Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

HOW I STAGED A ROBBERY - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HOW I STAGED A ROBBERY (625 Views)

The Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOW I STAGED A ROBBERY by opustjk: 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Time seemed to move slower as she stared at the nozzle of the gun being pressed against her husband's temple.

The stink of fear was over powering in the living room as the married couple stared in terror at the three intruders that had broken into their home.

The three masked men had bound the couples' hands behind their backs and forced them to their knees.

"Please..." she heard Tokini say as her husband pleaded for their lives.

"Take anything you want...but just let us go....we have childr....!"

One of the masked men brought down the gun on Tokini's head so hard Selepiri could've sworn she'd heard a sickening crunch.

Tokini wailed in pain as he continued pleading for their lives.

As Tokini rolled on the ground he wished he had followed his instincts and not opened the door when they'd heard knocking.

Stupid.he thought.

Very stupid.

He wished he had money in the house to at least buy them time.

His only consolation now was the fact that the children were in school.

God only knew what would've happened if they weren't .

His mind returned to Selepiri as he rolled on the floor.

He had to protect her some how.He had to save her.

But how? he thought as The Men sat him up again.

His ears were still ringing from the pain.

"Please....you can kill me....just leave my wife....alone..." Were the last words from her husband before one of the Masked men shot him in the face.

The gun blast was loud as Selepiri screamed.

Some blood splattered on her as she kept on screaming.The men just stood there in silence.

Her screams went on for a long time.

Suddenly she stopped screaming.

"Is he dead?"she asked cautiously.

The masked man whom pulled the trigger nodded.

"So you couldn't shoot him far away from me?"she said stubbornly.

"You want to deafen my ear with noise abi?"

The men exchanged curious looks.

"Sorry madam,....it was a mistake"Another one began.

"Which kine mistake?.....ABEG UNTIE ME JOR!!!!" She ranted like a five year old.

One of the men hurriedly went behind her and unbound her.

"Madam please ....don't be offended...." He began apologetically.

"Don't 'madam' me anythng...." She said rubbing her wrists together.

"Did you have to shoot him so close to me??.....now look at my dress" she said stretching the fabric of her night gown.

"....I bought this in Dubai.....does it look like Okrika to you?"she spat at them furiously.

"Madam...." The Trigger man began.

"You paid us to kill your husband...oya we've done it.Why are you still shouting at us??" The trigger man said defensively.

"Is it me you're shouting for?"She said defiantly.

Long pause.

"No,madam...is just that...Emeka here has Typhoid...."He said gesturing to the masked man to his left.

".....and he came out tonight..to kill for you...and you're shouting for us..it's not good oh" He said, now sounding like a five year old himself.

Long pause.

Then Selepiri turned to Emeka.

"Okay, Emeka have you taken anything...?"she said forcing the concern into her voice.

".. I've taken paracetamol..but I'm still having headache"Emeka more or less Muttered to her.

"Too much Paracetamol is bad for your liver nau"she said with a hint of irritation on her voice.

"....I didn't know...the chemist..."Emeka began awkwardly.

"...you people and Chemists! ..Go to a hospital and treat yourself...life no get duplicate oh"She declared waving a her finger at him.

Emeka was silent

Selepiri sighed and stared at her husband's corpse.

"Are you sure he's dead?" She asked.

"Hian!" went The trigger man.

"..,Madam.. People usually don't come back when you shoot them in the face!"

"Hmmm!" Selepri went,as she stared at her husband's corpse.

"Stingy Man" she spat in disgust.

"Oya,you people should go before the police show up......I will send you the balance of your money after they read the will,you hear?? She said hurriedly.

The Men began to leave.

"...and Emeka,..." She added
The three of them stopped and turned around.

"....when you get home buy lipton and drink you hear?she said almost lovingly.

Thirty minutes later,she was alone with her husband's dead body.

She was grateful that the kids were in school.She couldn't bear for them to have seen this.

Finally,she was free of this stingy man.She thought to herself.

She couldnt wait for the Will to be read.She was going to be so rich.She thought as she picked up the phone to dial 911.

"...Hello....?....please....(sniff)....my husband has been killed...by armed robbers!" She cried frantically into the phone.

She spoke into the Phone hysterically.

She was pleased at how convincing she sounded.

She stifled a giggle.She couldn't wait for the Will to be read.

LIFE IS A CHOICE MY FRIEND
SO CHOOSE WISELY
ENOUGH SAID

for more stories, visit opustjkwrites..com
Re: HOW I STAGED A ROBBERY by mhizpeaarl(f): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
A word is indeed enough for the wise grin
Re: HOW I STAGED A ROBBERY by 2scorehigh(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nice narrative.

I like the way you introduce the twists in your stories.

Power on!

(1) (Reply)

A Man Of The People (a Short Story) By Helon Habila. / Our Land! / Must Read: Pink And Whites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.