Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone (10402 Views)

Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery / How To Deactivate All MTN Services To Stop Deducting Your Money / Funny Places People Charge Their Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Due to the recent harassment of Nigerians in South Africa, whereby alot of Nigerian shops were looted and some were brutualized because they own a shop over there, their nigerian counter part have deceived to switch off their phone on saturday 18th of april to show solidarity to Nigerians in south africa that were brutalised.

In other matter arising dstv refuses to follow the court injunction that said their should not be any increase in their tariff, they want ahead and increased it, buffling the Nigerian court

It high time Nigerian shine their eyes because we have star times which have introduce more channels at lower rate of #600 for 36channels and #1,800 for 84 channels, its only football that makes the difference, but Nigerian should know football is not oxygen that man cannot live without, be wise

Let the change start

13 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Fabdedon(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
is this your opinion sir or?
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by imbless: 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
I should switch off my for what?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by olu77(m): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Law of karma
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Segbu1: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ha y na
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Young03(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
U xpect me to loose contract worth 2mill.
Bro noo, FG shud take beta actions against this

7 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by imbless: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ochillary:
heheheheheheheheheh
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Tunnamania(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
would u switch off yours?

1 Like

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Foreign-owned shops in South Africa have been attacked and looted in east Johannesburg, the
latest in a series of xenophobic attacks.
A standoff developed in the city, with police forming a barrier between an angry crowd and
foreign-owned shops.
The violence comes despite Thursday's rally against xenophobia in the coastal city of Durban,
and condemnation from President Jacob Zuma.
At least five people have died in anti-foreigner attacks in recent weeks.
Get the latest on our Africa live page
Migrants, mostly from other African states and Asia, have moved to South Africa in large numbers
since white-minority rule ended in 1994.
There has been unrest in Jeppestown, east Johannesburg
Reporters have been threatened
Some immigrants were seen armed with machetes
Many South Africans accuse them of taking jobs in a country where the unemployment rate is
24%.
A crowd began looting foreign-owned shops in east Johannesburg on Thursday night. About
about 200 foreigners took refuge at a police station.
Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the looters and arrested 12 people.
A new standoff began in the eastern suburb of Jeppestown on Friday, as police sought to
prevent people from attacking more shops.
Police used rubber bullets to disperse a group of migrants in Johannesburg who had armed
themselves with machetes for protection.
Eyewitness: Raphael Nkomo, a Zimbabwean living and working in Johannesburg
What I saw when I was going to the shops on Thursday evening, it was so terrible.
A group of men were dropped from a mini bus, and all of them were armed with pangas, a [type
of] very big knife.
They started chasing people, throwing stones at them. Some were even knifed.
We had to run for cover. We ended up in the shops, and the owners closed the shops while we
were still inside until the police were called.
What I saw was terrifying, and if it continues like this by the time the government wakes up many
people will be dead. It is very, very bad.
Africans call for South Africa boycott
The acting Premier of the Gauteng province around Johannesburg, Qedani Mahlangu, called on
"each and every South African who's a peace-loving South African to stand up and condemn
this."
On Thursday President Zuma condemned the recent xenophobic attacks as "shocking".
"No amount of frustration or anger can justify the attacks on foreign nationals and the looting of
their shops," he told parliament on Thursday.
Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini has been accused of fuelling the attacks by saying that foreigners
should "go back to their countries". However, he said that his comments had been distorted.
At least five people have died in attacks on foreigners in recent weeks
High unemployment has fuelled anger against migrants
President Zuma called the attacks "shocking"
The police have established 24-hour centres to clamp down on attacks on foreign nationals, the
BBC's Milton Nkosi in Johannesburg reports.
Several African states have said they are prepared to help their nationals return home.
Amid fears of reprisal attacks, energy and chemical giant Sasol said it would repatriate more than
300 South Africans working in Mozambique.
Official data suggests there are about about two million foreign nationals in South Africa, about
4% of the total population. But some estimates put the number of immigrants at five million.
Many South Africans are against the violence, but are also unhappy with the level of immigration
and feel they are being undercut by immigrants from poorer countries, our correspondent adds.
At least 62 people died in xenophobic attacks in South Africa in 2008.
Regional reaction:
"Zimbabwe has to have its economy working again so that its citizens are not hunted like
animals in foreign lands. The xenophobia is not only a shame for South Africa, but for the
continent at large." - Zimbabwe's Newsday
"As Malawians, let us collectively take a stand to show our anger. For starters, let us boycott
South African business empires." - Malawi's Nyasa Times
"The most worrying thing is that all of this in happened South Africa amidst the quasi-
indifference from the authorities. It took a dozen days of deadly violence in Durban for the
president to be roused to action." - Burkina Faso's L'Observateur
Are you in South Africa? Have you been affected by the recent attacks and protests? You can
share your experiences by emailing haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk . If you are available to talk to a BBC
journalist please include a telephone number.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
For me i am switching my phone off, i have an alternate line, i most show solidarity

2 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by hahn(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigerians will never go through with this because first they will ask,"what religion do they belong to?". If they belong to the same religion, they will ask, "what denomination". If its the same denomination they will ask, "what tribe are the people that died from?". Even if they find out they are from the same tribe they will still ask, "are they from my town?". Even if they are from the same town, they will ask, "are they related to me?". Even if they are related they will go on to ask, "him dey feed me?". Ko kan aye

And that's why we will NEVER develop as a people simply because nationalism eludes us and we cannot unite, stand up and fight for a common goal.

Refer to "tribal wars" by nas and damian marley

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Because ur family is not involved should nt mean, u can't show solidarity for the broken hearted or for those who as diseased

4 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by NosoChic: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Switch off my phone for what?? SOLIDARITY

Tufiakwa! !Lesson to be learnt

Nigerian government needs to learn that the good of the land should first benefit its citizens. We are all shouting South Africa. ...Asians are coming here to take jobs we have qualified people to handle.

We need to support and formulate local content policies in all sectors of our economy.
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
NosoChic:

Nigerian government needs to learn that the good of the land should first benefit its citizens. We are all shouting South Africa. ...Asians are coming here to take jobs we have qualified people to handle.

We need to support and formulate local content policies in all sectors of our economy.

Is that why south african should beat nigerians blue & black because of policy
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by funarosho(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
how I wish star times can also b paying d rights for EPL and d rest
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by ifeanyi83(m): 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Better yet, stop your DSTV subscription, stop patronizing shoprite. You can as well port to glo. grin

5 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
The poster Na olodo. What you should tell people is to stop buying their airtime/recharge card. I have two lines: MTN and GLO. I now patronise GLO more than MTN. switch off phone my foot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by AdeniyiA(m): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
kenis:
The poster Na olodo. What you should tell people is to stop buying their airtime/recharge card. I have two lines: MTN and GLO. I now patronise GLO more than MTN. switch off phone my foot
this is reasonable enough.
but be it known that many Nigerians make their living by working for MTN

2 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by victor2008(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
If u have alternate line, u can join the solidarity by switching off ur phone, because if u dont do so, the impact wont be felt , moreso unwarranted message from MTN will still come in, to me the MTN line is off, MTN is south african company and they dont give a shit about nigerian doing biz in their country no dame money is going either thru download or phone call or texts to them, however im porting, period

3 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Friedthunder(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
If I switch of my phone because of this bull poo.. Lemme die by spaceship crash angry

1 Like

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by melvinjames: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
We repatriated 7mil Ghanaians in the past so I don't blame SA.

Which citizens would allow every dick and harry to come to their country? South Africa is taking half of Africa's migrant who would rather be in Europe. People see SA as next to Europe but forget the pressure it puts on the citizens of SA.
Create a country like SA or UK and our people won't have to go to USA to wash plates chikena.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by fiftynaira(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Personally switching off phones will cause more harm than good because the SA government wouldn't know that u switched off ur phone.... Cos personally my phone is my office can't stay a second a see it off.... Rather think of creating a harsh tag with pix and send down to d social media I bet the whole world will condemn such act!!! My one kobo advice

2 Likes

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by rattlesnake(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
victor2008:
Due to the recent harassment of Nigerians in South Africa, whereby alot of Nigerian shops were looted and some were brutualized because they own a shop over there, their nigerian counter part have deceived to switch off their phone on saturday 18th of april to show solidarity to Nigerians in south africa that were brutalised.

In other matter arising dstv refuses to follow the court injunction that said their should not be any increase in their tariff, they want ahead and increased it, buffling the Nigerian court

It high time Nigerian shine their eyes because we have star times which have introduce more channels at lower rate of #600 for 36channels and #1,800 for 84 channels, its only football that makes the difference, but Nigerian should know football is not oxygen that man cannot live without, be wise

Let the change start

Ode
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by djembadjemba: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
This OP needs to have his head checked. Stuuuupid boy
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Inkman(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
victor2008:

Let the change start

maybe you should suggest porting
to a different network

1 Like

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by ignis: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
Joblessness and stupidity at its peak.
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by bright007(f): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
ko kanye
Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by luvablesam(m): 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
NosoChic:

Who is stopping u from starting a business if you want to? How are the Asians stopping ur trade?.

Its simple logic,I won't switch off my MTN phone but instead campaign for us to Nationalize all south African businesses in Nigeria.

The Nigerian Government shouldn't just be laid back in every situation, it kills the national spirit.

Any Nigerian gets killed we shut all South Africans in Nigeria down.

Enough of Black South African low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigerians r xenophobic too against Their fellow Fulani, Hausa Ibo, Yoruba too.

look at wot they did to dis igbo man in South AFrica after looting his Shop.

Re: Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
If we had a govt that cares, then we might go ahead with this plan but since we have. government that's waiting for the attacks to intensify b4 they wade in, pray tell me how this boycott will work?

Btw, Nigerians are not the type of people to go ahead with this type of plan. Hell, an idiot can come on here to call you a broke nigga for coming on with this plan. Even though I like this idea ( I don't trust these cots on a normal day, I use a glo Sim and startimes), I'm afraid this plan can't work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Help With Techno N3 Flash Share / Infinix Zero 2, The Next Hero Discussion Thread / How To Mannually Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers On Your Windows PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.