Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:50 PM

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) (26780 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago / Obasanjo With JournalIsts In Victoria, Seychelles, East Africa (PICS) / Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Supporters Clash With Journalists Over Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 10:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Hardly will anyone argue that the contemporary Nigerian society is not such that is riddled with avarice and corruption.

Both the public and private sectors of the economy stink with stench of clandestine criminal activities. From the office of Local Government Councillor to the exalted office of nation’s President, looting of public treasury stands tall.

The evidence: Palatial houses, private jets, exotic cars, countless Chieftaincy titles, flamboyant foreign trips, properties at home and abroad, the list goes endlessly. In fact, it could be a taboo to occupy and exit office without embezzling public funds. But in the midst of all these, there is a Nigerian whose integrity resonates even with tearful testimonials. He is General Mohammadu Buhari. From east to west, north to south, he stands assuredly different from among folks.

He has occupied many exalted offices within the political hemisphere of Nigeria, yet available records show he did not selfishly enrich himself. Perhaps, the piece below intrinsically laced up with pictures of the country-side bungalow of Buhari in Daura, Katsina State tells the story more.
Getting a clearer shot of the building was a Herculean task. This is because which ever direction you chose to face, there was a piece of nature looking at you. Right from the main, and I think, the only entrance gate to the compound, nature stood, providing shade and convivial serenity that can only make one to appreciate God.
They stood, the trees and flowers of all kinds, heralding an environment that exudes grace, peace and love. And you cannot but also appreciate the different tunes of melodious sounds delivered by different birds that had nestle and periodically perch on top of the trees.

Outside the compound also is a tank that supplies water to the people of the area. The Almajiris, the telekawas, young and old gather to drink water. People say he is a man filled with benevolence toward his fellow creatures.

Though there’s the presence of security men both in uniform and plain clothes, apparently because of his new status, movement around the vicinity does not appear discernibly restricted. And so, people mill around.

If such is the case when he is around, one can only imagine how freer one could be to walk around the area without restriction when he is away. But I wonder if anyone ever goes there unless he is around because, his presence is such that magnates crowds who always hail and cheer him.
Of course, many in his garb would have chosen to line up buildings, carve out special territories and then fortify them with motley of stern-looking security operatives that would bar people around the area, but that is not the case with him. Instead, he chooses to be close to nature in a bungalow that provides shelter for him and his family. Yes, a modest bungalo. Nothing extraordinary. Just a bungalo close to nature.

And that’s the abode of a man who was once a minister of Petroleum, a governor and once a Head Of State. That paints a good picture of Nigeria’s President-elect. That, alone, sends a signal.

Meeting with Journalists

It was in this natural setting, directly under the shade of a tree that he interacted with Journalists on two occasions. First on March 28 and and second on April 11, 2015.

Unlike most censored executive chats, these meetings exclusively featured off-the-scripts chats with questions emanating from all angles on the contemporary social and political issues.
For one, Journalists felt at home savoring the drinks, including fura du nunu and Kunu (locally made milky juices) that were presented to them after the hectic work of monitoring and covering the presidential/National assembly; Governorship/State assembly elections respectively. The chat was later to culminate into memorable snapshots with the host.

Offices held

With the help of hindsight, this simplistically-defined man is not just an ordinarily Nigerian. He rose from being a General Officer Commanding (GOC) a division in the Nigerian army to becoming a military governor of the Northeastern region consisting of today’s Adamawa,Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno and Taraba States down to a Federal Commissioner (position now called Minister) for Petroleum and Natural Resources in 1976. In December, 1983, he became Nigeria’s 7th Head of State.

That’s not all. He also served as the Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), a body created by the government of General Sani Abacha, and funded from the revenue generated by the increase in price of petroleum products, to pursue developmental projects around the country.
In all of those privileges, the man still chooses not to convert his home town, Daura in Katsina State to his personal estate with skyscrapers and intimidating edifices benefiting his elongated profile. Yet he preaches against corruption and self aggrandizement.

But in a manner that can only be adjudged mysterious after three consecutively failed attempts in the past, his “chi” has rewarded him. On March 28, 2015, Nigerians trooped out enmasse and voted him the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This all-important man is not hidden. His name is Mohammadu Buhari, a retired Major-General from the once prestigious Nigerian Army.

His words, his bond

Leaning on his hard earned integrity, Buhari during his campaign told Nigerians that if elected president, he would declare his assets and also encourage his lieutenants to do so even as he stated that all the political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission, RMFAC. This he said in a pamphlet titled “I Pledge to Nigeria”.

He said: “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC.”

With the elections won, one would think that Buhari would repudiate his own vow, but no. When reminded, he went down memory lane, chronicling the failures of successive governments at implementing that aspect of the constitution.
“I made a statement which has not been correctly captured by the media. I said that our generation, from Murtala, late Murtala made sure that those who had appointments must declare their assets and this was later articulated in the constitution. It is up to government to make sure that those who borrow money to build a house and end up with another house somewhere else with 50 bedrooms and 20 living rooms should explain to Nigerians how they got the money.

“I could recall that I declared my assets three times. The first time
was when I got my first political appointment as Governor of Borno state; secondly, when I was leaving government to go to the United States War College. I declared my assets then because I was closing my political chapter then technically. I could recall that Gen. Jemibewon was the Adjutant General of the Nigerian army then. I had to declare my asset, deposit it there to be taken to court before I was allowed to proceed to the United States for my course.

“The third one was when I became Head of State. From General Obasanjo down till now, those of us that were in the Supreme Military Council, Council of States, Executive Council and even those who were Permanent Secretaries, at the time we got our appointment, the courts should be made to produce our declarations. So, all this noise about people being rich and nobody is saying anything about it, why can’t you prick the conscience of the existing government or are some of you part of the cover up?”

He was telling journalists this in his Daura residence last Saturday.

Still relying on the sidelines of integrity, he also reportedly told Nigerians that he would not recognize the office of the First Lady when voted into office. This he stated on the basis that the office is not constitutionally recognized. But hardly had he made this comment than a deluge of reactions trailed it, prompting his wife, Aisha to concoct some euphemistic landing for him.
She said: “When my husband is elected as the president of this country, he will rule the country within the rule of law based on the constitution of the country. If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognized, he will not tamper with it but if it is not that’s okay.

“For me I will perform my duties and role as the wife of the President of Nigeria traditionally. Wives of presidents have some traditional roles, like receiving guests, visiting orphanages, helping the less privileged people.”

On the heels of Buhari’s election as president, some eminent Nigerians spoke to Vanguard on the man. Apart from laudable testimonials about his person, one would obviously notice that Buhari is also a jolly good fellow as against his perceived unfriendly stance.

You can always bank on Buhari’s word — Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Edo State Governor

“I don’t think I am in the best position to answer this position but from my interactions with him, I think he is deeply concerned about Nigeria. Like he said in one of his interactions that people asked why wouldn’t he rest. If you care about this country, you can’t afford to rest when you see everything collapsing and people who fought to keep Nigeria one, they had dreams about what a large country can do not only for our people but for the continent.

“So, he has deep passion for our country. But he is also a very warm person. I don’t think that aspect is known to many and I can tell you that he has a very rich sense of humor. He wouldn’t talk too much the way some of us do but in the few words that he would share, you will see that they are loaded with wisdom. And he also believes that action should speak louder than words. And I am sure many people have increasingly come to see in the course of the electioneering campaign that he is a very happy family man. I don’t think many people know about this aspect.
“I think that Nigeria should expect a president that we can be proud of this time around. When he gives you his word, you can bank on it.
That is important. He has the liver to make decision and the clarity as to where Nigeria should go and the will to get things done and provide leadership necessary to drive radical changes.”
We want Buhari to be a Nigerian leader, not a regional leader —Aminu Bello Masari, Former Speaker, House of Representatives and Governor-Elect, Katsina State

“We are not meeting with Buhari on the platform of political party alone. We have a long standing relationship and now, we have a political relationship.
That Buhari is from Katsina state for us, is a plus and that plus depends on how we manage it. We want Buhari to be a Nigerian leader. We don’t want Buhari to be a regional, zonal or provincial leader.
“We want him to be a Nigerian leader that will leave a legacy of positive contribution to this country and that is the basis on which people elected him.
So, we will help him to maintain and improve on those qualities which the people of Nigeria see in him. We will never do anything that will tarnish his image, his reputation or his standing internationally and nationally. So, for us, Buhari is plus. When we go somewhere and say I am from Katsina, we want the doors to be open. So for us, it is a plus.”
Money is not everything, integrity is —Engr. Mustapha Bukar, Katsina North Senator-Elect
“His credentials speak for themselves and so, I don’t think that it is necessary to continue to hammer on that.
He has said it many times and everybody knows the positions he has held in this country. He told the world at the National Convention where he emerged as candidate that he has no money and it was based on his ideals that he was able to get the ticket of APC.
“So, the issue of corruption is real and everybody knows that in Nigeria, most of the institutions are not working.
They are not working because the system that is supposed to be in place to make them work is not being respected. If you don’t follow due process and the rules, it will be very difficult to get anything moving. So, it is like a moving train that is slowing down. I am sure that he will find the strength with the support of all Nigerians to get that train moving once again.
Last line
To him, a new era has begun. Old things had passed away and all things would be made new from May 29.
For man of 72 years old who had occupied various exalted public offices in the past before now, no manner of enticement, pecks or paraphernalia of office may make him veer off the pathway of discipline and integrity. What this means is that Nigerians would just have to embrace change from the old, crude, criminal ways to the era of discipline and patriotism. Failure of this, may take some to a dungeon for Buhari may not comprise his hard earned integrity. But then, the whole world is watching.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/daura-simplicity-contentment-redefined-in-buharis-abode/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2015
I CATCH You. lalasticlala

SIMPLiCITY
HUMILITY
INTEGRITY
HONESTY personality of Buhari

54 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Baba419(m): 10:23am On Apr 18, 2015
After may we will know better
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2015
See as dem be..

All I see is a greedy cow-rearer

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
A new day has come.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by MuguliciousMUGU: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
He should be on T.v with a good questionnaire, no all this learners.

The questions they would be asking him is...
Sir, are you gonna continue eating tuwo?
Sir, will you buy a new bed and mattress?
Sir, would you take your wife to dubai for enjoyment?
Sir, would you kiss your wife in public?
Sir, would you carry your cows to aso rock with you?

Mumu questions...

He needs an interview with a channels reporter.
The interview may be like this

channels reporter- sir, how will you stop boko haram

buhari- very easy, but wait first let me ask my former oga at the top, jona, because i don't want to say i will end it in two months time and my oga jona will say 10 years time

channels reporter- sir, if david cameron the prime minister comes to nigeria, what would you do?

Buhari- nothing, i will just welcome and since he is a minister, that means he has experience, i will make him a minister in nigeria, he would become a minister of corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
See as dem be
Dem be like Nigerians, proud Nigerians.

48 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2015
Obiagelli:

Dem be like Nigerians, proud Nigerians.
who ask this one question?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by MrIncrediible(m): 10:37am On Apr 18, 2015
Na the person wey PDP talk say wan clamp down on Press Freedom?? grin grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by chymystique(f): 10:37am On Apr 18, 2015
How is This news??
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Acekidc4(m): 10:37am On Apr 18, 2015
Wetin dis 1 con mean Na
Anyway Sai My Baba

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Flye: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2015
He is the man of the moment.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by kodded(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2015
wow he is still staying at daura, I think he really need rest

............My dear president rest all you want cause from may29 what you will be seeing will give you sleepless night cheesy smiley
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by sammyj: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2015
SAI baba and simplicity not like the Otuoke man ..... complete the sentence youreself before PDP supporters eat me raw !!! grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by mdbissalla(m): 10:40am On Apr 18, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Sir, will you buy are new bed and mattress?

Mumu questions...

buhari- very easy, but wait first let me ask my former oga at the top, jona, because i don't want to say i will end it in two months time and my oga jona will say 10 years time

channels reporter- sir, if david cameron the prime minister comes to nigeria, what would you do?

Buhari- nothing, i will just welcome and since he is a minister, that means he has experience, i will make him a minister in nigeria, he would become a minister of corruption.

SORRY MY BROTHER!!! we don pass dis stage

46 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by kendrick9(m): 10:41am On Apr 18, 2015
This man isn't fit to be president, from his apperance alone...
Also when is he goin to be interviewed by a credible station like ait,nta and the rest... instead of all this muslims meetings he is having..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by kendrick9(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2015
sammyj:
SAI baba and simplicity not like the Otuoke man ..... complete the sentence youreself before PDP supporters eat me raw !!! grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
u are crazy for comparing jonathan to this cattle rearer... this man doesn't even look healthy enough...
Gej is more presentable to the world than this man....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Inkman(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2015
mai gaskiya

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Opinedecandid(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2015
Let's wait and get the full text of his speech.

The man no de fail to mis-yarn.
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nazeeboy(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2015
OP, why not copy and paste the interview here na? Or na shakara dey do u ni?
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by omenka(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2015
That is my president right there. smiley

That second pic is reminiscent of the early 60s when Nigeria had Leaders and respectable statesmen.

Buhari will not only be feared, he'd be loved and respected. These three ingredients are key to making a leader succeed.

I love this man so much sometimes I feel I could die for Nigeria for his sake. cheesy

God bless you sir. smiley

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nazeeboy(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2015
kendrick9:
Also when is he goin to be interviewed by a credible station like ait,nta and the rest... instead of all this muslims meeting he is having..
well Mr. Fit you are good to carry on by may 29th.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nazeeboy(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Sir, will you buy a new bed and mattress?
Sir, would you carry your cows to aso rock with you?

Mumu questions...

your username don already explain the kind of person you are. So I won't bother myself and try to explain things rationally to you because even if if I did, I'd be wasting my time coz u will never understand.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by omenka(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2015
kendrick9:
Also when is he goin to be interviewed by a credible station like ait,nta and the rest... instead of all this muslims meeting he is having..
A very useless comment.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
See as dem be..

All I see is a greedy cow-rearer
If you see greed in the pictures, I seriously suggest that you seek spiritual intervention in your life. Someone/something is really after you.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2015
kITATITA:

If you see greed in the pictures, I seriously suggest that you seek spiritual intervention in you life. Someone/something is really after you.
what is this thing saying? Mumu
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Olamitisoji(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2015
In coming President BUHARI. Just make sure you don't Bleep up, because, the koboko wey dem use flog Jonathan out is hidden on the self for you too juat incase you Bleep up. May God Help You. May Your Administration bring good tidings for us all. I case my rest winkwinkwink
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by Bonapart(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2015
All i see is non Nigerians...
People who believe in kill, destroy, form boko haram, kill innocents, claim power can never be Nigeria to me...
Thnks
Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by word764: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2015
"

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by datguru: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2015
I just can't wait for Buhari to start entertaining us with his tone. Lol.....

Peloo nigarians , I prege dis day to pight kwarapation. Lol

Imagine buhari giving a speech in a UN or ECOWAS meeting, its gonna be fun... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) by kendrick9(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
A very useless comment.
when is the cattle rearer from daura goin to be interviewed by top stations where technical questions will asked about how he intends to rule nigeria?.
I don't give a damn about his meeting with his fellow fulanis...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) / Recession: Governors Frustrated Us From Saving For Rainy Day – Obasanjo / Construction Of Ibom Industrial Park & Sterling Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.