Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals (36418 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
CyberTerrorist:
The more they get presidency, senate, HoR, etc. the more their region/people keeps going down in all human edearvor..even their slaves in the SW are behind us..To every citizen of SS/SE, keep on working hard and believe in yourself, they can only delay our destiny with their evil policies but our destiny of becoming the greatest in all facet of human endeavor in this country can never be denied..God bless SE/SS, God bless Nigeria..To God be the glory.. cool

1 Like

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by denziz: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
All the claims in the write up remains the creation of someone's imagination if the source is not included for verification.
Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by vivalavida(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
oneeast:

States with the highest number of professors in this order:

Imo, Ondo, Anambra, Ekiti, Delta and Kwara

READ BELOW:

Facts can never be hidden. To be first does not mean you would win the race; let us open up all our institutions and may the best man win. Let us not depend on handouts or privileges but on heard work. Let us compete and give the best positions to our brightest – be it Ibo, Yourba or Fulani, and then we shall see who is the most successful Nigerian.

I find it difficult not to respond to some of these long-held lies that are constantly being peddled by Yorubas. One is that the Yoruba have the largest number of professors in the country. I would again ask that we stick to facts and statistical records.

The Nigerian Universities Commission has a record of the state with the largest number of professors on their records and as at 2010 that state is Imo State followed by Ondo State and then Anambra State; the next state is Ekiti and then Delta before Kwara State. I am sure you Yorubas are surprised. When you sit in the South-West do not think others are sleeping but I wish to address another historical fact and that is who were the first Nigerians to receive Western education. It is important that these issues be examined in their historical context and evidence through research be presented for all to examine.

I have continued my research for as the great sociologist and father of modern sociology – Emile Durkheim – put it, the definition of a situation is real in its consequence . What this simply means is that one must never allow a perceived falsehood to become one’s reality and by extension individuals who accept a defined position act as though the situation is real and apply themselves in that narrowly defined perspective.

Why is this important to state it is because for long the Yoruba have peddled lies that have almost become accepted as the truth by other Nigerians but it is important that we lay down the facts for others to examine and come to their own conclusion for facts are facts. Let’s go back to education. Historically, Western education resulted as a product of indigenous ethnic groups interacting with the whites through trade. The dominant groups sold slaves, ivory gold and a host of other products to their European counterparts in exchange for finished goods – wine, tobacco, mirrors, etc.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2547&title=Igbo-scholar-disgraces-Femi-Fani-Kayode-•Demolishes-claims-on-Igbo%2FYoruba-history-with-facts-and-figures

Chino nnam,gwa ya eziokwu.

10 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by BraniacX(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
seeker121:
[s]cross fingers dey look how some easterners go dey sing praise but take it or you leave it Yoruba is the most educated and most sophisticated tribe.If you are in doubts check our dailies and see the name of most reporters and columnist,besides Ekiti still remain "fountain of knowledge" with highest number of professors in Nigeria.[/s]

*sneezes* embarassed

Sorry, am allergic to bullshyte

13 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
Igbo kwenu , igbo kwenu, igbo kwezuonuoooooo

our destiny can be delayed but it will never be denied. .....

God bless Nigeria. .....

God bless Eri ...

God bless Jews. ...

God bless IGBO

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by basilo101: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
These are d indices to measure real development. Any idi.ot can collect huge free oil revenue and pay d white man to build longest flyover in d universe or whatever. Human capital development is still d best so dat any physical development will high percentage local content thereby reducing poverty. U can find d above in d SE

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
s e / s s

power to Gods children .

big family of love .

eastern bloc

unity ,education , technology , love , jobs . development , ibaka sea port .

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by pazienza(m): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
All these paper stats. Well, atleast this one favours Ndiigbo, so I will accept it.*grins*

Let's not get carried away by this stat. Let's continue doing the good things we have been doing, before you go about buying expensive cars and throwing parties, don't forget to help in the University education of that brilliant and hard working kinsman/sibling/ relative of yours.

Don't forget to contribute in that community health centre your community is about building, don't forget to procure that class room seats and textbooks you promised the principal and headmaster/mistress of your community secondary and primary school .

Don't forget to bring out that outlet from your personal borehole, where other members of your community can get free portable water.

If you are abroad, keep working harder to remit more money home, to enable your siblings in Nigeria get the best education available and establish better businesses, leading to improved standard of living.

If you are a trader hustling in the market, you wanted to school but no money, so you ended up a trader. Please hustle harder to make sure your siblings get educated.

You have an industry outside our region, please endeavour to open a branch here, or relocate, our Youths need all the employment opportunities they can get.

Let's continue doing the right things we have been doing. Onye aghana Nwanne ya! Igbo kwezuonuo!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
seeker121:
cross fingers dey look how some easterners go dey sing praise but take it or you leave it Yoruba is the most educated and most sophisticated tribe.If you are in doubts check our dailies and see the name of most reporters and columnist,besides Ekiti still remain "fountain of knowledge" with highest number of professors in Nigeria.

At the bolded Reporters like aresa that follow Fashola with Nokia phones snapping one classroom. Hundred times or columnists like Gbawe earning by writing per post on NL with big big grammars.

Ekiti is the fountain of marijuana not Knowledge.

20 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by vivalavida(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
pazienza:
All these paper stats. Well, atleast this one favours Ndiigbo, so I will accept it.*grins*

Let's not get carried away by this stat. Let's continue doing the good things we have been doing, before you go about buying expensive cars and throwing parties, don't forget to help in the University education of that brilliant and working kinsman/sibling/ relative of yours.

Don't forget forget to contribute in that community health centre your community is about building, don't forget to procure that class room seats and textbooks you promised the principal and headmaster/mistress of your community secondary and primary school .

Don't forget to bring out out that outlet from your personal borehole, where other members of your community can get free portable water.

If you are abroad, keep working harder to remit more money home, to enable your siblings in Nigeria get the best education available and establish better businesses, leading to improved standard of living.

If you are trader hustling in the market, you wanted to school but no money, so you ended up trader. Please hustle harder to make sure your siblings get educated.

You have an industry outside our region, please endeavour to open a branch here, or relocate, our Youths need all the employment opportunities they can get.

Let's continue doing the right things we have been doing. Onye aghana Nwanne ya! Igbo kwezuonuo!

2 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by tinkinjow: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Interesting! One has to give it to the igbos. Who knows they might even be responsible for the noticeable improvement in other regions.
However, the truth remains that the achievements recorded in the south east are generally due to individual efforts...there are little known govt plans towards addressing those issues - especially water and health. The story of course is the same in other regions. I single out the east because it tops in every aspect.

Funny how pips in places like Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Abia etc are having better access to drinking water, sanitation (of course no surprises here, laughs) and literacy rate than our almighty Lagos. Thanks at least Fashola is working on water. Sometimes one can't help but wonder how Lagos would've been without the Federal presence.

Our state govts really have to start planning and focus on delivering on their plans. Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Cross River, Rivers are trying in these area.

21 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Always thrilled by your wisdom whenever you write
pazienza:

Let's not get carried away by this stat. Let's continue doing the good things we have been doing, before you go about buying expensive cars and throwing parties, don't forget to help in the University education of that brilliant and working kinsman/sibling/ relative of yours.

Don't forget forget to contribute in that community health centre your community is about building, don't forget to procure that class room seats and textbooks you promised the principal and headmaster/mistress of your community secondary and primary school .

Don't forget to bring out out that outlet from your personal borehole, where other members of your community can get free portable water.

If you are trader hustling in the market, you wanted to school but no money, so you ended up trader. Please hustle harder to make sure your siblings get educated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by chmod777: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
seeker121:
cross fingers dey look how some easterners go dey sing praise but take it or you leave it Yoruba is the most educated and most sophisticated tribe.If you are in doubts check our dailies and see the name of most reporters and columnist,besides Ekiti still remain "fountain of knowledge" with highest number of professors in Nigeria.
if u were educated, quote. statistics and source. I get an before no be property. In education jamb. waec and neco also show se n ss leading yet some people. are blind.

13 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by biafransoul: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
seeker121:
Lol...... Tell me you're joking

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by manchy7531: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
how come northern slaves have deserted this thread..i guess it stabbed their education and developmental ego. it doesn't favour them.

eya, some will refuse to eat amala today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by sCun: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
My Igbo brothers and sisters, no slowing down please.
Keep pushing!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by manchy7531: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
but seriously, their is something mysterious about this tribe called igbos. i just dont understand their ways. atimes i begin to wonder if it is a gift or its just their way or there is a spirit driving them. i just dont know.

Being igbo alone is a blessing

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by missionmex(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
Get a good governor, a willing citizen than u r good to go. The little u need from the centre is power supply.

2 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by vivalavida(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
manchy7531:
how come northern slaves have deserted this thread..i guess it stabbed their education and developmental ego. it doesn't favour them.

eya, some will refuse to eat amala today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
The Northern elites should be blamed for the backwardness of the north. Most of those elites are now in APC. APC, a party filled with lies and propaganda.

-in mama peace voice, dem be born throway.
who get dem?
meanwhile buhari pikin dey london de school.
it ish weyl!

3 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Okeikpu(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Later they ll tell you Igbos don't develop their land n bla bla bla........Oga landlord travel n see cool

19 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
The orientation and religious beliefs is a major factor limiting the achievement of MDGs up north. The success down south is also largely due to the general acceptance of Western education. Must we turn everything into tribal war in this country? After corruption, tribalism is the next enemy to Nigeria's progress, and sadly I don't know if there's a solution to tribalism.
Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Obijulius: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
You lack sense. People like you are an embarrassment to your tribe.

Grow up and face the realities on ground. Travel round the country and see if you won't condemn your line of thought.

seeker121:

11 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by ArodeTsolaye: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
vivalavida:
You just gotta give it to the SE.
Presidency or no presidency,we are way ahead of other regions in every facet. Make i download this report jare

Download am sharp sharp before them revisionists come tommorow and tell you how bushy Oshogbo is most developed city in Africa.

6 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Vickygirk(f): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote
author=seeker121 post=32852100]cross fingers dey look how some
easterners go dey sing praise but take it or you leave it Yoruba is the
most educated and most sophisticated tribe.If you are in doubts check
our dailies and see the name of most reporters and columnist,besides
Ekiti still remain "fountain of knowledge" with highest number of
professors in Nigeria.[/quote]

u dont get it, do u? yorubas been the most educated were in the sixties not in this present day...
shikena

5 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by ozoigbondu: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
denziz:
All the claims in the write up remains the creation of someone's imagination if the source is not included for verification.

Bad belle cry me an ocean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by ernecy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mescopaul:
See as the post FAT

Musing2 , wot were u musing abt up there, cos i barely managd to read the headline only grin
finally!! I see ur comment I get hope grin

I read lyk 2 paragraph, I taya grin

1 Like

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Walahi the dude is gifted to be sincere, am following him here for a very long time and am buying all his ideas hook line and sinkers.

I will hook up with him in no distance time, we need peeps like him

CaptainOjemba:
Always thrilled by your wisdom whenever you write

4 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by atlwireles: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nobody can attribute these success stories in the SS/SE to government efforts. These are mainly individual and communal efforts, the road map for the future is clear, no slowing down. Just imagine what these numbers would become, if government at the local and state levels are more purposeful.

5 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Emyben(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
All i see is SE tops followed by SS. Whats wrong with the North East and North West. NC and SW really trying tho

6 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by vivalavida(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Download am sharp sharp before them revisionists come tommorow and tell you how Oshogbo is most developed city in Africa.

Lol.
Oshogbo,the famous town with brown roofs.
Two dayz ago,AIT news visited Ode-irele in ondo state where a sttrange disease is wreackinng havoc. The first thing i could observe wia da brown roofs dat dotted the entire place coupled with the dilapidated buildings.

16 Likes

Re: South-East, South-West, South-South Lead In Attainment Of MDG Goals by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Download am sharp sharp before them revisionists come tommorow and tell you how Oshogbo is most developed city in Africa.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

40 Reps, 5 Senators Have O’Level Certificates As Their Qualifications / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.