.147B dollars meaning aquaman was trash but successful angry
Shazam budget 100M, box office --- 322M dollars meaning shazam is a semi-failure

more failure than Succesful DC is a failure PERIOD
WHATEVER IT TAKES

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

what is the truth? undecided
DC is the S.I unit of trash

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
hulk616:
DC is the S.I unit of trash
This guy, you too love DC movies. Your love for DC is like breathing for you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
philfearon:

This guy, you too love DC movies. Your love for DC is like breathing for you.
lies

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
hulk616:
which success?
using box office data
BvS budget 300M dollars box office -- 873M dollars and using the x3 of the budget as break even, BvS is a failure
JL budget 300M dollars box office --- 657M dollars meaning JL is a MASSIVE failure
Suicide squad budget 325M dollars box office --- 746M dollars meaning SS is a failure
Wonder woman budget 150M dollars box office -- 821M dollars meaning WW was trash but successful
Aquamam budget 200M, box office -- 1.147B dollars meaning aquaman was trash but successful angry
Shazam budget 100M, box office --- 322M dollars meaning shazam is a semi-failure

WHATEVER IT TAKES
Ok, using your exact parameters;

The Incredible Hulk budget 150M box office -- 263.4M and using the x3 of budget to break even, it is a massive Failure
Iron Man budget 140M box office --- 585.2M trash but successful
Thor budget 150M box office --- 449.3M meaning Thor is trash and Failure
Captain America: The First Avenger budget 216.7M box office --- 370.6M another trash and Failure
Iron Man 2 budget 200M box office --- 623.9M meaning IM2 is a semi-failure
The Avengers 220M box office --- 1.519B successful
Thor dark world Budget 272M box office --- 644.6M meaning Thor 2 is a Massive Failure
Captain America: The Winter Soldier budget 177M box office ---- 714.3M successful
Avengers: Age of Ultron budget 495.2M box office ---1.405B meaning AAoU was a Massive failure
Doctor Strange budget 236.6M box office ---- 677.7M failure
Thor: Ragnarok budget 180M box office --- 854M successful
Avengers: Infinity War budget 550M (+ 200M given to RDJ and the 2 chris) box office ---- 2.04B semi failure
Spider-Man: Homecoming budget 315M box office ---- 880.2M another failure
Ant-Man budget budget 169.3M box office ---- 519.3M Quantum trash and failure
Ant-Man and the Wasp budget 195 box office ---- 622.7M meaning is still quantum trash and semi failure
Black panther and Captain marvel both successful
Endgame Budget 700M ( +200M to be given to RDJ and the 2 chris as bonus) box office ------ ??

Take note, we have not gone to the massive failures of Marvel Fantastic four and X-men franchises because i noticed that marvel fanboys always avoid mentioning these franchises.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
Abeg, where them Man United fans for this thread? Am carrying out prayer and fasting so u guys can beat Man City tom0rrow. Help me pray too. Lol

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
Minemrys:
Abeg, where them Man United fans for this thread? Am carrying out prayer and fasting so u guys can beat Man City tom0rrow. Help me pray too. Lol
We would rather have city win the league, than Liverpool..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
hulk616:
which success?
using box office data

WHATEVER IT TAKES

Lmao...so just cos you want to troll you decide to throw away every atom of common sense you have...

I wanted to dumb myself down and counter with your same parameters and show you that if we follow your base level trolling method marvel is even more of a failure considering they have more movies but TheKingisHere beat me to it(i like the quantum trash touch)

Soo now just take few seconds and read what you typed and ask yourself weda you have sense...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:43am On Apr 24, 2019
badinfluence:

We would rather have city win the league, than Liverpool..
lol. Wh!ch kind talk be dis na? Una no dy forgive pers0n? One go0d turn deserves an0ther oh! :-D
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2019
Minemrys:

lol. Wh!ch kind talk be dis na? Una no dy forgive pers0n? One go0d turn deserves an0ther oh! :-D
So we won't hear word from you people abi..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:51am On Apr 24, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

The Incredible Hulk budget 150M box office -- 263.4M and using the x3 of budget to break even, it is a massive Failure
Captain America: The First Avenger budget 216.7M box office --- 370.6M another trash and Failure
Thor dark world Budget 272M box office --- 644.6M meaning Thor 2 is a Massive Failure
Captain America: The Winter Soldier budget 177M box office ---- 714.3M successful
Avengers: Age of Ultron budget 495.2M box office ---1.405B meaning AAoU was a Massive failure
Avengers: Infinity War budget 550M (+ 200M given to RDJ and the 2 chris) box office ---- 2.04B semi failure
Ant-Man and the Wasp budget 195 box office ---- 622.7M meaning is still quantum trash and semi failure
Endgame Budget 700M ( +200M to be given to RDJ and the 2 chris as bonus) box office ------ ??

Take note, we have not gone to the massive failures of Marvel Fantastic four and X-men franchises because i noticed that marvel fanboys always avoid mentioning these franchises.

You being too conservative on their early movies budgets, bro. Incredible Hulk's budget plus marketing was way over $150m. Let say $220m+.
In fact, no MCU movie is below $200m, budget and marketing.
Ok let's do a rough estimate of how much stars like Samuel L. Jackson and co suck out of any MCU movies they appear.

If Avengers: Endgame grosses $2.9b
Let's see how much profit it would make
Production budget $500m - $700m ( before you shout, ask yourself how much does Robert Downey Jnr takes home [forget about the Chrises for now] and that doesn't include % share o)
Marketing budget $300m - $400m ( we are all aware that Feigh pumped in additional $200m for A: Endgame marketing a week ago.)

Now the % stuff:
For every blockbuster movie guys like Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jnr, Harrison Ford, Hamil Mark and many others appear they collect at least 5-10% of it total gross, in which, few of these guys are in Avengers: Endgame.
So, let's give 10% for both Samuel L. Jackson and Robert from $2.9b, that's s whooping $290m (hmmm sure see profit go come out so lol!). Mind us, we are even ignoring other powerhouse like Chris Evans, Chris Hamsworth, Scarlet Johansson and few others.

Returns = $2'900'000'000b
Less:
Production budget = $600'000'000
Marketing budget = $350'000'000
% overall = $290'000'000
Net returns (aside domestic and foreign theaters %) = $1'660'000'000.

Now let's factor the 3x illusion for a movie to breakeven:
Total budget(s) x 3:
$1'240'000'000 x 3 = $3'720'000'000....
I just hope Endgame gross $3'720'000'001 so at least they can make profit. Lol!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 24, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

AS expected from you just posting fake news. i used figures from valid sources like box office mojo and forbes but you are just used unconfirmed figures. and this goes to show that Marvel is a massive success that DC accountant is changing figures grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2019
badinfluence:

So we won't hear word from you people abi..
lol. What of Man City? Una no knw say e go make una club l0ok inferior to City? If una no beat City today or make top 4 or enter Ucl, no top ranking baller go want play for Man U again. Na City go dy c0llect the spotlight. Una go just dy like all these small teams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.