Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1220552 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

the m0re reas0n why JL did n0t do well. You can't make a story centred on a group and focus on 0ne character. Check other variati0ns of jl, it doesn't have a lead. What we have is the guy who calls the shot i.e like cap america does, but the story isn't centered on him. A lead is one who the st0ry centres on.

Justice league didn't do well because of the crappy storyline.

Captain America had 50minutes for age of ultron, ironman had 45minutes too. And that's a 2 hours film. Will you say age of ultron didn't do well? Captain America was the lead.

If you have too many people involved in a project, there won't be any lead. Everyone in endgame (over 40people) were fighting for screen time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

which horror did u see in shazam? D0n't tell me you were frightened by those funny seven sins.

So, you didn't know that people actually complained about the seven deadly sins in Shazam? You didn't know that they complained about how dark it was for sivana to throw his own brother out from the highest floor in the building?

Even Aquaman had that horror element of surprise when the trench showed up.

How many people complained about the horrors of war in captain America?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

In JL, batman and Diana are leads, especially Batman.

Batman had most screen time(48minutes) for a 2 hrs film, so he is passed as main male lead while Diana (45minutes) is female lead.

However, Endgame didn't give enough screen time to either ironman or captain America for a 3hrs+ film. Google out their screen time and you will be disappointed.

The major thing that affected endgame is that they involved too many things, people and unnecessary plot holes

Forget Endgame...

The more I think about it....I just cant help loving Infinity War more and more.

IW was not perfect but Endgame was a let down compared to IW.

The major issue I had with Endgame was stakes.

IW had stakes....mad stakes.
The urgency and the race to stop Thanos from getting all the stones from the moment the film started left me at the edge of my seat.
Endgame threw stakes out of the window until the third act.

A good time travel film has stakes and this is where Endgame disappointed me.
The time travel mission was too easy and straight forward....no danger or whatever.
It didn't leave me at the edge of my seat....the time travel was just average and lacked excitement and yes.... Stakes.

The only part that had stakes was when Black Widow sacrificed herself for the soul stone and that part had nothing to do with time travel.

A good time travel film has stakes and this sense of urgency that has main characters second guessing every move.
Like Back to the future where the main guy had to fix the past quickly to prevent his parents breakup and avoid wiping himself out of existence.
Or flashpoint where Barry had to figure out how to break the space time continuum and prevent a timeline which left the world devastated.
Now that's some fvcking good time travel plots !

Endgame time travel was very easy because the writers don't wanna stress themselves writing a complex time travel plot with massive stakes and real danger.

Not to mention how the movie ruined my favorite marvel character Thor.
IW completed a Thor redemption arc that started with Ragnarok, building Thor to his best possible form only for Endgame to reduce him to his lowest of lows.

And Hulk eewwww... embarassed

Endgame is not a best picture material.
Disney should stop disrespecting the Oscars.

I mean who in his right mind would submit every actress and actor in one film for best supporting awards.

Is that not an effort in futility

Are they trying to mock the Oscars undecided

This is Oscars not Teen Choice Awards undecided

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Justice league didn't do well because of the crappy storyline.

Captain America had 50minutes for age of ultron, ironman had 45minutes too. And that's a 2 hours film. Will you say age of ultron didn't do well? Captain America was the lead.

If you have too many people involved in a project, there won't be any lead. Everyone in endgame (over 40people) were fighting for screen time.
did the story focus on captain america in age of ultr0n? Lol. People are meant to fight for screen time in ensembles. U are trying to make people care for all the characters, u make them fight for screen time. U can't give 0ne character 70% screen time in an ensemble m0vie if u want people to care for the characterz. That was what JL's script did and that was why it failed cos people couldn't care for aquaman or flash or cyborg or even superman's rebirth if batman was centre of the whole thing. And, Captain america had less screen time in age of ultr0n c0mpared to ir0n man. But it wasn't abt ir0n man. Every0ne was central to the overarcing plot. In a single led film, the story is focused on the lead, we see everything thr0ugh the lead's eyes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

Forget Endgame...

The more I think about it....I just cant help loving Infinity War more and more.

The urgency and the race to stop Thanos from getting all the stones from the moment the film started left me at the edge of my seat.

The time travel mission was too easy and straight forward....no danger or whatever.
It didn't leave me at the edge of my seat....the time travel was just average and lacked excitement and yes.... Stakes.

The only part that had stakes was when Black Widow sacrificed herself for the soul stone and that part had nothing to do with time travel.

A good time travel film has stakes and this sense of urgency that has main characters second guessing every move.
Like Back to the future where the main guy had to fix the past quickly to prevent his parents breakup and avoid wiping himself out of existence.
Or flashpoint where Barry had to figure out how to break the space time continuum and prevent a timeline which left the world devastated.

Endgame time travel was very easy because the writers don't wanna stress themselves writing a complex time travel plot with massive stakes and real danger.

IW completed a Thor redemption arc that started with Ragnarok, building Thor to his best possible form only for Endgame to reduce him to his lowest of lows.

I mean who in his right mind would submit every actress and actor in one film for best supporting awards.

Thank you.

Infinity wars was far better than endgame.

I have been following a lot of Oscar awards update, and no one is mentioning endgame as best picture nomination.

But I believe it will win an award as Disney is spending heavily on the campaign.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

did the story focus on captain america in age of ultr0n? Lol. People are meant to fight for screen time in ensembles. U are trying to make people care for all the characters, u make them fight for screen time. U can't give 0ne character 70% screen time in an ensemble m0vie if u want people to care for the characterz. That was what JL's script did and that was why it failed cos people couldn't care for aquaman or flash or cyborg or even superman's rebirth if batman was centre of the whole thing. And, Captain america had less screen time in age of ultr0n c0mpared to ir0n man. But it wasn't abt ir0n man. Every0ne was central to the overarcing plot. In a single led film, the story is focused on the lead, we see everything thr0ugh the lead's eyes.

You are just saying what I have said in another form.

They should have made a lead while focusing on the team up.

In AoU, captain America was the lead actor and it was still a team up movie. Same with Batman for JL.

If you have a moderate number of people involved and used either ironman or cap as their center force, they would have had a main lead in endgame.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
hulk616:
are you just reading this

This is the third time I'm reading it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
MORTAL KOMBAT UPDATE;

Johnny Cage will feature in movie and Nitara has been cast.

This is an image of the lady(sisi stringer) playing meleena. cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, I loved the way he was just bitched slapped. cheesy

Seriously, I don't just like Hal Jordan.

John Stewart would have fought back

Hal Jordan is more powerful than Stewart grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Where is pu7pl3 and black spider?

Hulk616, we all know that you are nightguy undecided

I'm here

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

Hal Jordan is more powerful than Stewart grin grin

I disagree.

Hal has not defeated John
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

So, you didn't know that people actually complained about the seven deadly sins in Shazam? You didn't know that they complained about how dark it was for sivana to throw his own brother out from the highest floor in the building?

Even Aquaman had that horror element of surprise when the trench showed up.

How many people complained about the horrors of war in captain America?

Is this a joke or what cheesy

How dark is it for someone to get thrown out of a skyscraper grin

Anybody complaining about that is really lost.
As if that's the darkest thing he's ever seen in DC film....mtcheww

Meanwhile in DC comics....

Now that is some fvcking darkness.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

I'm here

I hail baba.

Where blackspider? E be like say he is helping to count the jokers huge cash to $1bn cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

How dare sinestro touch John? angry

Where is wonder woman cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

Forget Endgame...

Here is the steak you ordered sir

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I disagree.

Hal has better feats and is more respected in the multiverse than john grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I hail baba.

Where blackspider? E be like say he is helping to count the jokers huge cash to $1bn cheesy

grin Blackspider usually comes here in the night grin grin

Hopefully he will stop counting when Joker hits 1bn this Sunday smiley

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

Are you following the dark multiverse elseworld stories? Really dark shit has been happening grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

Forget Endgame...

I tell you bro, I still get goosebumps from watching Infinity War trailer
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

Are you following the dark multiverse elseworld stories? Really dark shit has been happening grin grin

Yes...
Very dark indeed grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

You are just saying what I have said in another form.

They should have made a lead while focusing on the team up.

In AoU, captain America was the lead actor and it was still a team up movie. Same with Batman for JL.

If you have a moderate number of people involved and used either ironman or cap as their center force, they would have had a main lead in endgame.

we are n0t saying the same thing. At all.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Finally cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

I'm here
who is that guy?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
hulk616:
who is that guy?

Bray Wyatt as the fiend
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I disagree.

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:
Finally cool
December 22, I can wait cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

Bray Wyatt as the fiend
why is he not brave enough to face people one on one instead of batman-ing them
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:
Finally cool
latecomer
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
December 22, I can wait cheesy

Me too smiley...Next two years can't come any quicker man
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

they are not dark now undecided compared to DCeased, X-Men,
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
hulk616:
why is he not brave enough to face people one on one instead of batman-ing them

It's not cowardice...it's cool shiiit cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

It's not cowardice...it's cool shiiit cool
he is a coward. And he is making wrestling boring like swamp thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.