Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out (20733 Views)

My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / He Wanted To Perform All Kinds Of Sex Styles With Me —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by ijustdey: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
By Esther Onyegbula
Life, for 28-year-old Folashade Ayetan, a mother of four, has not been a bed of roses.
Without respite, her life has been garnished daily with psychological, emotional and physical torture.
Folashade’s troubles began when she became pregnant 11 years ago at the age of 17, while in Jss 3. Naïvely, she thought that getting married to a man who promised her heaven on earth would provide an escape route or, at least, give her succour. Little did she know that her
marriage to a police officer currently serving at Onireke Divisional Police Station, in Ojo, Lagos, would make her sad.

MY ORDEAL
Looking haggard with her twins, Taiwo and Taiye, Shade recounts her ordeal to Crime Guard:
“I have come to the media because this is the only option. I want Nigerians who will read my story to come to my rescue, save me from the cruel hands of my husband. I live every minute of my life in fear. No doubt, I have made some silly mistakes but, I t think I have suffered so much in silence and now, I am speaking out because I need help urgently.
I was born in 1987. My life is a very complicated one. I got pregnant when I was in JSS 3 and had a baby girl and could not continue schooling. Later, I learnt how to sew clothes.
My problem started after my father chased me out of his house. I began to sleep in a bakery in the area. It was during this period that I met my husband Michael, a police officer and he promised to help me out. That was when I began to date him before I started living with him. My daddy chased me out of the house after he married his last wife, Iya Liade. she manipulated my father till he chased my mother out of the house.

FIVE YEARS BEFORE THE BUBBLE BUST
“We have been together for about five years now but, we dated for a year before I became pregnant for our first child. He didn’t pay my dowry. When he came to see my parents, there was serious disagreement because when I was three months pregnant, he took me to his village to live with his family in a camp at Akure.
Initially, he told my parents that we were going to see his parents in Akure. But he kept me there for almost two years. While I was living with his parents in Ijoka road camp, his mother taught me how to cook their native food because I am Yoruba and he is Calabar. He stopped me from wearing trousers and make-up which I obeyed to make him happy.
Any time we had misunderstanding, he would beat the hell out of me. Even when I was pregnant, the beating continued unabated. He refused to give me money to register in the hospital for ante-natal.
I carried the pregnancy till I delivered. It was in his mother’s room that I delivered. It was God that saved me because after giving birth, they took the baby boy, Godwin, who is now 4 years old, went outside for celebration but abandoned me even while the placenta wasn’t out. It was his father that raised alarm and rescued me.

BATTERING CONTINUES
Three weeks after delivery, he beat me up mercilessly because I bathed my baby when his mother went to a village market. Usually when she goes to the village market, she spends three days before returning, which was why I decided to bath him because Mama was not around. Two days later, I fell ill. I was sick for about ten days without medical care.
It got to a point when I was throwing up and also cleaning my vomit. When I recovered, I went to appeal to the Bale in the community where we lived to plead with my husband to take me back to my family in Lagos.
All these while, I didn’t know my family, especially my mother, had been calling and asking him to bring me back but he would tell them that he would give me the phone to speak with them which he never did. When I came back to Lagos, I found out that my family members made efforts to reach out to me but my husband prevented them because I didn’t have a phone.

ESCAPE TO THE VILLAGE
When the trouble became unbearable, I told them that I wanted to go back to my family with my baby, they refused. They took my seven weeks old baby and chased me out. I practically begged for transport fare from people which I used to get to my village in Owo. My maternal uncle took me to the hospital. I was admitted in three different hospitals. I was at Oke-Mopo hospital before I was moved to Oke-oja hospital at Iyere-Owo. Later, I was transferred to Oke-Mopo-Iyere Medical Centre.
When I was discharged from the hospital, my uncles in Owo invited my father to a meeting to decide my fate because they felt he contributed to my problems. He honoured the invitation and after the discussion, he took me back to his house in Lagos. While I was living with my father, my husband began to plead for forgiveness, saying that it was the devil’s work and that he was a changed man, that he had gone to different churches and they said he must come and ask for forgiveness for all the wrong he did to me otherwise our son would die.
That his life would be miserable without me. He went to my village to plead with relatives. He insisted that he couldn’t marry any other person but me. I told him that I preferred to live under my father’s roof and I was no longer interested and that I have had enough of the be

BACK TO MY FATHER’S HOUSE
After I returned to my father’s house, it did not take time for his attitude towards me to change. He kept on lamenting that I was a source of shame and disgrace to him and the family because I gave birth at home and also had a failed marriage. I kept pleading with him to have compassion on me. I sold fuel. I made clothes for people to enable me provide for my children.
All I asked of my father was to shelter me and my children. There was a day I beat his dog for bringing in disposed pampers from the refuse dump into the house. There was nothing my father did not say because I beat his dog. He said I must return back to the father of my children and that I was no longer welcomed in his house.

SUICIDE ATTEMPT
My father frustrated me to the extent that I drank poison to commit suicide because I wanted to end it all. Luckily for me, they rushed me to the Grace land hospital. He called my husband to come and take me back.
That was how I left the little trading I engaged in to cater for myself and children. When he came, he took me to his place at Alapere in Ketu Mile 12, and we were living together. It was as if he was a changed man. Six months later I got pregnant for the twins. When I was four months gone, his attitude changed again.

……..[b]AND THE BATTERING CONTINUES
He began to beat me. He got provoked at any slightest thing.
When I was seven months pregnant, he beat me, hit my head on the wooden bed and my protruding stomach on the floor. He tore the clothes I wore, chased me out with only pant. It was a neighbour that gave me wrapper to cover my unclothedness. Our neighbours are living witnesses to all these beatings.
The constant beating led to complications to the extent that I had to deliver the twins through caesarean operation at Gbagada General Hospital. Yet, he could not raise money to pay for the hospital bills. It was my elder sister and her husband that loaned him money to pay for the hospital bills. Till date, he paid part of the loan and withheld the balance.
He harassed my mother who came to help me nurse my baby after I delivered the twins. She had to go because of how badly he treated her. Immediately my mother left, he increased the beating. While my babies were two weeks old, he kept demanding for sex even when he knew that I gave birth via caesarean session. When I refused, I received beating.[/b]

FIGHT FOR SURVIVIAL
When my babies were four months, because I didn’t want to be idle, I got a shop where I paid N15, 000 as rent for six months so that I could sew clothes. But each time we had misunderstanding, he would destroy my wares and lock my shop. At a point, neighbours in the compound became fed up with the entire situation and they kept advising me to leave before he kills me. Yet, I continued to stay because I felt my family rejected me, where do I go from there?

ABANDONMENT
There was a time he abandoned the children and I for over a month without coming back home I had to hawk pure water at Mile 12 to be able to feed the three children. After a month, he came back again and continued from where he stopped. There was a particular Sunday he beat me up, used one of the twins Taiye to hit the wall. He tore my clothes.

REPORTS LODGED WITH WELFARE, POLICE
The next day Monday, I went to the Lagos state welfare office in Ikeja to report the case. They told me that they don’t treat cases that involve officers and their spouses because they hardly abide by the advice of the welfare. I cried, not knowing what to do, they told me to go to the police command and report to the provost.
I went to the Police Provost office and reported the case. He was invited alongside with my father. They did what they could to address the issue. They asked him to stop beating me, take care of his family and go to my father’s house and pay my dowry. When I got home that day, he invited his mother to come and take the children back to the village since I wanted the police to sack him. Her mother accused me of wanting

PRESSURE ON ME TO CONTINUE
Within this period, I began to work in Balogun market as a sales girl, to enable me rent a shop and I was recovering from the hell I passed through. I don’t know how but he traced me to where I was working and would always come there to beg for forgiveness. He said I should come back because the children were suffering and missing their mother.
When I refused, he would come there and make trouble. He would embarrass me, shout at the top of his voice, that I am his wife and that I abandoned three children for him. He began to blackmail me saying that my children were sick in the village and that I would be heartless to allow them die because of his attitude towards me.
He went about convincing my family and relatives that the children need their mother and that he wanted me back. Because of the shame, he left Ketu Mile 12 and rented a room and parlour ( self-contain apartment) at Gabriela Awolowo Street, Ijanikin and brought back the children from Akure early January this year.

BACK TO BASE WITH SAME OLD
I had no option than to go back. However, since we began to live in Ijaniki, he then stopped me from working. He seized my phone and said my family must not call me and I must not call them. The beating has continued.
He would insult and call my mother names each time we had misunderstanding. This is the woman that catered for him when he had accident and was in the hospital. I don’t want him to lose his job.
All I want is for him to take responsibility of catering for his children, stop beating me , stalking and constantly threatening my life. He also threatened to kill all the members of my family if I leave him. He said he has corked his gun and ready to kill any of my relatives that questions him about how he treats me.
He also threatened to disfigure me with acid so that no man would be attracted to me. Nigerians, please rescue me before he kills me if for nothing, but for the sake of my innocent children.”When contracted, on the phone, Sergeant Michael, husband of the victim Folashade, denied beating or threatening his wife. He told Vanguard that nothing like that happened. I am not aware and I have no knowledge of what you are talking about.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/save-me-before-my-police-husband-kills-me-wife-cries-out/

1 Share

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Dahjhi: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2015

I am not aware and I have no knowledge of what you are talking about.
Hear the useless GOAT undecided

The lady self. When they are acting in their foolishness at teens dey will be forming beautiful o. She clinched with the useless idiat bcus of the daily police money den. Maka at 17 undecided I knew she would have ignored a young backery boy who should have loved him.

So The Police department doesn't have a way of taming one of dia useless goat bah? undecided Issokah

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by ekim004(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Men can be xo heartless my advice 4 u gather enuf cash 2 rent a ous even if na 1 room wen he z nt in kaput

2 Likes

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by raayah(f): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
ekim004:
Men can be xo heartless my advice 4 u gather enuf cash 2 rent a ous even if na 1 room wen he z nt in kaput

She is probably a house wife who doesnt have any money saved or any source of Income.

Poor woman.

1 Like

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Richy4(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
You are the only one that can rescue yourself madam. You made an effort leaving only to come back. What were you thinking? The kids?.
What made you think he's gonna change.

Why not record one of the threat and hand it to the police so that he can never come 1000 meters close to you.

Assuming you completed your secondary school education, I would have asked if you went to military school. With all this beating you were enduring. Haba!!!

5 Likes

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Juzzybabe(f): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
I didn't read the complete story but the police have laid down rules and punishments for any officer who abuses his wife if not so,no one would have married a military man.

1 Like

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Qmab: 1:53am On Apr 19, 2015
raayah:

She is probably a house wife who doesnt have any money saved or any source of Income.

Poor woman.
she doesn't sound like one. According to the story, she' has been trying her best to take care of her kids by taking odd jobs from time to time. Besides she didn't claim finance as her reason for crying out.
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Zikkie(f): 3:32am On Apr 19, 2015
Wow! This is really disheartening. Just wonder why a lot of men behave like this nowadays! U can't take care of her and still wouldn't let her go? #spits!

2 Likes

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by KanwuliaJara: 5:23am On Apr 20, 2015
Hmmm!

*sighs with relief*

My H-Agnostic GAD bless H-America always! Amen!!!! kiss
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by bukatyne(f): 7:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Gosh!

So sad

Can the lady contact her elder sister to rescue her from that hell?

And I do not understand This trend of not wanting someone and not letting them go.
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by SAMBARRY: 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Hmmm!

*sighs with relief*

My H-Agnostic GAD bless H-America always! Amen!!!! kiss
are you not tired of all this irritating stories with suffer head women who enjoy suffering. I don't even know what to say. I'm Lost for words
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by KanwuliaJara: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
are you not tired of all this irritating stories with suffer head women who enjoy suffering. I don't even know what to say. I'm Lost for words

Tired is a major understatement.

More like DISGUSTED! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Bonapart(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Na wa ooo... even nollywood no dey though like this.
Even police couldn't help because he's an officer...
Permit me to say this, Nigeria is a failed country i must say...
Come to Europe, that man will be detained for years and will be made to pay all the damages he caused the woman...
Beast in human skin...
As for the lady, close ur legs you couldn't. At 17 you started living in hell all because of one single sex

2 Likes

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by godofwar666(m): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
Woman how can i save you wen i am not d one who falsed u to go n marry an animal.
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
When you were enjoying his JOHN TOMAS who saved you Face the consequence HOE, you enjoyed the DICK alone undecided

The fake girl commenting below me has some bull shit to spew as usual undecided

1 Share

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
chaiiii this one strong!!the woman knows what to do just dat she still likes di***ck of that animal.
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by jamex93(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
sorry

all is well
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
chaiiii this one strong!!the woman knows what to do just dat she still likes di***ck of that animal.

undecided yeye dey smell
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Everybody should mind his own business... and I don't see how this is my business!!

For your own safety don't quote me...or
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
searching4love:

undecided yeye dey smell
ode dey smell undecided
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
ode dey smell undecided

Ajimarori dey smell undecided
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Everybody should mind his own business... and I don't see how this is my business!!

For your own safety don't quote me...or
cheesy i just did!!
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by CR9R: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dahjhi:
Hear the useless GOAT undecided

The lady self. When they are acting in their fullishness at teens dey will be forming beautiful o. She clinched with the useless idiat bcus of the daily police money den. Maka at 17 undecided I knew she would have ignored a young backery boy who should have loved him.

So The Police department doesn't have a way of taming one of dia useless goat bah? undecided Issokah
shoro niyen, why would you judge like that.

1 Like

Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
if she has a functional brain, she would have left him a long time ago.
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by laurel03(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
Animal dey wr uniform... Animal dey marry.. Animal dey born pikin.. in fela voice... Ds police officer is a complete animal..
Girl I sure some NGO can help you take up the case now that its on media...
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by okoloikenna(m): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Omowalksola(f): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nawa,28yrs wif 4 children...i wonder wot shez gonna do nao...i pity her condition wella o
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
cheesy i just did!!
I knew you would...... ....
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Bonapart(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
you're truly a bitch... even bitches will deny you hoe
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Apex32: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nawa o! All dis small girls wey guy dey deceive u for corner come learn o or else ur case go worst pass dis lady's own o ADVICE cool
Re: Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bonapart:
you're truly a bitch... even bitches will deny you hoe
I am a what? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unbelievable - My Mother Asked My Woman To Leave / Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / Are You Sexualizing Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.