Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Mine Manager And Geologist Wanted - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mine Manager And Geologist Wanted (1133 Views)

Sales Manager And Distributors Needed / Production Manager And Fresh Graduate Wanted In Agbara, Ogun State / Open Position For Trainee Geologist In Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mine Manager And Geologist Wanted by beblessed(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
JOB TITLE: MINE AND GEOLOGY MANAGER
START DATE: JUNE, 2015
POSITION TYPE: 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
COMPANY: ANONYMOUS
RATE: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE

Job description:
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.

• Manage staff and technical resources to provide technical direction, services and support to Operations; the primary technical services to be provided are geologic assessment, mine planning, overburden removal planning and financial direction, drilling and blasting direction and due diligence of potential acquisitions and Greenfield sites.

• Acquire, analyse, and maintain data, documents, and files necessary to provide accurate geological assessments of sites; manage geological testing and assessment of sites including drilling campaigns and their related data and documents.

• Design and manage the field investigation, data acquisition and management, and due diligence of potential reserve acquisitions and green field locations.

• Develop and maintain the short-term, long-term/life of mine and scenario mine planning process and system for sites including geological modeling, extraction sequencing, material technical specifications, site planning (including benches, haul roads, sumps, dumps, etc.), overburden removal (stripping) to optimize resource recovery, product quality, and operational efficiency; supply mine plans for development of reclamation plans; this includes development, implementation, review, and change management of these plans.

• Coordinate the development of, support of and monitoring of implementation of the overburden removal (stripping) program and related capital budget (as applicable).

• Assist various colleagues and consultants by providing mapping and illustrations as needed for land management, operational/site, and environmental issues, etc.

• Provide day-to-day technical support on the strategic development of geology and aggregate reserves to market area operations staff.

• Coordinate and oversee aerial photography and topography services for sites when needed.

• Analyse and coordinate reserve data for sites, maintain reserve data in LIS and related archive files, and prepare periodic reserve reports and analyses.

• Prepare and oversee departmental budget and expenses.

• Apply knowledge of mining engineering to solve problems concerned with land management, environment and operational challenges within the context of the local working area.

• Participate with and support special projects, and knowledge transfer related to mining and geology.

• Supervise and manage department staff, development, and work/results.

Qualification Profile:

Education and Work Experience:

• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent in engineering, mining engineering preferable, civil engineering or related.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in engineering, mining engineering preferred, civil engineering or related.

Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum 5 to 10 years relevant experience in managing engineering technical services and support, preferably in direct or related mining field, and supervisory experience.
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry and engineering mathematics. Ability to comprehend and work with financial management concepts and methods.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to supervise and interact with a wide variety of persons and different functional roles.
• Proficiency with autocad and mining engineering and related computer tools including and preferably mining engineering and involving 3-D geologic models and mining plans.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to travel 30% - 50% nationally.

Certifications:
• Professional mining/engineering certification/license preferred.

Competency Profile:
• Results driven
• Action oriented

Send your cv to info@panacheimageconsulting.net
Re: Mine Manager And Geologist Wanted by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Am in nasarawa and jst sent iin my CV....
Re: Mine Manager And Geologist Wanted by Saryea83: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
beblessed:
JOB TITLE: MINE AND GEOLOGY MANAGER
START DATE: JUNE, 2015
POSITION TYPE: 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
COMPANY: ANONYMOUS
RATE: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE

Job description:
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.

• Manage staff and technical resources to provide technical direction, services and support to Operations; the primary technical services to be provided are geologic assessment, mine planning, overburden removal planning and financial direction, drilling and blasting direction and due diligence of potential acquisitions and Greenfield sites.

• Acquire, analyse, and maintain data, documents, and files necessary to provide accurate geological assessments of sites; manage geological testing and assessment of sites including drilling campaigns and their related data and documents.

• Design and manage the field investigation, data acquisition and management, and due diligence of potential reserve acquisitions and green field locations.

• Develop and maintain the short-term, long-term/life of mine and scenario mine planning process and system for sites including geological modeling, extraction sequencing, material technical specifications, site planning (including benches, haul roads, sumps, dumps, etc.), overburden removal (stripping) to optimize resource recovery, product quality, and operational efficiency; supply mine plans for development of reclamation plans; this includes development, implementation, review, and change management of these plans.

• Coordinate the development of, support of and monitoring of implementation of the overburden removal (stripping) program and related capital budget (as applicable).

• Assist various colleagues and consultants by providing mapping and illustrations as needed for land management, operational/site, and environmental issues, etc.

• Provide day-to-day technical support on the strategic development of geology and aggregate reserves to market area operations staff.

• Coordinate and oversee aerial photography and topography services for sites when needed.

• Analyse and coordinate reserve data for sites, maintain reserve data in LIS and related archive files, and prepare periodic reserve reports and analyses.

• Prepare and oversee departmental budget and expenses.

• Apply knowledge of mining engineering to solve problems concerned with land management, environment and operational challenges within the context of the local working area.

• Participate with and support special projects, and knowledge transfer related to mining and geology.

• Supervise and manage department staff, development, and work/results.

Qualification Profile:

Education and Work Experience:

• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent in engineering, mining engineering preferable, civil engineering or related.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in engineering, mining engineering preferred, civil engineering or related.

Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum 5 to 10 years relevant experience in managing engineering technical services and support, preferably in direct or related mining field, and supervisory experience.
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry and engineering mathematics. Ability to comprehend and work with financial management concepts and methods.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to supervise and interact with a wide variety of persons and different functional roles.
• Proficiency with autocad and mining engineering and related computer tools including and preferably mining engineering and involving 3-D geologic models and mining plans.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to travel 30% - 50% nationally.

Certifications:
• Professional mining/engineering certification/license preferred.

Competency Profile:
• Results driven
• Action oriented

Send your cv to info@panacheimageconsulting.net

(1) (Reply)

Weird Job Interview Questions / Beware Of Fake Recruiters: Here Is A List Of Fake Recruiters / WTS Energy Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.