Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1225117 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
Minemrys:

hulk616 is an human error.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Minemrys:

hulk616 is an human error.
minemrys is an human error. That's why he used 0 instead of O
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
Minemrys:

am n0t talking abt justice league or black representati0n. Am talking abt a cyborg film taking an ambitious theme abt cybernetics, techn0 addicti0n and so on. Doing s0mething that isn't often d0ne in cinema.
Name the superhero film aside BP with a d0minant black cast with a setting aimed in africa?
many movies has done this cybernetics etc before.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
hulk616:
many movies has done this cybernetics etc before.
u still dnt get it. Many films have dealt ön space explorati0n but n0lan's interstellar is still seen as a master piece.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
BoP has under performed and everywhere is quiet. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Raalsalghul:
BoP has under performed and everywhere is quiet. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Personally I'm quiet cos that's the best thing to do right now for my sanity and POM, the negativity/Bad energy towards this movie on this thread is alarming right now and I choose not to vibe with it as trying to explain/encourage is really(and have been really) exhausting..

The movie has 6more weeks to run in theatres, perhaps before then some semblance of peace and rationality would have been restored here
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

Personally I'm quiet cos that's the best thing to do right now for my sanity and POM, the negativity/Bad energy towards this movie on this thread is alarming right now and I choose not to vibe with it as trying to explain/encourage is really(and have been really) exhausting..

The movie has 6more weeks to run in theatres, perhaps before then some semblance of peace and rationality would have been restored here

Expect the same under performance from Black Adam: you heard it first from me.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
Raalsalghul:

lol...ok
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Plenty shenanigans in this Episode

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:

No way Black Adam will under perform..

The Rock himself is a marketing machine and his films always do well at the box office

Black Adam will do very well, there is nothing to worry about.

But from now on WB should stop producing films that no one asked for.
I have looked at DCEU slate from Man Of Steel to BOP.

BOP is the only DC film that has no business being in existence, no one asked for it, doesn't push the DCEU forward and only there to add to Harley Quinn story.

Another major reason for BOP box office travails is the fact that it is R rated...
BOP had no business being R rated...freaking Suicide Squad was PG13 and it earned $700m....if you take away the teenagers that went to see the film, you would be looking at only $400m.
So yes PG13 is an advantage, not every film can try R rated and do well. Birds of Prey is suffering now cuz many young DC fans can't see the film.

I hate to admit it but hulk616 was right

Moving forward, a spin-off like Gotham City Sirens (if it ever happens) should stick with PG13.

Female centric comic book films struggle to take off at box office....only a handful has managed to break the glass ceiling.

Looking forward to the future of DCEU.
We still have....

WW84
Flash
Batman
Suicide Squad
Black Adam
Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

We can breath a sigh of relief as we ain't getting any more BOP-like unnecessary films again , the slate looks solid....BOP should hopefully break even but nothing spoil.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 10, 2020
BlackManta:

The Rock himself is a marketing machine and his films always do well at the box office

BOP is the only DC film that has no business being in existence, no one asked for it, doesn't push the DCEU forward and only there to add to Harley Quinn story.

Another major reason for BOP box office travails is the fact that it is R rated...
BOP had no business being R rated...freaking Suicide Squad was PG13 and it earned $700m....if you take away the teenagers that went to see the film, you would be looking at only $400m.
So yes PG13 is an advantage, not every film can try R rated and do well. Birds of Prey is suffering now cuz many young DC fans can't see the film.

Moving forward, a spin-off like Gotham City Sirens (if it ever happens) should stick with PG13.

Female centric comic book films struggle to take off at box office....only a handful has managed to break the glass ceiling.

We still have....

WW84
Flash
Batman
Suicide Squad
Black Adam
Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

We can breath a sigh of relief as we ain't getting any more BOP-like unnecessary films again , the slate looks solid....BOP should hopefully break even but nothing spoil.
thank you grin for saying I was right. You can see that I m not a troll. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2020
Minemrys:

u still dnt get it. Many films have dealt ön space explorati0n but n0lan's interstellar is still seen as a master piece.

A Cyborg movie has potentials but I'm afraid it is a gamble

Such a film will cost $100m or more because of heavy CGI
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:
grin DC thought Harley Quinn was popular like joker. The people that knows her and those misrepresented characters in birds of prey are kids, but DC jokingly need the movie R rated.

The movie will fail massively. Marvel rules
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:22am On Feb 10, 2020
BlackManta:

We still have....

WW84
Flash
Batman
Suicide Squad
Black Adam
Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

Ok oh, I won't argue, but I'll be right here to say "I told you so".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 10, 2020
Birds of prey has lower box office opening than green lantern grin grin

But some people here told the ghul that the news on low tickets sales is a big lie grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:22am On Feb 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Be like say Phoenix don win for Best Actor.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 6:15am On Feb 10, 2020
hulk616:

But some people here told the ghul that the news on low tickets sales is a big lie grin
Why don't you worry yourself with the fact that Avengers Endgame lost to 1917.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 10, 2020
Treyknowles:
Why don't you worry yourself with the fact that Avengers Endgame lost to 1917.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:34am On Feb 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Be like say Phoenix don win for Best Actor.

Yea I saw

Congratulations to him and Hildur

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2020
BlackManta:

A Cyborg movie has potentials but I'm afraid it is a gamble

Such a film will cost $100m or more because of heavy CGI

bro, u can't c0mpare the cgi with aquaman or avatar. If cyborg cho0ses to go ambitious, the film would attract audiences. Take avatar for instance, it t0ok on a theme and a subject in a most dynamic manner that it seemed new and interesting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:

don't go there.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:31am On Feb 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:

don't go there. If u lo0k at the audiences waiting for this film, you w0n't say this.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2020
Minemrys:

don't go there. If u lo0k at the audiences waiting for this film, you w0n't say this.
same thing, you guys said for birds of flop grin

Endgame was robbed again cry cry cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:33am On Feb 10, 2020
BoP was a big let down..ughhh
When I say WB is the problem some of us will say no...... Why given us CTRL C of Deadpool as a BoP when there are so many materials they can tap from. I don't really want to go into this movie, cause there are so so many things to point out that likely making this movie to fail badly.
The Black Mask they gave us, to me, is just one st*p*d villain I have ever seen. What happens to The Black Mask we saw in the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood? Why can't they go for something like that since they went for an R-rated BoP. Something dark and more mean would've helped the character more and not that sissy one we watched....

Big congrats to Joaquin Phoenix for taken home the Best Actor Award last night. When will MCU achieved this
DC is abundantly rich with good stories!!!!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:35am On Feb 10, 2020
BlackManta:

We still have....

WW84
Flash
Batman
Suicide Squad
Black Adam
Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

Gbam! I said this when BoP was ann0unced, but s0me said i was being a snyder fanatic. A BOP film wasn't right when the dceu is trying to find its feet. Had they g0ne with chris mcquarrie's pitch for a superman film right after the wave of missi0n imp0ssible, wb would've had a hit.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2020
hulk616:
grin DC thought Harley Quinn was popular like joker. The people that knows her and those misrepresented characters in birds of prey are kids, but DC jokingly need the movie R rated.

The movie will fail massively. Marvel rules
the misc0ncepti0n was with suicide squad. Wb must have thought its success was due to harley quinn. I've always doubtd that character's influential factor. Heck, i tried explaining to a certain guy here that cos joker was a hit didn't mean the film audience were into crazy clowns. But he was persistent. If u l0ok at the stats, there are films that m0ve the audience, the c0ncept BOP went with was an all too c0mm0n c0ncept. And the worst part was it had no A lister to draw in audiences.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2020
hulk616:

shey i told u 1917 deserved an oscar b4 endgame? I was right, wasn't i?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Minemrys:

shey i told u 1917 deserved an oscar b4 endgame? I was right, wasn't i?
nonsense oscars angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 10, 2020
Minemrys:

the misc0ncepti0n was with suicide squad. Wb must have thought its success was due to harley quinn. I've always doubtd that character's influential factor. Heck, i tried explaining to a certain guy here that cos joker was a hit didn't mean the film audience were into crazy clowns. But he was persistent. If u l0ok at the stats, there are films that m0ve the audience, the c0ncept BOP went with was an all too c0mm0n c0ncept. And the worst part was it had no A lister to draw in audiences.
Harley quinn is an A list character in DC, but stupid DC made the movie R rated, did some Black bending nonsense, destroyed characters like cass cain, and the news of gay.
A movie like shazam released during this period will do well, because there is almost zero competition and its not R rated !!!!

Another Box office failure for DC grin grin grin

Watch Black widow sending birds of flop and wonderwoman to the cleaners

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2020
SMUAG:
BoP was a big let down..ughhh
When I say WB is the problem some of us will say no...... Why given us CTRL C of Deadpool as a BoP when there are so many materials they can tap from. I don't really want to go into this movie, cause there are so so many things to point out that likely making this movie to fail badly.
The Black Mask they gave us, to me, is just one st*p*d villain I have ever seen. What happens to The Black Mask we saw in the animated movie: Batman: Under the Red Hood? Why can't they go for something like that since they went for an R-rated BoP. Something dark and more mean would've helped the character more and not that sissy one we watched....

[s]Big congrats to Joaquin Phoenix for taken home the Best Actor Award last night. When will MCU achieved this
DC is abundantly rich with good stories!!!!!! [/s]
DC is adapted to failure. Black mask and victor zsasz were big jokes in this movie. the people that made this movie did not do any research. Montoya, canary and cain were out of characters. Even, where was batman in this whole event. How can you blow up a chemical factory in gotham and batman or Jim Gordon didnt show up.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2020
hulk616:
Harley quinn is an A list character in DC, but stupid DC made the movie R rated, did some Black bending nonsense, destroyed characters like cass cain, and the news of gay.
A movie like shazam released during this period will do well, because there is almost zero competition and its not R rated !!!!

Another Box office failure for DC grin grin grin

Watch Black widow sending birds of flop and wonderwoman to the cleaners
oga, 4get d fact that harley quinn is an A list <which i doubt> jux putting her in a m0vie just for d sake of a cash grab w0n't bring in audiences. Take superman returns or green lantern for example. And the R rating isn't the problem. The c0ncept and the timing is the problem. No one really wanted a harley quinn film n0w.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2020
Minemrys:

Gbam! I said this when BoP was ann0unced, but s0me said i was being a snyder fanatic. A BOP film wasn't right when the dceu is trying to find its feet. Had they g0ne with chris mcquarrie's pitch for a superman film right after the wave of missi0n imp0ssible, wb would've had a hit.
this Birds of flop movie has destroyed the future of characters DC might want to introduce in the future. if black adam is R rated, then DC is finished

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.